PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of Ayanad Spotlight: Ayanad Library

Scapes
02-18-2015, 04:05 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/02/Library_blog_810x3001.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/02/18/secrets-of-ayanad-spotlight-ayanad-library)

Once the most famous place of arcane learning in all of Erenor, the Ayanad Library has crumbled into ruin since the fall of Auroria. Its enchantments have been corrupted, and its caretakers driven mad by the very magic they once sought to protect. The Ayanad Disciples, a group of scholars dedicated to studying the ruins of the library, tell stories of the horrors found within: monstrous creatures, deadly magic, and the vengeful ghosts of the Ayanad Mages themselves. Adventurers who dare to enter here, beware: the knowledge held within these halls may well cost your life.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/02/18/secrets-of-ayanad-spotlight-ayanad-library)

Rickthorian
02-18-2015, 04:16 PM
yay new spotlight article, we're gettin closer and closer.

Saveric
02-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Wish it included in the article what the fee was for the bounties. Will have to see when it goes on PTR.

Drolf
02-18-2015, 04:19 PM
The sentence is duplicated.

- Certain NPCs in Diamond Shores (and each library rest area) sell tickets that can be consumed to teleport you directly to a floor hub, though you must be of the appropriate level to use them.

Tammuz
02-18-2015, 04:46 PM
any costume stats or will costumes continue to be useless in our version?

BlackSheep1121
02-18-2015, 05:04 PM
No stats on costumes and all 3 costumes are being combined into a single average of all 3 one.

Barek
02-18-2015, 06:07 PM
- The North American / European version of the Ayanad Library has PvP combat disabled on all floors to encourage dungeon crawling and discourage zone monopolization.

Seriously? What is left to compete over?

Scapes
02-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Btw, the 2nd to last sentence in the article is the same as the 1 above it

And fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

Saiyuko
02-18-2015, 07:55 PM
No PvP combat? lame.

Phyton
02-18-2015, 08:41 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/02/Library_blog_810x3001.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/02/18/secrets-of-ayanad-spotlight-ayanad-library)

Once the most famous place of arcane learning in all of Erenor, the Ayanad Library has crumbled into ruin since the fall of Auroria. Its enchantments have been corrupted, and its caretakers driven mad by the very magic they once sought to protect. The Ayanad Disciples, a group of scholars dedicated to studying the ruins of the library, tell stories of the horrors found within: monstrous creatures, deadly magic, and the vengeful ghosts of the Ayanad Mages themselves. Adventurers who dare to enter here, beware: the knowledge held within these halls may well cost your life.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/02/18/secrets-of-ayanad-spotlight-ayanad-library)

ok, you guys ended the congratulations library, now pirates and best equipped players will move it inside not to let anyone to farm, if that happens, you can be sure that more players will leave the game

Athemus
02-18-2015, 08:48 PM
Release date?

Phyton
02-18-2015, 08:50 PM
with pvp in the library will be, who is weak, will continue weak, strong and who ta, will get stronger, there is no dg the teams and drops are better than the library, or serpentis equals, you arrange this game just thinking of players donate and who are already equipped, do not even want that weaker players and newer tool up and enjoy the game, you want to drive them anyway

toe nado
02-18-2015, 09:11 PM
with pvp in the library will be, who is weak, will continue weak, strong and who ta, will get stronger, there is no dg the teams and drops are better than the library, or serpentis equals, you arrange this game just thinking of players donate and who are already equipped, do not even want that weaker players and newer tool up and enjoy the game, you want to drive them anyway

"The North American / European version of the Ayanad Library has PvP combat disabled on all floors to encourage dungeon crawling and discourage zone monopolization"

Keyword is disabled. Players will be able to farm freely once inside the library.

Phyton
02-18-2015, 09:16 PM
already deleted my post, and I'm sorry I misinterpreted, and now I'm getting happy haha, thank you o/

Cassandre
02-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Define "tune down"?

