PDA

View Full Version : to much focus on purses?

clawgerber
02-24-2015, 11:04 AM
I wasn't on the pts, long but while i was farming mobs i saw 2 shroud master items drop, you know those unidentified items that take 25 labor to open. I don't know about anyone else bit I've seen two regular armor drops in the last month. perhaps trion's fix for archeum is feeding "junk" equipment into the market that can be even stoned into archeum. Someone who has spent more time in pts can confirm or deny this, just a thought.

Infraction
02-24-2015, 11:57 AM
The drop rate on those junk items is still pretty low.

Moose Wayne
02-24-2015, 12:05 PM
I haven't gotten any increase on gear drop rate at all. And even if there was, it's crystals at best for most of the high level stuff. Auroria cloaks salvage down to essences but that's about it

MalFunction
02-25-2015, 08:19 PM
I think the shroudmaster stuff and other accessory stuff is dropped by a lottery system. Like after however so many mob kills on a server, a random mob drops one. since there arent as many people on the pts as live servers, you're given a considerably higher chance. When I made a toon on a low population server, I came across like 4 shroudmaster items just leveling up to 15, which took less than 2 hours.

elgen
02-25-2015, 09:02 PM
I think the shroudmaster stuff and other accessory stuff is dropped by a lottery system. Like after however so many mob kills on a server, a random mob drops one. since there arent as many people on the pts as live servers, you're given a considerably higher chance. When I made a toon on a low population server, I came across like 4 shroudmaster items just leveling up to 15, which took less than 2 hours.

the drop rate for level 1-15 items is very higher and you can't look at that and then level 50 gear. As near as I can tell the drop rate is the same as the live server's. If your solo farming for 2-3 hours most of the time u can expect at least 1 drop. Thats 2-3 hours none stop grinding there seems to be a window of opportunity required as the bulk of the multi drops I get in one hour are withing 30 seconds to 5 mins of each other. And the ones I do get back to back within seconds are the same type 90% of the time. It's not a lottery system and the kill count really does not matter. Or you would see stuff dropping in hasla all the time. The only reason we are seeing a lot of item drops from pts is because people are doing one of two things. Grinding mobs for purses or pvping lol.

Drop rate buff look like it works but now how most think. They do not seem to effect your item chance per kill but I do tend to get more clusters of drops when that window of opportunity is open. So if your going to use the drop rate buffs make sure you have enough for 2-3 hours of farming.