PDA

View Full Version : @Khrolan @Scapes: DON'T LAUNCH THIS BUILD TO LIVE! 2 Big Issues you need to fix ASAP!

SkullMonkey
02-23-2015, 12:18 PM
Sorry for the All caps but this is really important guys. While there is a lot of cool new stuff in the secrets of Ayanad build, you have 2 major flaws that need to be fixed.

1) Badly Nerfed Crafting requirements - while I know you guys were trying to make weapon/armor crafting more accessible by removing/reducing the proficiency requirements... But that's not the way to solve the crafting. Reducing the necessity for RNG procs and increasing archeum supply is what you need to be looking at. Implementing this proficiency nerf would be DETRIMENTAL to the server. Not only is this a HUGE slap in the face to anyone that does crafting, you're essentially BREAKING those crafting trees with those changes. I mean the changes don't even make sense. I can craft all the way up to Delphinad with just 25k prof? Yet it takes me 75k to craft ayanad? By doing this you remove all challenge to leveling those crafting trees until you get to Ayanad and then its such a huge divide most people won't even attempt it.

The proficiency levels are fine the way they are. I mean it's supposed to be difficult to get to the higher level crafted items. Its one of the end game goals that keeps people playing. I mean if you just GAVE me the ability to craft delphinad (which you would be doing as I'm at 35k prof already) I wouldn't really have much to shoot for. I'll just craft up to delph and make Obsidian weapons all day as they are arguably better than Ayanad weapons. This nerf is like treating a broken ankle by cutting off the legs an the knees.... its really misguided lol. The problem that makes these crafting trees "inaccessible" is the archeum supply. Fix the archeum supply and you do much to fix the crafting. Long story short DO NOT implement the proficiency changes to armor/weapon crafting. Nerfing a core element of game that hard will just make ppl quit the game or get bored and leave.

2) Library coin purses have ridiculous labor costs to open with very little yield- These are another "slap in the face" type change. I honestly can't even tell a difference between the drop rate of library purses and jester purses yet I have to pay 15 labor vs 5 to open them.... I mean why the hell would I do that when I can get just as much archeum if not more from jesters at 1/3 the cost of labor? I opened 100 library purses which cost me 1500 labor and all I got was 1 mysterious garden powder 2 archeum shards and 28 gold.... really? I mean... really? Give me 1500 labor and I'll show you 250 gold easily and a hell of a lot more archeum if I'm farming jester purses. I also opened 2 "Stolen prince's purses" and 2 "stolen library purses" which cost 150 labor to open EACH. You know what I got out of all of them? 12 gold. For something that has such a ridiculously high cost it just doesn't make sense to even open them. Again I can spend that labor in more productive ways.

So how do we resolve these issues?

Well the library purses can be fixed 1 of 2 ways. 1) lower the labor cost to 7 or 8 labor each and scale the drop rate up a little more. 2) Triple the yield of library coin purses in comparison to jester purses. If it costs triple the labor it should = triple the yield.

As for those trolling "prince's purses" and "stolen librarian's purses" those should have a 25-33% chance to drop archeum crystals or essance. It should really be akin to opening up a "divine box" you get 2-4 gold plus a USEFUL item like what is currently in the divine gift boxes.

How to fix Archeum supply on a grand scale as well as improve PvP and activity in Auroria:

Increase Archeum tree yield to 1-3 shards per tree... it's that simple. Not that crap patch in 1.7. It barely increases yield because your blowing all your labor getting gilda to keep buying trees and you can place less trees on a farm so its little more than a wash in the end. I'm talking about keeping the current trees the way they are, only you would tweak them to yield shards instead of dust. Not only would that bring in a lot of additional archeum into the economy, thus making crafting more accessible (there's your solution to that problem you were trying to address with the proficiency nerf), it would also fuel desire to own land in Auroria, making it the competitive End game zone to own and control (as it was meant to be), fuel endgame PvP and increase player interest in the game. Seriously you make that 1 change and I guarantee it will have a HUGE positive trickle down effect.

