PDA

View Full Version : PTS Wipe Confirmed in Livestream

Stonelotus
02-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Trion worlds, where incompetence meets tenacity.

Neeuq
02-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Yup...but it sounds like they will be giving more gear specific items, and everything will be epherium heroic

Flidaisy
02-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Meh, not going to bother then. Can't test anything if you don't have mats to make the stuff. Can't have the mats to test the stuff if they're going to wipe all the work we've done trying to grow and gather mats. I'm not going through it again. Everyone knows they're not going to give us new commands to magically get what we need (mats) to test anything. Everyone (including me) knew going in that a wipe would occur at any time, and that's fine and understandable. But now that I've put in the hours to grow and gather, I know I don't want to do it ever again. It's too painful. :D

What really make me sick is that I spent REAL MONEY so I could have credits to test on the PTS, which is of course now shut down before I used the credits. Look my name up in the dictionary - you'll see a big donkey's ♥♥♥. I'll never spend another dime on this.

So long, and thanks for all the fish .... err, wait. We didn't get fish, either.

Sessia
02-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Meh, not going to bother then. Can't test anything if you don't have mats to make the stuff. Can't have the mats to test the stuff if they're going to wipe all the work we've done trying to grow and gather mats. I'm not going through it again. Everyone knows they're not going to give us new commands to magically get what we need (mats) to test anything. Everyone (including me) knew going in that a wipe would occur at any time, and that's fine and understandable. But now that I've put in the hours to grow and gather, I know I don't want to do it ever again. It's too painful. :D

What really make me sick is that I spent REAL MONEY so I could have credits to test on the PTS, which is of course now shut down before I used the credits. Look my name up in the dictionary - you'll see a big donkey's ♥♥♥. I'll never spend another dime on this.

So long, and thanks for all the fish .... err, wait. We didn't get fish, either.

The credits you bought you can use on live. I don't see the problem.

Lord Suzuki
02-06-2015, 06:11 PM

You are there to test the newly implemented things, not things that are already there. So basically for the newest PTS is
Test Glider Smokescreen and valentine items
thats about it

Neeuq
02-06-2015, 06:19 PM
ehh..it sucks, but we knew wipes were bound to happen, but its all good and fun

grummit
02-06-2015, 06:27 PM
You are there to test the newly implemented things, not things that are already there. So basically for the newest PTS is
Test Glider Smokescreen and valentine items
thats about it

Items take credits, which they did not give in order to test. So how do you supposed to test something if you have no access to it? Oh yeah, PAY for credits on live then jump to PTS and test it out. Yeah, pay to test, no thank you.

Pryden
02-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Well, at least I played knowing the server could be wiped, so I have no worries with this. I made friends on PTS, and I hope to find them to keep testing on the next rotation.

The Fluffy is a Lie will never die. :D

Flidaisy
02-06-2015, 06:33 PM
I wanted to test out the plushie pets, so I could figure out which one I wanted to use the credits for on live. I wanted to test out the dinghy to see if I wanted to spend those credits on live for the boat. Those are newly implemented things, are they not? I guess it's my fault for waiting two days to test it. If they'd just told us in advance "this server will only be up for 2 days" then I'd have known not to procrastinate. I was too busy on the live server, but I would have made the time had I known. No matter. Not like I would have bought into the rng on live anyway.

teek
02-06-2015, 07:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CniN8iZ.jpg

never 5get

Arialun
02-06-2015, 07:22 PM
I only use PTS to test the new marketplace stuff since that is likely what Trion want us to do.

Testing everything else seems pointless when they gonna wipe everything later on.

Kosmaniac
02-06-2015, 07:51 PM
The Fluffy is a Lie will never die. :D

You know it Pryden!

Errzza
02-06-2015, 10:25 PM
So i heard about the wipe...ok...also heard they not going to reset the credits anyone know if thats true?

Neeuq
02-07-2015, 12:04 AM
So i heard about the wipe...ok...also heard they not going to reset the credits anyone know if thats true?

from what they said, no they will not be reseting credits or giving us anymore, but will be giving us everything we need

Chuggalugg
02-07-2015, 07:26 AM
http://kheprigames.com/fail1.jpg

Pryden
02-07-2015, 07:30 AM
from what they said, no they will not be reseting credits or giving us anymore, but will be giving us everything we need

Not resetting the credits would be a dick move, i hope they don't do that. I'm not buying credits for PTS, no one is stupid to that point.

