PDA

View Full Version : Archeum drop rates

Infraction
02-20-2015, 08:45 PM
These drop rates for archeum pretty much suck the will out of wanting to continue to play.

iggy1212
02-20-2015, 10:21 PM
I keep getting fire and wave lunarite. I thought we were supposed to get the upgraded ones with the library purses?

Infraction
02-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Im pretty well done I think the amount of farming mobs a group of people would have to do to be able to make weapons and armor and fight with the RNG just isn't fun or worth the time.

There are too many options out there that give you fun gameplay instead of this boring useless grind for little to no reward.

FlavioSuarez
02-20-2015, 11:06 PM
over 200 coinpurses opened and the best i've got was 6 fire lunarite and 3 wave lunarite, the rest were just empty coinpurses. Jester>>>>>>>Librarian

foosball
02-20-2015, 11:31 PM
over 200 coinpurses opened and the best i've got was 6 fire lunarite and 3 wave lunarite, the rest were just empty coinpurses. Jester>>>>>>>Librarian

Why its PTS.

Kirah
02-21-2015, 12:23 AM

Didn't try it yet, but from what you say I guess the drop rates are the same as the closed beta ones (poor).

toe nado
02-21-2015, 12:38 AM

same here. Nothing but lunarite.

iggy1212
02-21-2015, 12:40 AM
From QA

"Will there be alternative ways to get lunarites used for alchemy or other types of materials that seems to be a bottleneck in the current version?(think superior fire/wave lunarites and such)
I know the higher tier pouches drop them more aggressively. If I correctly recall, the drop rates change with Library Pouches so Fine become the rare, and Superior becomes more common."

Doesn't this mean we are suppsed to be getting the superior ones instead of the regular lunarites out of these purses? Am i misinterpreting the quote or is there something wrong here?

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?162490-Question-Compilation-List-For-Trionworlds-Twitch-Stream-(fri-13)&p=1490456&viewfull=1#post1490456

Deliqo
02-21-2015, 02:29 AM
Don't worry guys they were slightly BUFFED so you could get something from them, cause initially they wanted to release them with 20 labor a coin purse and every purse you open you have to pay 15 silver with random chance of RNGesus coming down from the sky to you and taking one of your delphinad items with him to the heaven.

LlexX
02-21-2015, 04:20 AM
Opened 100x coinpurses from the library, not a single archeum crystal/essence, from 300x Jesters (same LP req as opening these purses) i get at least 1 crystal.

Kixxie
02-21-2015, 04:35 AM
Once again Trion gets handed a product they have no clue what is.

I'm desperately hoping that Trion takes what has been found /ON DAY ONE/ (Wow.) and turns it around. Library needs better drops than this guys.

Badkitten
02-21-2015, 05:14 AM
Which is why I thought it was weird they dropped the proficiency requirement to make delph weapons. As it was never the proficiency people needed but the damn archeum is just to expensive to wade through 3 levels of RNG to maybe get something worthwhile on the forth level. And now we have yet a 5th level of rng? Trion you guys need to boost archeum rates not just alittle but ALOT!

Mertano
02-21-2015, 05:33 AM
still no submarine

sSaSs
02-21-2015, 05:34 AM
the submarine will come after the 1.7 update (2-3 month)

Deliqo
02-21-2015, 05:56 AM
I take it that somebody like Khrolan who boasts that he farms the cloaks for his mates all the time should know how bad the archeum rate is, and how bad it is in library and if not then frankly nothing to do in this pile of ♥♥♥♥ anymore this is all lost to RNGbox with archeum when XLgames or Trion feels like situation is too bad.

iggy1212
02-21-2015, 08:21 AM
Considering we aren't even getting the right lunarite, I'm really really hoping something is screwed up.

Deliqo
02-21-2015, 08:23 AM
Or perhaps, normilized yet again? To not be better than jester's cause wtf..

