PDA

View Full Version : PATCH NOTES: Secrets of Ayanad on PTS 2/2015

Amary
02-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Accounts that have Patron on live servers have received a 10,000 credit grant on PTS. Additionally, credits purchased on live are reflected in your PTS account balances, but spending credits on PTS does not take them from your live wallet.

New Fluffy Command: "/say tell me a secret fluffy!"

KNOWN ISSUE: If you use Borderless Windowed mode or the new invert mouse options on PTS, please disable them before returning to Live servers, as these settings don't exist there and cause a conflict. :)
KNOWN ISSUE: Portals that are supposed to take you to Diamond Shores and were temporarily redirected to Calmlands are still pointing to Calmlands.

= SECRETS OF AYANAD =

* The new zone of Diamond Shores and the Library of Ayanad instanced zones are now available.
* For NA/EU, Diamond Shores is a contested zone that cycles through the war and peace stages. Honor can be earned in Diamond Shores during war. Areas around the Library and the hubs outside are protected similarly to Nui statues.
* The interior of the Library is a no-PvP area.

* The maximum level cap has been increased to 55.
- Experience required:
- 50 to 51: 3,672,000
- 51 to 52: 6,609,600
- 52 to 53: 11,897,280
- 53 to 54: 21,415,104
- 54 to 55: 38,547,187

* A new active skill has been added to each skill tree at 55:
- Battlerage: Behind Enemy Lines
- Witchcraft: Fiend's Knell
- Defense: Fortress
- Auramancy: Mirror Warp
- Occultism: Death's Vengeance
- Archery: Snipe
- Sorcery: God's Whip
- Shadowplay: Throw Dagger
- Songcraft: [Perform] Grief's Cadence
- Vitalism: Whirlwind's Blessing

* All initial 6 tiers of Obsidian weapons can now be crafted, and the materials for these weapons can be obtained through the world.

* Monsters in Sungold Fields and Exeloch that were previously capped to level 50 are now uncapped and drop Obsidian weapon components.

* Library costumes have no stats, come in a single tier, and can be crafted with the following components:
- 100 Ayanad Costume Design Scraps
- 70 Enchanted Skeins
- 50 Disciple's Tears
- 400 Gilda Dust
- 10 Blood Archeum Crystals

GENERAL
* Borderless Windowed Mode is now available under Options > Screen > Screen Mode.
* Inverted Mouse options are now available under Options > Functionality > Scroll down to the bottom of this pane.

* Trade chat is now faction-wide instead of zone specific.

* When placing new property, if you have 2 placed properties with unfinished construction, you will be blocked from placing any more. Fellowship Plazas do not count toward the 2-unbuilt-property limit.

* The proficiency requirements to craft Illustrious through Delphinad gear have been reduced or removed.

* Calamitous Vyrava can now be spawned properly.

* Quest: "Ghost of the Royal Tomb" no longer displays a system string when interacting with the Royal Stone Coffin.
* Quest: "Harves the Cotton" can now be completed properly.
* Quest: "Trouble at the Weeping Mine" can now be completed properly.
* Item: Mirage Donkey: Incorrectly high strafe and backup speeds have been fixed.

Flidaisy
02-20-2015, 07:59 PM
When placing new property, if you have 2 placed properties with unfinished construction, you will be blocked from placing any more.

And there was much rejoicing!!!!!!!1one1

Thank you so very much for this.

Einar
02-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Awesome. Also beside "Tell me a secret Fluffy!" what are other new commands?

JerryBoyle
02-20-2015, 08:09 PM
"The proficiency requirements to craft Illustrious through Delphinad gear have been reduced or removed."
So anybody can craft Delph now?

moowi
02-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Are we not getting experia plants with the 55 patch?

Litvan
02-20-2015, 09:00 PM
If only the launcher would actually bother downloading the pts... -.-

Infraction
02-20-2015, 09:20 PM
"The proficiency requirements to craft Illustrious through Delphinad gear have been reduced or removed."

Sure after they spend months farming archeum to be able to craft through the RNG.

JerryBoyle
02-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Sure after they spend months farming archeum to be able to craft through the RNG.
25k prof for Delph, you'll need 75k for Ayanad.

Moose Wayne
02-20-2015, 10:15 PM
I thought the experience to level to 55 was getting reduced. Or are those the reduced numbers?

Infraction
02-20-2015, 10:31 PM
25k prof for Delph, you'll need 75k for Ayanad.

Great have fun with the RNG just getting to Delph. You are gonna be farming crystals for a year, ive made so many weapons and have had one or two even go to epherium on live. I can deal with one or the other, either limited resources to craft with or RNG but not both any longer.

I actually would like to play the game at some point instead of play Farmville and kill mobs for days on end.

kirklestat
02-20-2015, 10:33 PM
do we see Divine Key drops?

capoeiratr
02-21-2015, 01:04 AM
where is AH shortcut?

