PDA

View Full Version : I can see my house from here...

Khrolan
02-20-2015, 01:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/n1ouqb6.jpg

www.twitch.tv/trionworlds @ 4:30 PM PST

-Khro

Inanis
02-20-2015, 01:54 PM
so this fixes cart blockades.... how? (road/npc blocks)

ram1024
02-20-2015, 01:57 PM
so this fixes cart blockades.... how? (road/npc blocks)

it fixed it on MY server! TY Khro!

Khrolan
02-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Sure, why not. There have been plenty of posts/streams where we talk about our stance on blockading. However, blocking NPCs with vehicles is something we condemn and that stance has also been made public for quite some time now. I just witnessed an internal message to customer support about actioning an instance of this that's happening on live right now.

-Khro

Xollo
02-20-2015, 02:01 PM
It's good to be a producer!

Rahvin
02-20-2015, 02:03 PM
It's good to be a producer!

^ true story

Nephlim
02-20-2015, 02:04 PM
So whats the best way for me to work for Trion so I can skip the rng of this game? The game would be great if I didn't have to poor thounds of gold into a slot machine and get ♥♥♥♥ as a payout.

Inanis
02-20-2015, 02:06 PM
Sure, why not. There have been plenty of posts/streams where we talk about our stance on blockading. However, blocking NPCs with vehicles is something we condemn and that stance has also been made public for quite some time now. I just witnessed an internal message to customer support about actioning an instance of this that's happening on live right now.

-Khro

and the stance on road blocking is still "is "emergent" gameplay, is ok" ?

Khrolan
02-20-2015, 02:14 PM
Our stance on road blocking or "blockading" is that we don't interact with it. We also don't encourage it. Solve it with in-game mechanics however you see fit.

-Khro

Inanis
02-20-2015, 02:21 PM
Our stance on road blocking or "blockading" is that we don't interact with it. We also don't encourage it. Solve it with in-game mechanics however you see fit.

-Khro

so what are the in game mechanics to solve it? can we attack the blockers? is the rider's scape cd low enough we can spam it? can we ride thru the carts? can we even talk with the blockers when they are afk?

cus all im getting from your answer is: "I don't care, deal with it."

LilMcGinley
02-20-2015, 02:22 PM
so what are the in game mechanics to solve it? can we attack the blockers? is the rider's scape cd low enough we can spam it? can we ride thru the carts? can we even talk with the blockers when they are afk?

cus all im getting from your answer is: "I don't care, deal with it.

Bring guildies to spawn a cart on the other side, walk packs over there. Problem solved.

Solariiya
02-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Khrolan - can we expect a future fix on the RNG Dolphin for its' radar?

Corsayr
02-20-2015, 02:23 PM

-Khro

however I see fit.... in game mechanic.... got it.....

where did I put those flowers you never fixed..... :P

Inanis
02-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Bring guildies to spawn a cart on the other side, walk packs over there. Problem solved.

that's less ME dealing with it and more "have others deal with it"

Galix
Khrolan - can we expect a future fix on the RNG Dolphin fix for its' radar?

By making it shorter? :)

Rahvin

Pro-tip: Carts go through water...slowly, but they beat bridge blockades every time. I play exclusively solo and have never once been stopped by a blockade.

LilMcGinley
02-20-2015, 02:25 PM
that's less ME dealing with it and more "have others deal with it"

Are YOU not included in the solution? Or do you want to play this game as a solo player..?

Rahvin
02-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Are YOU not included in the solution? Or do you want to play this game as a solo player..?

Even as a solo player, they can be beaten...see my post above ^

Imperialsun
02-20-2015, 02:26 PM

cus all im getting from your answer is: "I don't care, deal with it.

There are many ways, some more successful than others and those strategies have been discussed in detail in many threads...if you really cared about finding the answers you would be looking those threads up. But we all know you don't care about the answers...you're just all salty because you thought you were being clever but got owned by a red name.

Inanis
02-20-2015, 02:28 PM
But we all know you don't care about the answers...you're just all salty because you thought you were being clever but got owned by a red name.

non sequitur much?