Edit : 150 purses opened got 1 sunlight essense but no other archeum at all and random normal tier lunarites nonstop.

Badkitten
02-21-2015, 08:25 AM
Considering we aren't even getting the right lunarite, I'm really really hoping something is screwed up.

It seems like several things are really messed up. I find it hard to believe they tested this "release candidate" at all.

1) Barely anything drops from library purses except for money.

2) The mirage portal doesn't even work nor can you open purses or other things in the "peace" zone as it says you aren't allowed to attack.

3) Couple of the quests seem to be broken or unclear(?) on what you are suppose to do to accomplish them.

Thankfully it's just the test server and now the weekend so no answers until monday unless some of them are actually still around checking the forums.

Infraction
02-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Im done if this is what we are getting.

This isn't westernized this is more grindy than the over seas version.

Too many MMO choices out there that actually make it feel like you get something for your time spent farming. This isn't even challenging its just tedious.

Deliqo
02-21-2015, 01:18 PM
But wait, buy an rng box please, there is archeum!!!

Deliqo
02-21-2015, 02:32 PM
another 150 opened - 0 archeum, not even a dust :D oh gosh this game is about to get a whole new level of westernization, at this point i only hope it dies off as fast as possible if nothing is done against this humiliation of playerbase, or what's left of it.

Infraction
02-21-2015, 03:31 PM
They have skirted this issue for months now.

Its a dead horse at this point. We can support them or look for a developer that actually interacts and delivers on a fun gaming experience instead of utter frustration and an unrewarding gameplay experience.

Artegg
02-21-2015, 03:32 PM
If this is not fixed I am out.

soondevil
02-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Ye the archeum drops rates are wtf, and not only that, they kick all the crafters in the ♥♥♥♥ing balls. By removing crafting profficency needed for illu/magnificent. So all armor and weaponcrafters just got kicked in the balls. Epherium is 10k and delph 25k wtf is this ♥♥♥♥! why should others get it a lot cheaper than what i had to do. this is the final nail in the coffin for AA if this goes through to the live server.....

Jinsky
02-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Can't wait until they put archeum into divine gifts :)

Tolvat
02-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Can't wait until they put archeum into divine gifts :)

Divine Gifts will be removed on Monday, February 23, 2015.

Jinsky
02-21-2015, 05:06 PM
Current divine gifts will be. Glad you are informed on this live stream. Though you may have missed their other previous live stream, mentioning they will have other promotions like it in-between their 2 month plans of big updates.

Infraction
02-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Current divine gifts will be. Glad you are informed on this live stream. Though you may have missed their other previous live stream, mentioning they will have other promotions like it in-between their 2 month plans of big updates.

Such a cheesy uneeded fix if they go this route.

If the devs are that intent and stubborn on this then that's just a real disappointment.

Tammuz
02-22-2015, 02:39 AM
the problem in general with increasing archeum drop rates is that bots will then over farm it... have to remember if u farm 100 coin purses then someones bots have probably farmed 1000... Unfortunately with the new anti-pvp changes to library, players have no reasonable way to control or even interfere with botters. as a result, i predict we will be seeing them farm library en-masse

now if they would add pvp back in as was intended from the start...

DarkManiako
02-22-2015, 02:50 AM
the problem in general with increasing archeum drop rates is that bots will then over farm i

so we have a dumb gameplay system because the anti hack system doesn't work.
fair enought.

Tammuz
02-22-2015, 03:18 AM
what did you expect, I didnt say i liked it

i mean, its a korean programmed game, their security measures are terribad, everyone knows this

the reason is that in korea they dont NEED extreme measures: you have to register for games with your SSN, cheat in one and you get banned not only from that game but blacklisted for EVERY GAME! Basically their cheaters dont even make it past account creation... this is also why there are no korean games with world wide release versions.

yes they can use a stolen SSN but thats fraud and a major crime... so if they get caught, they dont just get banned, they go to prison IRL

again the solution is to allow for more player policing of the farm areas (pvp), or they could just fix archeum trees like they do in 1.7 so archeum is tied to land ownership in auroria, not the number of coinpurses u or a bot can grind

but ya, i agree with the general sentiment that this game may well be dead after this patch if trion dosent do this right... initially i thought itd keep going for a while due to lack of alternative releases planned right now, but ive got people from my guild planning on leaving, with no other game to even play right now!

