PDA

View Full Version : Can we get the 2 unbuilt property limit BEFORE the diamond shore land rush?

Shalille
02-10-2015, 01:33 PM
It was mentioned on the latest livestream, about implementing a limit of 2 unbuilt property at a time.

###

Any chance this could be done before the diamond shore land is opened up in a months time.

Because otherwise the diamond shore rush could end up with just a few guys at the front of the race dropping unbuilt houses everywhere. Especially as there is only one closest entry point to the housing area, so whoever gets there first, can remain in front all the way along the entire housing area and claim the entire area within 1-2 minutes.

TranceFox
02-10-2015, 01:40 PM
yes, 10000000x yes please!!! Trion, do this to save the community seriously, if you don't then yeah...

Asteix
02-10-2015, 01:41 PM
supported

/10char

Kurve
02-10-2015, 02:01 PM
pls

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Khaler
02-10-2015, 02:03 PM
This is an excellent idea!

guelle2410
02-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Theres actually gonna be any rush at all? Whats so good about having land over there? What makes it different from having land on the other zones besides the increased taxes and merchants relatively "close"? Still a contested zone, theres gonna be so much griefing over construction mats the first days, no trade packs, no gold or resource trader, dont even know if theres gonna be a fishing stand, and 3 freaking hereafter stones everytime you wanna go there to tend your farm.

talizzar
02-10-2015, 02:17 PM
You understand this is going to be another pvp zone. I don't know anyone that plans to move to DS. Why?

Darkmask
02-10-2015, 02:29 PM
It should be restricted with 1 unbuilt land or have cooldown of 7days, and must be lv30+..

LilMcGinley
02-10-2015, 02:41 PM
There are people on Ollo who can't GIVE land away, land rushing and land hacking is done. The tax cost just isn't worth it.

Waldo
02-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Why not make it one unbuilt plot? Land grabbers don't mind to make an account for every plot the grab.

Budika
02-10-2015, 03:12 PM
There are people on Ollo who can't GIVE land away, land rushing and land hacking is done. The tax cost just isn't worth it.

Auroria doesnt count. Land hacking is alive and well in prime locations

LilMcGinley
02-10-2015, 03:18 PM

Not in Auroria. There are open plots everywhere in PvP zones, ran across a plot (16x16) that was open for 5 hours the other week.

xeriki
02-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Please trionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Amused Observer
02-10-2015, 06:50 PM
From personal experience, there is plenty of aurorian land available on Enla server. I don't know if the diamond shore lands are particular better compared to the other Aurorian lands (aside from the lack of a 50% tax penalty). I could see someone wanting a house as an easy port perhaps (although I assume there will be portal for this zone anyway).

Zira
02-10-2015, 07:01 PM
I heard that Diamond Shores was going to be a Peace zone all the time...

Amused Observer
02-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Read the article and tell me that. :P

Chuck Zitto
02-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Diamond shores will be a contested pvp zone. Pretty much just another bland auroria zone. Only real difference is there is no castle there so the taxes will be normal. No real reason to live there though as there is no gold trader or pack making stand etc...

Empyreus
02-10-2015, 10:44 PM

I got a 24x24 pretty easily yesterday in White arden... place was just sitting there burnin. Roasted some marshmallows, went to mirage to grab a design and still had time to craft tax certs on spot and place.

Gypsycurse
02-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Depends on your server but more and more people are quitting every day. Dont worry though, Trino has a new RNG Gamble box for us! Dolphins for the Whales! Which makes sense they are both sea life.

BlackSheep1121
02-11-2015, 12:04 AM
Remember that DS is triple climate, so everything will grow there at optimal rate. It was some of the most popular and valuable land for Farmvillers in Alpha.

Morrigan
02-11-2015, 02:57 AM
Remember that DS is triple climate, so everything will grow there at optimal rate. It was some of the most popular and valuable land for Farmvillers in Alpha.

shhh don't tell them!

@ OP great idea- a no brainer actually

Ernost
02-11-2015, 04:26 AM

Are you trolling? I'm on Ollo and I've been searching for a spot to put my 16x16 for more than a week now. I've checked the PVE zones as well as the PVP zones, hell I've even checked the secret birdhouse spots that I know of and some of the islands. The only place I've not been to yet is Auroria.

Fargrist
02-11-2015, 06:24 AM
It was mentioned on the latest livestream, about implementing a limit of 2 unbuilt property at a time.

###

Any chance this could be done before the diamond shore land is opened up in a months time.

