PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of Ayanad Spotlight: Diamond Shores

Scapes
02-10-2015, 06:00 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/02/DiamondShores_blog_810x300.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/02/10/secrets-of-ayanad-spotlight-diamond-shores)

Diamond Shores is a new mid-sized zone located in west-central Auroria. Its southern coastline provides access to the Aurorian Gulf and Arcadian Sea. The zone is a unique landscape and is slightly smaller in size than the other six Aurorian territories. A large portion of the region has been swallowed by the sea.

The western steppes of Diamond Shores are a perfect spot for travelers to establish a new place of residence. Land here is some of the most valuable in the north because no local lord rules over it. This means the tax rates for player houses in Diamond Shores are influenced only by the amount of plots a player owns.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/02/10/secrets-of-ayanad-spotlight-diamond-shores)

Jin
02-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Now, it does make a lot of sense on why Diamond Shores is going to be a PvP zone. A lot of people would favor Diamond Shores for fish turn-ins if it were to be safe. By people, I assume pirates and those living on Auroria.

Khaop
02-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Woop woop!

RadiantShocker
02-10-2015, 06:23 PM
I do wonder if Obsidian Instruments is unlocked.

Baker
02-10-2015, 06:27 PM
With the increase in level for some of the mobs in Auroria. Will the drop rate for the haunted chests be increased?

Cinnakid
02-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Will the droprate of obsidian crafting mats be the same as it was in Alpha and is currently in Korea?

maiyah
02-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Seed merchants!! Yay!

Scapes
02-10-2015, 06:34 PM
I do wonder if Obsidian Instruments is unlocked.

All first obsidian weapons are available in Secrets of Ayanad, including the lute and flute.

iggy1212
02-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Will there be honor gains in Diamond Shores (please say yes)?

imnotyoda
02-10-2015, 06:43 PM
when is this dropping?

AsheRayne
02-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Is there an estimated release date or will it be short notice on release?

aonbyte
02-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Is there an estimated release date or will it be short notice on release?

They said on the livestream a few weeks from now.

imnotyoda
02-10-2015, 06:51 PM
release date is how it got it's name 'secrets'.

Phudeus
02-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Can we have a list of the weapons that will be released?

Freelancer
02-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Will Auroria fellowship packs be activated for this, or soon?

Daucus
02-10-2015, 09:01 PM
All first obsidian weapons are available in Secrets of Ayanad, including the lute and flute.
Does this mean we're only getting the first tiers of obsidian weapons in this content patch?

Nebisan
02-10-2015, 09:03 PM
When I first saw the logo on the header of this article, I immediately started craving Blue Diamond Almonds. Just me? xD

card3al
02-10-2015, 09:06 PM
So, will you guys fix the droprate of Obsidian mats, Auroria Cloaks and etc . . ? Or will we take a life to get it, considering that we need to get salvaged weapons ?

Moochie
02-10-2015, 11:01 PM
Please let us know before hand so we can pay all our taxes for the 4 days the server will be offline, ty.

Clodine
02-11-2015, 12:12 AM
it would be great if every area in auroria would be a pvp area where you can gain honor. or atleast make it war there every 1-2 hours? there would be more action i guess. i know many people who feel like that pvp is useless on auroria cause they dont get any honor.

Or maybe make all Auroria like Halcyona: about 3hours peace and then war.

RedQuiver
02-11-2015, 12:19 AM
it would be great if every area in auroria would be a pvp area where you can gain honor. or atleast make it war there every 1-2 hours? there would be more action i guess. i know many people who feel like that pvp is useless on auroria cause they dont get any honor.

Or maybe make it a zone that flips between conflict, war, and peace? <3

Aeowin
02-11-2015, 12:23 AM
Does this mean we're only getting the first tiers of obsidian weapons in this content patch?

Dear god someone answer this man. I swear Trion, if you ♥♥♥♥ this patch up....

Yed
02-11-2015, 03:36 AM
Will the zone be neutral, or in war so we can actually gain honor there?

blz
02-11-2015, 04:34 AM
"The goal of this change is to ensure that Diamond Shores falls in line with the other Aurorian zones and that open-world PvP is encouraged and supported."

aslong as its pointless pvp, meaning no honor is given for player kills, noone will give a ♥♥♥♥. or they will for about an hour then get bored.

Draxoth
02-11-2015, 04:35 AM
Save your stories. We know that. Tell us release date or patch notes, that's what all are waiting for. Or fix one of milion existing bugs ^.^

Erdrick AierServer
02-11-2015, 05:28 AM
About time for us pirates to do something!

Aldween
02-11-2015, 06:18 AM
"The goal of this change is to ensure that Diamond Shores falls in line with the other Aurorian zones and that open-world PvP is encouraged and supported."

aslong as its pointless pvp, meaning no honor is given for player kills, noone will give a ♥♥♥♥. or they will for about an hour then get bored.

Everyone will be busy in library anw.

RadiantShocker
02-11-2015, 06:46 AM
@Scapes Tysm for answering my question :3

RadiantShocker
02-11-2015, 06:47 AM
Will Auroria fellowship packs be activated for this, or soon?

Can we get someone to answer this question?

Mortia
02-11-2015, 06:59 AM

The first tier of Obsidian weapons are garbage (below T3 Hasla) so i certainly hope that it is not just those.