DarkManiako
02-22-2015, 03:35 AM
what did you expect, I didnt say i liked it

i mean, its a korean programmed game, their security measures are terribad, everyone knows this

the reason is that in korea they dont NEED extreme measures: you have to register for games with your SSN, cheat in one and you get banned not only from that game but blacklisted for EVERY GAME! Basically their cheaters dont even make it past account creation... this is also why there are no korean games with world wide release versions.

yes they can use a stolen SSN but thats fraud and a major crime... so if they get caught, they dont just get banned, they go to prison IRL

again the solution is to allow for more player policing of the farm areas (pvp), or they could just fix archeum trees like they do in 1.7 so archeum is tied to land ownership in auroria, not the number of coinpurses u or a bot can grind

but ya, i agree with the general sentiment that this game may well be dead after this patch if trion dosent do this right... initially i thought itd keep going for a while due to lack of alternative releases planned right now, but ive got people from my guild planning on leaving, with no other game to even play right now!

They talk big about "westernization" but here's the lesson: never play korean imported games.

Kirah
02-22-2015, 04:04 AM
They talk big about "westernization" but here's the lesson: never play korean imported games.

Well, anything they come out with is being defended by that small group of white knights, plus people keep buying gambling boxes and feeding them with money no matter what.

Unless Trion gets touched in the wallet, nothing is gonna change.

Deliqo
02-22-2015, 04:05 AM
It's funny how you all bring up bots but thing is they never disappeared they were here before coin purses and after, the only ones who it affected were the real players that left the game by masses, in reality all of this is made to even further benefit from the magical labor potions and people who can't see it look too close.
As a matter of fact bots won't even need the new library since jesters tend to give more anyways which they can farm just as good once Trion stops banning them(That was the case before huge inflation - Trion didn't give a damn).

This coin purse system works in other versions I mentioned it many times in other threads and the reason it works there is the BIG difference between labor potion price in shop + no cd on it. So basically people who are willing to farm the coin purses can just consume these potions nonstop and still earn through it as long as they want.
What I see right now in our's though is not only worse than any other version but is fueled by overpriced cash shop, with declining player base and lack of supply.

But yeah game is fine, have fun having no new players at all cause they won't be able to afford anything or stay in game anyways with current pace of "westernization", Trion made me hate this word probably because they have no idea what it means.

heavy
02-22-2015, 04:41 AM
Trio just want to make ppl go fishing more.

Kixxie
02-22-2015, 04:44 AM
The fact most of you think bots farm jesters is pretty cute.

The vast majority of gold bots farm nobles.

Deliqo
02-22-2015, 05:20 AM
The vast majority nowadays farm you mean, prior to date they were farming jesters mostly, now they are getting banned before reaching these zones

Sinbiosin
02-22-2015, 02:43 PM
I'm bumping all the Archeum posts #revolution

Jinsky
02-22-2015, 09:59 PM
The fact most of you think bots farm jesters is pretty cute.

The vast majority of gold bots farm nobles.

It's cute that you say most of us think bots farm jesters, because they do. Players bot on their main characters now, because nothing gets done about it. It's pretty obvious when they are in one spot all day everyday.

John Small
02-22-2015, 11:04 PM
Doesn't this mean we are suppsed to be getting the superior ones instead of the regular lunarites out of these purses? Am i misinterpreting the quote or is there something wrong here?