Daucus
02-21-2015, 01:30 AM
* The proficiency requirements to craft Illustrious through Delphinad gear have been reduced or removed.
What's the reasoning behind this?

Arialun
02-21-2015, 01:40 AM
What's the reasoning behind this?

To encourage more players to craft gears, I guess.

But with all the insane RNG that comes with crafting, how many are willing to spend their time and resources for it?

Trenjeska
02-21-2015, 02:13 AM
I do not get the rewards for the nui quist for reaching lvl 50 in a skilltree; the reaching of the skilltrees was in arcum iris with the lvl command and with honor growth stones in side the library for all the other classes

Asixel
02-21-2015, 02:20 AM
Hello!

Is the unbuilt-property-limit supposed to be per character or per account?

capoeiratr
02-21-2015, 02:25 AM
There is no content in this patch :@ just coming library :@

Daucus
02-21-2015, 02:49 AM
To encourage more players to craft gears, I guess.

But with all the insane RNG that comes with crafting, how many are willing to spend their time and resources for it?
But it's a colossal "♥♥♥♥ you" to anyone who's bothered to level of a weapon or armor craft.
Who thought this was a good idea?

Is there any chance this change wont make it to the live servers?

Kirah
02-21-2015, 02:54 AM
But it's a colossal "♥♥♥♥ you" to anyone who's bothered to level of a weapon or armor craft.
Who thought this was a good idea?

Is there any chance this change wont make it to the live servers?

If they don't fix purses drop rates, they'll have bigger problems than that :)

LlexX
02-21-2015, 04:31 AM
Yea... let's keep backstabbing our crafters who worked hard to get proficiencies up on a high level... Are you insane?

Please Trino, stop making changes like these!
Fix the archeum droprates instead ingame and stop selling them on CashShop!

Gries
02-21-2015, 04:44 AM
GENERAL
* When placing new property, if you have 2 placed properties with unfinished construction, you will be blocked from placing any more. Fellowship Plazas do not count toward the 2-unbuilt-property limit.

What's going to happen on live servers to the players who currently own 3 or more properties?
Are you going to block taxes or something like?

Arialun
02-21-2015, 04:59 AM
What's going to happen on live servers to the players who currently own 3 or more properties?
Are you going to block taxes or something like?

The game will block you from grabbing another land I guess, making you unable to place any house/farm design. At least that what I interpreted from Amary's post.

bytoa
02-21-2015, 05:01 AM
umm. Those changes are not complete right? We don't get the skills changes like KR? For example evasion pasive in archers from 8 to 10, redoubt takes off trip and so on ?

Unray
02-21-2015, 05:43 AM

I'm againts this change aswell. For those who haven't tested yet, crafting up to magnificent does not require any proficiency, 10k for Epherium, 25k for Delphinad and whopping 75k for Ayanad stuff.

It's a huge back-stab for players that invested time and money for leveling proficiency to make high-end gear.

Myssy
02-21-2015, 05:50 AM
umm. Those changes are not complete right? We don't get the skills changes like KR? For example evasion pasive in archers from 8 to 10, redoubt takes off trip and so on ?

these changes comes with 1.7 not with the SoE update

JerryBoyle
02-21-2015, 08:39 AM
By reducing the prof gates, you just strangle more archeum out of the economy and we didn't have enough to begin with. So for the archeum fix from the stolen library purses, you just made that change irrelevant with the prof gate reduction.

Infraction
02-21-2015, 08:59 AM
By reducing the prof gates, you just strangle more archeum out of the economy and we didn't have enough to begin with. So for the archeum fix from the stolen library purses, you just made that change irrelevant with the prof gate reduction.

There is no fix for archeum fix, library coin purses are not dropping at a higher rate than jesters.

capoeiratr
02-21-2015, 09:39 AM
Why ah not have shortcut?

Infraction
02-21-2015, 09:49 AM
I'm againts this change aswell. For those who haven't tested yet, crafting up to magnificent does not require any proficiency, 10k for Epherium, 25k for Delphinad and whopping 75k for Ayanad stuff.

You still have a massive time sink in farming archeum as its not any better drop rates than live currently.

Tolvat
02-21-2015, 10:08 AM

It was my understanding that the RNG part of this would only apply to Epherium/Delphinad/Aynad.

Is this not the case?

Tolvat
02-21-2015, 10:10 AM

It's a huge back-stab for players that invested time and money for leveling proficiency to make high-end gear.

So there is no longer a RNG compoment to illustrious/Magnificent?

JerryBoyle
02-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Prof reduction does not remove rng in crafting.