Erdrick AierServer
02-11-2015, 07:08 AM
SCAPES. Do the PvPers on this server... And confirm if there will be fish stand on pirate island (Growlgate) For us pirates? -.-

WhiteKryss
02-11-2015, 07:09 AM

This is quite important to understand... I hope you will not be releasing 1 tier at a time like Hasla, cause it would be stupid and useless (t1 obsidians are way less powerful than existing weapons).
Let the playerbase know if we have to wait for the patch gladly or with delusion ^^

Teragaia
02-11-2015, 07:30 AM
Will there be a way of obtaining divine keys when Ayanad hits? Will the Nui's Chosen armor sets be obtainable?

Kurve
02-11-2015, 07:55 AM

No
Nonononononono
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOoOOoOO

No.

Scapes pls.

First tier is garbage, obsidian gear is NOT beginner gear, it is something you actually have to work to get (see salvaged weapons)

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do not gate these off, a LOT of people have been preparing to make the weapons and only releasing first tier is a grade A kick in the balls to us.

MagnumMack
02-11-2015, 08:10 AM
They're probably not releasing all the tiers flat out because they wanna make sure they don't ♥♥♥♥ it up. Or perhaps they are weighing the options of having to use salvaged weapons against another option.

I think the bigger question is can we pay our taxes in advance so we won't lose land when this update crashes all the servers due to <unforeseen technical circumstance> and we risk our land? That would be a great help. Sorry, but I haven't exactly built my faith up too high lately.

Sure, you've done better about gold sellers. I don't see as much spam or get any goldseller mail anymore. But that should have been easy and quick. Almost every patch aside from Dahuta's Sea of Drowned Love was a hot mess. I think some people want a little security knowing that sparks won't be flying from the servers under the wait of afkers in Ayanad.

IMMORTAL
02-11-2015, 08:11 AM
No
Nonononononono
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOoOOoOO

No.

Scapes pls.

First tier is garbage, obsidian gear is NOT beginner gear, it is something you actually have to work to get (see salvaged weapons)

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do not gate these off, a LOT of people have been preparing to make the weapons and only releasing first tier is a grade A kick in the balls to us.

This^! Are you really saying I have done "all work for nothing". I have allrdy weapons to make the second best obsidian. But now I need to wait more? Thats not fun... and this is really true "First tier is garbage, obsidian gear is NOT beginner gear, it is something you actually have to work to get (see salvaged weapons)". I think they dont wanna that others ppls have good weapons and they are scared that beginners gonna quit this game bcuz that..

LiB
02-11-2015, 08:44 AM
Scapes or Staff.... Can we please get a yes or no regarding....

Will the Auroria fellowship packs be enabled in this patch ?

If not... do you have any idea of when they will be.
Introduce trade to Auroria and pvp will occur there naturally.

plasma
02-11-2015, 09:20 AM

@ scapes : what do you mean by FIRST ? do you imply only T1 will be available on release ? or do you mean the first obsidian VERSION (i know there is suppposed to be 2 version for the obsidian bow, 1 being agi based with critical ranged % and 1 being stam based with + mana)

Mortia
02-11-2015, 09:26 AM
@ scapes : what do you mean by FIRST ? do you imply only T1 will be available on release ? or do you mean the first obsidian VERSION (i know there is suppposed to be 2 version for the obsidian bow, 1 being agi based with critical ranged % and 1 being stam based with + mana)

The hellkissed bow with agility is a drop from a mob dropped loot box (as are all the hellkissed weapons) rather than a crafted item.

It's possible that at first we will get the first 3 tiers of obsidian weapons with the further 3 coming at a later date i guess.... maybe i could understand that but just the first ones would be a terrible move on Trions part.

plasma
02-11-2015, 09:29 AM
The hellkissed bow with agility is a drop from a mob dropped loot box (as are all the hellkissed weapons) rather than a crafted item.

i am not talking about that bow. The one i am talking about is currently being translated from the russian website and will be added shortly to the NA database.

here : http://archeagedatabase.net/ru/item/35568/

Pwnocchio
02-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Count me as the 4th person in this thread wondering if the Auroria Fellowship Trade Packs will be happening with this update.

Sayura
02-11-2015, 10:22 AM
Will there be a portal to Library in main cities?

Ej the maverick
02-11-2015, 10:24 AM
I hope the Obsidian weapons can only be crafted by players with the experience to do so, this game sucks with drops from Hasla and GHA being far to good, it makes crafting pointless. Players selling Illustrious armor for 100g a piece is mind numbingly stupid, as it costs several Xs that to craft it, and weapons fair little better until Epherium level. I have 70k metalwork profficiency yet only managed to make 3 Epherium pieces and no Delphinad. Perhaps Trion should tweak the crafting to help players level up rather than drops. Let the drops be more financially based instead of slapping crafters in the face!

Pwnocchio
02-11-2015, 10:36 AM
I hope the Obsidian weapons can only be crafted by players with the experience to do so, this game sucks with drops from Hasla and GHA being far to good, it makes crafting pointless. Players selling Illustrious armor for 100g a piece is mind numbingly stupid, as it costs several Xs that to craft it, and weapons fair little better until Epherium level. I have 70k metalwork profficiency yet only managed to make 3 Epherium pieces and no Delphinad. Perhaps Trion should tweak the crafting to help players level up rather than drops. Let the drops be more financially based instead of slapping crafters in the face!

