PDA

View Full Version : @Scapes @Khrolan @Whoever - coin purses.

Deliqo
02-22-2015, 09:26 AM
Hey there, there are many topics filled with all of our testing of the said new "buffed" purses - can we get an official answer regarding those coin purses whether this is going to stay this way or something is going to be changed, as of now if it's planned to be released this way I think many of us me included can call it the quits.
I'm not saying for all of the people of course but I won't just bother with the game anymore if it's the reality I have to face in the near future for me the westernization has failed and I just won't force myself through more of this anymore.

Infraction
02-22-2015, 10:12 AM
They have been selling us on these buffed coinpurses for a while now.

This is what they want to give us so we either have to deal with it or give our money to someone else that is willing to give us a fun game to play for our money.

Sinbiosin
02-22-2015, 02:41 PM
I think many of us me included can call it the quits.
^^^ This game has beat me into the ground, these coin purses were the only thing that could have brought this game back to life for me. I'm a crafter, and I farmed my own mats simply because archeum prices are too much for me. 100 purses using up 1500 labor you would think they would be far better than Jesters but no, for 1500 labor I can walk atleast halfway satisfied. Simply put Trino, I hope you're not expecting to bring these to live with current drop rates and expect people to not leave

Grammer
02-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Im disappointed that there are not better results coming from the Pts reguarding archeum. If what I'm reading is true I will be gone soon after the update. I'm a crafter and simply put I cant because I didn't hack, cheat or buy gold like so many have. Trion this is your last chance for me and probably 15 players I know of in my guild on tahyang. Good luck... I really hope you don't screw this one up because I do enjoy the game, I just can't do what I like which is craft.

PassingBy
02-22-2015, 09:30 PM
I think buffing archeum trees with the 16x dust drop rate and chance for 22xshard would be a nice save since crafting is a element we all like to do since it involves progress and achievement

joecci
02-22-2015, 11:11 PM
^^^ This game has beat me into the ground, these coin purses were the only thing that could have brought this game back to life for me. I'm a crafter, and I farmed my own mats simply because archeum prices are too much for me. 100 purses using up 1500 labor you would think they would be far better than Jesters but no,

I agree these Library purses just aren't worth the labor you put into them. I'm waiting for the 1.7 archeum trees. these purses suck. I opened up several "stolen prince's purses" and all I got was 2.5-3.5 gold... FOR 150 LABOR! With that much labor I can open 30 jester purses and make a hell of a lot more. Heck even running trade packs I can make 30 gold for that much labor running a larder to twocrowns for charcoal.

Those purses need to drop A LOT more archeum I've opened about 100 library purses now and got 1 mysterious garden powder and 2 sunlight crystal shards.... for 1500 labor.... I could have literally grown more archeum than that with archeum trees.

joecci
02-22-2015, 11:12 PM
Im disappointed that there are not better results coming from the Pts reguarding archeum. If what I'm reading is true I will be gone soon after the update. I'm a crafter and simply put I cant because I didn't hack, cheat or buy gold like so many have. Trion this is your last chance for me and probably 15 players I know of in my guild on tahyang. Good luck... I really hope you don't screw this one up because I do enjoy the game, I just can't do what I like which is craft.

I hear you but I'm holding out for the buffed archeum trees and obsidian eggs in 1.7 which you can use to farm sunpoints, moon points and starpoints. If those aren't handled properly then I'll probably quit after that. I won't be playing much until then really.

Moose Wayne
02-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Replace the regular fire/wave lunarite with the superior and make the next tier lunarite the rare drop. Also put glowing prisms and garden powders in there in stacks of 3 when they drop. And finally either buff up the rate archeum drops at, or triple the amount we get when it does drop.

It's triple the labor cost, it should ideally be triple the drops as well. You can even nerf the silver it drops each purse if you need something to compensate for buffing the rest of the drops.

joecci
02-22-2015, 11:20 PM
Replace the regular fire/wave lunarite with the superior and make the next tier lunarite the rare drop. Also put glowing prisms and garden powders in there in stacks of 3 when they drop. And finally either buff up the rate archeum drops at, or triple the amount we get when it does drop.

It's triple the labor cost, it should ideally be triple the drops as well. You can even nerf the silver it drops each purse if you need something to compensate for buffing the rest of the drops.

well gold is really tied to labor so if it takes triple the labor to open them it should give triple the silver too.

Moose Wayne
02-22-2015, 11:58 PM
well gold is really tied to labor so if it takes triple the labor to open them it should give triple the silver too.

It's already like 30 or so silver, which is around 5-6 times as much as you get from jester's. The real money from purses comes from selling the drops, not the silver you get out of opening each one.