Badkitten
02-21-2015, 10:19 AM

There is. I just checked myself on pts. There is the rng component to it still however the proficiency you need to have access to crafting it has been removed for illust/mag. So really we now have 5 level of rng to go through to get a chance of getting something we want and so far no increase in archeum. With prices they way they are right now, eph being 3-5k a piece and delph....lets not even go there..Ayanad will be impossible to craft anyway. They really should remove the rng component to illustrious/magnificent and seriously increase the drop rate of crystals and essences.

Infraction
02-21-2015, 10:39 AM
At this point in the game I think its safe to assume this is what we are stuck with as far as Archeum drop rates are concerned.

They have talked about it since they added 1.2 to alpha and always lead us to believe that the library was going to be some holy grail of making crafting viable again. At this point I cant believe a word they say and its beyond disappointing because this could be a really fun game.

But they suck all of the fun out of it when 90% of your playtime has to involve things that just aren't fun if you want the ability to make weapons and armor. Its impossible to just buy the archeum since its so rare you will lose your ♥♥♥ crafting since the RNG is not in your favor.

Open world pvp is pretty non existant because you have to farm constantly to even see any result of progress towards higher end gear. Then you have everyones favorite problem with gold sellers being as prevelant as they are. Of course people are going to buy gold when epherium level armor is running 3-4k a piece and delph weapons are priced at an insane amount of gold. I agree that those things should be hard to get but they went beyond hard and straight into not fun by including a really absurd drop rate on a common material, a huge RNG gate, and a restriction with labor to how often you can make an attempt at making the gear.

This doesn't even touch on the money sink that is regrades, which would be fine if we weren't all broke from trying to either make or purchase said armor and weapons to regrade. Alchemists aren't making much money because nobody needs a polish when people aren't crafting gear. Nobody needs stabilizers when nobody is making polish for crafters that make gear. Miners lose out with a lack of demand for their materials since people cant afford to craft.

I have a full time job I play games for entertainment not to have a second full time job.

Badkitten
02-21-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm going to have to agree with you infraction. IF this patch goes live as is then it'll be the final nail in the AA coffin. Five levels of rng to plow through is insane and unrealistic with the way things are appearing to be.

Unray
02-21-2015, 11:20 AM
At this point in the game I think its safe to assume this is what we are stuck with as far as Archeum drop rates are concerned.

They have talked about it since they added 1.2 to alpha and always lead us to believe that the library was going to be some holy grail of making crafting viable again. At this point I cant believe a word they say and its beyond disappointing because this could be a really fun game.

But they suck all of the fun out of it when 90% of your playtime has to involve things that just aren't fun if you want the ability to make weapons and armor. Its impossible to just buy the archeum since its so rare you will lose your ♥♥♥ crafting since the RNG is not in your favor.

Open world pvp is pretty non existant because you have to farm constantly to even see any result of progress towards higher end gear. Then you have everyones favorite problem with gold sellers being as prevelant as they are. Of course people are going to buy gold when epherium level armor is running 3-4k a piece and delph weapons are priced at an insane amount of gold. I agree that those things should be hard to get but they went beyond hard and straight into not fun by including a really absurd drop rate on a common material, a huge RNG gate, and a restriction with labor to how often you can make an attempt at making the gear.

This doesn't even touch on the money sink that is regrades, which would be fine if we weren't all broke from trying to either make or purchase said armor and weapons to regrade. Alchemists aren't making much money because nobody needs a polish when people aren't crafting gear. Nobody needs stabilizers when nobody is making polish for crafters that make gear. Miners lose out with a lack of demand for their materials since people cant afford to craft.

I have a full time job I play games for entertainment not to have a second full time job.

+1, have to agree with this.

Boombardment
02-21-2015, 11:31 AM
http://puu.sh/g6DO5/8539864b63.jpg
There is an issue with zeal. The tooltip says 75, the buff says 50.

Tammuz
02-21-2015, 11:31 AM
RNG would be fine, if archeum were fixed to something reasonable... perhaps the 1.7 archeum tree fix?

regardless, weve been trying to get them to fix this since alpha and other than the rumbling archeum saplings addition to the RNG box, archeum prices have continued to stifle the economy to the point where people continue to just give up.

5 levels of RNG would be fine IF theyd fix archeum availability to be close to where it was during the archeum sapling period... would increase importance of trade too and sea conflict as stabilizers became the limiting factor in crafting.

pumpkin
02-21-2015, 01:54 PM

I have a full time job I play games for entertainment not to have a second full time job.+1

10 char hodor

GAFO666
02-21-2015, 03:18 PM
lets see:
"* Library costumes have no stats, come in a single tier, and can be crafted with the following components:
- 100 Ayanad Costume Design Scraps
- 70 Enchanted Skeins
- 50 Disciple's Tears
- 400 Gilda Dust
- 10 Blood Archeum Crystals"

WTF ?! No stats ?! Cant you just do at least 1 cool thing here ?! You should do it like in korea and not like ..... Worst Dev Team ever* !

