PDA

View Full Version : [PTS] Library Mob Stomp Event - Feb 24

Khrolan
02-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for participating in today's PTS event. The main goal of these events is to help us generate testing data. For those of you who missed it, the goal was to kill library mobs/rares/bosses for a set 30 minute duration in groups of 5 people. Groups earned points for each of the following items they retrieved in the set amount of time:

1 Point:
Fine Wave Lunarite
Fine Fire Lunarite
Fine Gale Lunarite
Fine Earth Lunarite
Fine Lunarite

3 Points:
Heroic Obsidian T4/T5 Tradable Components (Example: Wynn's Bronze Cross, Kaylin's Quill, etc)

Group leaders sent an in-game mail to Trion_Khrolan with their group's results and a list of group members. I'm happy to say we had over 70 active groups in the library at the same time. The average group attained 2.5 points.

The winning groups are as follows (blame your group leader if your name is spelled incorrectly):

FIRST PLACE: Kynas, Chokyx, Yuichan, Xhada, Row [13 points]
SECOND PLACE: Futile, Aisoko, Junni, Crownknight, Clownfacedwhore [12 points]
THIRD PLACE: Skizza, Purifier, Admiralsp, Tiinker, Tabletoirl [9 points]
THIRD PLACE: Asuna, Rngesus, Kaneki, Ripper, Schutz [9 points]
FIFTH PLACE: Unji, Hogggle, Bianca, Nodramaplz, Jaylog [7 points]

Some components that were sent as having been earned prior to the event were removed from the tally. 6 groups were tied for a non-prize 6th place with 6 points. Winners will be contacted by in-game mail or in-person for their rewards.

Each member of each winning group receives a suit of Ayanad Armor of their choice for testing. 3rd-5th place receives it at Heroic quality, 2nd place at Unique and 1st place at Celestial.

I'll be running more events each day this week at approximately 4-5pm PST. The event type changes on a daily basis (example: Monday was a bloodbath PvP event to grab high end weapons out of public lockboxes). If you want to join a PTS event, plan to be available on the server from 4pm to 6pm PST. I've also been doing events on a minor, non-announced scale during morning hours PST.

There have been a lot of folks asking for handout items. The best way to earn an item is by testing, reporting bugs, and participating in events. I can safely say that negative attitudes are not rewarded. If you don't like an event, you aren't required to participate and admittedly they aren't for everyone. To those of you who joined and had fun, thanks for creating a positive atmosphere.

As always, this is Public TEST Server. The point of it is to test upcoming content. The items given here are temporary and will be wiped at some point. If I missed your message, if your group got screwed, or if something was not fairly done please consider that I'm a one man show doing this manually for fun and to help our version of the game. None of these rewards transfer to live servers.

-Khro

Cathrax
02-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Thanks for takeing your time to hold events like this :)

Crazy Mike
02-24-2015, 08:01 PM
got off pts early so i didnt get to take part, hope ill be on for tommorows event :P

LCKaneki
Yay GG to everyone!

Insaneshottz
Dang we got 6 points :P, was really fun though :D. Gz to all winners, can't wait for tomorrows event :D.

Thanks for taking time to run this stuff Khrolan! ;)

Tiiinker
02-24-2015, 08:02 PM
3 eyes!! =)

beanie
02-24-2015, 08:05 PM
i CAN'T BELIEVE I WON HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Goko
02-24-2015, 08:28 PM
most disfuctional group, gg everyone :P

Infraction
02-24-2015, 08:34 PM
So are we just avoiding the archeum issue all together?

Myrgatroid
02-24-2015, 09:08 PM
Thanks for taking the time to do this (/s, /s, /s, /s, /s) ... but yet not finding the time to address any of the 100 questions regarding archeum drop rates ... GEEFINGGEE

Moose Wayne
02-24-2015, 09:28 PM
So are we just avoiding the archeum issue all together?

Well they are collecting data about mob drops. Might be observing archeum as well since the wave and the fire stuff are in the purses.

Infraction
02-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Well they are collecting data about mob drops. Might be observing archeum as well since the wave and the fire stuff are in the purses.

Theres been tons of it collected.

At this point they are just avoiding this discussion that started originally in July of 2014.

John Small
02-24-2015, 11:26 PM
You are an idiot. We don't need to personally pm krogahn for a system admin to pull these values out of the database if they are already in place to collect them. Our complaints and concerned have beenmadeclearforthepast 4 days and have been ignored. This is nothing but pr spin, krogan is getting paid to play god on the private trion server while ignoring the tons of existing feedback. Go play scavenger hunt for anyad gear, make it seem like trion cares even though theyve never done any kind of interactive event on a live server for the past 6 months. This is beyond pathetic. Trion seems really intent on sitting on test server, ignoring us, and wasting our time, just so they will have something to ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ about at pax.

Mark your callenders. level 55, march 16. No changes to drop rates. Lots of 'fruitful discussions with xlgames'. But no fruit to be seen. These things take time! "hangul is hard". 10,000 lines of text! Archeum dust is better than nothing. HAR. HAR. HAR.

TrapGod
02-24-2015, 11:34 PM
my team got last place lol - jaylog

sSaSs
02-25-2015, 12:15 AM
I'll be running more events each day this week at approximately 4-5pm PST.

I'd say it's a good thing you run an event, but preventing the time prevent at least half of the EU community to participate..

I would have liked to participate but in my time, it's 1am - 2am...

if it's something like the live stream that take place one time a week and have a time set that's good, but I can't plan for something I don't know...

