PDA

View Full Version : Gearing a Trickster after reskilling from a cloth class - Where can I get some basic stuff to start with?

jannik
02-14-2015, 05:11 AM
Hey,

recently I was reskilling my char from a Demologist to a Trickster. I am level 50.

Currently I am fully clothed and would like to start gearing up a bit. Whats a cheap way to start with? Should I start with some gear crafted at the leather station or are there some mobs I could solo in an instance to get some basic items?

Thanks in advance!

Huo
02-14-2015, 07:08 AM
Try running GHA for leather, it's good for archers because of the set boosts, and it's pretty cheap. If you don't already have a hasla bow (or better), you should probably grab one too.

MagnumMack
02-14-2015, 10:32 AM
Depending what skills you use, the auroria Beldame leather is good because it adds witchcraft bonuses you might find useful.

jannik
02-14-2015, 11:52 AM
What exactly do you mean by Hasla Bow? I never was in Hasla.

Myrgatroid
02-14-2015, 01:11 PM
What exactly do you mean by Hasla Bow? I never was in Hasla.

In Hasla there are venus flytraps to kill that will drop one of 7 tokens. After you get 150 of one type of token, they can be traded for a weapon. For the bow, you will want courage tokens. After getting the first tier of weapon, you then need to continue collecting tokens to upgrade the weapon to tier 2 and finally to tier 3. Tier 3 hasla weapons are dps-wise on par with epherium weapons, but lack class specialized stat distribution. I don't remember how many tokens are needed to go from tier 1 to 2 and 2 to 3, because I personally decided to grind gold for crafted gear because I find the hasla grind (and gha) intolerable. Many people do not mind the Hasla grind, and it certainly is probably 'easier' than a gold grind, but it is up to you to choose which route to take. You will likely see people in /faction from time to time saying 'LFM Sacrifice, Compassion, Courage open' etc. These are people that have group going working together to kill the flytraps, and then only rolling on their designated token. If you choose to go crafted, don't go for anything less than Epherium. As a Trickster, Tidal and Gale bows will be your top choices, though anything with AGI or INT stats will do. Hope this helps!

EDIT: If you have never been in Hasla, I assume you are West. It'll likely be pretty important to seek a group to work with as we Easterners often travel to Hasla seeking PvP when there is nothing else to do.