PDA

View Full Version : Tax house and land

Felixccb
02-06-2015, 07:01 AM
You are in accordance with these rates? ning the game. Very high this rate. Voces agree? Let's talk about it.

Turrican
02-06-2015, 07:25 AM
You are in accordance with these rates? ning the game. Very high this rate. Voces agree? Let's talk about it.

How many drinks did you have yet?

Traciatim
02-06-2015, 07:27 AM
u wut m8!?

scallonisi
02-06-2015, 07:30 AM
Honestly, taxes are the least of my concerns.

Pwnocchio
02-06-2015, 07:53 AM

The only problem I have with tax certs is that they aren't a product of the Printing profession (with expensive inputs) and that they are in the cash store.

I think the high prices are fine.

It's possible that they could rise higher and create some problem I hadn't considered, but 4g / cert is fine in my book.

Socrates
02-06-2015, 08:38 AM
4g a cert isn't cool when you have a mansion and you just have to maintain the land. In EQ landmark you can pay your land tax by farming copper ore and paying that way. You should be able to pay buy using some sort of ore that you use labor to gain here. Just stupid you have to use cash shop item and not a labor item to keep your land and you wonder why one of the reasons why your players are leaving.

Djinnrau
02-06-2015, 08:44 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1357165/confused-o.gif

Traciatim
02-06-2015, 08:48 AM
4g a cert isn't cool when you have a mansion and you just have to maintain the land. In EQ landmark you can pay your land tax by farming copper ore and paying that way. You should be able to pay buy using some sort of ore that you use labor to gain here. Just stupid you have to use cash shop item and not a labor item to keep your land and you wonder why one of the reasons why your players are leaving.

You don't have to if you use labor, or loyalty. You can make about 46 certs a week with loyalty alone. That's nearly enough to cover your mansion if you only have 2 properties. If you have lots of properties you should consider buying 2 apex instead and putting most of them on a second account and pay for the tax with it's loyalty and labor.

Mahrii
02-06-2015, 08:52 AM
You don't have to if you use labor, or loyalty. You can make about 46 certs a week with loyalty alone. That's nearly enough to cover your mansion if you only have 2 properties. If you have lots of properties you should consider buying 2 apex instead and putting most of them on a second account and pay for the tax with it's loyalty and labor.

This is what I had to do. I have a second account that I use to pay for the taxes by crafting certs and using the loyalty for the taxes as well.
It's not a great system but its there.

I'm pretty ticked though, because there was some kind of error in my account that wouldn't let me buy anything or pay anything or even change payment methods, and I lost patron because of their error, they did add 2 days of patron to my account but failed to do anything about almost 7k labor lost during that time.

Namai
02-06-2015, 09:06 AM
The tax rate is there to stop people owning too many properties.

Find it too high? Sell some off.

Pwnocchio
02-06-2015, 09:09 AM
4g a cert isn't cool when you have a mansion and you just have to maintain the land.

Well, mansions are kinda on the luxury side of the game. They aren't supposed to be easy to have and maintain.

In EQ landmark you can pay your land tax by farming copper ore and paying that way.

Was land instanced in EQ (meaning there wasn't a limited amount of it)?

You should be able to pay buy using some sort of ore that you use labor to gain here. Just stupid you have to use cash shop item and not a labor item to keep your land and you wonder why one of the reasons why your players are leaving.

You can churn labor directly into tax certificates if you go to any building and hit the 'anvil' icon.

It costs 200 labor to make 5 tax certs.

Mahrii
02-06-2015, 09:11 AM
The tax rate is there to stop people owning too many properties.

Find it too high? Sell some off.

Where do you get that information from?
Why would they want to keep people from owning too many properties?

The Devs and Scapes even agreed on livestream the other day that the economy is out of whack, tax certs on my server are up to 5g each.

a player should be able to own as much land as they want, yes eventually there would be a limit to how much they can afford just like in real life.

Pwnocchio
02-06-2015, 09:17 AM

Because there is only a finite amount of housing area available on any server.

This is why there is also a tax penalty the grows starting with your 3rd piece of land.

There are ways to minimize the pain by creating new patron accounts and spreading out your land but it's a pain in the butt that some players choose to avoid.