I mean Try it out on the PTS.... what have you got to lose right? If it doesn't work on the PTS you can always pull it and try something else.

P.S. you also need to fix the Mirage portal gates by the library... can't use the portal because you get an error message that says "can't attack in safe zones" or something weird like that when you hit the "f" key to access the portal.

HoboGames
02-23-2015, 12:50 PM
1) Not an issue. They are lowering the barrier to entry for crafts.
2) Sample size much? Library and Jester coin purses are roughly the same when it comes to gold/labor ratio.

I thought you said there was "Big issues" to fix? loool

P.S - I can confirm you can't use the mirage port near library as the safe zone seems to be preventing you from jumping in it. (Going to have to trim the safe zone away from the Mirage Isle port or make it so you can jump through Mirage Isle ports while a safe zone)

Grammer
02-23-2015, 12:51 PM
It doesn't surprise me that they are remaining quite about all this but if this update goes live with the proficiency reduction and no increase in archeum I'm not even going to update just going to uninstall. I have been patiently waiting for this update hoping for a much better crating experience and now we get this. Unfortunately I don't think they care or we would have a response.

jumbaliah
02-23-2015, 12:52 PM
1) Not an issue. They are lowering the barrier to entry for crafts.
2) Sample size much? Library and Jester coin purses are roughly the same when it comes to gold/labor ratio.

I thought you said there was "Big issues" to fix? loool

P.S - I can confirm you can't use the mirage port near library as the safe zone seems to be preventing you from jumping in it. (Going to have to trim the safe zone away from the Mirage Isle port or make it so you can jump through Mirage Isle ports while a safe zone)

you're dumb.

jumbaliah
02-23-2015, 12:53 PM
It doesn't surprise me that they are remaining quite about all this but if this update goes live with the proficiency reduction and no increase in archeum I'm not even going to update just going to uninstall. I have been patiently waiting for this update hoping for a much better crating experience and now we get this. Unfortunately I don't think they care or we would have a response.

same, i was giving this game a break until the next update as it is. from the sounds of it Trion is just trying to get more money out of us from ♥♥♥♥ty RNG boxes. Going to wait until the patch goes live and if archeum isnt fixed there's plenty of other games to play.

HoboGames
02-23-2015, 01:00 PM
you're dumb.

I'm dumb? You're in here crying about them not fixing archeum drop rates but you don't even realize what's going to happen the first month Library goes live. The whole server population is going to be leveling 50-55 and acquiring a large amount of coin purses and spending mainly all their labor opening said coin purses. Archeum drop rates are fine. Don't give into these carebears who want BiS gear in 1 week.

SkullMonkey
02-23-2015, 01:17 PM
I'm dumb? You're in here crying about them not fixing archeum drop rates but you don't even realize what's going to happen the first month Library goes live. The whole server population is going to be leveling 50-55 and acquiring a large amount of coin purses and spending mainly all their labor opening said coin purses. Archeum drop rates are fine. Don't give into these carebears who want BiS gear in 1 week.

You're actually contradicting yourself here. If you're concerned about the "carebears" getting BIS gear in one week then why the hell are you supporting the lower Proficiency gates? Hell with those gates removed everyone will have obsidian weapons DAY 1 let alone week one. You're being a complete hypocrite! lol.

As for the library coin purses... how you are NOT seeing the problem here is beyond me. I'm not the only one talking about the complete lack of archeum in these library purses that cost THREE TIMES as much labor as a jester purse. The problem isn't that we don't want to work for the archeum. The problem is that the library purse labor to loot drop ratio is completely out of whack. Either the drops need to be increased to match the additional labor or the labor to open the purses has to be reduced to match the yield. That's all.

Infraction
02-23-2015, 02:19 PM

People wouldn't get BiS in a week as you put it.

RNG and labor would insure that.