Because otherwise the diamond shore rush could end up with just a few guys at the front of the race dropping unbuilt houses everywhere. Especially as there is only one closest entry point to the housing area, so whoever gets there first, can remain in front all the way along the entire housing area and claim the entire area within 1-2 minutes.

The sooner the bag limit on unbuilt houses is enforced the better off ArcheAge will be.

Diamond Shores looks like it will be as popular as Auroria, because of the PvP zoning, the hereafter stones and the not-much-to-do factor.

Veerdin
02-11-2015, 06:32 AM
Supported here, too. We don't need 90% of the space being hogged by land barons again.

Don't make the same mistake as before.

Baztard
02-11-2015, 06:33 AM
You flat out should not be able to keep land unused. If the land is purchased and then ignored (no planting, no building, no anything) and only taxes are paid...it should get put back into the market and the purchaser should have a time penalty before they can purchase more land.

SirenAmber
02-11-2015, 06:35 AM

Well not just that, DS has every climate except temperate. It means people with don't need a tropical+arid or a tropical+subarctic for their multiple climate need(like...breed both yata and bears). Plus, even you don't need any climate specifically, DS land can still be used as TS farm since cedar and pine are both nonnative there.

Traciatim
02-11-2015, 07:25 AM
You flat out should not be able to keep land unused. If the land is purchased and then ignored (no planting, no building, no anything) and only taxes are paid...it should get put back into the market and the purchaser should have a time penalty before they can purchase more land.

If people are paying their taxes obviously they want their property. What's the difference between putting one rice plant in the corner and letting it wilt every week than what we have now?

0n0w1c
02-11-2015, 07:54 AM
The un-built property restriction will do very little to curb the land barons/hackers/traders.
The cost of building a small house is nothing... 3 packs, big deal. The largest impact will likely be the increased price of stone and lumber.

Traciatim
02-11-2015, 08:55 AM
The un-built property restriction will do very little to curb the land barons/hackers/traders.
The cost of building a small house is nothing... 3 packs, big deal. The largest impact will likely be the increased price of stone and lumber.

. . . and then Apex, since most of the people mining the stone are the people who are playing in multiple regions to get 'free' Apex.

LilMcGinley
02-11-2015, 09:27 AM
Are you trolling? I'm on Ollo and I've been searching for a spot to put my 16x16 for more than a week now. I've checked the PVE zones as well as the PVP zones, hell I've even checked the secret birdhouse spots that I know of and some of the islands. The only place I've not been to yet is Auroria.

Nope. I literally knew a house was blowing up, walked over to it 5 hours later when I got home from work and the 16x16 space was still available. Last week, I went to check my farm for thunderstruck and the house next to it was on fire, not a single soul around to contest me taking it.

Musei
02-11-2015, 09:52 AM
This change is terrible btw.. What about people using temp constructions in order to place something larger? Now we have to waste the materials to build everything first only to then tear it back down to place the larger building.

Baztard
02-11-2015, 09:57 AM
If people are paying their taxes obviously they want their property. What's the difference between putting one rice plant in the corner and letting it wilt every week than what we have now?

You show me a person who buys land for the sole purpose of paying taxes on it and nothing else and I will show you a landgrabber botting the purchases of land to sell for gold. It takes little to no effort to visit your land and do something with it otherwise why have it? you need a labor sink and taxes are your means of doing so? There are 5 plots around me that are unfinished. I have not seen any of the owners online or near their plots. 3 have changed hands recently due to ban wave, but remain in the same condition.

Traciatim
02-11-2015, 09:57 AM
This change is terrible btw.. What about people using temp constructions in order to place something larger? Now we have to waste the materials to build everything first only to then tear it back down to place the larger building.

Time to start stocking up on farm designs so that it's just 1 lumber pack each instead of cottages. Get running quests on those alts now.

Traciatim
02-11-2015, 09:59 AM
You show me a person who buys land for the sole purpose of paying taxes on it and nothing else and I will show you a landgrabber botting the purchases of land to sell for gold. It takes little to no effort to visit your land and do something with it otherwise why have it? you need a labor sink and taxes are your means of doing so? There are 5 plots around me that are unfinished. I have not seen any of the owners online or near their plots. 3 have changed hands recently due to ban wave, but remain in the same condition.

I'm currently holding one property and watching another time run down just to hold for future use... I've only ever sold a couple of properties to other people while I was moving zones. Just because it's unbuilt doesn't mean it might be of strategic value in the future. Just because you don't plan more than a minute out doesn't mean other people don't.