It's pretty sad that the best way for me to get an Illustrious Dagger is often to buy 3 off-brand Illustrious daggers, salvage them, and then use my unskilled machining skill to forge the 3 salvage balls into the Illustrious Mountain Dagger I want.

This games weapon crafting is just terribly designed. They've made so many compounding bad design choices... Hasla being one of them.

I agree it would be very nice if the Obsidian gear required both crafted gear and crafting proficiency to make. It would be a huge kickstart for those vocations.

Musei
02-11-2015, 10:42 AM
I agree it would be very nice if the Obsidian gear required both crafted gear and crafting proficiency to make. It would be a huge kickstart for those vocations.

Obsidian weapons do require crafted gear. Each tier of it requires a certain number of salvaged crafted ones to make.
Materials listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VCDMqoVB5XoUahJ4vbBpOHjruI5UBHg_ZRpcBhRoSfI/htmlview?usp=docslist_api&sle=true

Heiland
02-11-2015, 11:04 AM
I'm really looking forward to SOA! I'm also crossing my fingers that the team at Trion will make good on a majority of their promises from the live streams with this update. Specifically, archeum drop rates, as this expansion is going to really put a strain on the already low drop rates of archeum.

#submarineglider2015

Rodante
02-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Dear Community Manager:)

Will the 1.7 patch remove the 12h cooldown from Labor potions? Just as an example russian and korean archeage both had cooldown on labor potion at early stages, then it got removed later on(not sure in wich patch). Can we expect this to happen here on EU/NA?

Kind Regards

UserName6
02-11-2015, 11:20 AM
I'll throw my vote into answering the question of what tier of obsidian weapons we will be getting. We might not need tier 6 at launch but at least get us to tier 4 or 5.

Demonloan
02-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Just another power grab and hold spot for the biggest guilds and most powerful players....and of course....wallet warrior heaven.....

Make the Library itself a safe zone, that way the smaller guilds/less powerful players only have to get past the campers.....of course, limiting the time spent in the library per day would have to be implemented as well lol.

TheOuroborus
02-11-2015, 01:35 PM
Just another open pvp zone that'll be populated by Pay2Win gank-wads. No thanks.

TheOuroborus
02-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Worst promo art ever for an mmo expansion.

http://cdn.iowagirleats.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Blue-Diamond-Almonds-logo.jpg

Kiroshi
02-11-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm starting to think that nobody in Trion played ArcheAge and liking it.

xonar
02-11-2015, 02:25 PM
AY lmfao give us a date. pls

OranDoge
02-11-2015, 02:47 PM
I really hope they release all of the tiers for obsidian weapons. Otherwise there would be no point of this update. Getting the first tier obsidian weapon would only take less than an hour. Please stop the attempt of making this a carebear friendly game. It leaves hardcore players in the dust.

XxThatWhitexX
02-11-2015, 03:04 PM
.. all I want them to do is just convert korean version into English and stop Changing ♥♥♥♥

Elu
02-11-2015, 03:29 PM
.. all I want them to do is just convert korean version into English and stop Changing ♥♥♥♥

That's what everyone but Trion wants it seems.

Elendriss
02-11-2015, 03:56 PM
I may have missed it somewhere....but has a date been given for this update?

XxThatWhitexX
02-11-2015, 04:55 PM
The world may never know

RadiantShocker
02-11-2015, 05:12 PM
@Scapes, @Khrolan : May we get a confirmation on that T1-T6 is available or will only T1 be available? Obsidian Wise

Pwnocchio
02-11-2015, 05:20 PM
I really hope they release all of the tiers for obsidian weapons. Otherwise there would be no point of this update. Getting the first tier obsidian weapon would only take less than an hour. Please stop the attempt of making this a carebear friendly game. It leaves hardcore players in the dust.

Mate, there is no hardcore PvP in this game. It's not designed that way.

Pwnocchio
02-11-2015, 05:21 PM

March. Not clear if it's beginning, middle or end.

Phyton
02-11-2015, 05:55 PM

if only the first convey the added weapons, I'm another one who will stop playing that poorly run game

Severaz81
02-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Even if they made it honor gain there theres nothing good with honor to get so whats the point agian..

Fiks
02-11-2015, 06:22 PM
yea 1 tier its nothing .... i think i will also leave archeage with this usseles update... cmon trion just do normal update with all grade and faster to keep players here:(( march is to long..........................................

Scapes
02-11-2015, 06:33 PM
@Scapes, @Khrolan : May we get a confirmation on that T1-T6 is available or will only T1 be available? Obsidian Wise

Secrets of Ayanad will include the first crafted progression chain of obsidian weapons (tiers one through six).

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?163097-SCAPES-Please-answer-regarding-1st-Tier-Obs-weapons&p=1487046&viewfull=1#post1487046

Scapes
02-11-2015, 06:33 PM

We're aiming to have it on PTS this month and live shortly afterwards.

RadiantShocker
02-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Secrets of Ayanad will include the first crafted progression chain of obsidian weapons (tiers one through six).

