PDA

View Full Version : Archeum possible solutions

Steinor
02-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Given that all complain about the drop, but nobody gives a solution, these are the options for the archeum drop problem:

- Drastically reduce or remove the Labor requeriments for open purses.
- Drastically rise the archeum drop chance on purses.
- New trade routes for archeum.
- Rise the drop quantity of archeum trees.
- Remove CRAFT from Archeage catchword :rolleyes:

The catchword of Archeage is "CRAFT, conquer and claim" but u CANT craft with this archeum drop rates and prices.
Trion, if u dont want dead servers, change this for the next update.

Infraction
02-23-2015, 09:57 AM
Given that all complain about the drop, but nobody gives a solution, these are the options for the archeum drop problem:

The catchword of Archeage is "CRAFT, conquer and claim" but u CANT craft with this archeum drop rates and prices.
Trion, if u dont want dead servers, change this for the next update.

The solution has been presented many times.

Increase the drop rate.

There is nothing creative or outside the box that needs to be done other than that. If archeum dropped as often as say mining for iron ore did or how often you get lumber from trees, this archeum discussion would be non existent.

Its not going to break the game if you got archeum at a regular pace. The RNG involved in anything over illustrious crafting will handle a lot of the issues as well as the restrictions on labor pools.

Regrades will continue to sink money out of the economy as people wouldn't be as reluctant to regrade weapons and armor if it was more readily accessible. The power gap that is creeping in as the people that have the higher grade weapons and are killing people with GHA and quest armor because they haven't been able to afford or make higher tier gear would start to lessen.

Alchemist would be able to move polishes that crafters don't want to waste their labor on creating. Stabilizers would be in higher demand leading to more activity on the sea, making pirates happy again and trade runners happy. Prices would stabilize on weapons and armor as there would be more crafters in the market. Currently very few people control the prices and with a lack of competition can name their price on weapons and armor, which leads to people getting desperate and purchasing gold from a 3rd party site.(There will always be RMT gold sales but they are making the issue worse due to this at the moment.)

Its not that solutions haven't been given its just that they seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

There is still plenty of grind left, archeum doesn't need to be one of them to artificially keep people from progressing.

felixius
02-23-2015, 10:31 AM
I don't think Trion needs help identifying how to increase the archeum supply, as they've acknowledged a few of the really cool ideas presented already. Rather, they're having trouble seeing why more archeum needs to be added. I personally don't think we'll ever convince them of the why. They seem to have made up their collective mind (or someone has for them) that archeum supply is ok. It tells me that either 1) they are out of touch and don't actually play the game or 2) they truly are handcuffed by XL or some high level decision maker at Trion; either is quite worrying for the longevity of the game.

It seems that the only way to get a change is to forget the appeals to reason and to scream as loud as possible (see sloth glider). We need multiple topics on every sub-forum, with every forum warrior putting archeum droprates on blast.

Infraction
02-23-2015, 10:38 AM
What really makes things worse is the tough time they have had apparently communicating with XL about issues of them game. They supposedly talk a lot about the game but we don't see that in the form of changes to the game or much in the form of actual communication.

Instead we get window dressings and "we hear you" but very rarely any results. The only big change we have seen come out of the test server was the outrage over the sloth glider. Outside of that this has just been a chance to make sure the game would run before pushing it live, very little bug work has been done that is noticeable to the majority of the public.

tobi1449
02-23-2015, 10:44 AM
Only raising the drop chance from purses would be a bad idea IMO.
It would just benefit those who are able to farm all day, and frankly coinpurses farming is already way too profitable compared to other professions.
If you'd just increase the drops from the archeum trees to a point where they are actually worthwile you'd increase the value of land in Auroria and revitalize it at least a little bit.

felixius
02-23-2015, 10:46 AM
Only raising the drop chance from purses would be a bad idea IMO.
It would just benefit those who are able to farm all day, and frankly coinpurses farming is already way too profitable compared to other professions.
If you'd just increase the drops from the archeum trees to a point where they are actually worthwile you'd increase the value of land in Auroria and revitalize it at least a little bit.

I disagree. Even if I am not a coinpurse farmer, just adding more archeum to the economy would decrease archeum prices. Any solution that adds more to the game benefits everyone.

felixius
02-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Please vote here:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?166388-Archeum

Also, any posts would be appreciated. A bigger thread means more bad press on the issue.

junweizhu
02-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Change the money you get from coinpurses to an amount of low tier archeum. Problem maybe solved? Either way cooking and alchemy doesn't get affected in this in any way.

felixius
02-23-2015, 10:55 AM
Change the money you get from coinpurses to an amount of low tier archeum. Problem maybe solved? Either way cooking and alchemy doesn't get affected in this in any way.

I'd love that idea. Instead of getting anything else, just give 1-3 motes per bag. That would bring archeum down to 5g crystals.

Pwnocchio
02-23-2015, 10:57 AM

Steinor, every single one of these suggestions has been spammed at Trion more times than they can count. Three weeks ago they even stated in their live-stream that they really liked a lot of the ideas, but they also stated that they have to work with XL Games to find a long term solution and they didn't hint at what that solution would be or when it might happen.

In short, it sounds like XL Games believes there is no problem, or at least they aren't interested in providing any content that isn't scheduled for Diamond Shores or 1.7.

XL Games must feel that they'll make more money by keeping players around for the year or more it will take to get their end-game weapons, even if it results in a high attrition rate for people that get sick of the grind.

This model is just bad. I really think Guild Wars 1 had it right in getting everyone to max level (20th) quickly and then letting people differentiate with their skill bars and gear skins.

junweizhu
02-23-2015, 11:02 AM
I'd love that idea. Instead of getting anything else, just give 1-3 motes per bag. That would bring archeum down to 5g crystals.

I was thinking about 1 mote per 1-2 lp from coinpurses(maybe too much?). It reduces possible inflation from coinpurses and makes farming coinpurses also better scale with inflation.

Arialun
02-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Let's put it this way about Archeum situation.

- Players know what's wrong with it.
- Trion knows what's wrong with it.
- Players suggests a solution for it.
- Trion choose to ignore it.

So we're stuck at where we are right now. Apparently the PTS results on Archeum are not that positive either.

felixius
02-23-2015, 11:06 AM
I was thinking about 1 mote per 1-2 lp from coinpurses(maybe too much?). It reduces possible inflation from coinpurses and makes farming coinpurses also better scale with inflation.

Yea not sure what i did there, but i like your valuation. And I agree, you really would cut down on inflation with this as well. That means the only gold coming into the economy would be trading/fishing/ and the little bit from questing/dailies, keeping all of those viable.

junweizhu
02-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Yea not sure what i did there, but i like your valuation. And I agree, you really would cut down on inflation with this as well. That means the only gold coming into the economy would be trading/fishing/ and the little bit from questing/dailies, keeping all of those viable.

Yes, it also stops botters from directly getting gold and so they have to sell their items to get the gold they need to sell, possibly delaying them long enough for trion to do something about the botters before they sell anything.

Infraction
02-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Another thread regarding the archeum discussion