PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Livestream: February 6 at 3:30 PM PST

Scapes
02-06-2015, 11:51 AM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AA_POSE_Glider_ThunderboltAndFeatheredDragon_01_95 2x414.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/02/06/archeage-livestream-february-6-at-330-pm-pst)

Join Lead Producer Victoria "FireCait" Voss, Producer Merv "Khrolan" Lee Kwai, Associate Producer Amanda "Amary" Fry, and Senior Community Relations Manager Evan "Scapes" Berman on the Trion Worlds Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds) for our third ArcheAge livestream of the new year. We'll be discussing this week's XLGAMES visit to Trion Worlds, the latest on Secrets of Ayanad, our plans for Patch 1.7, and an update on the game economy.

ArcheAge Livestream
Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
Start Time: Friday, February 6 at 3:30 PM PST (GMT-8)
Duration: 45 minutes

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/02/06/archeage-livestream-february-6-at-330-pm-pst)

Abra
02-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Duuuuh...first.

On a more serious note, I know you have discussed expanding the viability of different gliders by sorting them into different tiers, but how much of this discussion has been amongst yourselves, and how much of it has actually been collaboration between XL?

What is the likelihood that we may actually see varied tiers of gliders?

P.S. I have been asking for weeks now...whose bike is that in the corner? The red one, which is always behind you guys when you're streaming. That is a bike right?

Infraction
02-06-2015, 11:59 AM
So far we keep getting lots of speculation.

What are the chances at a more firm timeframe as to when we can expect some sort of fix for archeum?

alcheon
02-06-2015, 12:02 PM
the prices are player driven, server such as lucius with low pops are facing some sort of economy crisis, with archeum crystals seling at 30g each. making it very hard for players to produce goods. yes the archeum tree will produce 16 dust/ 10 shards in the near future patch. but what about now?

Myles
02-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Why is login disabled but the thread discussing the patch removed?

Vivvy
02-06-2015, 12:09 PM

Yeah this. Every week it gets more amazingerer than before Gilbert.

Rahvin
02-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Good topics on this stream.

Scapes
02-06-2015, 12:15 PM

The login servers are live and all game servers should be available. Have you tried restarting Glyph?

smrdo
02-06-2015, 12:17 PM
its pathetic that u do live stream again at 01.00 in eu time really caring for your eu players. and giving out packs makes it even worse.

TY trion that u show us that euros stink to american ppl

Aycee
02-06-2015, 12:41 PM
I love that you guys are doing livestreams consistently again, it really brings back the connection between the team and players.

Long shot to be of any importance in the stream, but will we be seeing the Crimson lightning mount in our version and if so when??

http://forums.archeagegame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7172&d=1418385939

Kogiii
02-06-2015, 12:44 PM
The login servers are live and all game servers should be available. Have you tried restarting Glyph?

They are, but after last DDoS atack we cant connect using some proxys...

Scapes
02-06-2015, 12:49 PM
its pathetic that u do live stream again at 01.00 in eu time

With multiple Trion Worlds games being livestreamed each week, it's difficult to set a time slot that works for all regions and all games. We'ev moved the time slot once before to better accommodate our European players and can do so again.

Tol
02-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Could we get an update on the healer gear issues?

1. Life ring "skill damage" does not work for heals.
2. The spirit cloak lunafrost is dependant on magic attacks to regen mana.
3. No healing themed glove enchant
4. Still no way to get a decent 1h club aside from crafted.

Thank you!

Trodizzle2
02-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Could you have Amary address the massive crush I have on her?

zigzag
02-06-2015, 01:05 PM
the prices are player driven, server such as lucius with low pops are facing some sort of economy crisis, with archeum crystals seling at 30g each. making it very hard for players to produce goods. yes the archeum tree will produce 16 dust/ 10 shards in the near future patch. but what about now?
I just want to say I agree all the way with what you said. I'm on North America Enla server, and archeum crystals were selling for 80 gold at one point and now have dropped down to about 40-50 gold.