LilMcGinley
02-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Even as a solo player, they can be beaten...see my post above ^

Yeah I saw after I posted. People are too lazy and want Trion to gift ♥♥♥♥ to them..

Crazy Mike
02-20-2015, 02:31 PM
sneaky way to post the livestream, cant wait for more 55 patch info

Inanis
02-20-2015, 02:36 PM
sneaky way to post the livestream, cant wait for more 55 patch info

me game dying anyways, wonder how many months more it got , I hope atleast till june.

Imperialsun
02-20-2015, 02:36 PM
non sequitur much?

I'd say I hit the nail on the head :)

Pwnocchio
02-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Two Words: Dev Hax

ram1024
02-20-2015, 03:05 PM
Pro-tip: Carts go through water...slowly, but they beat bridge blockades every time. I play exclusively solo and have never once been stopped by a blockade.

that's a cool way to get people to spawn carts on either side of you and now you have the added inconvenience of preventing yourself from drowning while sitting on your cart for 30 minutes

very cool

Rahvin
02-20-2015, 03:06 PM
that's a cool way to get people to spawn carts on either side of you and now you have the added inconvenience of preventing yourself from drowning while sitting on your cart for 30 minutes

very cool

If you can't avoid that I really don't know what to tell you.

Veerdin
02-20-2015, 03:10 PM

-Khro

WHAT IN-GAME MECHANICS!?

WE DON'T HAVE ANY ♥♥♥♥ING IN-GAME MECHANICS TO DEAL WITH IT, KHROLAN! THAT'S THE ♥♥♥♥ING PROBLEM

Yeesh, it's nothing but the same ♥♥♥♥ from you guys, over and over.

NoName2341
02-20-2015, 03:23 PM
WHAT IN-GAME MECHANICS!?

WE DON'T HAVE ANY ♥♥♥♥ING IN-GAME MECHANICS TO DEAL WITH IT, KHROLAN! THAT'S THE ♥♥♥♥ING PROBLEM

Yeesh, it's nothing but the same ♥♥♥♥ from you guys, over and over.

How ironic I have come to think the same of you. Plus there are a multitude of ways to 'deal with it' all you need is a guild and if you don't have one by now I'm quite surprised. You can also lead mobs over to the said blockaded and then stealth leaving the blockaded with the aggro of the mobs. Or you could drive through the water to get through a bridge blockade. Or how about you take a different path from my experience as a trader there are and always have been many trade routes throughout the two continents.

On a different note I enjoy the post Khro. I would also like to know if you have a car yet and if you don't do you plan on getting one?

BusterMcKnuckles
02-20-2015, 03:26 PM
I've never once been prevented from completing a trade run by a blockade. Be it by 25+ people attempting to block off entire zone lines or just a handful of people attempting to block a bridge. Having said that, I still think the current stance on AFK blockading is insufficient. If it's an active player attempting to block, I can deal with that and have many times...it's part of the GAMEPLAY. But when someone who is NOT PLAYING can impact people who are actually playing simply by walking away from the computer while parked on a bridge...there needs to be an actual in game mechanic to deal with that character specifically. Not an in game mechanic such as movement that allows you to go another way, a direct action we can perform on those players to move them or steal their vehicle is what is needed.

Rahvin
02-20-2015, 03:30 PM
I've never once been prevented from completing a trade run by a blockade. Be it by 25+ people attempting to block off entire zone lines or just a handful of people attempting to block a bridge. Having said that, I still think the current stance on AFK blockading is insufficient. If it's an active player attempting to block, I can deal with that and have many times...it's part of the GAMEPLAY. But when someone who is NOT PLAYING can impact people who are actually playing simply by walking away from the computer while parked on a bridge...there needs to be an actual in game mechanic to deal with that character specifically. Not an in game mechanic such as movement that allows you to go another way, a direct action we can perform on those players to move them or steal their vehicle is what is needed.

if you're obliquely calling for officially re-instituting the "flower" exploit...all I can say is...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/darkunion/archeage♥♥♥♥edupcat_zpsb18fadaa.png

BusterMcKnuckles
02-20-2015, 03:32 PM
if you're obliquely calling for officially re-instituting the "flower" exploit...all I can say is...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/darkunion/archeage♥♥♥♥edupcat_zpsb18fadaa.png

Uhh no. I was thinking something like...if you flag AFK your vehicle desummons.