Once again, it's a shame that you take into account only the NA community and let out the EU with this time, I pray it will change but have low hope.

Myssy
02-25-2015, 01:26 AM
It is a good thing actually but the timeframe is not.
Cutting of the european players (again) is maybe bad if you want a good amount of data and not only from american players... But its ok at the end if they rly test things...

Mertano
02-25-2015, 01:47 AM
Won, but have some trbls to log in to PST right now.. But dont worry ill test that Armor even on Live. Just send it to my Liveserver Character :D

junweizhu
02-25-2015, 03:07 AM
Theres been tons of it collected.

At this point they are just avoiding this discussion that started originally in July of 2014.

Well, seeing this thread, I'd say there's still not enough data. I mean, why else are they starting this event? And khrolan can't do much more other than saying how they're in talks with xlgames I figure.

Arcticred
02-25-2015, 03:33 AM
Well, seeing this thread, I'd say there's still not enough data. I mean, why else are they starting this event? And khrolan can't do much more other than saying how they're in talks with xlgames I figure.

lol XL games doesn't have a say in drop rates, it's purely TRION.
XL Games makes content, TRION decides drop rates from mobs and RNG boxes

Empyreus
02-25-2015, 03:42 AM
You are an idiot. We don't need to personally pm krogahn for a system admin to pull these values out of the database if they are already in place to collect them. Our complaints and concerned have beenmadeclearforthepast 4 days and have been ignored. This is nothing but pr spin, krogan is getting paid to play god on the private trion server while ignoring the tons of existing feedback. Go play scavenger hunt for anyad gear, make it seem like trion cares even though theyve never done any kind of interactive event on a live server for the past 6 months. This is beyond pathetic. Trion seems really intent on sitting on test server, ignoring us, and wasting our time, just so they will have something to ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ about at pax.

Mark your callenders. level 55, march 16. No changes to drop rates. Lots of 'fruitful discussions with xlgames'. But no fruit to be seen. These things take time! "hangul is hard". 10,000 lines of text! Archeum dust is better than nothing. HAR. HAR. HAR.

You realize the 10k lines of text thing is for 1.7 not the library right?

Anywho, at least they're holding events like these and I'd imagine getting SOME type of metric for it. So despite the cynicism how is this a BAD thing? Isn't this the type of stuff we WANT trion to be doing?

and you do realize the GMs/Devs cant exactly answer every single ♥♥♥♥♥/complaint/moan every single time yeah? If they did that... it'd be never ending cuz there's ALWAYS something to complain about it seems.

Granted Cynicism is well and fine but jeez john. you CAN turn it off sometimes ya know :D

junweizhu
02-25-2015, 04:15 AM
lol XL games doesn't have a say in drop rates, it's purely TRION.
XL Games makes content, TRION decides drop rates from mobs and RNG boxes

Drop rate is part of the content. They still have to get through xl to change things.

Infraction
02-25-2015, 07:12 AM
You realize the 10k lines of text thing is for 1.7 not the library right?

Anywho, at least they're holding events like these and I'd imagine getting SOME type of metric for it. So despite the cynicism how is this a BAD thing? Isn't this the type of stuff we WANT trion to be doing?

and you do realize the GMs/Devs cant exactly answer every single ♥♥♥♥♥/complaint/moan every single time yeah? If they did that... it'd be never ending cuz there's ALWAYS something to complain about it seems.

Granted Cynicism is well and fine but jeez john. you CAN turn it off sometimes ya know :D

You would have a point if these discussions hadn't been going on now for 6+ months.

They aren't trying to solve world hunger....

Colt
02-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Thanks for another fun event Khrolan ^.^
Let me know when ur gonna join <Pirates> ;)

Also we would like some ayanad gear in GrowlGate thanks

Stonelotus
02-25-2015, 08:40 AM
so just to be clear, the company line now is "will be wiped at some point" and not "we don't intend to wipe it if we don't have to" as it originally was? if so I have to ask, are we not intended to regrade or craft any of the new items during these test cycles? because there are no current fluffy commands for regrade scrolls or their components, stabilizers, oils, rare crafting mats like archeum ore, garden powder, etc. these things stay in high constant demand with no way to obtain them other than to put down farms, do trade runs, tedious purse farming, fish, and mine mine mine. it should go without saying that the higher the level of item being crafted has significantly higher requirements for rare mats.

if you consider most people wouldn't put the effort into doing any of these options regardless of any progress they've made being wiped regularly and just sit in chat asking for things to be given to them, turning away the few who are willing to put the effort in doesn't really make any sense.

could we please get a clear official stance on what to expect in the future in this regard?

To anyone who says "you don't need a farm to grow things, just plant illegal farms":

1. The presence of griefers and people who spend a large portion looking for illegal farms to raid is constant. yes, even on a test server.
2. Seed bundles to craft for plants to make oils and pigments from require not only a farmer's workstation but also a farm to place it on. Planting individual plants on a large scale is simply a huge waste of time.
3. Placing livestock for hide or wool, illegally, still requires combined feed to harvest which in turn requires a farmer's workstation.

It amazes me ingame and IRL how many people are consumers and have no idea where the things they eat and use in their daily lives come from or how they're made. on the live servers there's no shortage of rare items like archeum ore because the populations are much much higher and there are of course those pesky bots that automate production around the clock.