Arcticred
02-23-2015, 12:48 AM
I'm not on PTS so I can only go by the reports and findings posted on this sub forum, I have also been a bit of a white night for this game both with my guild and on these forums.
I don't craft but I know people who do and we have an arrangement where I feed them my archeum drops and they craft for me ..

I know many of them will be quitting if these purses don't get changed before live and i will be right behind them, this is not a veiled threat, its a simple truth.

Artegg
02-23-2015, 04:44 AM
I'm not on PTS so I can only go by the reports and findings posted on this sub forum, I have also been a bit of a white night for this game both with my guild and on these forums.
I don't craft but I know people who do and we have an arrangement where I feed them my archeum drops and they craft for me ..

I know many of them will be quitting if these purses don't get changed before live and i will be right behind them, this is not a veiled threat, its a simple truth.

The amount of people that have already quit is pretty alarming. People just don't believe that Trion can/will fix this.

I will be the first to jump onto the band wagon if this is not sorted by the time this hits live. It is a real shame as this patch adds so much to the game but it wont be accessible behind the Archeum wall.

LlexX
02-23-2015, 06:11 AM
My question @Krholan and @Whoever, won't mention Scapes cuz he doesn't know anything about the game:
When are you guys going to rebalance the Archeum Tree's? Are you going to wait until 1.7 with it like it was the case in KR/RU?

And now about these Library Coinpurses, to balance them you will have to:

Add Archeum Crystals to the droptable, no clue why it's not there, it should be. Like jester has a chance for shard/crystal, merchant for dust/shard, these should have crystal/essence. And you might tweek the droprate for the essences a little bit considering it takes 3 times more LP to open these coinpurses compared to the Jester ones.
Mysterious Garden Powder and Glowing Prism must be added to the droplist as well, there is absolutely no logic in removing them.

Pwnocchio
02-23-2015, 06:36 AM
I think buffing archeum trees with the 16x dust drop rate and chance for 22xshard would be a nice save since crafting is a element we all like to do since it involves progress and achievement

Not waiting 3 to 6 months in hopes that they finally get it right with the two 1.7 releases.

They had a chance to at least make weapon crafting viable by creating demand for the off-brand Illustrious --> Delphinad RNG cast offs, but then they cut the proficiency requirement so anyone the hemmoraged thousands of gold training up weaponcrafting a no longer in demand, everyone can make them.

I just have no idea what Trion/XL Games is thinking.

My sub runs out in March. I'm not going to renew. I'll be fishing until then.

dgrigo
02-23-2015, 07:31 AM
You Devs, can just kill the game for good, love you smart choices. *sarkasm
Prepare for another mash exodus of players if this stay like this, or do what you have to do to keep playerbase at least at the numbers your choices have shrink it.
Next time when i post i will be insulting.

Pwnocchio
02-23-2015, 07:43 AM
My question @Krholan and @Whoever, won't mention Scapes cuz he doesn't know anything about the game:
When are you guys going to rebalance the Archeum Tree's? Are you going to wait until 1.7 with it like it was the case in KR/RU?

Based on recent Friday Twitch Feeds the new archeum tree's will be in the 1.7 patches, which will be 2 seperate patches with the first comming ~2 months after Diamond Shores drops and the 2nd 1.7 patch 2.3 months after the first 1.7 patch.

They didn't say which patch would include the new archeum tree's, so it could be May or it could be July.

Regarding Library Purse drops, I really think a dev needs to get out front on this and state if the drops on PTS are operating as intended of state that there may be further investigation needed.

Infraction
02-23-2015, 07:50 AM
I hope for their sake this isn't the vision for the drop rate, this is just not worth it to me.

Seems there are several people as well that wont continue to grind for little to no reward also.

I've been holding out hope this would improve the ability to craft but it looks like that was wrong at this point. I cant continue to donate money to devs that seem to do the opposite of what I envisioned going forward. I hope they maintain enough purchases to keep the game viable until they figure it out.

junweizhu
02-23-2015, 08:02 AM
I called it. People thought this was the archeun saviour they were waiting for, but I knew better. Well, I still enjoy the items I get from farming coinpurses, maybe I get just as lucky here.

Infraction
02-23-2015, 08:17 AM
I called it. People thought this was the archeun saviour they were waiting for, but I knew better. Well, I still enjoy the items I get from farming coinpurses, maybe I get just as lucky here.

I feel like this was there chance to make or break it though, and I think they broke it.

junweizhu
02-23-2015, 08:30 AM
I feel like this was there chance to make or break it though, and I think they broke it.