Waldo
02-20-2015, 03:39 PM

To much anger is blocking your thoughts. Have a friend on the other side of the blockade spawn a cart and than manually bring your packs to the other side. There are more solutions, but somehow I get the feeling you guys like to complain about it. Guess what, you can't always decide what rules you want in a game. ;-)

Uhh no. I was thinking something like...if you flag AFK your vehicle desummons.
This will open up an other can of worms. We have just got rid of the flower exploit, and now you are suggesting a new exploit.

Yavimaya
02-20-2015, 03:42 PM

-Khro

I.E. If you can get the flower exploit to work still or find a new exploit, use it to your hearts content.

AlteredOrigin
02-20-2015, 03:43 PM
I personally like the idea that other players can do this kind of stuff. It makes it more real to me. It requires you to actually use your brain and interact with the game. I feel like people these days just want to be walked through everything mindlessly. Use your brain and come up with your own ways to do something.

Warhead42
02-20-2015, 03:50 PM

This is both terrifying and awesome.

BusterMcKnuckles
02-20-2015, 04:03 PM
This will open up an other can of worms. We have just got rid of the flower exploit, and now you are suggesting a new exploit.

A can of worms? Please explain how that is an exploit in any way.

ram1024
02-20-2015, 04:25 PM
If you can't avoid that I really don't know what to tell you.

that's the thing. you CAN'T. there IS NO COUNTERPLAY

Ulfnaor
02-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Couple points:

1)I don't know why this thread degenerated into another "stop the afk blockades" thread. Trion have made their stance abundantly clear on it. They don't care. They will not police, nor do a thing about afk blockades. Deal with it.

2)That said, people who come here defending afk blockades, stop it with the lies. Most people aren't complaining about a single lousy cart placed on one isolated bridge. They're complaining about well-organized, multi-layered blockades. If we all want the evil carebears to stop whining about #1, you guys need to stop lying about how blockades can be dodged. Ultimately, blockades are a game of numbers. To dodge a well organized blockade, you need more people than they do. As long as you keep that, you can circumvent a blockade. If you don't, a good blockade squad can permanently block you.

PhoenixrisingLA
02-20-2015, 04:40 PM
If you don't, a good blockade squad can permanently block you.

Blatantly incorrect.

There is exactly 1 spot on the west that requires a friend to help IF they set up the blockade perfectly, which I have experienced exactly one time since launch (TC>Cinderstone gate). That time it took one friend to help 2 haulers pass by.

Expendable
02-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Lower the time on rider's escape to 5 minutes and increase the distance to 40m. Problem solved.

Merax
02-20-2015, 04:56 PM

-Khro

Khro, a little while ago I reported a character blocking an NPC (blocking courthouse entrance with a Farm Hauler) and got the email it was being actioned, yet nothing was done. Checked that night when I got home and the player was still online, doing the same stuff. Image submitted with the ticket showed it very clearly.

Rahvin
02-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Lower the time on rider's escape to 5 minutes and increase the distance to 40m. Problem solved.

As much as I think this blockade stuff is totally overblown...this makes perfect sense and should be really easy to do in terms of coding.

Edit: Even if everyone at Trion and XL were agreed on doing it, however, it would still be quite some time before it made it into the game (see submarine, timber coupe, mirage donkey fix, [also possibly vehicle collision]). Between CivOnline, and whatever their reduced staff is doing RE: KR AA Rus AA and NA/EU AA, ti could be a long wait.

noddy2
02-20-2015, 05:16 PM
www.twitch.tv/trionworlds @ 4:30 PM PST

-Khro

Just popped into to say - that's a nice house.

