PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Livestream: February 20 at 4:30 PM PST

Scapes
02-20-2015, 12:17 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AA_POSE_Glider_ThunderboltAndFeatheredDragon_01_95 2x414.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/02/20/archeage-livestream-february-20-at-430-pm-pst)

Join Lead Producer Victoria "FireCait" Voss, Producer Merv "Khrolan" Lee Kwai, Associate Producer Amanda "Amary" Fry, Marketing Manager Michael "Krazzyr" Lee, and Senior Community Relations Manager Evan "Scapes" Berman on the Trion Worlds Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds) for our first Secrets of Ayanad gameplay livestream!

ArcheAge Livestream
Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
Start Time: Friday, February 20 at 4:30 PM PST (GMT-8)
Duration: 45 minutes

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/02/20/archeage-livestream-february-20-at-430-pm-pst)

Scapes
02-20-2015, 12:20 PM
Please note the different start time for this week's livestream, one hour later than usual. This added prep time allows us to set up for tackling (or attempting) the Ayanad Library as a group.

Zeraphiel
02-20-2015, 12:27 PM
1. Handle With Care: This necklace does not appear to follow the description. It does Proc the occasional lightning strike, but the damage is sporadic. I have not seen any sign of the "+100% attack" which should be triggering. Is this a translation error or a coding error? What is the intended effect?
2. Jellyfish: What is the purpose of this mob? If you engage, it flees. If you give chase, it leaves attack range. The only thing this mob accomplishes in its current form is prohibiting ocean exploration.
3. Any plans on restoring Nui's Tears? I understand the need to prevent bots from exploiting such things, but is it worth diminishing the enjoyment of your player base?
4. What are the underlying mechanics behind “Loot Drop?” Does it only affect the person physically looting the object? Does it stack in a party? Are the buffs additive or multiplicative?

sSaSs
02-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Please note the different start time for this week's livestream, one hour later than usual. This added prep time allows us to set up for tackling (or attempting) the Ayanad Library as a group.

library with the scroll or not ?

Myssy
02-20-2015, 01:04 PM

great and another livestream where the european members have to be awake through the night or dont get the chance to see it live and a chance for questions or giveaways....

Offski
02-20-2015, 01:05 PM
3 questions

1.Is there any way to make healers auto bloodlust when they heal a bloodlusted player or be unable to heal bloodlusted players unless bloodlusted themselves, the current system is a bit ludicrous.

2.Also can the rewards from honor be looked at, especially the 10 day duration on cloaks (45 days would be alot fairer), some classes can cc someone until someone is dead which makes the cloaks essential to most forms of pvp. At present a lot of people are having to do pve dungeons to get essential items, such as the ring, surely the items required for the ring should be available to people who want to focus on pvp rather than sit in serpentis for hours on end.

3.Finally although I doubt this will happen, could you reduce the honor from rifts, I feel the honor reward from a rift far outways the effort put in, when compared to what is received in war zones. This means a large proportion of the player base do not have to pvp to get the pvp reward honor. Ultimately this has lead to empty war zones, and a complete lack of pvp between factions. An example is that once halcyona is over few remain to fight. I believe I am on the second largest server in EU yet most nights there are simply no fights to be found. So please make people earn there honor, not complete a pve event to get the reward.

Please also put a link to the recording of the livestream on the forums for us Europeans, thank you.

Leila
02-20-2015, 01:08 PM
what about marriage system! ?:p

Faker
02-20-2015, 01:14 PM
1. After the 55 Patch, will the bug/glitch with Red Dragon Fight be fixed? (Does 100% True Damage).
2. Also will the Timescrap Scrolls to summon the boss Calamatis Vyrova be fixed anyime soon?

Infraction
02-20-2015, 01:19 PM
great and another livestream where the european members have to be awake through the night or dont get the chance to see it live and a chance for questions or giveaways....

You don't miss much really they typically skirt around any direct questions and only talk up their marketplace for the most part.

Godriconian
02-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Question: I noticed there will be ship customiztion for 1.7 however i was wondering if we will be able to customize gazebo's later at some point . I would love to have the gazeebo umbrella be like a giant jack'o' lantern or Christmas tree maybe a topiary

jdjdjd
02-20-2015, 01:55 PM
AFK blockades

Actively blocking trade routes is part of the game. But being able to blockade while afk should not be happening. Someone who is afk should have zero affect on the game play of people who are actively playing. Are there any plans to address this?