DarkManiako
02-07-2015, 07:32 AM
Trion worlds, where incompetence meets tenacity.

it's a test server, why should this bother you?
you farmed materials? you are an idiot
you bought credits? you are an idiot

test servers should give you anything you need to test something and give them a feedback, you shouldn't "play" there.

Neeuq
02-07-2015, 08:55 AM
it's a test server, why should this bother you?
you farmed materials? you are an idiot
you bought credits? you are an idiot

test servers should give you anything you need to test something and give them a feedback, you shouldn't "play" there.

I love how everyone is so quick to jump down everyone's throats for playing on PTS..lol

DarkManiako
02-07-2015, 09:52 AM
I love how everyone is so quick to jump down everyone's throats for playing on PTS..lol

If you open i thread about how incompetent Trion is for wiping chars in PTS...

Alciel
02-07-2015, 12:12 PM
http://kheprigames.com/fail1.jpg

This is it.

Einar
02-07-2015, 12:32 PM
...and they won't refund or even giving out credits. All the credits used to expand inventory will be lost. Holy bananas. Pay to test their game for them, what the hell backward ♥♥♥ is that....

Jin
02-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Hence the reason why you do not treat PTS like the live servers.

PTS is meant for testing out things. Try before you buy type of deal before you do it on the main servers.

Derklez
02-07-2015, 02:46 PM
They have openly said the PTS can be wiped at any time for any reason. This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone for any reason.

Lord Suzuki
02-08-2015, 07:45 AM
I wanted to test out the plushie pets, so I could figure out which one I wanted to use the credits for on live. I wanted to test out the dinghy to see if I wanted to spend those credits on live for the boat. Those are newly implemented things, are they not? I guess it's my fault for waiting two days to test it. If they'd just told us in advance "this server will only be up for 2 days" then I'd have known not to procrastinate. I was too busy on the live server, but I would have made the time had I known. No matter. Not like I would have bought into the rng on live anyway.

Its not a "free trial" on cash shop items. If you don't buy credits let the players who do test it

alexhype
02-08-2015, 10:48 AM

its always fun to see people complain about simple stuff the only thing i have to say about the wipe is that they should have do it long time ago and put this new so call update on pts but trion is always slow to do stuff

Triumff
02-09-2015, 05:59 AM
Keep calm and stop complain about stupid think and read this ...
Is my progress on PTS permanent?

No, all progress on PTS may be wiped at any time without notice.

Desie
02-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Ok I just want to say a few thing and before ppl flame me etc please read the entirety of the post.

As a PTS tester we knew it could be wiped at any given time, with this being said several times Trion had mentioned that they were not actively looking to wipe the pts unless there was a major catastrophic error etc.

Durning the first wave of testing they did not provide needed mats etc to do proper testing of the game. So several of us went above and beyond and began building/farming/ etc to hoard mats needed for all aspects of the game to help provide both incoming and older testers with mats to test the various aspects of the game.

Now we play live and pts so please dont go flamming and say we were living solely on the pts. On average I myself would log in harvest/feed livestock etc about an hr a day then head back to live servers once all my farms were taken care of.

As everyone knows, even end game focused testing for dungeons etc and new stuff that is released, any time you add any type of new coding it can screw with all coding in the game so technically all aspects have to be tested not just what is being released for the new so called patch.

Now I would agree a majority of the new content needs to be on the front burner for testing but that does not mean that the other stuff doesnt even get looked at. All aspects need to be tested at all times.

With this all being said when we came in we were undergeared for some of the stuff being released etc so we set foot out to get what we needed since Trion did not provide us with needed mats to upgrade armor etc to try and get what we need to test the newer dungeons coming out or already out.

A lot of flamming is going on for those testers that did this saying we lived on the PTS etc etc. Yes we spent some time on there, yes we built what was needed, but by all means that did not mean we didnt also spend the vast majority of our time on live servers.