John Small
02-25-2015, 08:41 AM
well, seeing this thread, i'd say there's still not enough data. I mean, why else are they starting this event? And khrolan can't do much more other than saying how they're in talks with xlgames i figure.

trion staff can literally spawn an infinite amount of coin purses on the test server. Open them, and manually do the math to figure out the drop rates if they are really concerned and dont believe what we say. And thats ignoring the fact that they should have been sent documentation from xlgames listing the actual drop rates. And they most assuredly know the rates for rng boxes in the cash shop since those boxes are na/eu version exclusives.

They do not need us to test drop rates. Its a bold faced lie. Just because you are too stupid to understand how kum_pu_tars work doesnt mean the rest of us are.

Khrolan
02-25-2015, 10:08 AM
Good morning, thanks for the contest feedback.

We realize world dropped archeum is still low. It's not really our plan to increase this entry point through coin purses. There will be other opportunities to gather it from promotions (like divine gifts) or other in-game mechanics. I'm not sure if you realize this but the greater the drop rate is in coin purses, the greater amount of bots you'll see running around - that means more time we spend policing them and less time working on other things. We are not the end-all-be-all decision makers when it comes to archeum drops. It's a negotiation process and quite frankly our perspective isn't agreed with in a lot of cases. I've been advocating a greater amount of archeum since I got here and will continue to do so. Your support in the matter is appreciated and constructive feedback helps, not ranting.

The data players are producing in the library helps us. One person can look at drop table or spam open a ton of coin purses but there's nothing more powerful than simulated live data generated by thousands of players. We know the drop rate, that's how we know to consider it low.

Part of reviewing archeum drop rates is also comparing them against auction house prices. We've seen a steady decrease in archeum prices over the last month as related to our effort against gold sellers. This doesn't directly increase the drop rate from game mechanics but it does increase overall availability. It allows players who don't like farming to earn gold through their preferred method and purchase archeum from players who do like farming. To give you a quick look behind the curtain, here is a trend line of archeum (sunlight/moonlight crystal) prices from December 1st through current aggregated across all servers.

http://i.imgur.com/ZBjqnu8.png

As you can see the market price drops dramatically. That's not magic, that's us at work fixing the situation. Admittedly, the problem is multi-faceted and actual drop methods are a component we're still working on. Just because you didn't get more out of a coin purse doesn't mean nothing is being done.

-Khro

Khrolan
02-25-2015, 10:15 AM
We have no plans to wipe PTS at the moment. The server may not have constant availability, however. It may be brought offline to test configuration changes. We don't like wiping PTS and will try to do so as infrequently as possible. I don't see it happening any time before 1.7A and it might not even happen then. We'll give you plenty of notice if we need to wipe it.

-Khro

Moose Wayne
02-25-2015, 10:20 AM
Bots have to get themselves equipped with at least Auroria gear and Hasla weapons to stand a chance in the library. Unless they get a giant party going, their gear probably won't be good enough for them to solo farm. They'd also have to duck and dodge past your bans up to level 50, farm enough Hasla and Auroria to get geared out, and then proceed to the library to farm. If you haven't gotten them by that point, I'd be more worried about your detection methods rather than the trouble they'd be causing to the market.

Also, does your post confirm that you'll be increasing archeum from archeum trees soonish since you aren't planning on making purses the main source of archeum? You might be adding a new source altogether even.

Edit: We're not asking for a ♥♥♥♥ton of archeum to drop from purses, just enough that people can upgrade to librarian's purses and farm those without feeling ripped off by the labor input to reward. We'd also like for them to drop garden powders and glowing prisms too, since both nobles and jesters drop those

Hetic
02-25-2015, 10:24 AM
@Khrolan

Yes, I think the issue is very much multi-faceted and I don't think your graph really does anything to solve the problem. Trion's work to remove bought gold and botters has drastically made the price of "all things" drop. But in general that means there is just a lot less gold in the economy, I'm sure if you took that graph and plotted starshards, thunderstruck trees, just about anything...you would see that trend..basically, the majority of people are poor right now (sidenote: This is hilarious because it shows how much people bought gold). If the value of all things fell at the same rate as most people's wallet then they still can't afford archeum or whatever they wanted to afford.

TL;dr: Basically, you did nothing to change the supply or demand...your banning actions (and erasing bought gold) have just made everything cheaper as well as make most people poor.

TrapGod
02-25-2015, 10:28 AM
@Khrolan wasnt online for the library contest winner handouts online now send that gale BB -jaylog

CCHTweaked
02-25-2015, 10:32 AM
@Khrolan

Yes, I think the issue is very much multi-faceted and I don't think your graph really does anything to solve the problem. Trion's work to remove bought gold and botters has drastically made the price of "all things" drop. But in general that means there is just a lot less gold in the economy, I'm sure if you took that graph and plotted starshards, thunderstruck trees, just about anything...you would see that trend..basically, the majority of people are poor right now (sidenote: This is hilarious because it shows how much people bought gold). If the value of all things fell at the same rate as most people's wallet then they still can't afford archeum or whatever they wanted to afford.

TL;dr: Basically, you did nothing to change the supply or demand...your banning actions (and erasing bought gold) have just made everything cheaper as well as make most people poor.

This, the price changes we have are due to the massive amount of deflation we are seeing with gold leaving the economy via regrade.

Tol
02-25-2015, 10:34 AM
I would bet money that the Divine gifts turn into archeum fountains soon. Although an archeum resource trader would add so much to the game in the long run.

Linc
02-25-2015, 10:40 AM
Hey Khrolan, Thanks so much for attempting a true discussion. So many complainers/ranting here have killed it in the past.