I've always felt that they're not going to up the chance of archeum that easily and if they do, it will be in very small increments. Maybe they'll make some fixes in the coinpurses. Just keep going with coinpurse farming and have them collect more and more data on it to see if everything works as they think it would.

Infraction
02-23-2015, 08:58 AM
I've always felt that they're not going to up the chance of archeum that easily and if they do, it will be in very small increments. Maybe they'll make some fixes in the coinpurses. Just keep going with coinpurse farming and have them collect more and more data on it to see if everything works as they think it would.

Im planning the other option of just moving to a game that gives me some reward for the effort I put into the game, farming coinpurses all day for weeks on end is not fun or emergent, its just boring.

junweizhu
02-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Im planning the other option of just moving to a game that gives me some reward for the effort I put into the game, farming coinpurses all day for weeks on end is not fun or emergent, its just boring.

I heard games like lineage 2 and everquest also has these kinds of droprate of important things, maybe even lower. I don't see how people find those games boring when they're still playing those games.

Ratclerk
02-23-2015, 11:18 AM
I have been with the game since closed beta. I have spent money on patron and credits and stuck with the game through all the mistakes and cash grabbing. I like the core of the game and am okay with the rng making top tier items actually take time to acquire. I want to spend a long time working hard to obtain my goals and eventually be geared in full Aynyad gear, but what I don't understand is why Trion/XLgames want's me to give up on that goal because it is unobtainable without spending large sums of real money.

Archeum should not be this hard to obtain when it is such a vital part of crafting. You already have the content gated with labor. I have to use labor to grow mats, labor to run trade routes, labor for growing/obtaining mats, labor to process the mats, labor to open purses for archeum, and labor to actually craft the item. Granted spending enough real money on workers comp potions I can speed this process up, but it will still be stonewalled by the RNG. Most items you craft will brick and be worthless, guess what labor to salvage it, and then labor to craft it up to hit the brick wall again, but when you finally get the piece you want all that hard work is worth it.

The problem is with the current archeum drop rates you have to dedicate all your labor to purse farming just to have enough archeum to attempt a few crafts, then you don't have the labor to actually make the item. Some may say avoid the RNG and crafting and just buy off AH with gold, which sounds great, but if nobody crafts then there will be nothing to buy.

I have been telling myself things will get better, Trion says they know archeum drop rates are a problem, just keep holding on until library hits. Well guess what, that was a steaming pile of lies. Things are not better, in fact the library purses seem worse than jesters.....HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE. How when your game is hemorrhaging people every day do you not see the problem? Look I am not asking for free epic lootz, all I am asking for is the chance to actual make some progress.

Even with an unlimited supply of archeum, it would still take me forever to get Aynayd gear because of the RNG and labor so its not that I will run out of things to do and be bored. I have made countless pieces of gear and yet to have a piece reach Delphinad. One attempt I took 10 pieces at once from mag to eph, and not one of those was upgrade able, and only one was the actually the type I wanted (wanted Earth or Desert). That was a ton of time, labor, and mats that still has me nowhere near closer to my goal, let alone getting even one piece Delphinad, let alone getting to Aynayd.

At this point, unless something changes before library is released, I am done. Another paying customer gone and less money in your pocket. Yes I know I will not be missed by the community and many will say I should play an easier game or a non-korean MMO, but the grind is not the issue, I played Lineage 2 from prelude and I know about grind.

In closing, I understand my post will do nothing and the drop rates will not change and Trion will continue to attempt the milking of its customers, but this milk factory will be shutting its doors. To all those still white knighting that the game is as intended, enjoy your empty game in a couple months.

Ratclerk
02-23-2015, 11:29 AM
I heard games like lineage 2 and everquest also has these kinds of droprate of important things, maybe even lower. I don't see how people find those games boring when they're still playing those games.

Lineage 2 had very low drop rates and crafting was difficult. Gear was expensive and always maintained value because of how hard it was to obtain and crystal value for Soul Shots. Higher levels of crafting had 60% crafts or 100% requiring more mats and overall more cost, so you could gamble on a 60% or go safe route with 100%. Over enchanting gear was difficult and items could break. But even with all that it never felt like you were trying to accomplish the impossible. If you put enough time and effort you would eventual get where you wanted to be.

This game penalizes you for grinding a basic crafting mat, archeum, by hiding it behind purses that require labor to open AND has abysmal rates of dropping. Then kicks you in the nuts when you finally craft something by bricking or giving something completely useless like sunset plate armor. So suddenly your whole month of grinding has been wasted, your character has had no advancement, your bank is not full of mats your saving for your big craft, instead you have a crappy item that you can sell for a few pennies. At that rate why not just get another job and then P2W, at least then you know your effort would have a positive net result.