(*)Definition of "Worst Dev Team ever"
- Costumes have no stats
- lvl 55 -> over 38 million exp WOOT ?!?
- Sorcery (lets just say thousands of lightnings combined with witchcraft and defense trololo)
- You guys realy remove all cool stuff of korea for this version O_o
- Diamondshore a PvP Zone ?! (I love pvp but Pirates have no own traders e.g. fish and now is Diamondshore a PvP zone trololo)

Somehow I feel that all ppl in the Dev Team are Mid 50 and dont even know howto balance a game and they never played any MMO'S trololo -.-

Tolvat
02-21-2015, 03:24 PM
There is. I just checked myself on pts. There is the rng component to it still however the proficiency you need to have access to crafting it has been removed for illust/mag. So really we now have 5 level of rng to go through to get a chance of getting something we want and so far no increase in archeum. With prices they way they are right now, eph being 3-5k a piece and delph....lets not even go there..Ayanad will be impossible to craft anyway. They really should remove the rng component to illustrious/magnificent and seriously increase the drop rate of crystals and essences.

How unfortunate. I had a friend tell me the KR servers had Illustrious/Magnificent RNG removed. It only applied to Epherium/Delphinad/Ayanad making crafting somewhat easier.

I hope these crafting changes aren't what's intended. It's rather depressing trying to get the armor now, but with this I just can't even fathom. Where's the flow of gameplay? Where's the progression? I don't want to play like Koreans.

Myrgatroid
02-21-2015, 03:37 PM
The proficiency requirements to craft Illustrious through Delphinad gear have been reduced or removed.

"Devs" (I use the word VERY loosely at this point) trolling? HAHAHAHA git rokkkt AA playerbase! Might take the cake as most messed up, eff'd up change to a game of this decade.

Infraction
02-21-2015, 03:40 PM
Somehow I feel that all ppl in the Dev Team are Mid 50 and dont even know howto balance a game and they never played any MMO'S trololo -.-

I think more than likely they are so focused on their bottom line that they forgot to include the fun aspect to the game, you know the reason people play them in the first place.

soondevil
02-21-2015, 04:16 PM
WTF IS THIS?!?!?!

Why in the F are they making epherium 10k proff and delph 25k proff, This is like backstabbing me 10 times and spit on me.

Why did i waste all my time getting 50k+ weaponry to be able to craft delph, and now they will just let almost any1 craft it? with twice the less proficency.

Ty this is the final nail in AA for me if this goes through.! TY TRINO FOR RUINING CRAFTING.

CAN WE PLEASE GET A GM REPLY?!?!?!

HannaMontana
02-21-2015, 04:49 PM
WTF IS THIS?!?!?!

Why in the F are they making epherium 10k proff and delph 25k proff, This is like backstabbing me 10 times and spit on me.

Why did i waste all my time getting 50k+ weaponry to be able to craft delph, and now they will just let almost any1 craft it? with twice the less proficency.

Ty this is the final nail in AA for me if this goes through.! TY TRINO FOR RUINING CRAFTING.

CAN WE PLEASE GET A GM REPLY?!?!?!

hey ****** thats just on the PTS

John Small
02-21-2015, 06:41 PM
hey ****** thats just on the PTS
No. This is a real change made in all the other regions as well and not some 'pts server only' change. In fact, in the chinese version you only need 10k prof to craft delphinad and the labor req is only 100 lp per attempt.

This is suppose to be a 1.7 change but trion got it in, and ultimately this is for the best. This allows everyone to participate in crafting their own gear at least until t5 obsidian. You still need 75k prof to make anyad, which is a huge investment and that wont change for a long time. The real problem is still archeum but thats a separate issue.

HannaMontana
02-21-2015, 07:00 PM
my mistake then i thought i heard them say its reduced on pts so people can test it

Infraction
02-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Fortunately it wont matter since there wont be enough archeum to have very many people crafting.

People progressing past towards end game gear would be bad I guess and might lead to people having fun or something.

Badkitten
02-21-2015, 07:42 PM
No its a change that will go live and really it shouldn't be that much of an issue considering they did give you another tier to craft. HOWEVER, they should have removed the rng from illustrious and mag considering they both will be useless after the patch and not only that but increasing the archeum supply to allow for people to actually craft.
I mean look at it currently..
Illustrious - 100 to 200 gold
Mag - 300 - 800 gold
Eph 1500 - 3000 gold
Delph 10k - 30k
Ayanad - ....??

Lets just say not even worth it. This is on my AH cluster. Prices may vary.

Trixologist
02-21-2015, 09:16 PM
Working as intended - ty.

http://i.imgur.com/SCoAb0j.jpg

peladito
02-22-2015, 12:14 AM
fluffy isn working!!!

Unray
02-22-2015, 03:04 AM
I really hope Trion would do something about archeum drop rates or the crafting. I don't really care if it's gonna delay the patch, atleast i want a good patch instead of this mess...