To counter your statement about adding archeum to purses increasing bots, wouldn't the increased silver amount from the purses encourage botting as well?

The fact you mention additional sources of archeum is encouraging as well, it hasn't been mentioned in a while, but have you considered allowing dungeon gear to be salvaged for archeum? I remember previous arguments that dungeons would become the main source of archeum. But what is the problem with this? I would much rather grind dungeons for guaranteed archeum than endlessly grind for purses for a chance at archeum. Another argument against this was that it wouldn't put a labor limit on obtaining archeum, but slavaging costs labor thereby inherently limiting the amount of salvaging you can do.

Thanks again for all your work Khrolan, and please keep advocating for more archeum! (specifically non-RNG methods of obtaining it)

JerryBoyle
02-25-2015, 10:49 AM
Divine Gifts I would love for them to give archeum, always enjoyed the login gift box events

John Small
02-25-2015, 10:49 AM
As you can see the market price drops dramatically. That's not magic, that's us at work fixing the situation. Admittedly, the problem is multi-faceted and actual drop methods are a component we're still working on. Just because you didn't get more out of a coin purse doesn't mean nothing is being done.

-Khro

Multifacceted? There are literally 3 ways to get archeum in our verison. Coin purses, evenstoning world drops, and archeum trees. Nothing is literally being done because nothing has been done to the 3 vectors for archeum to enter the community. You literally lied to us about the coin purses which is why we are focused on coin purses. This isnt some weird thing we came up with on our own. Bots are your issue, not ours. Don't punish us just because you don't want to deal with the potential of more bots. That's an excuse, like blaming everything on xlgames.

As for prices, that's totally irrelevant in the context you have presented them. You've just demonstrated you completely misunderstand the concept of deflation. Should we even waste our time having a discussion with you when you fundamentally don't understand the issue?

I'm not even going to ♥♥♥♥♥ or complain anymore. Real talk: Hire an economist. Neither you nor the korean team you are partnered with know what you are doing. And if you do know what you are doing and this intentional, then hire a better liar. Because we are sick of it.

toe nado
02-25-2015, 10:52 AM
Hey Khrolan, Thanks so much for attempting a true discussion. So many complainers/ranting here have killed it in the past.

To counter your statement about adding archeum to purses increasing bots, wouldn't the increased silver amount from the purses encourage botting as well?

The fact you mention additional sources of archeum is encouraging as well, it hasn't been mentioned in a while, but have you considered allowing dungeon gear to be salvaged for archeum? I remember previous arguments that dungeons would become the main source of archeum. But what is the problem with this? I would much rather grind dungeons for guaranteed archeum than endlessly grind for purses for a chance at archeum. Another argument against this was that it wouldn't put a labor limit on obtaining archeum, but slavaging costs labor thereby inherently limiting the amount of salvaging you can do.

Thanks again for all your work Khrolan, and please keep advocating for more archeum! (specifically non-RNG methods of obtaining it)

My problem with dungeons becoming the main source of archeum is it will be another blow to open world pvp when pvp is already drying up. Im all for a more viable way to obtain archeum, but placing it into instanced dungeons is not the answer in my opinion.

Moose Wayne
02-25-2015, 10:56 AM
My problem with dungeons becoming the main source of archeum is it will be another blow to open world pvp when pvp is already drying up. Im all for a more viable way to obtain archeum, but placing it into instanced dungeons is not the answer in my opinion.

Do you consider it PvP to go find guys farming mobs and ganking them half health while farming? The only difference between dungeons becoming the main source of archeum is that PvPers can't go and try killing them at mobs

toe nado
02-25-2015, 11:08 AM
Do you consider it PvP to go find guys farming mobs and ganking them half health while farming? The only difference between dungeons becoming the main source of archeum is that PvPers can't go and try killing them at mobs

No I don't think ganking mob farmers is pvp, can you think a little bigger please.

Im talking bigger changes like the idea brought up here.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?166734-Archeum-Fix

This is just one idea of many I see floating around. Like I said Im all for more ways to obtain archeum but I personally feel it needs to be obtained through open world methods that will help stimulate the need to cross the seas.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind if dungeons become ONE source of archeum, but I don't want it to be the most viable way.

Moose Wayne
02-25-2015, 11:23 AM
No I don't think ganking mob farmers is pvp, can you think a little bigger please.

Im talking bigger changes like the idea brought up here.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?166734-Archeum-Fix

This is just one idea of many I see floating around. Like I said Im all for more ways to obtain archeum but I personally feel it needs to be obtained through open world methods that will help stimulate the need to cross the seas.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind if dungeons become ONE source of archeum, but I don't want it to be the most viable way.

That suggestion is all going off the assumption that the archeum packs are worth so much that carebears would actually take them up to Auroria instead of just running safe routes to get the gold to buy it. The majority of people running packs sadly never step foot outside of a safe zone, those that do generally have a large group dedicated to saving them. Archeum resource traders at most would give you some PvP action once in a while when you've got a large group of people turning in and you have the numbers to fight them for packs. And like mobs, is it really PvP fighting a guy with a pack on his back slowing him down?

Cross sea trading won't ever become popular so long as people are able to still profit easily off safe zone runs.

Myrgatroid
02-25-2015, 11:47 AM
snip

Communication is key, so thanks for throwing this out there. Granted, some folks may have appreciated something like this prior to to hearing about gimmicky contests, but something is better than nothing.