Traciatim
02-06-2015, 09:19 AM

The Devs and Scapes even agreed on livestream the other day that the economy is out of whack, tax certs on my server are up to 5g each.

a player should be able to own as much land as they want, yes eventually there would be a limit to how much they can afford just like in real life.

Do you even know how the tax system works? Starting from your 3rd property all of your tax bills go up by 50% for each additional property you own.

So if you own 2 farms, at 10 certs each. You pay 20 certs. If you own three farms you pay 50% more, so 15 certs each, for a total of 45. If you own four farms you pay 50% more on the base amount again, so 20 tax certs each, meaning you pay 80 certs total (20 time 4).

This is why people use secondary accounts to hold land, because it drops your tax rate down, and you get a secondary loyalty and labor pool to pay your taxes with.

Namai
02-06-2015, 09:24 AM
It is the only reason at all for the escalating system that is in place.

The more people that own land, the more subscriptions Trion get. While it isn't the only reason to subscribe, land ownership is by far the biggest. So, it is basic economics that it is in Trions best interests that many people maintain a few plots of land each. While they don't want to stop you from maintaining as much land as you can afford, they do want to make it so you can not afford an excessive amount.

PhoenixrisingLA
02-06-2015, 09:50 AM
Consolidated all my land to gazebo's and 16x16's due to the tax prices.

Totally worth it.

SkullMonkey
02-06-2015, 11:05 AM
The only problem I have with tax certs is that they aren't a product of the Printing profession (with expensive inputs) and that they are in the cash store.

I agree that unbound tax certs should be craftable via high tier printing profession.

PhoenixrisingLA
02-06-2015, 11:07 AM
I agree that unbound tax certs should be craftable via high tier printing profession.

That would be a cool feature. The recipe would have to be pretty costly to avoid being abused though.

I like that they are sold in the cash shop, it means I'll always be able to buy them in AH for gold.

SkullMonkey
02-06-2015, 11:09 AM
That would be a cool feature. The recipe would have to be pretty costly to avoid being abused though.

I like that they are sold in the cash shop, it means I'll always be able to buy them in AH for gold.

Make the paper require it to be printed on a blank scroll with a special ink you can only make from saffron. 1 scroll will give you 5 tax certs. Done and done.

Knife
02-06-2015, 11:13 AM
I disagree. Although it would be a nice feature, everybody would just level printing and leave other professions at the side.

junweizhu
02-06-2015, 11:14 AM

I think the high prices are fine.

It's possible that they could rise higher and create some problem I hadn't considered, but 4g / cert is fine in my book.

That not being in the printing part isn't my concern, but basically that the marketplace has tax certs and that it's unbound is bothersome, especially during launch. I mean how do people have a lot of tax certs back then and how did they manage to deny others land by amassing 10+ land?

I disagree. Although it would be a nice feature, everybody would just level printing and leave other professions at the side.

I doubt it. It will still take quite a bit of lp to craft the certificates and if too many people do it, it will become rather worth little and you'll end up just buying the tax certs because it'll be cheaper than crafting them then.

Pwnocchio
02-06-2015, 11:16 AM
That not being in the printing part isn't my concern, but basically that the marketplace has tax certs and that it's unbound is bothersome, especially during launch. I mean how do people have a lot of tax certs back then and how did they manage to deny others land by amassing 10+ land?

If you want to own a lot of land you can dodge the tax penalty by purchasing multiple patron accounts and spreading the land among them.

This works for Trion because a lot of players who do this pay with subscriptions rather than Apex.

Siobhan
02-06-2015, 11:38 AM
A couple of truths here

1. Tax certs are high. If you don't want to pay for them with gold or a credit card, use labor or loyalty.
2. Trion (and by extension XL) are not going to change anything overnight.
3. If you're not earning enough from a farm to pay for itself, there's a problem. Adjust or sell it.

SkullMonkey
02-06-2015, 01:05 PM

that logic doesn't really make sense. levelling any profession takes a lot of time so only certain ppl will choose to do it. There are way more profitable professions out there. The market would naturally balance out the ppl making tax certs. sure there will be an influx at the beginning but less people will do it once the price of tax certs comes down to a reasonable amount.