Scapes
02-20-2015, 01:57 PM
AFK blockades

Actively blocking trade routes is part of the game. But being able to blockade while afk should not be happening. Someone who is afk should have zero affect on the game play of people who are actively playing. Are there any plans to address this?

We addressed this in the previous livestream: AFK blockades are permitted and there are a number of methods of circumventing them, also permitted.

Scapes
02-20-2015, 01:58 PM

We have to work with the times that the team is available to do the livestream. This particular one requires more prep time than usual, hence the later start time.

That said, we'll return to a more EU-accessible time with next week's livestream.

Kaios
02-20-2015, 02:02 PM

4:30 PM PST is 12:30 AM GMT, do you really have a problem staying up this late on a Friday evening/Saturday morning? How do you consider being awake an hour or two past midnight as being "awake through the night?" And if you happen to work on a Saturday that is rather unfortunate as well, but you could always try taking a quick nap earlier in the day to help with this. I would rather them allow for more time for players to get home from work to catch a live stream rather than start it earlier just so you don't lose a little sleep on a Friday.

Aquaman
02-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Artistry really need a song book to place sheets of music in im carrying around 50 songs not fun no room for more!! and at max lvl would also like songs to be more then 1000 long like 6000 would be really good and any news on skill titles not in game?

Guizmo
02-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Can you unbind all plushies ? Because I try to have the largest collection but it's hard, if you can't do exchanges. Thanks My Collection ! (https://imgur.com/a/uFVa4#0)

Tammuz
02-20-2015, 02:29 PM
1. update on reversing normalizations for gliders, mounts, costumes?
2. Red dragon fix?
3. vyrava fix? (his drop needed for some of the library weapons)

Jinsky
02-20-2015, 03:17 PM
Questions:
1. Any chance you could put in a trade in ticket for cars? It's not so much converting cars, but trading them in like you would with a car dealership.
2. Will there be any updates to what vocation badges can buy? They have become pretty useless aside from chum, lures, and shatigon's blessings. If you don't want to put designs due to normalizations, maybe put regrade charms or points or even archeum. This would make having land viable again, as farming, gathering and logging would be primary sources of getting badges.
3. When will the "Play festival music" skill from the icekissed costume be disabled? If not, can it be put to the last skill when on a glider just like how it is when you are in a car?

HelpOllo
02-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Please address the rumors of the Flying Clipper (able to traverse both land and sea) being brought in 1.7. Korea got it at level 55...will we also get the Flying Clipper in 1.7?

mjc
02-20-2015, 03:53 PM
any chance of expanding the amount of characters that can be in a family?

AshianaSnapDragon
02-20-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm curious as to why you can't dye most armor, and the color choices are so limited? People love to be unique so multiple dye channels and more than a few armor designs would be better for sales. Nobody likes to be a cookie cutter character....well most players don't.

I know plenty of gaming buddies that have quit AA due to the severe P2W model, then I look at GW2 and the only items in the cash shop are vanity items, and they are doing quite well.

Please put in better costumes, more choices, and a plethora of color (so tired of dull green, black, and brown blood red). The outfits today....not so much (Halloween recolored?). The salsa dancer outfit would be a much more appreciated ( and therefore bought) choice.

Frasty
02-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Is there any chance on making it so that everyone in 5v5 arenas speak the same language? It's kind of annoying being matched with a group from the opposing faction and not being able to understand what they are typing in chat.

Also, any chance we can get something to hold out sheets of music in? I really wish i could carry my 50 songs without having them take up half my inventory

junweizhu
02-20-2015, 04:28 PM
I've been wondering about healers. Good healers need to spend lots of money on mana potions to keep up with healing the tank, far more than the other members of the team needs. Will there be some sort of changes in healers mana consumption so as to help them sustain the use of healing spells?

Trixologist
02-20-2015, 04:31 PM
Can you guys address or acknowledge current issues with Custom Crests?

It'd be nice to know what is going on. The problems range from seeing the wrong crests, to seeing no crests and exists in different flavors across different players.

Background info can be found in this thread (additional threads listed at the bottom of the original post)
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?165296-Existing-Custom-Crests-No-Longer-Displaying-on-Items&p=1505974#post1505974

Also, what happened to the Known Issues thread? Can you create a new one for this year or monthly?
TIA

Ulfnaor
02-20-2015, 04:35 PM
@Scapes: did you take note of today's livestream thread for questions? http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?165169-Question-s-for-Live-Stream-2-20-2015

If not, here's the questions I felt like asking:
1)When do you plan on doing summaries of the past livestreams so people can easily find the information you gave out and stop asking the same questions?