Have you just turned to unefficient / useless the xp grind there as u did on outdoor auroria mobs? And that made us unable to PL alts or mates, whit that lvl requirement.

xthydra
02-18-2015, 11:36 PM
will the dungeon be an instanced or a persistent area?

making this area a persistent area would be dumb because there's alot of materials to get in there

LeinaD
02-19-2015, 05:44 AM
GG it is late the game is empty

Fantic
02-19-2015, 06:51 AM
no PVP inside u kidding me???? What is this farmville. Its a pvp game. First delete the clan wars than no honor on auroria and now no pvp in libery. Nice destroy the game more and more ......

Obb
02-19-2015, 06:53 AM
Library finnaly here thx trion im gonna try it la ter
Or fake?

SirGaric
02-19-2015, 06:56 AM
no PVP inside u kidding me???? What is this farmville. Its a pvp game. First delete the clan wars than no honor on auroria and now no pvp in libery. Nice destroy the game more and more ......

Let me guess, you are not geared with Hasla/GHA, are you?

Alexandar
02-19-2015, 08:07 AM
He doesn't understand dungeons. Let the poor dear be.

Dagg
02-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Is the Library for parties only? Is there any solo content?

Mysig
02-19-2015, 09:02 AM
- The North American / European version of the Ayanad Library has PvP combat disabled on all floors to encourage dungeon crawling and discourage zone monopolization.

So, this is a PvP game, it's what it's supposed to be about. And you go disable it for the zone where everyone will need to farm. You're making it Hasla in peace 24/7(and yes, hasla in peace is horrid).

I haven't whined or complained about any of your mishaps in the past. But this has to be among the most stupid things you could ever do. Please think about this one more time, we're already lacking real meaning full PvP and you're about to cripple it even more. If you really go for this you destroy the one thing this game has going for it, you can kill or try to kill people to gain an advantage.

Please, please, please rethink this. This would make me quit a game i've really have enjoyed up to this point. Don't mess it up becuse you think everyone can have fun here if you do this, it's the other way around. You destroy it for a lot of people who will never stand playing like that.

Holding a camp should never be decided by who can tag a mob faster with a bow shot, it should be decided on PvP. If not, at least split up the servers and the people who likes to just farm can do it and those of us who actually enjoy PvP can play some place else.

OranDoge
02-19-2015, 09:11 AM

So, this is a PvP game, it's what it's supposed to be about. And you go disable it for the zone where everyone will need to farm. You're making it Hasla in peace 24/7(and yes, hasla in peace is horrid).

I haven't whined or complained about any of your mishaps in the past. But this has to be among the most stupid things you could ever do. Please think about this one more time, we're already lacking real meaning full PvP and you're about to cripple it even more. If you really go for this you destroy the one thing this game has going for it, you can kill or try to kill people to gain an advantage.

Please, please, please rethink this. This would make me quit a game i've really have enjoyed up to this point. Don't mess it up becuse you think everyone can have fun here if you do this, it's the other way around. You destroy it for a lot of people who will never stand playing like that.

Holding a camp should never be decided by who can tag a mob faster with a bow shot, it should be decided on PvP. If not, at least split up the servers and the people who likes to just farm can do it and those of us who actually enjoy PvP can play some place else.

I support this 100%. You guys focus on taking care of the non pvpers more than the pvpers. This is mainly a pvp game. PVP is what keeps me going on this game and It's barely there. Why make hasla a normal zone and not diamond shores...

Ragnabolt
02-19-2015, 09:18 AM
any costume stats or will costumes continue to be useless in our version?

i hope they don't have stats.

who the hell thinks its a good idea to have stat bonuses on "COSMETIC" item slots
its bad enough that stat bonuses are linked to a string of text that goes before your name.

Mcphearson
02-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Anyone with half a brain KNOWS full well that if the library has open PVP, - as someone commented earlier, the geared up players will get better geared, and all of the best mats, etc and then they will just grief and prevent everyone else who is NOT as well geared -- from getting better geared, and being able to then be competitive - ... it's the "great divide" - kind of like, "the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer." Not only THAT, but anything that drops in the library that is not bound, - then THOSE people will be able to corner the market and sell what they don't need for insanely high prices. THIS most certainly is NOT the answer. You wanna PVP? then stop sitting on your butts and blockading and greifing your own faction, and GO KILL some reds- bc u guys are usually the ones I hear whining and crying about the lack of PVP. Oh wait! I Forgot, you all have alliances with the opposite factions - so u don't kill most of them - JUST your OWN faction.... that's some real "honor" there!:mad:

Orbitz
02-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Anyone with half a brain KNOWS full well that if the library has open PVP, - as someone commented earlier, the geared up players will get better geared, and all of the best mats, etc and then they will just grief and prevent everyone else who is NOT as well geared -- from getting better geared, and being able to then be competitive - ... it's the "great divide" - kind of like, "the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer." Not only THAT, but anything that drops in the library that is not bound, - then THOSE people will be able to corner the market and sell what they don't need for insanely high prices. THIS most certainly is NOT the answer. You wanna PVP? then stop sitting on your butts and blockading and greifing your own faction, and GO KILL some reds- bc u guys are usually the ones I hear whining and crying about the lack of PVP. Oh wait! I Forgot, you all have alliances with the opposite factions - so u don't kill most of them - JUST your OWN faction.... that's some real "honor" there!:mad: Best answer i ever hear wanna solve a real issue block the damn factions like in Aion if you make Harani you cant make Nuian and vice versa, and the bloody auroria castle sieges are ridiculus, this game ends all about paying " we want pvp" not money, Lineage2 still has players because of sieges... we mark sieges and atak players who have the castel must so something worthy to defend, not just get some random idiot to buy scroll and not atak...

IMMORTAL
02-19-2015, 10:16 AM
Release date?

This. Would be nice if u sometimes can tell the release date.

Shinichii
02-19-2015, 10:21 AM
ok, you guys ended the congratulations library, now pirates and best equipped players will move it inside not to let anyone to farm, if that happens, you can be sure that more players will leave the game

They can't monopolize it: "- The North American / European version of the Ayanad Library has PvP combat disabled on all floors to encourage dungeon crawling and discourage zone monopolization. "

Shinichii
02-19-2015, 10:23 AM
Thank god for the no pvp.
♥♥♥♥ty people can't monopolize the zone

Angron
02-19-2015, 10:26 AM
thanks trion , really thanks, you protected us in the release (u scam us the cars remmeber, so it wont unbalance the game HAHAHAHAH), now u protect us on the library release (really thanks guys after auroria no honor, means no reason to pvp) now tha new release screwed up, why u have to care that much about carebear on a pvp oriented game?HELLO? does any1 in trion know what is doing?can you understand that if a big alliance locks down lvl 2 of library its ment in the game mechanics? guys just change the sieges, make them a dancing contest where we have to be the best dancers not the best mass pvp organized guild/alliance, ♥♥♥♥ that ♥♥♥♥, a ye ! remmember siege dancing contest tikets MUST be sold on store for credits . Really ♥♥♥♥ YOU, would be nice if you noticed that every ♥♥♥♥ing time you touched something from kr release, you ♥♥♥♥ed up this game on a new level, honestly stop thinking, just patch the ♥♥♥♥ing game as it comes from korea, you leave the persistent stench : YOU HAVE NO CLUE ON MANAGING MMO, stop doing it, just patch your release propperly and earn money by the subs and store, but stop transforming a decent pvp game into a hug paradise u morrons

DrizztDoUrden
02-19-2015, 10:29 AM
wow pvp has been disabled for the library..... this is absolutely ******ed. No love for pirates in this game. If you want a safe fish trader, go back to faction. If you want an active pvp zone, go back to faction. Ganking people, and pvping is one of the most important aspects which keeps this game alive. People wonder why the game is dying, cause there is nothing left to do. So after the grind to 55 pve'ing in the library, there will be nothing left to do in game. That is why the population drops. PVP needs to be enhanced, not blocked. Why do you think games like Lineage2 have lasted more than a decade with a strong following?

Amused Observer
02-19-2015, 10:36 AM
I support this 100%. You guys focus on taking care of the non pvpers more than the pvpers.

I think the answer is money---you don't need to be a patron to do pvp. However, you do need patronage to play farmville. Archeage is clearly losing a lot of patrons, and Trion's focus right now, as I see it, is to figure out how to keep the patrons shelling out subs. If the library becomes pvp zone, it would encourage camping by the best geared pvpers and drive non-pvpers out and maybe even cause patrons to rage quit and drop their subs. At this point, Trion doesn't want to lose more patrons, and thus dropping the pvp component in the library makes sense from this perspective.