General public opinion about current upcoming archeum drop rate's and new crafting prof is negative.

Silenthunder
02-22-2015, 03:33 AM
Please fix fluffy, will not level me, or the others standing around me

Moth86
02-22-2015, 05:29 AM
Fluffy where art thou?! :P

SonKagu
02-22-2015, 07:15 AM
Fluffy doesnt work . please fix this as fast as possible

AronSGP
02-22-2015, 08:04 AM
Minha conta no teste esta sem patrono por que pergunto ?

maza
02-22-2015, 08:25 AM
come on want play fix fluffy

SonKagu
02-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Minha conta no teste esta sem patrono por que pergunto ?

To begin with the forum is international not spanish . stop thinking the whole world is spanish

Im guessing u are asking why patron isnt working . well thats because its bugged . they are working on a fix right now .

More importantly how long will it take untill fluffy is fixed?

Kenia
02-22-2015, 12:24 PM
To begin with the forum is international not spanish . stop thinking the whole world is spanish

Im guessing u are asking why patron isnt working . well thats because its bugged . they are working on a fix right now .

More importantly how long will it take untill fluffy is fixed?

Al menos aprende a diferenciar el portugués del español, analfabeto

The least u can do is to learn how to distinguish portuguese from spanish, ******

Chandoso
02-22-2015, 01:55 PM
Al menos aprende a diferenciar el portugués del español, analfabeto

The least u can do is to learn how to distinguish portuguese from spanish, ******

You realize Spanish and Portuguese are very similar languages, both when written down and when spoken, right? To an outside observer who knows neither of them its going to be pretty hard to tell them apart. No need to be a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ about it. Yes, he was a bit of a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ for typing what he typed in the first place but he's also right, while this is an international game the people working on it are all English speakers(to the best of our knowledge) and wouldn't be able to answer your question anyway...why type out in portuguese and make it basically a sure thing that you won't get an answer when you can just as easily type it out in english and are more likely to get one(then again this is trion and questions are often ignored.)

Kenia
02-22-2015, 04:50 PM
You realize Spanish and Portuguese are very similar languages, both when written down and when spoken, right? To an outside observer who knows neither of them its going to be pretty hard to tell them apart. No need to be a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ about it. Yes, he was a bit of a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ for typing what he typed in the first place but he's also right, while this is an international game the people working on it are all English speakers(to the best of our knowledge) and wouldn't be able to answer your question anyway...why type out in portuguese and make it basically a sure thing that you won't get an answer when you can just as easily type it out in english and are more likely to get one(then again this is trion and questions are often ignored.)

Last answer (i don't want to make offtopic posts):

You realize i wasn't the initial poster, right? the one speaking in portuguese that was harshly attacked, maybe because he/she doesn't know english or whatever reason he may have.

Sorry if i was too harsh but i'm really tired of all this RE..TAR..DS that attack people for not talking/writing in english (maybe they should learn spanish, as it's the second language most spoken in the world, or porteguese or whatever other language, instead of attacking others for not using english)

Trixologist
02-22-2015, 06:31 PM
GENERAL

For live server patch notes it might be beneficial to say whether or not this block is at the character or account level.

Kaytrada
02-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Is something wrong with the drops for [Enchanted Skein]? I know it's RNG but I farmed the costume scraps no problem, 1000+ mobs in a day and would usually get 10 scraps per 100 mobs killed. Starting on floor 2 hasn't been fun though, It's been 120+ floor 2 mobs (which are considerably harder) since I got my last Skein, even with other people farming with me.

Armano
02-23-2015, 03:49 AM
* Quest: "Harves the Cotton" can now be completed properly.

Finally.. thank you :D

Qvi
02-23-2015, 05:25 AM

You realize i wasn't the initial poster, right? the one speaking in portuguese that was harshly attacked, maybe because he/she doesn't know english or whatever reason he may have.

Sorry if i was too harsh but i'm really tired of all this RE..TAR..DS that attack people for not talking/writing in english (maybe they should learn spanish, as it's the second language most spoken in the world, or porteguese or whatever other language, instead of attacking others for not using english)

+1

is very usual, that people only know one lenguaje, have limits, doesn´t matter if english, portugues, Chippewa or tillamook, the main diference, is that portugues speaker or other, know his limits (can´t speak most international lenguaje), but english spearks usually don´t know, and it´s dificult to explain, how your brain Works when you know more than one lenguaje.. to simplify, you are more openminded in the way your mind Works

in another hand.. what about submarines and new mansion? i want the new great house!!!

Pwnocchio
02-23-2015, 05:42 AM

So they recognized that there probably aren't enough high level weapons crafters to supply the salvage balls needed for Obsidian weapons because their weapon crafting system sucks so bad and their solution was to just get rid of the proficiency requirements rather than actually do something to make weapon crafting a viable vocation?