Neetero
02-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Can we have a ranking on arena please, the last livestream you dont answer this question, please do it tonight :(

Necrodeemus
02-06-2015, 01:09 PM
Can you ask the power that be to send me a message on the forums asking me how I would like to claim my sloth glider prize and thank you :)

Also, how about creating trade vendors /gold/gilda/resource in arioria to make it viable and introduce more pvp into the game ... hell if u wanna go crazy good, make castle owners have the ability to assign what resource the vendors give....

Keenetic
02-06-2015, 01:10 PM
Why was I banned on twitch chat last Archeage stream for mentioning the Server situation with DDOS?

Maireen
02-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Can we have a ranking on arena please, the last livestream you dont answer this question, please do it tonight :(I've seen streamers on Korean server... so you'll see it on 1.7 or a later patch of 1.7

bytoa
02-06-2015, 01:14 PM
There is item in Korea, which let you "re-roll" your weapon. For example, if you have Delphinad Flame Bow, you can buy that item, and try your luck getting Delphinad Volcano. However gamble can let you have Sunset too for example.

Do you plan adding it with lv 55 or 1.7 ?

Eilios
02-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Can you guys please explain what is "broken" with player factions and why its being held off exactly, when its been working as intended in KR since July 2013?

Its always the same answer... its broken. What is broke if its been live in KR for over 1.5 years now, and is in a version we have right now?

Players who have played the KR version also say it is working as intended, and have posted on these forums saying so quite some time ago, but its never been addressed. Why keep giving work around answers? Just be honest please...

LonelyPengoo
02-06-2015, 01:22 PM
Will the TRION doggie be in the stream too?! :> And when are the contest winners going to get their gliders? The wait is real xD

Hypnos
02-06-2015, 01:26 PM
When will we be able to pay more then 1 Weeks Taxes in Advance?
March break is coming up...
I don't like the idea of having to give my Account Info to another person to pay my Taxes so that I don't lose my Land, but I seed no other way...

Sarat00ga
02-06-2015, 01:26 PM
SCAPES OR OTHER GM: Will you all be addressing some sort of safety feature for those of us who are self-demoing lands to place larger or different configurations of lands??

Should be some sort of protection for us while doing this assuming out taxes are all paid up etc.....

Kyazi
02-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Is there any chance of starting a player game assistant position with the task of helping new players with questions and hosting small scale events cause ATM these "divine boxes" are not really events when can we see something creative. I have already hosted a few in game events including: map name scramble and want to do various other events like I have been doing on various games that I was a gm assistant on. (On mobile sorry for confusion or misspelling) but the idea of in game players who can help players without trolling them and will make new players feel less overwhelmed. Also having players host events that can be sponsored by trion ( aka have the gm assistant submit the idea and such before approving or sponsoring) this will bring out the sandbox part of the game that no one utilizes I mean heck I built a laser tag arena in perinoor on salphira... :/ the pros outweigh the cons.

Keenetic
02-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Can you guys please explain what is "broken" with player factions and why its being held off exactly, when its been working as intended in KR since July 2013?

Its always the same answer... its broken. What is broke if its been live in KR for over 1.5 years now, and is in a version we have right now?

Players who have played the KR version also say it is working as intended, and have posted on these forums saying so quite some time ago, but its never been addressed. Why keep giving work around answers? Just be honest please...

I'm Korean and I've kept up with the Korean Archeage scene. The problem was that once a Nation was formed in Auroria by the castle owners, they were way too dominant and unbeatable. They owned every Field Bosses and Rifts. Think about 4~5 biggest guilds in west and east with the largest numbers being their own faction. Do you think your servers smaller west faction guilds or east faction guilds tackle them down?

Nomi
02-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Are there any plans to increase the number of characters that we can create per account? Per server? Before the new races, assuming we get additional character slots when the new races are released to EU/NA. Thanks

Scapes
02-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Could we get an update on the healer gear issues?

Yes, this was one of the topics we discussed with XLGAMES during their visit.

Eilios
02-06-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm Korean and I've kept up with the Korean Archeage scene. The problem was that once a Nation was formed in Auroria by the castle owners, they were way too dominant and unbeatable. They owned every Field Bosses and Rifts. Think about 4~5 biggest guilds in west and east with the largest numbers being their own faction. Do you think your servers smaller west faction guilds or east faction guilds tackle them down?
They can do that without nations though, and sort of do where i am.