Infraction
02-23-2015, 11:41 AM
Lineage 2 had very low drop rates and crafting was difficult. Gear was expensive and always maintained value because of how hard it was to obtain and crystal value for Soul Shots. Higher levels of crafting had 60% crafts or 100% requiring more mats and overall more cost, so you could gamble on a 60% or go safe route with 100%. Over enchanting gear was difficult and items could break. But even with all that it never felt like you were trying to accomplish the impossible. If you put enough time and effort you would eventual get where you wanted to be.

This game penalizes you for grinding a basic crafting mat, archeum, by hiding it behind purses that require labor to open AND has abysmal rates of dropping. Then kicks you in the nuts when you finally craft something by bricking or giving something completely useless like sunset plate armor. So suddenly your whole month of grinding has been wasted, your character has had no advancement, your bank is not full of mats your saving for your big craft, instead you have a crappy item that you can sell for a few pennies. At that rate why not just get another job and then P2W, at least then you know your effort would have a positive net result.

This pretty much sums it up.

The only people happy with the rarity of these drops are coin purse farmers. When the rumbling archeum exploit was active for a short time I was selling polish as quickly as I could make them. Now some days they don't sell at all even if I undercut. There isn't much room left to undercut on them due to the low demand and the raw mats and AH fee eating into any would be seen profits.

If everyone farmed coin purses there would be no gear on the AH for people to spend the money on and the value of archeum and lunarite would make coin purses not worth the labor.

Myrgatroid
02-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Add me to the pool of people who will be calling it quits if the current PTS drop rates are 'normal'. My FAVORITE part of all of this is Trinevereverunlesstherearedollarsigns' lack of communication regarding the issue. Suitable responses would be:

"We know there is concern over archeum drops currently on PTS and we are looking into it"
"Drop rates are working as intended. We'll be trying to save the game 4 months from now after all of 1.7 is implemented"
"We are introducing RNG boxes that are 490 credits and have a chance to 5 motes up to 1 essence"

ET CETERA. Lack of communication is TERRIBLE. Closing with this semi-relevant quote from 'Nightcrawler': "You see, Rick, they've done studies, and they found that in any system that relies on cooperation, from a school of fish or say even a professional hockey team for example, these experts have identified communication as the number one single key to success."

Infraction
02-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Add me to the pool of people who will be calling it quits if the current PTS drop rates are 'normal'. My FAVORITE part of all of this is Trinevereverunlesstherearedollarsigns' lack of communication regarding the issue. Suitable responses would be:

"We know there is concern over archeum drops currently on PTS and we are looking into it"
"Drop rates are working as intended. We'll be trying to save the game 4 months from now after all of 1.7 is implemented"
"We are introducing RNG boxes that are 490 credits and have a chance to 5 motes up to 1 essence"

ET CETERA. Lack of communication is TERRIBLE. Closing with this semi-relevant quote from 'Nightcrawler': "You see, Rick, they've done studies, and they found that in any system that relies on cooperation, from a school of fish or say even a professional hockey team for example, these experts have identified communication as the number one single key to success."

Such a great and creepy movie.

Myrgatroid
02-23-2015, 12:11 PM
This pretty much sums it up.

The only people happy with the rarity of these drops are coin purse farmers. When the rumbling archeum exploit was active for a short time I was selling polish as quickly as I could make them. Now some days they don't sell at all even if I undercut. There isn't much room left to undercut on them due to the low demand and the raw mats and AH fee eating into any would be seen profits.

If everyone farmed coin purses there would be no gear on the AH for people to spend the money on and the value of archeum and lunarite would make coin purses not worth the labor.

These people selling small leaf for 7g50s ea on AH cluster 2 ..... wtf, honestly? I'm also truly admiring the intelligence of the folks that are undercutting viscous/small leaf by 1g50s between listings. 'Well these latest listings are 11g ea but still up here, they must be too expensive. Let's just list mine at 9g50s". And the cycle goes on and on.

EDIT: Haha, yeah my wife and I really enjoyed the movie. Jake Gyllenhall did a FANTASTIC job of playing a creep.

Infraction
02-24-2015, 10:24 AM
More information about the archeum issue.

GailMacFade
02-24-2015, 04:09 PM

Yup, the best description of character "progression" in this game, after simple GHA gear. Add regrading on top of it and you are also without gold.

System is rigged to drain wallets. Archeum supply chest?

To the devs: character progression in MMOs is a fundamental, most important gameplay element, in case you forgot. Lack of thereof will make people leave. Character progression in this game is crafted gear.

MasterxTenshi
02-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Coinpurse farming is dead to me! -_-