I'll not get into what is wrong with the graph and what is wrong with the philosophy behind this method and these analytics, because I'd prefer to not be banned, and do realize that much of this is likely out of your hands.

Point being, THANKS FOR THE COMMUNICATION.

JerryBoyle
02-25-2015, 11:57 AM
Cross sea trading won't ever become popular so long as people are able to still profit easily off safe zone runs.
1.7>Demand for Stabilizers increase since that's how you craft the ship parts to improve your ship. Regrading these parts also breaks them from green to blue. So people will need plenty of parts. Doubt the safe traderuns will be better at that point.

NaCL Delivery
02-25-2015, 12:03 PM
Price =/= supply. Price of stuff was tied to inflation, not actually INCREASING THE SUPPLY. We still have to spend the same % of our gold to craft stuff, this doesn't make it easier to craft.

Infraction
02-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Price =/= supply. Price of stuff was tied to inflation, not actually INCREASING THE SUPPLY. We still have to spend the same % of our gold to craft stuff, this doesn't make it easier to craft.

This so much...

I feel insulted that they would try to dazzle us with charts and graphs that show absolutely northing related to the subject matter they are trying to address.

Deliqo
02-25-2015, 12:09 PM
This so much...

I feel insulted that they would try to dazzle us with charts and graphs that show absolutely northing related to the subject matter they are trying to address.

These charts are good enough to awake white knights from their sleep and defend the subject with this nonsense you will see :)
Well I guess it was fun while it lasted.

NaCL Delivery
02-25-2015, 12:10 PM
A better graph would be "Number of crystals on server clusters over time"... Khrolan, show me THAT graph.

Dialis
02-25-2015, 12:10 PM

We realize world dropped archeum is still low. It's not really our plan to increase this entry point through coin purses. There will be other opportunities to gather it from promotions (like divine gifts) or other in-game mechanics.

Its like you want to be hated.

Doomhunter
02-25-2015, 12:14 PM

We realize world dropped archeum is still low. It's not really our plan to increase this entry point through coin purses. There will be other opportunities to gather it from promotions (like divine gifts) or other in-game mechanics. I'm not sure if you realize this but the greater the drop rate is in coin purses, the greater amount of bots you'll see running around - that means more time we spend policing them and less time working on other things. We are not the end-all-be-all decision makers when it comes to archeum drops. It's a negotiation process and quite frankly our perspective isn't agreed with in a lot of cases. I've been advocating a greater amount of archeum since I got here and will continue to do so. Your support in the matter is appreciated and constructive feedback helps, not ranting.

The data players are producing in the library helps us. One person can look at drop table or spam open a ton of coin purses but there's nothing more powerful than simulated live data generated by thousands of players. We know the drop rate, that's how we know to consider it low.

Part of reviewing archeum drop rates is also comparing them against auction house prices. We've seen a steady decrease in archeum prices over the last month as related to our effort against gold sellers. This doesn't directly increase the drop rate from game mechanics but it does increase overall availability. It allows players who don't like farming to earn gold through their preferred method and purchase archeum from players who do like farming. To give you a quick look behind the curtain, here is a trend line of archeum (sunlight/moonlight crystal) prices from December 1st through current aggregated across all servers.

-Khro

You know for a fact that this response is complete and utter crap designed to help cover up the lie you told people in your live chat 2 week's ago about how library was going to fix/significantly help the Archeum problem. "It's not really our plan to increase this entry point through coin purses". This is literally the exact opposite of what you said in the live chat. You either didn't know what was going in with the content and made something up, or even more disturbingly; knew and intentionally deceived the player base to try and bolster numbers for another week.

In regards to your chart, it is my opinion that the price of Archeum has actually risen in regards to the value of gold since it started to decrease and even if you disagree, it has done exactly nothing to help the crafting situation. It is equally bad today as it was a month ago.

Here is some valuable advice from someone who runs his own business - DMSU (Don't make *stuff* up) to your customers. If XL thinks Archeum is fine, which it isn't and shows how out of touch they are with the NA market and how desperate they are to sell RNG box's, tell us that. Be honest and up front that there is no current fix for Archeum coming other than ideas you HOPE XL will accept.

I am honestly offended that I spent the last week telling friends that quit over Archeum and RNG that a fix was coming with library and they should consider playing again. It makes me feel foolish that I believed you after so many previous failures. Lesson learned.

Dialis
02-25-2015, 12:18 PM
Let's post irrelevant graphs!

http://i.imgur.com/XXIOvKp.jpg

Deliqo
02-25-2015, 12:19 PM
It's funny you bring bots problem to the table, fact is bots don't care about these changes they will still grind the purses if you just allow them to, with or without the only place you get archeum from is the purses and "bots" know it as well, as long as you fight them it will be the same, the only ones you punish through this nonsense is real players that try to play this game.

But yeah chart sure showed me a lot of how you didn't do anything at all until about 1 month ago and just now woke up, maybe the core of the problem is TRION?

Myrgatroid
02-25-2015, 12:27 PM
This so much...

My first thoughts were pretty much the same; I felt insulted by their apparent thought process: 'Let's throw some graphs at them, spin this so it doesn't appear that there is any major issue and hope that no one catches on'.

Prediction going forward is that the archeum problem will not be addressed in a manner that will allow anyone other than those with American Express Ayanad edition ccs to be able to get the most out of this sadly butchered game.

Time to start spending time in Life is Feudal ... Early access was $39.95 on Steam 2 weeks ago, I bought in, hopefully others will as well.

