PDA

View Full Version : Unbuilt house limit

Debi
02-21-2015, 01:56 PM
So far it seems to be working, will do further tests with buying and selling while having unbuilt houses to make sure.

Problem: there is no error message or tooltip or any text in the construction UI that explains the 2 unbuilt house limit. This needs to be fixed before live or there will be mass confusion for people who don't read the forums.

Read the rest of the thread, problem fixed, ID10T error.

Shalille
02-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Does it pop a red msg across the middle of screen? Even if nothing is in the chat log.

Debi
02-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Not that I saw, I will go double check.

Nope, nothing. Not chat log, not in front of the construction UI, not being hidden by the construction UI.

Ignore that last, I was not over built limit when I double checked that, I didn't have enough taxes, this is for the double check, not my original post. *is an idiot*

Shalille
02-21-2015, 02:49 PM
In live, if we try to place an extra 8x8 in the limited newbie garden spots, it will say nothing in the chat box, but there is a faint red msg across the middle screen briefly.

so i was thinking maybe it did the same for this.

Whats your char name in PTS, I can send you some taxes.
(my patron is bugged out on pts, so I cant test it myself.)

Debi
02-21-2015, 03:02 PM
yeah, 3 of my 4 patrons are bugged, and for the record, paying by apex does not give you this glitch, in fact the only account that DOES have patron on PTS is my apex paid one.

Getting another house to test with.

Debi
02-21-2015, 03:08 PM
VOILA, once you have the right amount of taxes (which I evidently did not the first time I tested) and the blueprint and the orientation, the 'build' button is activated and you get an error screen in place of the Build UI, my apologies for doing it wrong the first time.

Nothing to see here, move along, these are not the houses you are looking for.

Bloodstain
02-22-2015, 01:55 AM
what happen for people that already have 8+ unbuilt houses down prior to patch ? do they vanish ?

Debi
02-22-2015, 10:55 AM
No clue, they wiped Test before we could check that. I am assuming that they will not be able to put any more down, but their current unbuilt will not just poof. So as the land barons sell their plots, they can't buy any empty ones until they either build or sell the unbuilt lots. I am going to be testing how selling a built lot affects the whole thing, but I don't expect anything to block it, since it's only unbuilt ones that have the new mechanic, but you never know with spaghetti code.

I just have to get patron fixed on my other accounts so that I can do this, lol.

Zallnessa
02-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Put up 2 houses and tried to put down my 8x8 farm and got a message saying I couldn't, which is good that it is not just housing.

sirpeter1946
02-22-2015, 01:56 PM
builded Garden and farmhouse,when builded craftstation,window apeared and need to finish my 2 builds,before continue

Asixel
02-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Since I don't have patron in PTS and I can't test it, could you tell if the unbuilt limit is account-wide or per character?

Edit: I've asked multiple times, and finally got an answer. Seems that the unbuilt house limit is per account and not per character.