Now returning you to the usual programming...

Cinnakid
02-20-2015, 05:23 PM
I actually looked at this, realized it was diamond shores and muttered: "That crafty man, Khrolan! Making me so jealous."

feeder
02-20-2015, 05:44 PM
I personally like the idea that other players can do this kind of stuff. It makes it more real to me. It requires you to actually use your brain and interact with the game. I feel like people these days just want to be walked through everything mindlessly. Use your brain and come up with your own ways to do something.
This guy knows whats up!

Be creative people, you always have options or alternatives. Also... in land trade runs are far from the best option to make gold... So yea.

Ulfnaor
02-20-2015, 05:59 PM
Blatantly incorrect.

There is exactly 1 spot on the west that requires a friend to help IF they set up the blockade perfectly, which I have experienced exactly one time since launch (TC>Cinderstone gate). That time it took one friend to help 2 haulers pass by.
You're joking, right?

What I'm saying is this: as long as you have more friends than they have blockaders, you win. If you don't, they win. Or they can make it such a pain that you'll likely abandon. Call your friend, I'll call mine and block you. I can tell you that I can keep you blocked virtually permanently, no matter where you are.

It goes like this:
I block some spot. You get to the blockade, call your friend.
Friend summons his cart on the other side, you start transfering packs.
I call my friend. My friend summons his cart, blocks your friend's cart. If your friend made the mistake of summoning his cart off a road, I can supplement that with avocado saplings too.

Then it's just a game of us blocking your friend's cart and you and your friend moving forward 4-5 ft every few minutes by unloading and re-loading packs on another cart. Rinse and repeat. And that's with a friend. RNGesus forbids one of you ever disconnects too. Sure, I won't technically permanently block you (unless it's a soon-to-be-in-pvp zone) but I'll make it painful enough that you will not want to do commerce ever again.

P.S: Also, there's many other spots you can block. lol.

PhoenixrisingLA
02-20-2015, 06:27 PM
You're joking, right?

What I'm saying is this: as long as you have more friends than they have blockaders, you win. If you don't, they win. Or they can make it such a pain that you'll likely abandon. Call your friend, I'll call mine and block you. I can tell you that I can keep you blocked virtually permanently, no matter where you are.

It goes like this:
I block some spot. You get to the blockade, call your friend.
Friend summons his cart on the other side, you start transfering packs.
I call my friend. My friend summons his cart, blocks your friend's cart. If your friend made the mistake of summoning his cart off a road, I can supplement that with avocado saplings too.

Then it's just a game of us blocking your friend's cart and you and your friend moving forward 4-5 ft every few minutes by unloading and re-loading packs on another cart. Rinse and repeat. And that's with a friend. RNGesus forbids one of you ever disconnects too. Sure, I won't technically permanently block you (unless it's a soon-to-be-in-pvp zone) but I'll make it painful enough that you will not want to do commerce ever again.

P.S: Also, there's many other spots you can block. lol.

This vividly illustrates how little you understand it. The spot i mentioned is the only spot that does not have a work around that does NOT require a friend. Everywhere else has at least 1 way around you can do by yourself.

And 9/10 times you can get through there without a friend too because people dont make the blockade correctly.

Have to have more people?? LOL I've bypassed blockades of 4 haulers at cinder using riders escape.

You can cop out and say there's no way unless you have more, but like I said it's blatantly incorrect.

ram1024
02-21-2015, 05:52 AM
LOL I've bypassed blockades of 4 incompetent people on haulers at cinder using riders escape

fixed that for you

Waldo
02-21-2015, 06:48 AM
A can of worms? Please explain how that is an exploit in any way.
From than on everybody will flag inactive players on carts, so when you are on the phone with someone, bye bye packs. Or maybe you are suggesting that this could only happen to empty carts? It will cost about 2 silver to make an pack and place it in your cart. Guess what, now I'm immune to flagging and an other whine-fest will start and whenever the devs will listen to that will be the end of the game.