EDIT: Using bots as an excuse is really a poor show as well. If XL/Trineverever wanted to combat the bot problem, there are other methods they could take. For example, they could see if there were upstanding/respected players on a server (people like Jeth on Enla for example) who were willing to volunteer their time to helping to police bots. Or IDK, maybe have 3 8 hour shifts of Trion employees policing servers. If they don't have the manpower, they could open their office door (which I am sure is in the back of a laundromat, think Better Call Saul) scuddle down the dirty alley that leads to the street, catch the bus to the nearest University and throw up flyers offering to pay $8.00 an hour for the manpower.

Bokuden
02-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Let's post irrelevant graphs!

http://i.imgur.com/XXIOvKp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b500Wjt.png

NaCL Delivery
02-25-2015, 12:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b500Wjt.png

So THAT'S why my wife wants a divorce? ♥♥♥♥ I thought it was cause a nailed the babysitter.. wait til my lawyer hears this!

Ratclerk
02-25-2015, 12:37 PM

-Khro

Is this really what Trion believes? So much wrong with whats written here I don't even know where to start.

1. Your solution to fighting bots farming archeum is to continue to make it a rare resource.....really, you do realize bots farm them because they are rare and worth a lot. By making archeum more abundant it will be less profitable for bots to farm them.

2. Putting archeum in divine boxes.....Do you really thing this benefits legit players more than bots and exploiters. Come on seriously most people have one account and will get a limited amount of archeum from the boxes. Botters and exploiters will bot multiple clients and get even more and then either horde it to sell after boxes or will just flip AH to keep prices artificially high.

3. The graph....This is the most misleading garbage. Of course the price of archeum has dropped, you dropped the bottom out of the economy with the gold sinks from regrade divine boxes and from removing all the illegal gold. Lets see the same graph with an assortment of other mundane items and I am pretty sure we will see almost the same exact drop. Also love how the graph starts just after they bottomed out after Trion artificially affected the economy with the Rumbling Trees (granted that was the only time there was actually enough archeum, but doing it through cash shop is the wrong way. Same thing will happen with the supposed Divine boxes with archeum) Way to pat yourselves on the back like you think you actually fixed things.

Also in regards to you trying to talk with Xlgames and them ignoring you, this may well be true, but at this point I don't care. You can play the blame game all you want, but you are releasing this to us and you are the ones who are making money hand over fist from the cash shop as a result of this whole archeum drop garbage. The community has put up with so much at this point going back to the lies with the founder packs, headstart debacle, launch debacle, auroria debacle, the cash grabbing, the fact there is still less in-game at this moment then during alpha, Server crashes too often, insanely long maintenance periods, and things i'm probably forgetting at the moment.

tzq
02-25-2015, 12:39 PM

-Khro

Sorry but that data doesn't mean much.
We also need to note that overall silver/labor has decreased. Back on January 25th it wasn't worth land trade runs, now people are back doing some. I was doing things worth 7 silver/labor and now they are down to 3 silver/labor. Any illustrious item is cheaper than mats needs to have it done. Even APEX has its price decreased.

edit: seems I'm not alone with this opinion :D

iggy1212
02-25-2015, 12:49 PM
fun quotes from the 2/13 stream:
1) stolen library purses - more likely to drop essences and very commonly drop crystals
the very commonly drop crystals part is not the cases on ptr

2) library purses very rarely drop essences and drop crystals as well
got the very rarely part right on essences but pretty sure they don't drop crystals at all

3) lunarite new tier comes in fine rare becomes fine , common becomes superior
definitely not the case on the current ptr build - base lunarite is still the most common

Singa
02-25-2015, 12:50 PM
Is this really what Trion believes? So much wrong with whats written here I don't even know where to start.

1. Your solution to fighting bots farming archeum is to continue to make it a rare resource.....really, you do realize bots farm them because they are rare and worth a lot. By making archeum more abundant it will be less profitable for bots to farm them.

2. Putting archeum in divine boxes.....Do you really thing this benefits legit players more than bots and exploiters. Come on seriously most people have one account and will get a limited amount of archeum from the boxes. Botters and exploiters will bot multiple clients and get even more and then either horde it to sell after boxes or will just flip AH to keep prices artificially high.

3. The graph....This is the most misleading garbage. Of course the price of archeum has dropped, you dropped the bottom out of the economy with the gold sinks from regrade divine boxes and from removing all the illegal gold. Lets see the same graph with an assortment of other mundane items and I am pretty sure we will see almost the same exact drop. Also love how the graph starts just after they bottomed out after Trion artificially affected the economy with the Rumbling Trees (granted that was the only time there was actually enough archeum, but doing it through cash shop is the wrong way. Same thing will happen with the supposed Divine boxes with archeum) Way to pat yourselves on the back like you think you actually fixed things.

Also in regards to you trying to talk with Xlgames and them ignoring you, this may well be true, but at this point I don't care. You can play the blame game all you want, but you are releasing this to us and you are the ones who are making money hand over fist from the cash shop as a result of this whole archeum drop garbage. The community has put up with so much at this point going back to the lies with the founder packs, headstart debacle, launch debacle, auroria debacle, the cash grabbing, the fact there is still less in-game at this moment then during alpha, Server crashes too often, insanely long maintenance periods, and things i'm probably forgetting at the moment.

This person tells it like it is. 10/10 Amazing post. I second all your points.

