PDA

View Full Version : God's Whip next broken skill?

asunaxxx
02-22-2015, 01:12 AM
Hi, why God's Whip got pauses between every hit? That makes this skill useless in pvp. It should be like in KR without cd between hit, like hearts from vitalism, well at PST heart got also pauses, cant spam anymore, wtf?

Tammuz
02-22-2015, 02:07 AM
thank god they added these pauses... gods whip was OP to a disgusting point in korea whereby mages with godly gear could insta gib everyone and everything... (even if the target also had godly gear)

sorcery is intended to be high damage, long range, and aoe (which this skill sure as hell is) but the main drawback to sorcery is intended to be cast time...

this hopefully will go a ways to balancing a skill that many (myself included) was going to make plate armor un-wearable in pvp (its already the weakest, dosent really need nerfing more)... meanwhile keeps its usefulness and power more or less intact for pve

asunaxxx
02-22-2015, 02:10 AM
yea and battlerage got another jump with high dmg to ppl... for sure not op ...

Tammuz
02-22-2015, 02:21 AM
battlerage is intended to be short range with medium range closers, high damage, and CC... its main drawback is that it does not have TRUE long (30m+ range abilities). a good dagger spell will still crush an equally geared and skilled abolisher or darkrunner, but with these changes does have to put forth some effort into CC and staying at range to do it still (unlike in the KR version where godswhip would just blow them up instantly). the 2 played battle rage classes STILL have 0 answer to the casters fear spell and only 1 answer for the casters 2 root spells (get to break bubble OR mudhand not both)

jump is 20m, godswhip 30

tl;dr: daggerspell still > darkrunner or abolisher but still has to work for its wins instead of being a gimme

Neetero
02-22-2015, 02:45 AM
Hi, why God's Whip got pauses between every hit? That makes this skill useless in pvp. It should be like in KR without cd between hit, like hearts from vitalism, well at PST heart got also pauses, cant spam anymore, wtf?

im with you i hate that delay

Kham
02-22-2015, 02:59 AM
U need to activate the functionality : "skill deployment location"

may be it's the PTS latence too

Neetero
02-22-2015, 05:21 AM
U need to activate the functionality : "skill deployment location"

may be it's the PTS latence too

this one works good but still a little dalay maybe for some latency. Can we have a reply from Trrion? did u add some delay between each god's whip?

sorry for my english :(

Donee
02-22-2015, 05:36 AM
Its PTS latency, guys. In retail server won't exist that "delay".

Gries
02-22-2015, 05:59 AM
Its PTS latency, guys. In retail server won't exist that "delay".
I had the same thought when i tried it for the first time, hope it is like you say :D.

Jackcoyle
02-22-2015, 07:47 AM
thank god they added these pauses... gods whip was OP to a disgusting point in korea whereby mages with godly gear could insta gib everyone and everything... (even if the target also had godly gear)

sorcery is intended to be high damage, long range, and aoe (which this skill sure as hell is) but the main drawback to sorcery is intended to be cast time...

this hopefully will go a ways to balancing a skill that many (myself included) was going to make plate armor un-wearable in pvp (its already the weakest, dosent really need nerfing more)... meanwhile keeps its usefulness and power more or less intact for pve

the part you are complaining about it looks like you have no clue
Any caster with godly gear will gib someone even without gods whip gods whip only scales 100% of ur magic attack or something like that fireballs do more ...
with sorcery being such a cast time dependent tree the fact it does high dmg is a make up for it

personally i feel they should leave the skills the way they are if korea where having a problem with it they would have addressed it in 1.8 but they never which is why im pissed we get the nerfed of everything even tho na and eu probably bring the highest player count at this time .. trion needs to stop giving us the ♥♥♥♥ end of the stick !

Tammuz
02-22-2015, 09:04 AM
theres a reason the game is dead in korea...

"with sorcery being such a cast time dependent tree the fact it does high dmg is a make up for it"

godswhip is instacast last i checked, thus avoiding the above

Zenanii
02-22-2015, 10:14 AM
and it's aoe. And it has 35m range. Halcyona wars are going to be... interesting ._.

Neoxide
02-22-2015, 10:46 AM
So much ignorance in this thread. God's Whip is identical to KR. You must have high cast speed + enable a setting in options for it to be nearly instant.

Bunnyleptic
02-22-2015, 10:52 AM
So much ignorance in this thread. God's Whip is identical to KR. You must have high cast speed + enable a setting in options for it to be nearly instant.

Right.... And which setting may that be?

Neetero
02-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Right.... And which setting may that be?

if u read the other replies you will see "functionality : "skill deployment location" "

asunaxxx
02-23-2015, 03:54 AM
and it's aoe. And it has 35m range. Halcyona wars are going to be... interesting ._. Ohhh yes because Arrow Rain with 50-55m range aoe its not OP AT ALL

Jylin
02-23-2015, 12:41 PM
im really disapointed by this skill, its kinda useless in pvp, cuz it looks like they added global cd between each cast.