Musei
02-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Time to start stocking up on farm designs so that it's just 1 lumber pack each instead of cottages. Get running quests on those alts now.

You can't always use 16s though. Gazebos take a 24 space, that's a 16 plus 8x8s around 2 sides. You'd need to get extra land this way and that's not always possible. I can't imagine my guild building their mansion with this system either, thankfully we already placed it before this crap. The answer is to fix the game and stop the land hackers, instead we get more systems that will hurt legit players and hackers who already have tens of thousands of gold only need to spend a little to build their properties and keep on hacking.

Ilyanna
02-11-2015, 10:10 AM
I'm just LOLing at all this "too little too late" that Trion is implementing.

You know, if they had done this ♥♥♥♥ a couple months after release, there would be WAY WAY more people still playing this game.

gg guys

Traciatim
02-11-2015, 10:14 AM
You can't always use 16s though. Gazebos take a 24 space, that's a 16 plus 8x8s around 2 sides. You'd need to get extra land this way and that's not always possible. I can't imagine my guild building their mansion with this system either, thankfully we already placed it before this crap. The answer is to fix the game and stop the land hackers, instead we get more systems that will hurt legit players and hackers who already have tens of thousands of gold only need to spend a little to build their properties and keep on hacking.

So, maybe have your gazebo ready since it also only takes one lumber to build... you can buy them from other people and you know the patch is coming a month in advance, it's not like you don't have time to plan this all out.

Musei
02-11-2015, 10:25 AM
So, maybe have your gazebo ready since it also only takes one lumber to build... you can buy them from other people and you know the patch is coming a month in advance, it's not like you don't have time to plan this all out.

You're completely missing the point. I'm saying that after this patch goes in people that haven't placed these yet get screwed. To get a plot for a gazebo you'd then need to place AND build a 16 plus 5 8x8s. I'm not talking about placing my gazebo, I already have 2 and am done. I'm talking about people who are still trying to acquire the land for one.

Just like the delay in clicking to place a plot this change does absolutely nothing to fix the problem of land hackers. They'll keep using their land grab programs like they have been but now they'll be asking more and more gold for their plots because they're going to have to spend some of their gains on materials to build them to keep hacking. Everyone but the hackers lose with this change.

Traciatim
02-11-2015, 10:38 AM
You're completely missing the point. I'm saying that after this patch goes in people that haven't placed these yet get screwed. To get a plot for a gazebo you'd then need to place AND build a 16 plus 5 8x8s. I'm not talking about placing my gazebo, I already have 2 and am done. I'm talking about people who are still trying to acquire the land for one.

No, you don't. You need to have a gazebo design ready, which you currently have about a month to do. Even if you didn't you could place down two thatched and pick one up later to place your gazebo when it's ready. You can buy two thatched plans really cheap. They are planning on limiting it to two unbuilt properties, and if the auroria launch showed us anything it's that you will only have time to place one or two anyway. So even if you are too lazy to prepare and have your gazebo ready to place then you can place 2 thatched down still until you can flip them over to the gazebo later.

Since you have a month you can probably have quite a few gazebo plans by the end of the month if you try hard enough, or just pay real money you could have them in 15 minutes.

Musei
02-11-2015, 10:47 AM
Again you're not getting it. What if you don't have the 24 plot to begin with? You seem to be going on the assumption that 24 plots are plentiful and widely available. You're going to have the SAME problem placing that thatched. You still need the space of a 16 plus 5 8x8s.

For one of my gazebos I had to buy out a bunch of people with 8x8s. Yes, I put a 16 there when I had space for it, but I still needed to have the 5 8x8s along the edge of 2 sides to get room for the gazebo. With the new system I would have had to build all of those in order to place more as I bought people out. You obviously have never had to put together a 24 space from scratch like this.

Traciatim
02-11-2015, 10:52 AM
Again you're not getting it. What if you don't have the 24 plot to begin with? You seem to be going on the assumption that 24 plots are plentiful and widely available. You're going to have the SAME problem placing that thatched. You still need the space of a 16 plus 5 8x8s.

For one of my gazebos I had to buy out a bunch of people with 8x8s. Yes, I put a 16 there when I had space for it, but I still needed to have the 5 8x8s along the edge of 2 sides to get room for the gazebo. With the new system I would have had to build all of those in order to place more as I bought people out. You obviously have never had to put together a 24 space from scratch like this.

The whole thread is about opening the new area which has a housing zone... since it's new you will have to be ready with your plans and be there on the opening moments to place your plans. There will be a huge amount of open space, you just have to be ready and willing to take it.