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?163097-SCAPES-Please-answer-regarding-1st-Tier-Obs-weapons&p=1487046&viewfull=1#post1487046

Ty Scapes and Khrolan via link you provided.

sauna
02-12-2015, 01:25 AM
Will there be honor in PVP in Diamond Shores or will you ♥♥♥♥ Open World PVP over like you did with Auroria?

plasma
02-12-2015, 08:50 AM

@ Scapes : Hello monsieur scapes, are you planning to put the stam bow or the agi bow first ?

Stam :http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/34700/ this bow is 100% stam, gives grade dependent + mana
Agi : http://archeagedatabase.net/ru/item/35568/ for ppl without google translate, this bow is 100% agi, gives grade dependend +% crit range damage and a fixed + 5 meter to concusive shot aoe damage

** Could i suggest you start with the agi based one since the stam one is aimed for non archers ? **

nerroh
02-12-2015, 09:35 AM
any news on archeum drop rate fix or if Archeum trees gives better drops making it worth the labor

Voluntaris
02-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Will there be honor in PVP in Diamond Shores or will you ♥♥♥♥ Open World PVP over like you did with Auroria?

Why would they engage in intimate relations with "Open World PVP"? I also have not seen any examples of the intimate relations with Auroria that you speak of.

Mith
02-12-2015, 11:22 AM
I have been playing since launch, with a small group of friends (+-5 people)
we play almost every day for a few hours.

We got ourselves some nice houses etc, and are happy with that and the game.

Our goal was to go out and do more pvp. but alas, we cant. we always feel under geared against most players we encounter.

we have GHA gear, and the tier 3 part of the hasla weapon. and still feel, that with having 11500 to 12000 HP compared to some guys taking us on, that have 20K hp and 2 shotting us.

with all this we are reading, i see alot of guys talking about things i never heared of, and still wonder.. "what on earth are they talking about".

so, we are kind of worried. are we now going to be 1 shotted instead of 2 shotted in the next month? because if its going to be like this. this is not pvp. this is then again, not the game, that in a way "eavens the odds" but just makes the gap bigger.

In fact we do like this game. but we never have gotten the feeling we got to the point of being PVP-Ready and are in every aspect forced to "GET OURSELVES" pvp-ready" as fast as possible. but its just impossible.

well, to end.. we are just concerned...

getting one-shot.. is just .... simply... not fun at all...

heavy
02-12-2015, 12:02 PM

Our goal was to go out and do more pvp. but alas, we cant. we always feel under geared against most players we encounter.

we have GHA gear, and the tier 3 part of the hasla weapon. and still feel, that with having 11500 to 12000 HP compared to some guys taking us on, that have 20K hp and 2 shotting us.

with all this we are reading, i see alot of guys talking about things i never heared of, and still wonder.. "what on earth are they talking about".

so, we are kind of worried. are we now going to be 1 shotted instead of 2 shotted in the next month? because if its going to be like this. this is not pvp. this is then again, not the game, that in a way "eavens the odds" but just makes the gap bigger.

In fact we do like this game. but we never have gotten the feeling we got to the point of being PVP-Ready and are in every aspect forced to "GET OURSELVES" pvp-ready" as fast as possible. but its just impossible.

GHA is the lowest grade armor at level 50. It is around illustrious grade. If You don't have gold to buy epherium unique go get it from serpentis dungeon. If You can't then try to get drops in library after patch - it will drop almost delphi grade armor sets. Also socket it with toughness, resilience, and other gems to up Your stats. Some people in the game run around with delph weapons and high tier armor - if You have gha cloth armor with 10% def then archer with good weapon will 2 shot You. Use potion that gives def +2400 to get it higher. If You are plate get some magic def potion since You have 0% magic def on plate sets. Mages will kill You very easy. Same with Your attack if You are mage go after plate enemy and so on.

Xplode
02-12-2015, 12:03 PM

No offense man. If you don't know what these things are, and have been playing with launch, you deserve to be fked up. You land up in category, which i call farmville players.

That apart, yes it is really a big gap between players at the moment. Due to 3 big Apex exploits, and lots of gold bought from gold traders, many people have ended up with max possible gear endgame. Very less people have obtained it legally, or without cash.

Also, one of the reason, this game is ♥♥♥♥ in pvp is because, armors are not able to cope up with the weapons.

Look at it this way, whats freely available gear in game currently? Its GHA = Illustrious~Magni gear (Most people still don't/can't do serpantis).
Whats freely available weapon in game currently? Its Hasla T3 = Epherium weapon.

So, armors are not able to keep up with weapon, resulting in, whoever hits first, win (most time).
Another pvp broken part of this game is, stupid long combos of some classes. If you are caught in one of them, you can pretty much say good bye, there is no fair way, you can break most long combos in between.

heavy
02-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Another pvp broken part of this game is, stupid long combos of some classes. If you are caught in one of them, you can pretty much say good bye, there is no fair way, you can break most long combos in between.

Use honor shop cloak to break it.

Xplode
02-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Use honor shop cloak to break it.

Thats blunt stupid lol. Why should i leave my socketed cloak, to run in honor cloak, because stupid pvp combos are ******ed. That too, daggerspell combo, dark runner combo, and some more. Using food/potion buff for stupid 1vs1 is blunt stupid to be honest. Honor cloaks, are shortcuts to break combos, doesn't mean pvp system is right lol.

heavy
02-12-2015, 12:12 PM
Thats blunt stupid lol. Why should i leave my socketed cloak, to run in honor cloak, because stupid pvp combos are ******ed. That too, daggerspell combo, dark runner combo, and some more. Using food/potion buff for stupid 1vs1 is blunt stupid to be honest. Honor cloaks, are shortcuts to break combos, doesn't mean pvp system is right lol.