Flyro
02-23-2015, 03:42 PM
Try scepter/Katana and Dagger and see how slow it is!

asunaxxx
02-24-2015, 12:19 AM
Flyro 2x 1h dont make cast faster

Bikaz
02-24-2015, 01:01 AM
Flyro 2x 1h dont make cast faster

WRONG, dualwield decreases global cooldown by 10%! So the issue with the global cooldown between the whips is getting smaller. Also Korean servers also have extreme castspeed/atkspeed gems or lunafrost which make it seem as they are instant.

Austriacus
02-24-2015, 02:17 AM
you people dont seem to understand that koreans have like 5 ping.

Kaytrada
02-24-2015, 02:42 AM
LOL, that was the stupidest post I've seen all day. Trion isn't nerfing/buffing things, XL games does it. Trion is just here to give us the game and take XL's game as they give it, XL games changes things that they wished were different in KR version too. Basically you're complaining that the game isn't more broken and that it's not how the devs DON'T want it to be which is extraordinarily stupid of you.

Boombardment
02-24-2015, 07:35 AM

KR does have these pauses, it's just that everyone has a high amount of attack speed in KR. The skill is suppose to be difficult to use, it is not broken.

Dalriaden
02-24-2015, 09:28 AM
the 2 played battle rage classes STILL have 0 answer to the casters fear spell and only 1 answer for the casters 2 root spells (get to break bubble OR mudhand not both)

Clearly shows how little you pvp. Shadowblade counters daggerspell/shadowknight fear, tigerstrike lets you charge even while in mud grip, and bond breaker breaks grip/bubble. Casters aren't long range, they're medium range with cast time. A good shadowblade will beat a daggerspell the majority of the time. Put courageous action up and auroria cloak enchant proc will keep it from being purged. Not to mention shadowblade can stalkers - overwhelm - charge - triple slash -shadowsmite - purge into a silence. That said I can only seem to get off 4 deployments of gods whip on pts and on a moving target you have to predict and lead them so primevals still have the advantage over a daggerspell.

Einar
02-24-2015, 05:09 PM
It's a buff, not a nerf. This skill is instant, there is no real 1s cooldown to delay the skill. You can spam the skill as fast as the attack speed animation allows you to. The 1s global cooldown is a placeholder to extend the time for continuous uses. If you don't use the skill fast enough 5 times, it will disappear even after 1 time.

Here are a few .gif from videos that I recorded to show the tests.

1. Standard mage set-up: Cloth, intelligence accessories, cast time cape.
a. Staff: 2.3 sec
http://gfycat.com/PassionateAngelicCrownofthornsstarfish

http://giant.gfycat.com/PassionateAngelicCrownofthornsstarfish.gif

b. Scepter + Shield: 1.8 sec
http://gfycat.com/GiftedEmptyInvisiblerail

http://giant.gfycat.com/GiftedEmptyInvisiblerail.gif

c. Dual-wield: Scepter + Dagger: 1.6 sec
http://gfycat.com/SpitefulDigitalJunco

http://giant.gfycat.com/SpitefulDigitalJunco.gif

2. And the most important test - Attack speed stacking: Squall Leather atk speed set, flame attack speed rings, attack speed cape
a. dual-wield daggers: 1.1 sec
http://gfycat.com/MiserlyReliableElephant

http://giant.gfycat.com/MiserlyReliableElephant.gif

As you can see, the faster attack speed the faster you can burst without/or minimal delay.

Notes:
- Keep in mind, you can still stack attack speed with cloth set and attack speed cape. However, the animation attack speed will not be fast as pure attack speed stacking. I just wanted to show a big a different it is.
- Better yet, you can have a friend use Songcraft and Vitalism to to use attack speed buff to see even a faster God's Whip burst.

Conclusion: There is little to non delay. Attack speed affects how fast you can cast/burst God's Whip. You suck at pressing buttons.

asunaxxx
02-24-2015, 10:21 PM
Leather set dont give speed, only evasion, +3m for bow range skill, crit rate+5% and reduce trip by 20%
Why attack speed? Why not cast speed, i think cast speed have same effect on global cooldown just like attack speed

Einar
02-25-2015, 01:06 AM
Leather set dont give speed, only evasion, +3m for bow range skill, crit rate+5% and reduce trip by 20%
Why attack speed? Why not cast speed, i think cast speed have same effect on global cooldown just like attack speed

Squall Leather (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/20751/) set has attack speed bonus.

Goko
02-25-2015, 04:07 AM
Gods whip is exactly like how it is in KR version, they just have good ping and a decent gear setup giving them attack speed (decreased global cooldown). You're just new to the spell.

No, it doesnt. Cast speed reduces your casting bar time. Attack speed reduces animation time, GCD, and increases auto attack speed.