Angron
02-19-2015, 10:47 AM
dear lord, sense? sense is to let scrubs players after 3 months wearing hasla t1 /gha to grind their carebear lifes in lvl 1 library while the rest of the world that is actually competitive, can go lvl 2 and further, again, if somen1 locks down x lvl (remmember theres instances of ayanad library lvls, so basically u can be in an empty lvl of ayanad lib, with literaly no1, i assume they are saving that for a new patch) but the thing is in lvl 2 theres no 100% pvp, unless its in lock down, it wont take long for the server player to form an alliance and wipe them form lvl 2 or 3 but, hey thats competition and pvp, its a ♥♥♥♥ comming to a pvp game and having to actually pvp and not farm freely WHAT A SHAME LOL

Alexandar
02-19-2015, 11:10 AM
Thank you Trion for making the game better. With the Library pvp free, guilds wont overthrow people out 24/7. Especially on servers that are heavy with players on one faction and the massive amount of P2W players that havent been banned for buying gold. This is a pvp game but it isnt only a pvp game. There is pvp available places all over the place. You all did a good job with Library. Ignore these 12 year olds who don't know how dungeons work.

Alexandar
02-19-2015, 11:15 AM
I think the answer is money---you don't need to be a patron to do pvp. However, you do need patronage to play farmville. Archeage is clearly losing a lot of patrons, and Trion's focus right now, as I see it, is to figure out how to keep the patrons shelling out subs. If the library becomes pvp zone, it would encourage camping by the best geared pvpers and drive non-pvpers out and maybe even cause patrons to rage quit and drop their subs. At this point, Trion doesn't want to lose more patrons, and thus dropping the pvp component in the library makes sense from this perspective. It wouldnt be rage quit, just no hope of playing anymore when you cant catch up and will always be behind. Also if it was pvp, i would pay money to see the look on your face when you not only get wiped but have the bosses stolen from your group and the fit of rage that comes after.

Lightninblue
02-19-2015, 12:11 PM
Probly the reason why they don't give a release date is because they know how pissed people will get when they have to delay the release 5-10-15 times....

Scapes
02-19-2015, 12:50 PM
any costume stats

No, the Dark Tear costumes will not have stats.

Moose Wayne
02-19-2015, 01:17 PM
No longer obliterating or even overwhelming difficulty on the mobs? Sounds like I could solo farm the area then, at least hopefully the first level and not any of the boss mobs inside.

Beshnak
02-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Sweet! Looking forward to the update :) Why so much flame on the forum?
And thanks god for no PvP in Libary. If Im in a dungeon, I dont want to be ganked...

Be happy you get an update, and instead of flaming. Give them constructive criticism :)

ConcernedCitizenNui
02-19-2015, 01:57 PM
ArcheAge is a sandbox game. PvP and Economy, play equal parts. Though the Library being non-pvp is unfair on a balanced server. It makes perfect sense on a server like Tahyang, which does not have a Pirate Faction, and a very small Nuian Faction. Haranya dominates their server. It has gotten to the point where Nuians are so weak to the zerging Harani, that Nuians have taken to being fine killing fellow Nuians. When a server is that unbalanced, you need to implement non-pvp dungeons for players to build up, and allow for balancing. When a Same-Faction killer guild can finally outfit themselves, like opposite factions, you will see more Faction PvP. When the factions are close to equal and less heavily unbalanced, you will see more players coming back to their own faction, and maybe a rebuild of the dead factions.

Good play Trion.
*Other note* Consider making Sieges an automatic thing, instead of an outbidding. All the Castle holders do is use the gold from the wins to buy out everyone else and continue to initiate, and end siege, with an alternate guild. *Referrence "War of Emperium"

Have some kind of incentive to pvp other factions, and stronger punitive action for same-faction killing.

Give Pirates a break, and allow them to get something out of this. Pirate factions are breaking down, and it is killing the faction balances.

~Nui

vagrant
02-19-2015, 02:13 PM
its bad enough that stat bonuses are linked to a string of text that goes before your name.

haha i agree. and why is the title on the same line as the name? it'd make sense if it were Lord Myname or Sir Myname but not exactly Ink Is In My Blood Myame.

