PDA

View Full Version : A change to some obsidian weapon drops

Moose Wayne
02-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Now, this isn't about how many I have to farm or how rare the droprate is. This is about the higher tiers requiring different items than other higher tier weapons. Now I'm not saying they should all require the same drops to balance things out. I'm saying they should be tradeable.

For example, T4 axe needs a book called Herzan's Research. This item is BoP though. T4 Sword need Renaia's Research, which is also BoP. I'm suggesting that these items should be tradeable at the least. Not sellable so people can't flood the AH with them and just buy the stuff, but at least tradeable so you can give it to some guy who needs it in exchange for an item you need.

To clarify, the items that are bound and used for only specific weapons should be tradeable. Stuff like the obsidian drops and anything else that's used in crafting every obsidian weapon, should remain bound so you have to farm for the mats still

Tammuz
02-21-2015, 05:35 PM
trust me, youll be able to get PLENTY of all of these item drops... the limiting factors in crafting the obsidian weapons will continue to be the salvaged crafted weapons you need to generate each tier

Moose Wayne
02-21-2015, 05:38 PM
I know I'll get plenty of them, drops aren't too bad really. I just don't like having this worthless thing sitting in my bag with absolutely no purpose(for me at least), and not even being able to sell it or give it away. It's feel wasteful that I have to either trash it or leave it rot in my bank

OoziePrime
02-21-2015, 08:02 PM
You could always just make the obsidian weapon and trade that....

Nodoze
03-02-2015, 08:23 AM
You could always just make the obsidian weapon and trade that....If you equip a BOE T1 Obsidian and then upgrade it to T2 (or higher) and haven't equipped the newly upgraded one, does it become tradeable/saleable?

Crazy Mike
03-02-2015, 09:17 AM
why dont you just run in a group and pass / roll on what you need.....?

Austriacus
03-02-2015, 11:25 AM
If you equip a BOE T1 Obsidian and then upgrade it to T2 (or higher) and haven't equipped the newly upgraded one, does it become tradeable/saleable?

Yes, its tradable

Nodoze
03-02-2015, 04:07 PM
why dont you just run in a group and pass / roll on what you need.....?
Yes, its tradableThanks Austriacus... Between grouping and only rolling on what you need/wand and being able to trade them (at least before equiping after going to the next tier) there is lots of flexibility and opportunity...

MalFunction
03-03-2015, 12:27 AM
I know I'll get plenty of them, drops aren't too bad really. I just don't like having this worthless thing sitting in my bag with absolutely no purpose(for me at least), and not even being able to sell it or give it away. It's feel wasteful that I have to either trash it or leave it rot in my bank

Lets try not to make the game too easy for those who apex, sell for gold, and then buy everything they need. Making them work a bit for it wouldn't hurt. And btw, mats for obsidian up to t4 are extremely easy to get and anyone that needs them can farm it in a matter of 1-2 hours, and the t5 and t6 components from bosses and dungeons are tradable (not completely sure so fix me if I'm wrong).