PDA

View Full Version : Please make the ping nerfs optional

vexis
02-21-2015, 12:44 PM
This is something that has been asked for a lot. Please remove the forced hits from triple slash/manastars/rapid strike/endless arrows. Or make them interruptible/optional. It really detracts from the playstyle ofmany classes. Now that we have NA and EU servers the majority of people dont need them. Make melee fun again. Remember early alpha. or watch KR melees.

Dig
02-22-2015, 08:56 AM
No thanks.
#AustralianPing
http://i.imgur.com/rYgkqwb.gif

vexis
02-24-2015, 07:54 PM
optional =/= mandatory

sadavisor
02-24-2015, 09:37 PM
No thanks.
#AustralianPing

I don't think you realise the problem, even with aussie ping I'd prefer the old triple slash atleast

Bankasauras
02-24-2015, 10:05 PM
Queued Skills is the only way to make things fair to all.

Inori
02-25-2015, 05:25 AM
Bring back the old Triple Slash ;'(

For people that didn't know:

Before with Triple Slash you could activate each slash manually, which
1st Slash gave shaken for 3s
2nd Slash additional damage while tripped
3rd Slash increased melee damage +100% and front cleave aoe + 15% chance to reset behind enemy lines ( 55lv ) & charge skills

What basically it does atm it just does each slash one after another without any way of cancelling. So a melee comobo would look like charge->triple slash(1st)->overwhelm->shadowsmite->precision strike without loosing time for that 2nd-3rd slash which actually can get you killed.

The 3rd slash especially is slow Q.Q. I've been playing old TS with 200+ ping and I can widely say I liked it more...

For other skills tho, it's more ping dependand than it is with TS, TS is tho a bit gamebreaking to the way it's designed. And IMHO should be reverted... You do not have Mana Stars combo, you do not have Endless Arrow combo but TS has and its really important that you could cancel each slash.

Also they way it works right now, I could triple slash -> move away from target after 1st slash and it would still would apply the remaining 2 slashes while i was 20m+ from the target... Kinda broken ?

Inori
02-25-2015, 07:20 AM
I've made an video how it works on RU and how it works in here. And how game-breaking it is for battlerage users.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ks6qCp3Y0

GCD is probably most painful thing with the "ping-normalized" version of the skill.

Inori
02-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Scapes, Khorlan, Can we get an official statement regarding this? :( Would really love to hear from Trion if they ever plan on keeping this particular skill "ping" optimized... I mean Battlerage users do fine... But this blocks varity of playstyle variations.

It's like the current Sorcerry Fireball works like old Triple Slash, this opens to combo like 1 fireball->bubble.

Why Triple Slash is blocked from combos even tho it's not huge ping dependent skill?

DancingShade
02-26-2015, 01:04 PM
So basically this thread boils down to "please make triple slash better" by some darkrunners. LOL ok no bias there.

While you're at it, lets add 5m range to all the archery skills and allow mages to move while casting fireballs.

Howitzer
02-26-2015, 01:34 PM
So basically this thread boils down to "please make triple slash better" by some darkrunners. LOL ok no bias there.

While you're at it, lets add 5m range to all the archery skills and allow mages to move while casting fireballs.

Not just darkrunners. Paladins, Blighters, Abolishers, Shadowblades, and countless other class combinations that rely on the Battlerage tree suffer from these dumbed-down changes Trino made to the game.

Inori
02-26-2015, 07:05 PM

Basically I want them to revert the bad change they did. Not buff the skill, but make it work like it actually should. And well techincally you can move while shooting fireballs so get your rage down :^)

Pikapee
02-26-2015, 07:47 PM
Frenzy will reset your gcd .. Its the only solution

Veerdin
02-26-2015, 09:06 PM
I don't think you realise the problem, even with aussie ping I'd prefer the old triple slash atleast

This sounds like somebody who has never played an American game on an Oceanic server.

Come spend a few weeks down here in the middle of bum♥♥♥♥ nowhere with the old Ping system, see how much you love it after you lose your 5th PVP battle because you clicked an ability and the ability took 3 weeks to decide to activate.

Queued Skills is the only way to make things fair to all.

This.

Hell, aren't we supposed to be getting this?

I'm pretty sure Scapes said, way back during beta, that queued abilities would be coming "a few months after launch".

Probably should have made them specify just how many a "few" is.

Nirvii
02-26-2015, 11:55 PM
Every MMO almost have "ability queue" in place. WoW,wildstar,swtor,ffxiv you named it. However AA, which come from korean, the country where it is so small in size yet so strong in their IT infrastructure, they dont need those sort of stuff. AA isnt built with "ability queue" in coding. When it come to NA where they have very big size of country with spreadout cities as well as the goal has to be "international" server (as same as EU), it is quite hard to expect a game performed well in Korea to perform in the same system as NA/EU game.

We dont know how many "months" Dev will take to implement this ability queue. They might even prolly scraped their idea already cos it might take too much of their workload to implement. Still i dont agree to just ignore this "latency factor" and revert everything the same like the korean version.

sadavisor
02-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Come spend a few weeks down here in the middle of bum♥♥♥♥ nowhere with the old Ping system, see how much you love it after you lose your 5th PVP battle because you clicked an ability and the ability took 3 weeks to decide to activate.

I have terrible ♥♥♥♥ing ping all the time man, I live in the middle of nowhere and sit at like 250ms with terrible lag spikes.The pingfix to triple slash is only better if you only use the skill to hold down and run at people. Triple slash isn't supposed to be like that at all, its about how it combos with other skills in the tree. Battlerage loses half the fun with the fix since a fluid combat style is forced into overly long animations. Also the unlimited range on it is broken as ♥♥♥♥.

I miss all of the old fun combos you could pull thanks to not sitting there chopping at someone 3 times longer than you actually need to, and being able to mix triple slash and rapid strike doesn't sound like much but it makes the game feel so much better, no matter your ping.