Shalille
02-23-2015, 02:23 PM
I noticed that the new purses do pay about 6 times as much silver as the jesters, while 3 times the labor.

So in terms of labor cost vs loot, thats a 100% increase in raw currency loot which could make the rng rates more bearable.

Ratclerk
02-23-2015, 02:28 PM
I noticed that the new purses do pay about 6 times as much silver as the jesters, while 3 times the labor.

So in terms of labor cost vs loot, thats a 100% increase in raw currency loot which could make the rng rates more bearable.

There are already enough gold faucets in this game, we don't need more raw currency, we need ARCHEUM, the lifeblood of crafting in this game. I can give you 100,000 gold and what good will that do you if there is not enough archeum to breakthrough RNG to craft the high level items. We already know from the inflated economy from the gold sellers that when more gold is in the game Ephs and Delphs just went up in price, they still had the same value which is based on the difficulty in crafting them.

FlavioSuarez
02-23-2015, 02:33 PM
They can launch this build to at least start farming obsidians as long as they try to get a fix to the coinpurses as soon as possible to release later.

Ratclerk
02-23-2015, 02:38 PM
They can launch this build to at least start farming obsidians as long as they try to get a fix to the coinpurses as soon as possible to release later.

If they actually would do that I would agree. But we all know that is not going to happen. We need to make a stand and say we won't accept this. If they do not address this issue we need to have a mass exodus from this game when the patch hits and hit them where it hurts, their wallet.

felixius
02-23-2015, 02:42 PM
If they actually would do that I would agree. But we all know that is not going to happen. We need to make a stand and say we won't accept this. If they do not address this issue we need to have a mass exodus from this game when the patch hits and hit them where it hurts, their wallet.

Good post, and a very accurate assessment there Ratclerk. For anyone that hasn't yet, post/poll here:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?166388-Archeum

Infraction
02-23-2015, 03:06 PM

We have been told it will be fixed for a long time now. I think a lot of people are losing faith in words and need to see some action.

SkullMonkey
02-23-2015, 03:52 PM
In My opinion the best way to fix the archeum issue is to just adjust the archeum tree yields. Have each tree yield 1-3 shards per tree instead of 1-3 dust and the archeum problem would be solved. Also the whole end game PvP would be solved as well as everyone would be fighting over land in Auroria.... it would be a wonderful battlefield where the trees are covered in blood lol.

Infraction
02-24-2015, 10:22 AM
Good information.

Lamoose
02-24-2015, 11:36 AM
Another option for Archeum is to let us salvage ALL instance gear, Dust from 20-29, Shards from 30-39, Crystals from 40-50, Essences from Serp/SoDL.

Inori
02-24-2015, 11:43 AM
Proficiency change is good and healthy, it comes from 1.7 version of the game and I 100% support it, even tho I still invested a lot of gold into leveling some profs. Crafting should not be only for whales that can invest huge chunks of gold. Still archeum and labor will gate a lot of people from it so I don't see any reason to not let it be that way.

As for coinpurses, well if its gonna stay like it, gg archeum dreams. Archeum market will stay being directly connected with cash shop... Trion, please, please fix coinpurses :( 1100 libarian coin purses on pts and 1 moonlight essence, 2 shards, 1 dust? What the ... actually?

How trion is expect us to craft ANYTHING if you would need 5 days of online labor to even open those...

Whipstar
02-24-2015, 02:53 PM
Lol lowering required profiency to 25k is nice.. Wtf are you talking about? Do you really want new players to stop playing before they even start? When it cost 100x as much to level weaponcrafting now, than it did for 3-4 months ago?

Be careful you don't lock out new players completely with your nonsense.. I started playing 1 month ago, and i'm close to giving up already, cause everyone is so far ahead, and AA offers no shortcut to new players (And yea we need em, because things are more expensive now, then when you started, we can't do a single 5g traderunsand buy 100 archeum dust anymore...)