2)Would you consider changing some of the crime/infamy values? To me, it doesn't make sense that stealing a potato gives you 3 points while assaulting someone gives you 1. I don't know how it is on other servers but Ollo is filled with pk'ing guilds on both sides, largely because there is little consequence to assaulting another player of your faction. Would you consider changing it to 5 so actions carry consequences?

3)I think one of the main reasons why commerce towards Freedich has died down (not entirely but A LOT) is because there is few new players and the old players don't have that much of a use for gilda stars anymore. Since launch, there hasn't been a lot of new commodities at Mirage. Is there any plan to add more, outside of the Timber Coupe? It doesn't necessarily have to be really valuable stuff.

4)For guilds, one of the fun parts of the game is to work together towards certain goals. For several guilds, building their own Fellowship Plazas was one of these goals. Do you plan on introducing expensive buildings that benefits entire guilds, regions or even factions?

5)When are the Auroria Fellowship packs coming? We know they exist in Korea.

6)One of the stated goals of Auroria was for a lot of PvP to happen there. Needless to say, it has failed. Would you be open to switching certain Auroria areas to war (not like Sunspeck sea but maybe like Halcyona, aka war for 1h20 every 4 hours). Honour points go a long way towards populating PvP areas.

7)Any ETA on more guild features ingame? Like a Message of the Day (MotD), a guild-based bank, mailbox, etc.?

8)Any idea if improvements to the mailbox are on their way? Not being able to C.C messages to multiple targets or not being able to send messages to your whole guild at once is one of the most irritating thing in the game.

Tricorn
02-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Exploration Rewards!

Give it back to us! (Change the Nui Tears rewards to more gold or something that doesn't endanger the economy!)

Also, get XL Games to make a Exploration Log for us explorers!

Give us explorers some love!

Come on!

draciele
02-20-2015, 05:00 PM
3 questions

1.Is there any way to make healers auto bloodlust when they heal a bloodlusted player or be unable to heal bloodlusted players unless bloodlusted themselves, the current system is a bit ludicrous.

2.Also can the rewards from honor be looked at, especially the 10 day duration on cloaks (45 days would be alot fairer), some classes can cc someone until someone is dead which makes the cloaks essential to most forms of pvp. At present a lot of people are having to do pve dungeons to get essential items, such as the ring, surely the items required for the ring should be available to people who want to focus on pvp rather than sit in serpentis for hours on end.

3.Finally although I doubt this will happen, could you reduce the honor from rifts, I feel the honor reward from a rift far outways the effort put in, when compared to what is received in war zones. This means a large proportion of the player base do not have to pvp to get the pvp reward honor. Ultimately this has lead to empty war zones, and a complete lack of pvp between factions. An example is that once halcyona is over few remain to fight. I believe I am on the second largest server in EU yet most nights there are simply no fights to be found. So please make people earn there honor, not complete a pve event to get the reward.

Please also put a link to the recording of the livestream on the forums for us Europeans, thank you.

to answer your number 3, the honor from cr/gr has already been nerfed HARD. they only give 500 honor now. they used to give 1500.further nerfing is not required, otherwise some people are forced to do arenas, and arenas were never supposed to be the main source of honor

Rhime
02-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Here's one description of the Library I dug up at Massively.OP..
"It's basically just a square instance with a bunch of book shelves separating out giant grind rooms for you to grind XP in 100% separated out from the other faction and no PvP what so ever."
"I wish I was joking, but it's like, "Here's a box to grind in.""

This should be good lol...

Jara
02-20-2015, 05:21 PM
umm, is the twitch site down or is it just me?

mattmanlex
02-20-2015, 05:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yqbxoz6.jpg

I love the guild name

so good

balderdash
02-20-2015, 05:36 PM
down for me too

Zos
02-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Are pets/mounts going to be "non collision" in Library?

Nomi
02-21-2015, 09:52 AM
@Scapes, @FireCait, @Amary, @Krazzyr, @Khrolan:

During this past Live Stream, Trion made it clear that if you are to buy money it was through them. Fine, its a business model. However how are players to buy anything with the way over-active "Fraud Protection" that is reviewing nearly every purchase made and cancelling purchases for no good reason?