Trion removed the 50k handicrafting gem recipes at launch then added them back in in november/decemeber if im not mistaken. However, they were uncraftable because nothing dropped "fine" tier of lunarite. Library purses drop "fine" tier at an extremely low rate. Khrogan was just answering this question in an extremely awkward manner, most likely because he didnt know that these things were entirely impossible to get prior to library since he apparently does the majority of his gaming on pts with gm client and free everything so he just assumed that they were a really low drop rate and therefore a bottle neck people were whining about.

Here's the real lesson: westernization is and always has been a lie. Koreans do not enjoy grindy games, they do not enjoy rng, and the "korean grinder" sterotype is a LIE perpetuated by western developers to trick you into accepting their grindy ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ by appealing to subconscious racist tendencies.

In western mmos, the grind is locked away behind walls of daily quest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, where you grind 1 hour a day for 100 days to unlock supercoolthing, where as in korea, traditionally the game would require you to grind 100 hours for supercoolthing. It's the exact same amount of grind, just less time locked ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ designed to train you in the classical Pavlovian style.

If a mmo isnt wasting your time to entice you to pay another month of subscription, then it will content ♥♥♥♥ block you to push you into the cash shop. Archeage, following the western facebook game model (which was hot and new when archeage launched in kr) does both.

joecci
02-22-2015, 11:16 PM
These drop rates for archeum pretty much suck the will out of wanting to continue to play.

Yeah I agree. 100 library purses cost me 1500 labor and I got 1 garden powder and 2 archeum shards out of it.... I could have literally GROWN more archeum with the crappy archeum trees for that much labor.... seriously Trino you need to fix this ASAP.

joecci
02-22-2015, 11:17 PM
Im pretty well done I think the amount of farming mobs a group of people would have to do to be able to make weapons and armor and fight with the RNG just isn't fun or worth the time.

There are too many options out there that give you fun gameplay instead of this boring useless grind for little to no reward.

Yep they need to realize this for the NA market... making top tier gear tough to get is fine. Making it impossible to craft unless you grind mobs for hours and hours to even get their is BS

Vindariel
02-23-2015, 03:00 AM
Divine Gifts will be removed on Monday, February 23, 2015.

Really? They are still active at PTS, why would they remove them?
And yes i am not watching those Streams...it's not my time when they are on. So it would be nice to see a Text about the Streams Trion...

DarkManiako
02-23-2015, 05:15 AM
I'd like to read on forum about news and events instead of listen streams too

Pwnocchio
02-23-2015, 06:27 AM
the problem in general with increasing archeum drop rates is that bots will then over farm it... have to remember if u farm 100 coin purses then someones bots have probably farmed 1000...

God bless the bots, then, because they are a better solution to the problem than anything Trion seems to be doing.

Infraction
02-23-2015, 07:53 AM
Really? They are still active at PTS, why would they remove them?
And yes i am not watching those Streams...it's not my time when they are on. So it would be nice to see a Text about the Streams Trion...

Don't fret you aren't missing much, they skirt any real question every single time and only try to dazzle people with the stuff being put in the cash shop and a constant line of "we feel ya, but XL" for about everything.

Essentially they have little to no information of any real value its just a late night tv ad trying to hype the next big addition to the cash shop.

Vindariel
02-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Hm ok but that the Divine Gifts will be removed today is essential becaus the prices will go up high again ^^

Infraction
02-23-2015, 04:08 PM
Hm ok but that the Divine Gifts will be removed today is essential becaus the prices will go up high again ^^

They wont move well they have sucked a ton of money out of the economy.

Einar
02-23-2015, 04:35 PM
They also really need to fix the garden powder and glowing prism drop rate/table. On Ollo a while back, Koon commented about the glowing prism when he was looking to buy a glider how absurdly high the current glowing prism price are.

from 0 to 90k larceny, all I got is 20 glowing prisms, no even 1/2 way to craft a glider.

Infraction
02-24-2015, 10:22 AM
Bump for visibility.