Dialis
02-25-2015, 12:52 PM
3. The graph....This is the most misleading garbage. Of course the price of archeum has dropped, you dropped the bottom out of the economy with the gold sinks from regrade divine boxes and from removing all the illegal gold. Lets see the same graph with an assortment of other mundane items and I am pretty sure we will see almost the same exact drop.

The graph is a blatant mischaracterization, either because they are deliberately trying to weasel their way into some good will or because they don't understand the basic economics of this game. Overlay a graph for stone price, apex price, charcoal stabalizer, etc and it will look the same. Prices of everything rose drastically and have since crashed, archeum is not dropping now because the supply issue has been addressed in any way but because gold has become more valuable.

Ratclerk
02-25-2015, 12:56 PM
I did forget to add a thank you for at least finally touching on the topic Khrolan, even if it was a laughable post. Though is spin and deflecting blame really better than no communication?........I let you all decide on that.

Marinia
02-25-2015, 01:12 PM

So very much this.

Why don't bots farm bait fishing? It isn't because they're getting caught. It's because it's (almost) completely worthless.

Sumika
02-25-2015, 01:21 PM
Of course the price of Archeum dropped, the price of literally EVERYTHING is dropping because the economy deflating due to regrades/removal of botted gold.

Artegg
02-25-2015, 01:40 PM
Khrolan reminds me of this dude.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

LlexX
02-25-2015, 02:13 PM

-Khro
The market price of the archeum dropped not because you fixed the droprates of archeums, but because people don't have gold to buy them like they did before (golseller gold got removed, ppl wasted lot's of gold on regrading), and thats why it keeps getting listed cheaper and cheaper, like most of the other things.

In fact you did nothing at all about fixing the archeum droprates ingame, everything stayed the same as it was before, you just upped the droprate from the RNG Cashop Boxes.

You need to learn that the ingame economy needs to be balance via ingame means and not via CashShop items!

Stonelotus
02-25-2015, 03:01 PM
We have no plans to wipe PTS at the moment. The server may not have constant availability, however. It may be brought offline to test configuration changes. We don't like wiping PTS and will try to do so as infrequently as possible. I don't see it happening any time before 1.7A and it might not even happen then. We'll give you plenty of notice if we need to wipe it.

-Khro

thank you.

and if you can, please remember to freeze the taxes if you do take PTS down.

P2Whine
02-25-2015, 03:28 PM

-Khro

So botters dont need to be gear up for coin purse farming anymore, woohoo!
in the future,they just need to create dozens and dozens of free accounts with the help of VM+ Archebuddy(opps!) and ding! You solve the problem of botting.

Mekake
02-25-2015, 05:20 PM
I also wonder how much of this drop in prices has to do with people leaving the game. My guild has lost a good number of people and I'm seeing more and more land going to demo. The bot bannings and aggressively going after gold buyers can't be the only thing that is driving the economy back down. Server population has to be a good part of this equation too.

Nirvii
02-25-2015, 06:19 PM

-Khro
If there are "bots" in library, i think something is seriously wrong of your detection team. To look one side without realise others is just wrong. You basicly cut people's earning and their hope to farm themselves because you scare of the bots (which are basicly almost impossible to do at that area).

If you dont want coin purse to be source of archeum, then fking get another method for people to get archeum that bots cannot use. Divine gift? What a lol event that people can just spam multiple accounts (even botters) and get free stuff. At the moment, there is "NO" way for people to get more archeum for their crafting.

You were fixing at the wrong end. If people's quality of life and farming get better/more reward = more happy for your customer. Bots can farm too?, then better get fix at ways to detect/prevent bots, not stop the entire mob farming because of bots...

But be fast cos by the time the slow turtle pace Trion had agreed with XL, and XL take super slow turtle speed to get a patch for your new archeum method which prolly take months, there would be no people no population left in this game...

Kiffa
02-25-2015, 07:49 PM

Yeah this pretty much sums it all up

Setec
02-25-2015, 08:01 PM
I am really suprised no one has brought up the fact that most people at this time are putting their crafting on hold until the supposed increase in archeum purses would be released with the library.

I imagine that has also had an impact on archeum prices falling also.

Nirvii
02-25-2015, 10:28 PM
I am really suprised no one has brought up the fact that most people at this time are putting their crafting on hold until the supposed increase in archeum purses would be released with the library.

I imagine that has also had an impact on archeum prices falling also.
I find it surprising that Dev thought it was their succeed in doing so.
The archeum price drop because:
-Population reduced, Demand is reduced, The goods dont sell well thus cheaper the price
-Less demand in crafting because some population already got their own gears/weapons
-New demand for weapon/crafting is less and less
-Gold seller and many of their gold supplies were getting take out. Now these gold selling sites have no supply and most people have no money. Hence the drop of the price cos people have less money to spend
-Archeum tree result some more supply but in fact not so many people has em plant

Now people have no way to get archeum properly. Coin purse yield too low benefit for people to open. I dont see the reason why you give out so many lunarites which are unused most of the time... If you dont want bots to become part of economic, nerf the lower level bags, but buff the high level bags because bots are likely to get up to 55. If there are lv55 bots then your bot detection method is nothing but a joke, fix that instead of nerfing the lv55 library coinpurse.

Really... I played for weeks and havent come across any archeum... You need to implement method of getting its via normal mean not cash shop or stupid non yielding coinpurse. Trade run/Fishing also not worth doing as the labor cost going rooftop with the rarer of material but yet a fixed income for pack or fishing. No pack/no fish, no pvp, no fun in combining with no end game at all (siege is fking imbalance as well) = more people quit.