So stupid.

This was an opportunity for weapons crafters to actually make some coin on their profession and they just diluted the skill pool on them.

Pwnocchio
02-23-2015, 05:44 AM
You still have a massive time sink in farming archeum as its not any better drop rates than live currently.

Are they dropping Essence?

Pwnocchio
02-23-2015, 05:54 AM
This is suppose to be a 1.7 change but trion got it in, and ultimately this is for the best. This allows everyone to participate in crafting their own gear at least until t5 obsidian. You still need 75k prof to make anyad, which is a huge investment and that wont change for a long time. The real problem is still archeum but thats a separate issue.

It's a stupid change. Why kill weapon crafting more?

Infraction
02-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Are they dropping Essence?

Not that ive seen, even if they did the amount of boring repetitive mob killing one person would have to do to even have one attempt worth of an item is stupid. I know that's negative and doesn't offer a solution, but I don't know how else to put it.

IMO increase the drop rate a ton more and let RNG and Labor gate the crafting profession. Its not like the RNG favors the crafter anyway.

UserName6
02-23-2015, 09:37 AM

On the live servers right now there is no RNG component to making magnificent gear. You can always make a magnificent item if you want to.

Infraction
02-23-2015, 09:48 AM
On the live servers right now there is no RNG component to making magnificent gear. You can always make a magnificent item if you want to.

Eventually, you just lost 3 times the money though in the process.

John Small
02-23-2015, 10:24 AM
It's a stupid change. Why kill weapon crafting more?
In 1.7 and 1.8, the baseline for gear is a tier slightly higher than epherium. There's multiple sets of gear that is like the library gear, slightly higher than epherium, which can be obtained through pvp or pve so its really silly to make new players who want to craft their gear waste their time leveling up to 50k+ prof.

honestly, with all the rng and time locks from labor points, I dont understand the purpose of proficiency requirements for anything. I would be completely fine if it just was used to give labor cost reduction bonuses and nothing else since this is effectively what leveling other profecencies give. There's no anayad tier plants or trees or cows. There's no tier benefit for being 90k artistry or commerce.

The prof requirements are basically a holdover from when the game was p2p. Where you couldnt suck down laborpots nonstop and everything was time gated. Gears also didnt have so many tiers.

Pwnocchio
02-23-2015, 10:28 AM
So basically the crafting system in Archeage is so bad that this change can't possibly hurt it more?

heavy
02-23-2015, 11:08 AM
Removing prof makes it easier for multi accounts users - just create few of them and you can craft more.

This game crafting system is not working for 1 account user unless he has credit card and is willing to use it for workers comp on multiple characters.

It takes few days to get labor to open coin purses. Then it takes 1000 labor to make just illustrious.

Crafting is a joke in this game. GL with crafting when using library purses lol.

Pwnocchio
02-23-2015, 11:18 AM
Has anyone confirmed that the prof requirements for crafting are much lower in KR?

I'm wondering if they only lowered these requirements to stimulate Obscidian Weapon crafting on the test server and the prof-lowering won't transition to the live servers.

Infraction
02-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Has anyone confirmed that the prof requirements for crafting are much lower in KR?

I'm wondering if they only lowered these requirements to stimulate Obscidian Weapon crafting on the test server and the prof-lowering won't transition to the live servers.

Its a patch note so I would assume its likely to be a live change that they are pushing.

If it were merely for testing I would also assume they would tell us, but this is Trion and XL so who knows.

Communication and clarity is not their strong point.

senseirain
02-23-2015, 12:46 PM
~what happeneD to my character? is there a wipeout?
~Fluffy CommanD is BuggeD

Amary
02-23-2015, 02:51 PM

The proficiency requirements are lowered in other regions as well. :) This change is scheduled to go live with the 55 update.

The reasoning provided was to increase accessibility to the higher tier recipes to a wider variety of players in the hopes of seeing more attempts at crafting and hopefully more higher tier gear. It is, of course, a separate issue from archeum supply and RNGesus and this change isn't meant to replace those concerns. :)

Infraction
02-23-2015, 03:01 PM
The proficiency requirements are lowered in other regions as well. :) This change is scheduled to go live with the 55 update.

The reasoning provided was to increase accessibility to the higher tier recipes to a wider variety of players in the hopes of seeing more attempts at crafting and hopefully more higher tier gear. It is, of course, a separate issue from archeum supply and RNGesus and this change isn't meant to replace those concerns. :)

So im sure myself and many others are wanting to know if this is what were stuck with regarding the archeum?

This is a breaking point for this game for some of us that have been holding out for this "westernization" since about July of last year regarding this problem.

toe nado
02-23-2015, 03:03 PM

More attempts at crafting requires more archeum, not lowering the needed proficiency. Archeum has always been the bottleneck to crafting.