AgentRed
02-19-2015, 02:23 PM
still no submarines or gambling D:

Angron
02-19-2015, 02:38 PM
the ppl who thinks ayanad library its a GHA or serp, u just didnt even google it,or played alpha, let me enlight you: its just a ******ed big space full of rooms and mobs, THERE IS NO DUNGEON, just grinding rooms all over, ofc dnt expect pvp for the spot on lvl 1 just enjoy beeing the first to attack the mob, the spirit of the carebear, share xp even not in party... srsly go F urself, lucky for everybody we still have the 30/150 honor arenas where true warriors can measure themselves ....... ........ ....... imo make lvl 55 in a hit like wow... and close this game after a month.

n0xi0us
02-19-2015, 02:38 PM
My favorite whine coming from pvp not being enabled specifically in the library itself is how there is no reward for pvp'ing.. which kinda makes it seem like you want to be rewarded for breathing, as breathing is a part of living after all!

See what I did there? That leap makes about as much sense over "no pvp worth doing" or "gimme rewards for ganking the weakest people around trolololo.. no? Game is completely devoid of pvp!". For the record, I roll in zones in peace or war, doesn't bother me none.. and do I do pvp because I want to get rewarded AND be able to toss off on some ♥♥♥♥♥♥ who is just annoying the hell out of me? The fact that I *can* do it outside of a couple hours a day is great for me.

Hasla always hitting peace is because you get zergs of geared people rolling on people who are trying to get their gear set up. Absolutely part of the game, but hell, its nice to get a break from the mindlessness once in a while. Oh, and before the "get geared" thing gets slung my way, I have an Ayanad ready bow for when the library releases as well as mag+ armor.

TL;DR (you lazy bastard if you need this!): PVP itself being touted as "competitive" should be reward enough. Tons of ways to get honor, always zones on the way to or AT war, the open seas and the like.. a zone or two makes not a whole game being devoid of PVP because you can't roflstomp people for easy/lazy rewards. Git gud, y'all.

HannaMontana
02-19-2015, 03:04 PM
cant wait to grief carebears by out tagging and out damaging their mobs

Barb
02-19-2015, 03:10 PM
Is all this for groups only, or is there some individual content coming out?

And will there be any decent (as in not lewd) armor for female mages?

Ginsu
02-19-2015, 03:22 PM
The lack of PvP will allow the most geared to monopolize even easier. Have you seen Hasla during peace? Try getting a mob unless you're geared up, even 2 ppl with decent gear and KS a full party in Hasla very easily. The ability to group up and push opponents out of the zone affords even the undergeared players a chance to grind, by disallowing PvP you are ensuring the p2w players always have the edge.

Witchbell
02-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Seriously for everyone complaining about no pvp in the library you all can go ♥♥♥♥ yourselves. If you given the idea any thought you can clearly see that doing so would leave a lot of room for abuse. The best geared players would kick the lesser geared players out. Zerg guilds with hundreds of players would monopolize the area and control as well as sell any items from there on the AH for insane prices. Its not a matter of catering for Carebears. Enabling PVP will cause more harm than good. For example in my server Enla the nuian guild Legacy owns all the current castles in Auroria. Not only are the east screwed but I hear Legacy is pretty oppressive to their own faction's guilds. If Auroria was pvp enabled that guild would push everyone out but their guild and their allies. The library is a dungeon and should be treated as such. I hope that its an instanced dungeon but even if its not, I would rather it be a free farming area rather than it being constantly farmed and protected by high geared, zerg guilds.

Moose Wayne
02-19-2015, 03:35 PM
The worst you can do in a peace zone farm fest area is hope you can either outtag or outDPS the guys you want to troll. And honestly, farming Hasla is boring enough. I can't imagine a guild doing nothing but farming for the sole purpose of stealing loot from other people trying to farm too

Nickers
02-19-2015, 03:36 PM
So much hate in this threat, lol...

I don't care either way really, it's just going to flop like Auroria did... remember that cluster ♥♥♥?

GG Trion

Durdles
02-19-2015, 03:45 PM
I don't care.