Thats also part of the mechanic i presume? Even still, I as well as at least a few others would like to hear what is actually broken, a plan on it, or something.
It's a huge end game mechanic on this game that has little to no explanation from actual staff of what is actually broken, possible fixes, and if there is any near expectation to see the mechanic in game.

LianLi
02-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Siege balance! When do you think we can get the Korean 1.8 siege changes? Is that possible?

Soincredible
02-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Server Transfer news coming today!!!! or not.

chrisluissanc
02-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Will song craft aurorioa lack of exsistance be addressed? It is technically healer gear.

actingcapt
02-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Will Archeage ever add in instanced battlegrounds? Like, 5v5/10v10 battlegrounds? WvW pvp is well and good, but I miss instanced PvP..

Steelwind
02-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Why are there discussions about what to do about Archeum when 1.7 brings that solution with the change to Archeum Trees? This seems counter productive to spend time balancing something that already has a fix. Wouldn't it make more sense to simply fast track 1.7 OR try and get XL to deliver the Archeum tree fix early?

One could also make the same statement regarding regrade crystals which is being addressed in 1.7 with regrade rock processing.

chrisluissanc
02-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Will Archeage ever add in instanced battlegrounds? Like, 5v5/10v10 battlegrounds? WvW pvp is well and good, but I miss instanced PvP..

So bigger arena with queuing. They diss used Queing / lack of it last time.

Ulfnaor
02-06-2015, 03:17 PM
A few questions:

1)Have you had any meeting with XLGames since the last livestream? If so, can you tell us a bit what was discussed and how the talks went in general?

2)In the last livestream, you talked about armour balance in the game and mentioned that plate gave you high physical defense and minimal magic defense, leather gave a bit of both and cloth gave low physical defense but high magic defense. As has been pointed out by many - and it's a recurring theme on the forums - the problem is with plate armour giving no magic defense, while cloth armour gives some physical defense. Will something be done about that imbalance or is it working as intended because of most classes doing physical damage (making plate more useful overall)?

3)@Scapes, you mentioned somewhere that when character transfers (not if, when) are available, they will be open so people from highly populated servers can migrate to low-pop servers. I believe virtually everybody out there asking for such character transfers want the opposite: to leave their low-pop servers and join the most populated servers. Last livestream, you guys had a pretty firm opposition to any kind of char. transfers/mergers saying that, if they were to happen, they wouldn't happen any time soon. Did that position change?

4)The price of crystals, shards and dusts seems to be fluctuating massively. On most clusters, it went way up and now is back down a lot. Any comment on that? Care to develop as to what is causing those massive, AA-wide movements?

5)Any plan to develop arenas and gladiator matches based on clusters rather than servers? Queues are getting longer (thanks in part to the people who come with 100g worth of buffs to a single 1v1, though) and population is getting smaller, meaning we're often facing the same people over and over. It'd be nice if we could compete against other servers' finest.

6)It seems that more and more items from the marketplace are "bind on pickup" rather than "bind on equip". Is that the new direction Trion wants to take for the game?

Tavox
02-06-2015, 03:46 PM
I have a question about regrade RNG. Is it broken?

I have used 44 armor regrade scrolls to try to upgrade my armor. I only managed to upgrade ONE to Unique, downgraded half the times to Arcane. IS this broken or is it "working as intended"?

And you wonder by we are so under geared compared to where Korea was at the same point in the game. lol

Yarnia
02-06-2015, 03:53 PM
What happened to the Valentine's Day costumes?? We've been seeing pictures of the two "angel" costumes that are included in other game versions - why not ours?

Mackievelli
02-06-2015, 05:06 PM
hi from sunny mars.

Eudae
02-06-2015, 05:21 PM
I like how your response to the labor question was basically "we talked about it already so we're not going to change it".

Why would you want me to leave archeage open all day just to get 10lp/5m?

Sunararee
02-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Hi, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the Archeum Starter Pack!

For some reason I have not been able to reply on Twitch or pm here so I thought I'll see if this works.

Thanks for the streams & for the information, I really enjoy watching them.

Have a great weekend! :D