Badkitten
02-23-2015, 03:05 PM
More attempts at crafting requires more archeum, not lowering the needed proficiency. Archeum has always been the bottleneck to crafting.

While I agree with them lowering the proficiency like the rest of the regions, fixing it before the archeum supply is putting the cart before the horse to put it mildly.

felixius
02-23-2015, 03:13 PM

Hey Amary,

Can you give us your personal opinion on Archeum supply with the 55 update?

Amary
02-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Hey Amary,

Can you give us your personal opinion on Archeum supply with the 55 update?

Part of our discussion around the 55 update involved adding Archeum at increased rates as well as sun/moon/starpoints to the 150 labor stolen librarian bags, which has been included as part of the build currently on PTS. I think that's better than not making those changes, but also don't think the discussion about rate and sources of archeum is ended with that change. :)

felixius
02-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Part of our discussion around the 55 update involved adding Archeum at increased rates as well as sun/moon/starpoints to the 150 labor stolen librarian bags, which has been included as part of the build currently on PTS. I think that's better than not making those changes, but also don't think the discussion about rate and sources of archeum is ended with that change. :)

Thanks for the quick response, and I'm glad to hear it. You hint at other possible changes. Would these changes be with the 55 update or later on down the road? Additionally, will this be affected by player feedback? I.E. PTS feedback on drop rates thus far look to be abyssmal.

Ivormi
02-23-2015, 03:24 PM
When is this update going live?

Infraction
02-23-2015, 04:06 PM

Wait this current build is at the increased rate?

You have to be joking.....

toe nado
02-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Wait this current build is at the increased rate?

You have to be joking.....

No I think she is very serious...I just hope this doesn't kill Inoch.

Zaithan
02-23-2015, 04:44 PM
When will this update will be available?

Infraction
02-23-2015, 04:48 PM
When will this update will be available?

They might as well push it live tomorrow, this is a complete joke of a test environment.

Pwnocchio
02-23-2015, 08:23 PM

This.

So basically this change doesn't fix the problem, it just really dilutes the value of weapon crafting proficiencies for those that burned a lot of gold to grind them up.

John Small
02-23-2015, 08:48 PM

It would be great if you could define what you consider to be an increased rate, because your player base doesn't see it and many of them are now in discussions involving whether or not they should cancel their accounts. I wager that the rate increase for that is much higher than the archeum "increase".

It's time to stop talking, and start doing.

JerryBoyle
02-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Are we not getting experia plants with the 55 patch?
Doesn't look like we are in this patch unless I missed them somewhere. Those Experia Pines gave so much experience too lol

Infraction
02-23-2015, 10:01 PM
Looks like end of the day rolled around and Trion couldn't be bothered to communicate any further.

They got that one post in today though so they met that daily quota.

potti
02-24-2015, 03:16 AM
Well i will take a long break from the game until they release the obsidian bow with agility on it.

mrcharly
02-24-2015, 06:33 AM

Sorry if i was too harsh but i'm really tired of all this RE..TAR..DS that attack people for not talking/writing in english (maybe they should learn spanish, as it's the second language most spoken in the world,

Second? Thought it was close to being the first.

Mertano
02-24-2015, 07:43 AM
(maybe they should learn spanish, as it's the second language most spoken in the world, or porteguese or whatever other language, instead of attacking others for not using english)

Just cause you say it on the internet its not true..
srsly who the ♥♥♥♥ told you such storys? Spanish is with 330 native speakers and 420mio speakers over all after english (375mio/1500mio), chinese (982mio/1100mio) and hindi (460/650) only the fourth most spoken language worldwide.. get your facts straight

John Small
02-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Second? Thought it was close to being the first.Mandarin Chinese is the most spoken language in the world based on population. Of course, all those chinese people are basically in china, which makes their language not the most spoken language in the world. Same deal with spanish. Third world countries tend to have larger populations, but that doesnt mean their language is suddenly more popular or important.

If you are going off of wikipedia, I'm going to laugh at you because the source they used was laughable. I see you quoting those numbers 1:1 while you pretend to be intellegent, yet you lack the critical thinking skills to understand what those numbers mean. Every upper class person that knows chinese or spanish also knows english since english is Lingua franca. I doubt you even know what lingua franca means, but that's ok. You can find out on your favorite intellectual short cut website: wikipedia.

Either way, it's irrational to expect an english speaker on an american or european server to know how to speak either spanish or Portuguese. Why? Well , basically you are telling english speakers to go out of their way to learn 2 extra languages while you refuse to learn 1. Hypocrite.

Infraction
02-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Since Trion doesn't respond weve broken off into arguing about spoken language.

Can we stay on task here and drive for a actual clear communication from Trion regarding this archeum issue and other patch issues that might have came up.

Neoxide
02-24-2015, 11:09 AM
This.

So basically this change doesn't fix the problem, it just really dilutes the value of weapon crafting proficiencies for those that burned a lot of gold to grind them up.