I am disappointed to see all our hardwork getting wipped, but we knew this could happen, not quite sure as to why they are wiping it there was no major coding errors that would require this.

As they said Fluffy got leveled up as well in his commands etc but that could have just been added in without a wipe. Just seems they say one thing then do another we were told several times they wouldnt wipe unless catastrophic failure, but alas here we are.

They did mention Fluffy will provide us with everything we need. Here is the question now......Will fluffy provide the needed mats if we have to regrade cause we dont have the necessary gear to get thru a new released dungeon, will fluffy provide mats needed to make potions cause im sorry the ones we get with the command will only last so long till they run out.

There are so many variables and so many resources that we might need to test everything and sorry due to coding etc is fluffy going to be able to provide "Everything" or is it going to be limited like before and then when he needs an update take over 2 months before he gets "leveled up".

I love the game but just seems a little backwards as to how they treat the pts. They were saving our progress etc but now why would they if they just gonna wipe it every 2 months before big updates. This just doesnt seem to make sence.

Most MMO's that have PTS servers never even do wipes and yes I know this is a different company i was just making a blanket statement. I can tell you this though, Towards the end on the pts before this wipe there were only a few of us left to test, if you keep wiping with every major patch etc you wont get any testers or very few that come back and actually test the game.

Sure you will get the tourists (ie the ones that just come in and see what free crap they can get and to check the market before it hits live) then they are gone. Most companys would like to try and retain their faithfull testers that will actually test the game and not just be there for a few fleeting moments.

Well gl to everyone hope to see the testers back on pts when it goes live and keeping my fingers crossed that Fluffy has truely leveled up and provides everything, but I'm not holding my breath. I do enjoy the game just kinda disappointed on how they treat their customer base. GL to all the testers that I have met and hope live is treating you well and hope to see ya soon.

Saveric
02-09-2015, 09:12 AM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080822005701/pvx/images/c/cf/Dont_TLDR.gif

Formating! Do it!

Chuggalugg
02-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Ok I just want to say a few thing and before ppl flame me etc please read the entirety of the post.

As a PTS tester we knew it could be wiped at any given time, with this being said several times Trion had mentioned that they were not actively looking to wipe the pts unless there was a major catastrophic error etc.

During the first wave of testing they did not provide needed mats etc to do proper testing of the game. So several of us went above and beyond and began building/farming/ etc to hoard mats needed for all aspects of the game to help provide both incoming and older testers with mats to test the various aspects of the game.

Now we play live and pts so please don't go flaming and say we were living solely on the pts. On average I myself would log in harvest/feed livestock etc about an hr a day then head back to live servers once all my farms were taken care of.

As everyone knows, even end game focused testing for dungeons etc and new stuff that is released, any time you add any type of new coding it can screw with all coding in the game so technically all aspects have to be tested not just what is being released for the new so called patch.

Now I would agree a majority of the new content needs to be on the front burner for testing but that does not mean that the other stuff doesn't even get looked at. All aspects need to be tested at all times.

With this all being said when we came in we were under geared for some of the stuff being released etc so we set foot out to get what we needed since Trion did not provide us with needed mats to upgrade armor etc to try and get what we need to test the newer dungeons coming out or already out.

A lot of flaming is going on for those testers that did this saying we lived on the PTS etc etc. Yes we spent some time on there, yes we built what was needed, but by all means that did not mean we didn't also spend the vast majority of our time on live servers.

I am disappointed to see all our hard work getting wiped, but we knew this could happen, not quite sure as to why they are wiping it there was no major coding errors that would require this.

As they said Fluffy got leveled up as well in his commands etc but that could have just been added in without a wipe. Just seems they say one thing then do another we were told several times they wouldn't wipe unless catastrophic failure, but alas here we are.

They did mention Fluffy will provide us with everything we need. Here is the question now......Will fluffy provide the needed mats if we have to regrade cause we don't have the necessary gear to get through a new released dungeon?, will fluffy provide mats needed to make potions? cause I'm sorry the ones we get with the command will only last so long till they run out.

There are so many variables and so many resources that we might need to test everything and sorry due to coding etc is fluffy going to be able to provide "Everything" or is it going to be limited like before and then when he needs an update take over 2 months before he gets "leveled up".