HoboGames
02-19-2015, 04:12 PM
Simple fix: Make it a PvP zone during the weekdays and make it a safe zone during the weekends. /endthread

check
02-19-2015, 04:20 PM

lmao go fk yourself you fking p2w noob. SPEND MORE MONEY FOR GOLD BUYING NOOB

LoginIsBroken
02-19-2015, 04:26 PM
Anyone with half a brain KNOWS full well that if the library has open PVP, - as someone commented earlier, the geared up players will get better geared, and all of the best mats, etc and then they will just grief and prevent everyone else who is NOT as well geared -- from getting better geared, and being able to then be competitive - ... it's the "great divide" - kind of like, "the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer." Not only THAT, but anything that drops in the library that is not bound, - then THOSE people will be able to corner the market and sell what they don't need for insanely high prices. THIS most certainly is NOT the answer. You wanna PVP? then stop sitting on your butts and blockading and greifing your own faction, and GO KILL some reds- bc u guys are usually the ones I hear whining and crying about the lack of PVP. Oh wait! I Forgot, you all have alliances with the opposite factions - so u don't kill most of them - JUST your OWN faction.... that's some real "honor" there!:mad:

Exactly. You summed it up perfectly.

check
02-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Simple fix: Make it a PvP zone during the weekdays and make it a safe zone during the weekends. /endthread

No, safezone all the days of your life. Until everyone gets their gear and can compete, now the real skills and real pvp pro players can play and rekt you noob p2w players. Archeage can then be stop being called a pay to win game.

Angron
02-19-2015, 04:48 PM
Hoping you all know it was ment to have pvp passed the first floor, korean ♥♥♥♥ you know?the ones dessigning the game?

Angron
02-19-2015, 05:26 PM
XDDDD really i cant stop laughing you are a master comedian

Vitalicks
02-19-2015, 07:48 PM
So its not going to be a PVP area full of a bunch of unskilled highg€ared player$? (edit)

Tammuz
02-19-2015, 08:09 PM
No, the Dark Tear costumes will not have stats.

:(

any update on when these "normalizations" that you all know are universally hated are gonna get reversed?

thanks for answering at least... although other than a giant grind instance not really sure how fun library is gonna be... no costume farm, and no pvp now... coulda made level 3 pvp at least... the 0 pvp stance may be the final blow to players who are already bored with grinding... if i want to grind gear for the sole purpose of grinding more gear, why am I not just playing a PvE game like WoW?

Tammuz
02-19-2015, 08:16 PM
No, safezone all the days of your life. Until everyone gets their gear and can compete, now the real skills and real pvp pro players can play and rekt you noob p2w players. Archeage can then be stop being called a pay to win game.

no pvp now, its just "Grindage" from now on...

and all the "real pvp pro" players likely quitting for GW2 expansion when it comes out sadly if they havent already...

Aros
02-19-2015, 08:16 PM
The amount of carebears in this thread is shocking.

Bunnyleptic
02-19-2015, 08:46 PM
The amount of carebears in this thread is shocking.

Define carebear?

Witchbell
02-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Define carebear?

All the PvP fanatics call anyone who doesn't want open pvp in all areas of the map Carebears. All they want is the satisfaction of stomping people who are less equipped and gloat on faction chat to give their E-lives some meaning.

kirklestat
02-19-2015, 11:25 PM
it's been a week now. where is the promised update?

Angron
02-20-2015, 02:53 AM
lol GW2 and pro pvp in the same sentence, my eyes hurtzzzzzz

Aros
02-20-2015, 03:15 AM
All the PvP fanatics call anyone who doesn't want open pvp in all areas of the map Carebears. All they want is the satisfaction of stomping people who are less equipped and gloat on faction chat to give their E-lives some meaning.

Why would you even play this game if there were no PvP`?

Witchbell
02-20-2015, 05:15 AM
Why would you even play this game if there were no PvP`?