It is stupid not to use it when it is better than Your socketed cloak that can't break combo. Only way to not get 2 shot is using pots if You are not tank. This how the game is - learn to deal with it or quit.

Xplode
02-12-2015, 12:19 PM
It is stupid not to use it when it is better than Your socketed cloak that can't break combo. Only way to not get 2 shot is using pots if You are not tank. This how the game is - learn to deal with it or quit.

Lol, actually i do just fine most of the time with my normal cloak. And most time its on the winning end, that too with GHA gear and Hasla t3 bow. Its just blunt stupid that a game that says, is pvp oriented, actually is broken at pvp fights. And yes, i have learnt it already, doesn't mean its right :P

Penguu
02-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Will we be getting obsidian armor as well later on from KR, or no?

Pwnocchio
02-12-2015, 01:05 PM
GHA is the lowest grade armor at level 50. It is around illustrious grade.

It's actually Magnificent grade.

If You don't have gold to buy epherium unique go get it from serpentis dungeon. If You can't then try to get drops in library after patch - it will drop almost delphi grade armor sets.

I doubt they'll be surviving the Library dungeon while they are rocking GHA armor.

Also socket it with toughness, resilience, and other gems to up Your stats. Some people in the game run around with delph weapons and high tier armor - if You have gha cloth armor with 10% def then archer with good weapon will 2 shot You. Use potion that gives def +2400 to get it higher. If You are plate get some magic def potion since You have 0% magic def on plate sets. Mages will kill You very easy. Same with Your attack if You are mage go after plate enemy and so on.

...This really highlights the failure of games like Archeage were there is no penalty for death and no risk to losing your valuable baubles.

If there was an RNG when you died to see if each gear item was destroyed things would be different. If you dropped all your surviving gear when you died there wouldn't be such an insurmountable power gap between people that have been playing 3 months and those that have played 6 months.

I understand a lot of people like soft-core Pvp games like Archeage, but this the downside you get with that.

Citizenfive
02-12-2015, 01:29 PM

I doubt they'll be surviving the Library dungeon while they are rocking GHA armor.

...This really highlights the failure of games like Archeage were there is no penalty for death and no risk to losing your valuable baubles.

If there was an RNG when you died to see if each gear item was destroyed things would be different. If you dropped all your surviving gear when you died there wouldn't be such an insurmountable power gap between people that have been playing 3 months and those that have played 6 months.

I understand a lot of people like soft-core Pvp games like Archeage, but this the downside you get with that.

Problem then is youd create more problems as prices would go even higher on gear. Swings and roundabouts.

Mith
02-13-2015, 01:09 AM

That would be nice. and will close indeed the gear-gap we are experiencing now atm. but this is probably what trion wants? a gear-gap?

i played UO. and crafted 10 bags of gear, went out for pvp, and had a blast all night long. losing gear, looting gear, ending up with or No gear at all, or a BUNCH of different stuff :)

now, its the gear you got. and then you can upgrade it. in most stupid ways. crafting is no real "crafting" but just luck and labor. and the pvp GAP is huge. wich lowers our interest in the game atm.

then, when i see announcements like this. of which i read will even make that gap BIGGER. then what can we still do in this game. we earn our gold by fishing/farming/trade runs, ... etc legit way. we dont Buy/did those exploits/ .... so we have no chance of beating those 20K+ HP players that 2 shot us now. and will 1 shot us in a couple of weeks.

the reason i come posting here, is that we liked this game. and would hate to, yet again, need to leave a MMO.. just because it is just not fun anymore.. like the past 10+ MMO's we played...

the first one UO we played 8 years. then went to WoW. it was totaly new, different, also fun, 5 years, and then it went downhill. now, we kind of found a mix of UO and WoW in this game. just the gear part. is again.. a big issue....

i would love to see a trion member reply/post on my/our concerns. (this is not from me alone, but from VvV guild, playing on Dahuta EU)
we are not a big guild. just a small group of players, who would like to have a bit of pvp fun in this game too.

thanks.

Mith

heavy
02-13-2015, 03:59 AM
That would be nice. and will close indeed the gear-gap we are experiencing now atm. but this is probably what trion wants? a gear-gap?

i played UO. and crafted 10 bags of gear, went out for pvp, and had a blast all night long. losing gear, looting gear, ending up with or No gear at all, or a BUNCH of different stuff :)

now, its the gear you got. and then you can upgrade it. in most stupid ways. crafting is no real "crafting" but just luck and labor. and the pvp GAP is huge. wich lowers our interest in the game atm.

then, when i see announcements like this. of which i read will even make that gap BIGGER. then what can we still do in this game. we earn our gold by fishing/farming/trade runs, ... etc legit way. we dont Buy/did those exploits/ .... so we have no chance of beating those 20K+ HP players that 2 shot us now. and will 1 shot us in a couple of weeks.

the reason i come posting here, is that we liked this game. and would hate to, yet again, need to leave a MMO.. just because it is just not fun anymore.. like the past 10+ MMO's we played...

the first one UO we played 8 years. then went to WoW. it was totaly new, different, also fun, 5 years, and then it went downhill. now, we kind of found a mix of UO and WoW in this game. just the gear part. is again.. a big issue....

i would love to see a trion member reply/post on my/our concerns. (this is not from me alone, but from VvV guild, playing on Dahuta EU)
we are not a big guild. just a small group of players, who would like to have a bit of pvp fun in this game too.

thanks.