The fraud protection / review needs a serious review and hopefully a major nerf bat. Otherwise why should players bother to fund ArcheAge and Trion Worlds, if payment is this much of a hassle?

Geneji
02-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Sir, Ma'am. Why I cannot play the Archeage Public Test? should I need to have a client either NA or Europe and having a character, for me to able play the Public Test? Thanks, Your reply much appreciated :)

Sidious
02-22-2015, 02:40 PM
@Scapes, @FireCait, @Amary, @Krazzyr, @Khrolan:

During this past Live Stream, Trion made it clear that if you are to buy money it was through them. Fine, its a business model. However how are players to buy anything with the way over-active "Fraud Protection" that is reviewing nearly every purchase made and cancelling purchases for no good reason?

The fraud protection / review needs a serious review and hopefully a major nerf bat. Otherwise why should players bother to fund ArcheAge and Trion Worlds, if payment is this much of a hassle?
BUMP! Trino! I want to feed you my paycheck but you make it so damn hard

Also, please put taxes at the general merchant and make trade packs value cap higher. When the market inflates, trade pack running becomes so unprofitable none does it anymore. Trade packs need to match market conditions.

LavendrGooms
02-22-2015, 07:33 PM
When am I getting my dolphin?

Scapes
02-23-2015, 03:49 PM
@Scapes: did you take note of today's livestream thread for questions?

No, as this past Friday's livestream was a demonstration of the Secrets of Ayanad PTS build and wasn't going to allow for much time to answer questions. This coming Friday's livestream is a Q&A one and we will harvest questions from that thread and this one.

Scapes
02-23-2015, 03:57 PM
how are players to buy anything with the way over-active "Fraud Protection" that is reviewing nearly every purchase made and cancelling purchases for no good reason?

BUMP! Trino! I want to feed you my paycheck but you make it so damn hard

Our payment system's fraud protection is in place to keep our players safe. That said, be sure to reach out to our Support Team to temporarily whitelist your purchase details if you plan to make a large number of purchases.

Scapes
02-23-2015, 03:58 PM
When am I getting my dolphin?

Be sure to check your Twitch inbox for follow-up to Friday's giveaway.

Scapes
02-23-2015, 03:58 PM
Are pets/mounts going to be "non collision" in Library?

No, mounts do collide in the Library.

BL4
02-23-2015, 06:05 PM
supposed today ... the last day for divine gift or not

Nirvii
02-23-2015, 07:57 PM
No, as this past Friday's livestream was a demonstration of the Secrets of Ayanad PTS build and wasn't going to allow for much time to answer questions. This coming Friday's livestream is a Q&A one and we will harvest questions from that thread and this one.
-ANY FEEDBACK FOR CASTLE SIEGE IMBALANCE
Already passed my vid to Khloran. It's been another months passed without a single feedback given back nor ETA. Everybody is already give up on this, and the server situation look very stale at the moment with fewer and fewer players. Lv55 Patch will not help the game, if you still have crappy siege mechanism that doesn't promote the real end game pvp.

Tarpas
02-23-2015, 10:34 PM
Our payment system's fraud protection is in place to keep our players safe. That said, be sure to reach out to our Support Team to temporarily whitelist your purchase details if you plan to make a large number of purchases.

That support team will not budge, is my experience, even though both my credit card companies tell me that authorization requests from Trion have been successful and then canceled, by Trion.... It's clearly not for my benefit! The why remains a mystery, but is clearly on Trion's end, and not the credit card companies'. I find it offensive that Trion gives the impression that I am an untrustworthy or fraudulent customer. If they want to do that, fine, but to do that en masse for most of the player base (maybe only those from outside of the USA?) has cost and will cost them a lot of money.

No one from your team has mentioned 'white listing' to me... so would I even bother? I've never seen a company treat my credit cards this way... ever.

What is quite funny though: I had a purchase go through 'an alternative payment route' which was refused by Trion's employees, but it went through 'the alternative payment route' without a hitch...... How is that even possible?

Nomi
02-24-2015, 10:21 AM

I did have a pleasant conversation with Technical Support over the weekend and I was told "Sorry but the system is in place and nothing we can do". So while a white list might be an option, it seems not everyone at Trion got the memo. Again it might be a good time to look at why things are being flagged and so often. I've made purchases since Alpha and using the exact same payment method. I spoke with my Bank and the issue appears to be with Trion's billing/fraud system.