Archeage is a sandbox game. The main feature of the game is the ability to journey across the world and basically do anything you wish. Unlike other games where you just see lovely landscapes beyond an invisible wall, Archeage doesn't have such walls. Housing, farming, gliding to high up areas, deep sea diving, using crates to build crazy ♥♥♥♥, harpooning an airship for a ride and etc. Basically there are many different things to do in this game other than pvp. This is why i just laugh when people say its a pvp game. The game doesn't promote pvp, it enables open pvp in certain areas of the game. I'll give you an example, if a store manager puts a sale on a certain brand of soda as buy one get two free. Of course people are going to purchase it if they love that type of soda but there are also other sodas within the store that appeal to other people. What i'm saying is that this is a game that can appeal to many different styles of play. People who enjoy a variety of different types of game could find the same enjoyment out of archeage. Not everyone plays MMOs for the PvP and most MMOs don't allow you do anything else other than grind the best gear for PvP.

If you only care about pvp you won't find an intoxicating amount of it here. Archeage is like a cake where each slice has a different flavor. PvP is only worth about 2 slices.

Mond
02-20-2015, 05:27 AM
well said !

there is enough pvp in other places...

Archeage is a sandbox game. The main feature of the game is the ability to journey across the world and basically do anything you wish. Unlike other games where you just see lovely landscapes beyond an invisible wall, Archeage doesn't have such walls. Housing, farming, gliding to high up areas, deep sea diving, using crates to build crazy ♥♥♥♥, harpooning an airship for a ride and etc. Basically there are many different things to do in this game other than pvp. This is why i just laugh when people say its a pvp game. The game doesn't promote pvp, it enables open pvp in certain areas of the game. I'll give you an example, if a store manager puts a sale on a certain brand of soda as buy one get two free. Of course people are going to purchase it if they love that type of soda but there are also other sodas within the store that appeal to other people. What i'm saying is that this is a game that can appeal to many different styles of play. People who enjoy a variety of different types of game could find the same enjoyment out of archeage. Not everyone plays MMOs for the PvP and most MMOs don't allow you do anything else other than grind the best gear for PvP.

If you only care about pvp you won't find an intoxicating amount of it here. Archeage is like a cake where each slice has a different flavor. PvP is only worth about 2 slices.

Vitalicks
02-20-2015, 06:07 AM

To me ArcheAge is not a game focused on both PVP and PVE. What makes ArcheAge a great game isn't open areas where you can PVP or because it's crafting system is great for people who like to farm, etc. What makes ArcheAge a unique game is exactly what you mentioned, it's the ability to explore everything, see everything from up close, no rules, no limits, nothing.

Enabling PVP in areas where players need to gear up, will only just attract guilds of people that just need recognition to feel good with themselves, you know, people who fight players that are 15 levels under and the like.

On my server, i more often have to deal with my own faction than with the enemy faction. Since theres no penalty at all, or at least not good enough, people just outnumber you and easily kill you, only to claim that they are better than everyone else. I don't like to play ArcheAge and not have fun because of those people. Having no PVP in the Library will mean, that players who wont be doing any crafting will finally be able to catch up with players that everyone knows they have amazing gear due to, bots, being old players, for selling Apex, even hacks. I've read forum posts on forums about people who say proudly that they bot since Alpha for example, which is quite sad.

So enabling those players to catch up is scaring the people with personal issues or lack of recognition or insecurity, or whatever issue it is that they have that makes them want to easily kill a player for no apparent reason in a totally unfair situation, just to make themselves feel better. I don't want to be the guy who's just saying the game is p2w, or if you pay the advantage you get is way too big compared to the f2p aspect of the game and what a player can do in general, but there is a huge difference. Games like these only get better for the player who pays for example, when a market goes wrong, prices go insanely high, etc. etc. So enabling f2p or casual or even pro players who actually play the game for the game because the game offers a lot of things, balanced or unbalanced that's another matter, to get better gear more easily is a great thing, it will balance PVP a lot more, it will enable players to catch up quickly or faster and be able to enjoy the game to its full extent in a more balanced/skillfull way.

I'm not a PVP'er or a PVE'er or a RolePlayer. I'm a player who wants to enjoy the game and doesn't want to deal with people that claim skills when the opponent is just being outgeared, and i don't cry if I lose, i cry because most overgeared players claim they are good when its just the gear and the unbalancing speaking for itself.