If anything, the lesser proficiency requirement will increase the demand for archeum. It's almost as if they want to keep archeum ridiculously expensive... obsidian weapons will destroy the crafting economy.

Infraction
02-24-2015, 11:26 AM
If anything, the lesser proficiency requirement will increase the demand for archeum. It's almost as if they want to keep archeum ridiculously expensive... obsidian weapons will destroy the crafting economy.

We almost agree on something for a change.

Tyconis
02-24-2015, 02:21 PM
I dont even know why you people are ♥♥♥♥♥ing. This patch and 1.7 will be another year coming.

wewt
02-24-2015, 03:16 PM

The happy faces ... each one is like a slap in the face. It's like you are so nervous that you have to pepper your replies with smileys in an attempt to avoid incurring the forum wrath that your "dev" team deserves. You're what the French call, "les incompétents." :)

These are some of the worst patch notes I have ever read, and for a game that already has international versions well beyond ours. Do you look at the new stuff in KR/RU and go, "How badly do you think we can bork this one, guys?" Somehow you've managed to demonstrate "questionable decision-making" more and more with each patch. I mean the dolphins that KR got for free as an example .. lol. Give us the damn archeum trees/obsidian eggs already. Half my guild has already left, more are leaving daily, and I will seriously consider quitting if you keep this crap up. I'm shocked I'm still here tbh.

DancingShade
02-24-2015, 10:57 PM

How can you destroy that which does not exist?

With the existing archeum bottleneck not being alleviated with the level 55 library content any increased demand is basically irrelevant because the existing supply can't even come close meet the demand on Live now. Once crafted obsidian come out its going to basically be a funnier joke than it already is.

People will be relying on dropped auroria / library gear and forgetting about crafted entirely.

moufazin
02-25-2015, 09:42 AM

Do you even craft in your own game? Lowering the proficiency is not going to solve the problem of the small number of players crafting, it is the ARCHEUM SUPPLY. Your "smiling faces" in your posts are full of crap and each one is a slap in every players' face :) :) :)

I've been waiting and waiting for a patch that would fix crafting, but this proficiency change is only going to make the issue WORSE and is a huge slap in the face to anyone who worked their tails off to achieve higher crafting tiers. Can't you see the problem? The entire population will be able to craft these high tiers easily and therefore the demand of archeum is going to SKYROCKET. This will mean NO ONE but whales will be able to have the ability to craft in this Pay to Win game.

I loved alpha because my favorite part of this game was crafting gear and that I had worked hard to accomplish the ability to craft higher tiers. This patch will further destroy that part of the game for me and many countless others, yet again, if something isn't done about the archeum supply.

YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO ANY OF US

Phoenixash
02-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Please fix the archeum supply. This patch was supposed to do that. None of that has been done.

Shroudedangel
02-28-2015, 07:52 AM
Um mm I'm playing right now and fluffy isn't working

gs87hell
03-01-2015, 05:38 AM
25k Proficiency to craft Delphinad Gear and Weapons. Why I worked my ♥♥♥ of to make 90k Carpentry 90k Leatherwork if I wont have any benefit from having so high proficiency. Except 75k Ayanad crafts which is insanely hard to get because of your great RNG system (I wont even go into this) . Why don't you make people with maxed out professions to have higher chance to get Volcano/Typhoon (example) and so on items or to at least higher regrade chance when crafting to another tier. With this system every regular Joe can craft. Archeum prices will go to the roof and again the happy whales will control the market like it's right now. Which means this game becoming even more of a grind since the higher demand like it's not enough of as it is. This is really unfair to crafters which put so much labor and time reaching this ammounts of proficiency it's even insulting. When are you going to listen to your community is my question???

Keltana
03-01-2015, 12:50 PM
please remove * Item: Mirage Donkey: Incorrectly high strafe and backup speeds have been fixed.
This should not be fixed until carrot dash is.
thank you

JerryBoyle
03-01-2015, 12:52 PM
please remove * Item: Mirage Donkey: Incorrectly high strafe and backup speeds have been fixed.
This should not be fixed until carrot dash is.
thank you
Just so you know, this problem also works on the dolphins. So it's not the same thing and the mirage donkey should also still have the bonuses from swin fins and etc.

ChimneyFire
03-08-2015, 04:38 PM
And there was much rejoicing!!!!!!!1one1

Thank you so very much for this.

Is this account wide or character wide? (Please say account)

Archanarchist
03-10-2015, 10:42 PM
you guys have to read between the lines of that statement, the deves asked for archeum supply aleviation and the acountant said no we see a desturbance in the projected revenue stream, quite obviously without cross referencing it with the wider cost benifit anaylis of player numbers

when is sungold fields going to be claimable? most guilds charge little tax and diamond shores has worldgate right to library enterance ... i want to build in sungold when can i start?