Also, as more space opens and populations fall there is space opening all over the servers anyway. On my own server you could put a mansion and 4 gazebos around the areas where my housing is. People who don't have land at this point just aren't trying.

Ilyanna
02-11-2015, 10:57 AM
It only takes 3 8x8s and your 16 to tie up a 24.
Should be no problem to leave your 16 unbuilt and build your 8x8s to save the spot.
That still leaves you one unbuilt you can sit on.

Musei
02-11-2015, 10:59 AM
It only takes 3 8x8s and your 16 to tie up a 24.
Should be no problem to leave your 16 unbuilt and build your 8x8s to save the spot.
That still leaves you one unbuilt you can sit on.

But doing it that way leaves you open to a neighbor moving something and screwing you over. Which recently happened to a guildie, someone shifted their 16 up against hers and placed a gazebo on the other side. She was left with a 24x20 space.

Musei
02-11-2015, 11:01 AM
The whole thread is about opening the new area which has a housing zone... since it's new you will have to be ready with your plans and be there on the opening moments to place your plans. There will be a huge amount of open space, you just have to be ready and willing to take it.

Also, as more space opens and populations fall there is space opening all over the servers anyway. On my own server you could put a mansion and 4 gazebos around the areas where my housing is. People who don't have land at this point just aren't trying.

I get that. My comment originally was that the 2 unbuilt property limit is a terrible change and I wouldn't be in such a rush to get it implemented. And just because you're on a low pop server with land available don't assume that those of us on ones with higher populations have the same luxury.

Traciatim
02-11-2015, 11:09 AM
I get that. My comment originally was that the 2 unbuilt property limit is a terrible change and I wouldn't be in such a rush to get it implemented. And just because you're on a low pop server with land available don't assume that those of us on ones with higher populations have the same luxury.

Every server is a low pop server these days. There is property going up in flames all the time. There is now going to be a huge area of new housing that people can place properties down on. That means some people from the main land will be shuffling properties giving lots of opportunity to buy plots if you want them. The two housing limit is to stop someone with a script from placing down 10+ properties in the new area. If you want a gazebo in the new area then be ready with a gazebo when it opens.

Again, anyone who doesn't have land isn't trying hard enough.

Evilsix
02-11-2015, 11:25 AM

###

I fully support this, but won't hold my breath that it'll happen.

Musei
02-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Every server is a low pop server these days. There is property going up in flames all the time. There is now going to be a huge area of new housing that people can place properties down on. That means some people from the main land will be shuffling properties giving lots of opportunity to buy plots if you want them. The two housing limit is to stop someone with a script from placing down 10+ properties in the new area. If you want a gazebo in the new area then be ready with a gazebo when it opens.

Again, anyone who doesn't have land isn't trying hard enough.

Not on Naima, land is still at a premium and especially on West where we have 1 land hacker who gets at least 90% of demos.

Also, you're making the same exact argument people made on the Auroria launch. That didn't free up lots of main continent land like people thought, I have no reason to think this is going to be any different.

Traciatim
02-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Not on Naima, land is still at a premium and especially on West where we have 1 land hacker who gets at least 90% of demos.

Also, you're making the same exact argument people made on the Auroria launch. That didn't free up lots of main continent land like people thought, I have no reason to think this is going to be any different.

I moved both my property hubs at that time to where people were moving/leaving the game due to the Auroria fisco. So I don't know what to tell you, but maybe you weren't looking, but it happened.

At any rate, it doesn't change the fact that getting this change in prior to the DS launch would be great for lots of people. You sound like you are just defending script based land hoarding.

deadq
02-11-2015, 01:01 PM

Not sure which Ollo you're talking about. NA Ollo non-pvp zones have Land Hacking and Land Macro guys at every demo.

LilMcGinley
02-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Not sure which Ollo you're talking about. NA Ollo non-pvp zones have Land Hacking and Land Macro guys at every demo.

Oh, there's 2? Didn't know that..

Shalille
02-12-2015, 11:44 AM
The fact that its a pvp zone will help deter the low lvl alt land grab hackers. But that will only apply when theres demolitions later.

In the short term this land is going to be in large demand for several reasons. And it will all be taken within 2 minutes of the server going live with the patch. Players will teleport to the new area, glide to the beach, and run up along the housing area placing unbuilt properties to grab as much as they can.

###

UPDATE:

In tonight's livestream it was confirmed that this will actually be in place for diamond shores, and they are even considering a temporary limit of just 1 property instead of 2 for the diamond shores rush.