I'm playing ArcheAge for what it is, a great game with great exploration feeling, great map, amazing landscapes, etc. I don't say no to PVP and i really like it, but i would like to have it more balanced. I don't play Archeage to win, or to kill or to even troll others for my personal enjoyment. I play ArcheAge for its world, its players and the joy that it is to be part of it. I respect anyone who disagrees, however i expect the same from anyone who does.

Everyone who is complaining about the library, is just afraid that other people will get to their level of gear, which as a f2p you'll simply never get there as quick as you'd want.

So seriously, stop complaining about it, PVP is better if the game is more balanced, this is just the 1st step towards a more equal gameplay for both parts. So i thank Trion for that.

I'm a F2P player myself and I play more than i should and its still not enough.

So Trion, thank you for a great decision.

Marcilla
02-20-2015, 06:41 AM

Thumbs up for this! ..Best AA description I've read <3

joeydtx
02-20-2015, 06:48 AM
Anyone have a link or screens of what the Dark tear costumes look like?

Kurve
02-20-2015, 10:15 AM
Hoping you all know it was ment to have pvp passed the first floor, korean ♥♥♥♥ you know?the ones dessigning the game?

Korean version the entire zone (outside and inside library) is 100% peace. In RU it was changed to be pvp after the first? floor. In NA it will be pvp outside the library (idk why tbh).

But the original zone design was 100% peace, and it was what we had in alpha. What we will be getting has more pvp enabled than the Korean version.

Angron
02-20-2015, 10:24 AM
Korean version the entire zone (outside and inside library) is 100% peace. In RU it was changed to be pvp after the first? floor. In NA it will be pvp outside the library (idk why tbh).

But the original zone design was 100% peace, and it was what we had in alpha. What we will be getting has more pvp enabled than the Korean version.

sry u never reached lvl 2 of ayanad library on the alpha like nobodyelse, in korean: pvp when u pass the 1st floor, and theres no pvp outside, peace zone, btw never seen your dick so no1 knows if its that really huge, i mean ... ur deck

Deathie
02-20-2015, 01:18 PM
The Library is the only place you can get pvp in the next update. Noone will ever get out of the library because the best gear is there.
No generally if you make library pve, you make all game pve.
See you in Black Desert.

Witchbell
02-20-2015, 06:31 PM
The Library is the only place you can get pvp in the next update. Noone will ever get out of the library because the best gear is there.
No generally if you make library pve, you make all game pve.
See you in Black Desert.

You clearly haven't put any thought to what you just posted. First, its true that people will spend lots of time in the library to farm mats needed for the best gear but thats the whole point of the library anyway. The library introduces new content and allow people to catch up to others who are already significantly geared from crafting. Second, the library is pve and it suddenly makes the whole game pve? So you're not going to participate in the Halcyona war anymore? You aren't going to stop guilds from bringing multiple merchant ships full of packs to freedich? Castle seiges are going to disappear? All zone are going to be 100% peace?...

You need to calm down and take a minute to think sir. This game already allows so much open pvp. Simply because the newest content is a safe zone doesn't mean pvp will disappear from the game. It doesn't even mean pvp will be less worth it. If anything pvp will be even more dangerous now with the lvl 55 skills and obsidian weapons giving hybrid stats. Things are going to get more interesting.

dashy
02-21-2015, 09:15 AM
and if finally the content 55 + library does not attract players that are already quit, the server merger idea would finally conceivable coz actually eu server are pretty empty ...

Boombardment
02-21-2015, 11:28 AM
http://puu.sh/g6DF3/6d9fbe2137.jpg
I will give you a hint, the zeal tooltip says 75% increase dmg/ healing, the buff says 50.

Moose Wayne
02-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Diamond Shores is giant PvP fest on the PTS last I saw of it.

K0NG
02-21-2015, 03:14 PM
It would be realy nice, if we get the release date not a day before the update.
I did not read the 8 pages, where there some informations from officially site, about the PVP content?
What is with the ayanad armor and weapons are they released too?

Kong - Eanna.

Bunnyleptic
02-23-2015, 02:29 PM

Sadly Aros thinks that this game is only about pvp and calls everybody a "Carebear" if they do not agree with him, and whines about them everyday on faction chat.
He's one of the many people who fail to see the many tastes and different flavor this game has to offer.