Mith

What are You talking about - obsidian weapons are almost free comparing to crafting delphi weapon - You just need to farm tokens and get some melted lower tier weapons. Instead of talking about gap maybe You need to get them to become better. Crying will not help You here. Learn to play maybe.

Pwnocchio
02-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Problem then is youd create more problems as prices would go even higher on gear. Swings and roundabouts.

Yes, prices on the lower tier gear would increase a bit, but they would still be a lot cheaper than the higher tier stuff. Also, crafting armor and weapons would be stimulated tremendously.

Pwnocchio
02-13-2015, 06:53 AM

Absolutely it is what they want.

It's just a different flavor of game. There are pro's and con's to all game styles. The good side of arch-age's power gap is that you never have to feel the frustration of losing your gear, the things you've earned / created. You also feel more badass when you attain the higher level gear because it gives you such a huge advantage over those that haven't yet attained it.

Kinda like a high level D&D character feels when facing lower level D&D characters.

If find that kind of game model just really forces the game designers to segregate the player population based on power-levels. IMO this kinda dilutes the player base. It's also a real problem in aspects of the game where such segregation doesn't happen, like the Arena or open PvP area's, because then the problems with the power gap really glare and the satisfaction your rich players feel and pwning nubs is offset against the frustration of your pov players that are getting owned.

Also, the lack of gear being destroyed is why they need the Regrade RNG gold sink at the high end in order to keep inflation lower.

Arias
02-13-2015, 08:31 AM
I believe this game is well done, ANY one with good luck can get a good weapon.
Ive known alot of new players that have got Delphinads first try, so stop crying about high prices and exploits.
Im using GHA leather gear and Tier 3 Hasla weapon and i dont do bad at pvp.

The only thing that i find stupid is the fact that having 90k proficiency on Weaponry or Carpentry doesnt give you more chances of getting the correct tier to keep upgrading the item. same goes to Larceny, why would someone want to have 90k Larceny before 1.7? you have no benefits from it beside -1 cost labor on coinpurses and you get this as soon as you hit 50k. They should change this.

Have a nice day <3

Pwnocchio
02-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Does anyone know how the grind for obsidian weapons compares to hasla?

Pwnocchio
02-13-2015, 08:54 AM
I believe this game is well done, ANY one with good luck can get a good weapon.
Ive known alot of new players that have got Delphinads first try, so stop crying about high prices and exploits.

So everyone should just choose to be lucky, right?

Arias
02-13-2015, 08:58 AM
Its like real life, you count with a risk, in this game its rng in real life is world economy and relations, is some ways its rng you work work work work and do your best to have the best chances to success but you can fail.

Pwnocchio
02-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Its like real life, you count with a risk, in this game its rng in real life is world economy and relations, is some ways its rng you work work work work and do your best to have the best chances to success but you can fail.

Outside of living in a casino it's not really like real life at all.

If you don't understand why people hate the RNG mechanic it's probably because you aren't really trying to understand their gripe. Maybe that is cultural, maybe it's a function of lack of MMO exposure.

At the end of the day RNG is a really lazy mechanic to make the game harder / longer. There are more interesting and engaging ways to do that, IMO.

Swingblade
02-14-2015, 09:31 PM

what a unimaginably terrible idea. Lose all your gear when you die? what kind of game is that?

Tecxhen
02-15-2015, 01:30 AM
what a unimaginably terrible idea. Lose all your gear when you die? what kind of game is that?

Runescape did this for years and is why pvp is mainly played there. Risk/rewards, I'd still play archeage if it had this system but I'd use pvp gear am not fussed of loosing.

Thorandril
02-15-2015, 02:54 AM

This is literally one of the most awful ideas I think I've heard, the grind to get high level crafted gear is bad enough as it is.

Tanlito
02-16-2015, 03:15 PM
I really enjoyed Diamond Shore back in alpha. It was the only non-pvp area that you could go grind and not have to worry about being ganked by some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Even though I should be shocked they changed to PVP, Iím not. It seems like you guys are continuing to screw up a great game. I chose to come to ArcheAge when it was advertised as an open sand box, but then they decided to gear the game more towards PVP and now it seems they are shoving it down our throats again. Itís like watching monkeys screw a football update after update. Before they announced this or I took time to see the changes coming to Diamond Shore before I renew and upgrade to a three month subscription. Why do I stay? I guess I just like being screwed over and over. Thanks, Trion, for nothing.

Raizoh
02-16-2015, 06:21 PM
sooooooooo what about Library? is that not comming out with this patch?

SirGaric
02-17-2015, 02:25 AM

This ended my hopes of being able to farm the archeum myself. Hope others do and price drops because of this.

Pwnocchio
02-17-2015, 09:24 AM

EVE Online has been this way and extremely successful for over 10 years.

It sounds shocking if you've never played that style of game, but once you have experience with it it really makes for engaging and meaningful PvP.