GokouZWAR
02-24-2015, 01:01 PM
That support team will not budge, is my experience, even though both my credit card companies tell me that authorization requests from Trion have been successful and then canceled, by Trion.... It's clearly not for my benefit! The why remains a mystery, but is clearly on Trion's end, and not the credit card companies'. I find it offensive that Trion gives the impression that I am an untrustworthy or fraudulent customer. If they want to do that, fine, but to do that en masse for most of the player base (maybe only those from outside of the USA?) has cost and will cost them a lot of money.

No one from your team has mentioned 'white listing' to me... so would I even bother? I've never seen a company treat my credit cards this way... ever.

What is quite funny though: I had a purchase go through 'an alternative payment route' which was refused by Trion's employees, but it went through 'the alternative payment route' without a hitch...... How is that even possible?

Try funding a paypal account instead and get that whitelisted. There's ways around it. He gave you suggestions follow them or don't.

GokouZWAR
02-24-2015, 01:03 PM
I did have a pleasant conversation with Technical Support over the weekend and I was told "Sorry but the system is in place and nothing we can do". So while a white list might be an option, it seems not everyone at Trion got the memo. Again it might be a good time to look at why things are being flagged and so often. I've made purchases since Alpha and using the exact same payment method. I spoke with my Bank and the issue appears to be with Trion's billing/fraud system.

You quit paying them they'll quit making money off you and they'll either fix it or they'll lose out. This isn't the thread to complain about fraud protection.

Tarpas
02-24-2015, 02:24 PM
Try funding a paypal account instead and get that whitelisted. There's ways around it. He gave you suggestions follow them or don't.

The alternative route I mentioned was actually a paypal account, the transaction went through instantly, but later I received an email from Trion saying that they refused it.... go figure that one out.

The suggestions that are given to fix the problem, e.g. check whether there is enough credit available, whether data entered are correct etc., are not helpful when everything has been checked again and again... and is in good order... like I wrote: the transactions are all authorized by both my credit card companies - and Trion does 2 authorizations per transaction - god knows why... - and when my purchases are authorized, Trion cancels the orders and tells me 'something is not ok'... but everything is ok... because the credit companies receive each and every request from Trion for authorization... and approve them (at one point I had 11 authorized transactions showing, but no actual purchase...) if there were mistakes or if there was not enough credit, the CC companies wouldn't authorize the transactions... baffles me.... no GM has ever said anything about 'whitelisting' - either it's like Nomi said earlier, not everyone got the memo.

Both my CC companies tell me that there is no reason why Trion should cancel my orders. Here on these forums I see that I am by far not alone. Until I can use my CC, I will make no further purchases, even though the paypal route works. However, the US/Can$ exchange rate is much worse for me than with either of my CC, so maybe that's why Trion refuses my CC - because they make less money? Makes no difference to me, no more purchases will be started from my end.

Funny how you want to tell Nomi what can be addressed in this thread - fraud protection was addressed in the Livestream. Therefore we can address it here as well.

Daekroth
02-24-2015, 06:48 PM
Already passed my vid to Khloran. It's been another months passed without a single feedback given back nor ETA. Everybody is already give up on this, and the server situation look very stale at the moment with fewer and fewer players. Lv55 Patch will not help the game, if you still have crappy siege mechanism that doesn't promote the real end game pvp.

It's not unbalanced, just get every participant a tank. 40 as a minimum. It's completely balanced. The only complaint about sieges i can give is that they were launched prematurely.

Tobistalker
02-24-2015, 10:44 PM
Will there be any changes so that you can't despawn your vehicles via going into arena? it affects pvp against pirates as they spawn so close to a arena manager :(

Nirvii
02-24-2015, 11:40 PM
It's not unbalanced, just get every participant a tank. 40 as a minimum. It's completely balanced. The only complaint about sieges i can give is that they were launched prematurely.
Show me the video of the success siege that you think is fair. So far, none. I had watched all of those claimed success siege, the only success siege so far was the defenders have totally have no clue what to do, not enough 70ppl, not planting stupid houses around, not using anti glider skills, not using good castle design to hide gatehouse, not using enough stealth archers, not using guildhall as advantage point,etc.

I had a vid pointed out everything. It been sent directly to the producer and he acknowledged it and watched. There is no point for me to explain here redundantly. (Cos everyone was already done this in the Castle siege thread down below in this forum section, go read those feedback yourself)