I love the game but just seems a little backwards as to how they treat the pts. They were saving our progress etc but now why would they if they just gonna wipe it every 2 months before big updates. This just doesn't seem to make sense.

Most MMO's that have PTS servers never even do wipes and yes I know this is a different company I was just making a blanket statement. I can tell you this though, Towards the end on the pts before this wipe there were only a few of us left to test, if you keep wiping with every major patch etc you wont get any testers or very few that come back and actually test the game.

Sure you will get the tourists (ie the ones that just come in and see what free crap they can get and to check the market before it hits live) then they are gone. Most company's would like to try and retain their faithful testers that will actually test the game and not just be there for a few fleeting moments.

Well gl to everyone hope to see the testers back on pts when it goes live and keeping my fingers crossed that Fluffy has truly leveled up and provides everything, but I'm not holding my breath. I do enjoy the game just kinda disappointed on how they treat their customer base. GL to all the testers that I have met and hope life is treating you well and hope to see ya soon. Fixed it a bit for ya Des hope you dont mind, Trixiy xo :)

Saveric
02-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Thanks Chuggalugg. Much better.

First off, you're not supposed to regrade and upgrade the gear they provide you for the testing. If you do that you are ABOVE the level at which they want it tested at. Saying that "they don't provide the level of gear needed" you then report to them that the level they want it at is above what it is currently. Then they can rebalance it for the stage that they want it at for what gear types.

The game isn't meant for you to just faceroll everything and win. Things are supposed to be somewhat challenging at level they are supposed to be tested in. Trying to over gear the instance to win with ease.

Games I have played have always wiped the PTR at every single testing phase. This phase ends, closed and wiped. New phase opens make new characters. All items you need are then in that characters mailbox.

Flidaisy
02-09-2015, 05:19 PM
All items you need are then in that characters mailbox.

Hmm, I somehow missed seeing that completed house in my mailbox. You know, the one that was required to test that new house item, the "White Romance Table," that could only be placed IN A COMPLETED HOUSE ... (according to the wording on the item - which apparently was a bug).
But, hey, they give us everything we need to test all this cash shop crap they're pumping out almost weekly. Including credits. So wth am I complaining, anyway? Whine, whine, whine. Q, Q, Q.

Saveric
02-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Hmm, I somehow missed seeing that completed house in my mailbox. You know, the one that was required to test that new house item, the "White Romance Table," that could only be placed IN A COMPLETED HOUSE ... (according to the wording on the item - which apparently was a bug).
But, hey, they give us everything we need to test all this cash shop crap they're pumping out almost weekly. Including credits. So wth am I complaining, anyway? Whine, whine, whine. Q, Q, Q.

Gotta love quotes in paragraphs not talking about this game line in reply to the person saying that most ptrs don't wipe where I was talking about other ptrs and you taking it that way for this game. But also they do give you enough stuff to do a complete house in the servers here with the "level me up fluffy" they give you massive amounts of labor, a ton of gilda stars. It only takes 3 Resource Packs to make a house. That's pretty easy to do, takes no time at all.

White Romance Table works fine for me. And all decoration always says that on the first line. Then you get to go read the second line about where it can actually be placed and not just the description.
IE:
White Romance Table
Placement: house floor and yard

Don't think that's true that all of them say for the top line as a descriptive item "place in a completed house" before the actual placement of where it can go for usage terms. Go to Auction House -> Crafting -> Indoor Decor. Look at every single item there. Even fences say "Place in a completed house" and then beneath that say "Placement: yard" as that's where they actually go as that's the usage defined. Not the description.

Desie
02-10-2015, 06:37 AM
Yeah sorry about the wall of text in previous post i was tired and ty for fixing it LOL.

Anyway hope to see everyone soon and really hope Fluffy is truely leveled up hehe. I will admit it will be nice to see how they have fixed him to be more focused on the rolls (ie healer, dps, etc).

Here is to keeping fingers crossed and see ya all next round.

BTW the previous post is now fixed, well I think so its easier to read, sorry for the wall of text I was tired. Take care everyone