Pwnocchio
02-17-2015, 09:25 AM
This is literally one of the most awful ideas I think I've heard, the grind to get high level crafted gear is bad enough as it is.

In games like this there is very little grind because amost nobody uses the top end gear.

Ulfnaor
02-17-2015, 09:45 AM
In games like this there is very little grind because amost nobody uses the top end gear.
And when it's brought out, it's brought out strategically (think Titans on EVE, etc.).

But the delph gank squads on AA, with full buffs and pots destroying 12k HPs GHA geared guys and then trash talking them wouldn't understand that concept. They don't want to think about strategy, they just want to drop enough gold to give themselves a big enough advantage so they just have to press 1-2-3 and voilŗ, sure kill.

Consequence-free PvP to its finest.

Lapy
02-17-2015, 11:52 AM
You sound like a Goon to me.

In EvE there is a lot of easy way to do money and there is a lot of builders too (and you forgot to mention that EvE's community is not spread between servers).
What's the problem with free pvp ? I see none. I live in a war zone (north savannah) for three months now, I see (and kill) reds everyday but I never had any trouble doing stuff on my lands.

heavy
02-18-2015, 08:04 AM
And in eve You wait for titan fights like a Year or two? Overall it is boring game - most of the time it is spinning ships and moving stuff around. Not to mention everyone has like 3 alts logged in so it makes all the systems almost empty when You have few thousand players and eaven more systems. Most stay in safe zones anyway - activity map paints the picture of empty game. And there is no labor limit in eve. You can grind and grind. If You could produce t1 frig per day in eve that would be fun :) You can buy capital ship after 15min of playing because making money is not a problem in eve - archeage you can't make as much. Eph weapons would need to be for like 100g if you would want to compare the two. Imagine 10000g dropping after completing gha solo. So yea losing gear would be ok only if You could get it back very fast.

Pwnocchio
02-18-2015, 09:25 AM
You sound like a Goon to me.

Nope, I did small gang PvP for a few years in null sec with an industrial alt (T2 drones mainly) to fund my main.

In EvE there is a lot of easy way to do money and there is a lot of builders too (and you forgot to mention that EvE's community is not spread between servers).

That is abslolutely a wonderful aspect of EVE. One universe on one server. Great game design.

Pwnocchio
02-18-2015, 09:38 AM
And in eve You wait for titan fights like a Year or two? Overall it is boring game - most of the time it is spinning ships and moving stuff around.

Yeah, but the best fights in EVE have nothing to do with Titans. Yes, EVE PvP is a lot of work. You might go on half a dozen roams in a week looking for a fight that is feasible but when you do find that fight it's the best gaming you will ever experience. Your adreniline is pumping, you are ♥♥♥♥ting yourself and it all matters because you can lose everything on you.

If you are in a good corp then the roams where you find no targets are passible.

In archeage, dying just doesn't matter. I AFK in Marcala dancing at the fellowship plaza because it doesn't matter if I die. The only value to killing vs dying is the value your pride places on either.

Not to mention everyone has like 3 alts logged in so it makes all the systems almost empty when You have few thousand players and eaven more systems. Most stay in safe zones anyway

...but you can kill people there too. I made a lot of isk ganking AFK transport ships and destroyers hauling valuable goods in 0.5 or higher systems.

That was good fun.

You could also gank mission runners in top tier missions in 'safe zones' for the dead space of officer fittings.

At some times EVE is boring if you aren't willing to generate your own content or sign on with an active corp, but there is no end to the content in which you can engage due to the way the game is designed.

It's simply revolutionary.

Eph weapons would need to be for like 100g if you would want to compare the two. Imagine 10000g dropping after completing gha solo. So yea losing gear would be ok only if You could get it back very fast.

Epherium wouldn't be the standard in Archage anymore than officer fit T3 ships are the standard in EVE. They'd be far more rare. People would use Artisans or Artificers unless they had a strategic need to have better.

The economics in EVE mandated that most people fly around in T2 ships at best, and you'd often run into T1 BC gangs because they were cheap and fun.

heavy
02-18-2015, 11:40 AM
EVE adrenaline only works at begining. After You get used to fights its gone but I know what you mean. It was the only game that gave me this adrenaline rush.

Pwnocchio
02-18-2015, 01:38 PM
EVE adrenaline only works at begining. After You get used to fights its gone but I know what you mean. It was the only game that gave me this adrenaline rush.

It never went away for me.

Maybe it depends on the kind of PvP you were doing. I can see how POS bashing wouldn't get your juices flowing after you did a few or a lot of the large fleet stuff, but I never really participated in any of that.

Also it may have to do with the corp you are in as well. Our corp got pretty *drama* about the losses on our killboard.

heavy
02-19-2015, 12:56 AM
It goes away when You can replace everything easy.

Sharon
02-24-2015, 11:47 PM

Unless I am missing something, like they are making it way harder than alpha, we rocked the library in the best quest armor from Hasla and Karkasse. Was it easy, not really, but we would go in small groups and fight the mobs together. It helps if you use the Golden Library Indexes.

I am more worried about my ability to reach the library from the gate in Diamond Shores, as I don't recall there being a gate right at the library. It would be very easy for big guilds to simply gank everyone who arrives in the area and basically exclude the weaker players from upgrading their gear by grinding the library.

