PDA

View Full Version : Unbuit Limits Need to be at least 3 or based on reserve size.

Landowner
02-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Being a baron.
My complaint will and always be the land hackers who rely on demo sales which remedy is blind demo date but this unbuilt limit does nothing to stem their ways what so ever.

I understand this unbuilt limit is more for the release of Diamond Shore so whatever works for you..

Becoming a baron is just as much hard work as trying to obtain your own plots yourself. This unbuilt limit doesn't really hurt me as it's easy to split the burden and land management but when you scale it down.. it hurts those who are just starting out.

So the limit of unbuilt is 2. Lets say you just started out.. You got yourself your first 8x crow.
You start placing it in a spot where it's potentially expandable to 16x IF you are lucky or work it out however which way.

Your 8x Crow will be TR and because of plot placement (or non-affiliated people contribute to that same block), in order to secure the actual 16x size you have no choice but to make the full block.

That's 1 8x TR. Sawmill on TL. Another BR.. and the last one BL.
That's 1 built/3 unbuilt you'd need minimum to be able to safely expand a quad 8x block to a 16x farm.

(I currently have a situation similar to this right now, I used to hold 50-75% of a 16x 4 8x split but it's stupid to waste taxes when someone else can do the holding, so they're holding 75% of it right now.)

IF you want to SAFELY make a x16 off the same character solo.
RNG help you if you try to do it with an 8x crow on another char on the same account to reduce your burden to the actual 2..

Also, lets say you luckily are able to gain access to a 16x, that means in order to get it, you have to forfeit your current holdings before you can grab it.

IMO, if you're going to put the 2 unbuilt limit solely for Diamond Shore's release, go for it, I personally won't build there since it's not on my agenda, but the limit should be raised to at least 4.

OR ideally make it so the limit is based on per property size so people can still have the option to expand.

ie. 3 unbuilt 8x 2 unbuilt 16x. 1 unbuilt 24x.

Because if you're looking to expand to a 24x from a 16 and bunches of 8s.. you're going to need at least 3 (4 if you don't hold the final line) 8xs to reserve.

You can also say, just build those unbuilt 8s.. but that doesn't ultimately solve the problem itself, it's just an inconvenience just like the 5 second cool down land placement.

Saveric
02-21-2015, 02:06 PM
The limit of 2 isn't just for Diamond Shores. They were thinking about having it limit 1 for the first few weeks of Diamond Shores then move it back to 2.

You can go around some of the high pop servers and see the land hackers where they atm have 10-20 unbuilt houses from when they macro-placed when it was being demo'd and all they are doing is selling it. They have no intention of building them or using them to expand.

2 unbuilt limit is fine.

Shalille
02-21-2015, 02:20 PM
So the limit of unbuilt is 2. Lets say you just started out.. You got yourself your first 8x crow.
You start placing it in a spot where it's potentially expandable to 16x IF you are lucky or work it out however which way.

I think the vast majority of new players starting out, will be much happier to find actual available 16x spots for their first cottage or large farm, or the option to buy them fairly cheaply, because the server's land flippers can no longer squat on everything with unbuilt cottages denying them land.

This is a lot more attractive then squatting on a 8x8 spot for an indefinite time, hoping to one day "get lucky" and expand it.