Genri
02-25-2015, 12:20 AM
Unless I am missing something, like they are making it way harder than alpha, we rocked the library in the best quest armor from Hasla and Karkasse. Was it easy, not really, but we would go in small groups and fight the mobs together. It helps if you use the Golden Library Indexes.

I am more worried about my ability to reach the library from the gate in Diamond Shores, as I don't recall there being a gate right at the library. It would be very easy for big guilds to simply gank everyone who arrives in the area and basically exclude the weaker players from upgrading their gear by grinding the library.

They said there is some kind of scroll to get to the library directly and you can buy it from a NPC at the enterance. This will help in that kind of situations.

Condolences
02-25-2015, 05:03 AM
So no ETA on release or am I overlooking something?

Cheerz

TeaIce
02-25-2015, 09:59 AM
i will quit if its all "just another DUNGEON/LIBRARY to grind" ......
Trino change the % on drops in auroria ( nobody wants to farm 1 k of mobs for 1 drop ...... wtf

Tol
02-25-2015, 10:17 AM
i will quit if its all "just another DUNGEON/LIBRARY to grind" ......
Trino change the % on drops in auroria ( nobody wants to farm 1 k of mobs for 1 drop ...... wtf

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is what it is. There are some ripple effects that the 55 skills will bring for pvp etc.

TeaIce
02-25-2015, 10:25 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is what it is. There are some ripple effects that the 55 skills will bring for pvp etc.

huh this game is so limited :( and im not a grindfest fan
pvp with or without lvl 55 = not that important for me .... ( i don't avoid it but i am not a hard core fan ) .....

guess im just going to pay for "elite:dangerous" as that atm sounds better and its kinda different ........

Pwnocchio
02-25-2015, 11:07 AM

I think this update should make castle seige more possible.

Jorix
02-25-2015, 11:56 AM

Way harder then alpha? Its the same as alpha but with more floors unlocked now because the level cap is higher. Library in alpha was easy, you could go in and solo farm the first floor if you had the proper build and do it fairly quickly with pots/indexes.

But as someone else said too, they are suppose to be adding in scrolls or something that will port you right into the library so you could pretty much avoid running through diamond shores from the sounds of it.

NaCL Delivery
02-25-2015, 03:14 PM
I think this update should make castle seige more possible.

How does 55 make castles more possible? The core mechanic is broke and that has nothing to do with lvl 55.

Elu
02-25-2015, 08:19 PM
How does 55 make castles more possible? The core mechanic is broke and that has nothing to do with lvl 55.
I think he means the pvpers doing the siege. You've gotta remember that there are a lot of classes that become extremely good with 55. Such as Spellsinger, with Spellsingers having the Zeal proc and God's Whipping an entire raid, that could make a difference.

NaCL Delivery
02-25-2015, 08:23 PM
I think he means the pvpers doing the siege. You've gotta remember that there are a lot of classes that become extremely good with 55. Such as Spellsinger, with Spellsingers having the Zeal proc and God's Whipping an entire raid, that could make a difference.

So, other than the walls or doors they can't get down... ok gotcha

Pwnocchio
02-26-2015, 11:04 AM

Correct.

My understanding is the Castle Seige was designed for level 55 players/content, which is why it's so impossible (as opposed to challenging) currently.

Pwnocchio
02-26-2015, 11:05 AM
So, other than the walls or doors they can't get down... ok gotcha

Calmlands on my server was seiged this past weekend. The castle is still burning and there is more than one open approach to the stone as a result of the attackers destroying many walls. They just didn't have the DPS to finish off the stone. I believe they nearly had it down by the end.

If those players were level 55 and more had obscidian weapons they would have succeeded.

NaCL Delivery
02-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Calmlands on my server was seiged this past weekend. The castle is still burning and there is more than one open approach to the stone as a result of the attackers destroying many walls. They just didn't have the DPS to finish off the stone. I believe they nearly had it down by the end.

If those players were level 55 and more had obscidian weapons they would have succeeded.

How many defenders? On Ollo, we've had 2 major pushes for castles, with 50+ tanks and THE best geared people on the server.. no one has gotten more than 2 walls down.

All the attackers need to do is grave-zerg the tanks and it's GG.

Any siege, with a determined defender, will end in defeat. If the defender just doesn't show up, that is the only way they will lose.

Swingblade
02-28-2015, 09:45 PM
EVE Online has been this way and extremely successful for over 10 years.

It sounds shocking if you've never played that style of game, but once you have experience with it it really makes for engaging and meaningful PvP.

I dont care if eve does it, I dont care if runescape does it. Its completely r.e.ta.rded.

VVolfgang
02-28-2015, 09:57 PM
So we can expect this in 6 months?

Pwnocchio
03-02-2015, 10:24 AM
I dont care if eve does it, I dont care if runescape does it. Its completely r.e.ta.rded.

Howso?

Mangix
03-02-2015, 01:24 PM
huh this game is so limited :( and im not a grindfest fan
pvp with or without lvl 55 = not that important for me .... ( i don't avoid it but i am not a hard core fan ) .....

you realize this is an eastern mmo right? Thats like... the charm, the gimmick, etc? Its not like all the ones we already have available to us. Its for those of us that actually like the eastern style of mmo, but don't have access to without a vpn and ♥♥♥♥ ping.