Fix your ♥♥♥♥ TRION/XL. This game has so much potential. At this rate i dont think lv55 patch going to bring up much attendant. People will just try a week or two, bored and quit yet again. You need to get more normal way of people to gear themselves up (more archuem), as well as provide more meaningful pvp to them. (E.g. faster to war time for honor, siege balance bias toward changing castle hands etc). Faction/Server transfer to solve the imbalance of faction/dying server etc. Come on, why is it so hard for us to bring you to see the bigger picture?

If you say TRION already know all this ♥♥♥♥, but it's XL false to implement this slow. Then fix your ♥♥♥♥ together or there is no stop for the lose of interest in this game. I doubt it will last to patch1.7 at this rate.

Janek
02-25-2015, 10:40 PM
Sry Khro but u are not a master from economy..

Price are not changed/dropped because Trion is doing something with archeum drop rate or they are fightinh with gold sellers/bots (in most of cases)
Price are dropped because ppl not crafting much ..

example
I had 4 items illustrius ocean - i recrafted them into magnificient and its cost me alot of gold in mats and labor..
and u know what??..i opened magnificient items and what i had? i had crappy magnificient meadows

before i could sell my ilustrius ocean (with option to recraft higher) for around 300g..now after recraft i cant sell meadows for 250g:)
and i used around 200g to recraft illustrius>magni - so on every item i lost over 250g including labor.

so im not crafting anymore till u fix archeum finally.

ps
and question i have to U.
Why u are forcing ppl to farm (grind korean style 10h a day) in libary/auroria to have archeums?
AA is not only PVE game..

add option for rest of community..
pack of archeums for Honor points
pack of archeum for tradepacks
archeums from "mirage archeum tree" - There is small fix in korea/russia already..

Jinsky
02-25-2015, 11:00 PM
...I'd be more worried about your detection methods rather than the trouble they'd be causing to the market.

Have you seen the number of bots farming Auroria? There are players botting with better gear than I have, who bot with their mains and even geared up their alts. With how much gold they can generate, they can easily purchase gear good enough to farm Auroria and inside the library. Bots aren't solely gold sellers, there are a lot of players that use them as well.

Some people may think player bots help the economy by introducing more archeum into the market, however they do also remove APEX from the market as well, the more labor they have the more purses they can open. Think about how many bots you've seen with patron.

...This doesn't directly increase the drop rate from game mechanics but it does increase overall availability...

-Khro
I'm not sure you read his post properly. He specifically mentioned availability. With lower prices, means it's more affordable to purchase them. So you don't have to do as many trade runs as you would have had to do last month. If you look at the bigger picture, increasing drop rates dramatically could do more damage to the market in comparison to a gradual change. For those crafting for profit, it will devalue every single piece and cause them to lose money. Crafting takes a lot of labor, and if the overall net value of the work after all the RNG drops below the standard amounts of labor per silver, there will be less people crafting. The less crafted gear on the market, there will be a bigger gap between players. People would have to craft their own gear in order to get geared up or pay hefty prices for gear that would make crafting reasonable. This all ties in to lower proficiency required to craft epherium and delphinad tiered gear as well as the amount of archeum introduced into the market by bots that farm. Less proficiency would increase availability to newer players, as they do not need to spend all that archeum and labor into leveling up their crafts.

A lot of problems of this game ties directly and indirectly to bots. From archeum and gold to the market and the economy. They cannot properly fix the archeum supply without fixing the problem with bots, without affecting the current market drastically. Unless they introduce other sources of archeum that cannot be obtained by botting, such as updated archeum trees. Bots are nasty infections that do not go away.

Jinsky
02-25-2015, 11:27 PM
Sry Khro but u are not a master from economy..

Price are not changed/dropped because Trion is doing something with archeum drop rate or they are fightinh with gold sellers/bots (in most of cases)
Price are dropped because ppl not crafting much ..

Instead of telling someone what he is or what he is not, you might want to understand the situation better. Prices are not related solely on crafting. This game's economy is not so simplistic. There are so many other factors involved. In this specific case, a lot of the changes in price dropped mainly because of the availability of currency.

...I had 4 items illustrius ocean - i recrafted them into magnificient and its cost me alot of gold in mats and labor..
and u know what??..i opened magnificient items and what i had? i had crappy magnificient meadows

before i could sell my ilustrius ocean (with option to recraft higher) for around 300g..now after recraft i cant sell meadows for 250g:)
and i used around 200g to recraft illustrius>magni - so on every item i lost over 250g including labor.

so im not crafting anymore till u fix archeum finally...

I'm sorry, you played the crafting game. You crafted for a chance at better gear. You do not always win, nor do you always lose either.

...Why u are forcing ppl to farm (grind korean style 10h a day) in libary/auroria to have archeums?

With lower prices of archeum and higher availability, and to quote Khro...

It allows players who don't like farming to earn gold through their preferred method and purchase archeum from players who do like farming.

-Khro

People need to stop expecting things to be handed to them, and start working for it for a change. Stop being so entitled.

Einar
02-26-2015, 12:30 AM
What is the event for today? I missed it.

Mertano
02-26-2015, 12:58 AM
Oh damn i lough so hard. Do you rly believe, the Botdecrease is cause any actions you did, or cause there are no more ways for them to continue they dirty bizz?

The bad true is, that you scewd so many Players, that the Goldbussiness is no longer rentable for the chinacompanies in that scale.

Myrgatroid
02-26-2015, 02:13 AM
Now is a great time for some of that KEY COMMUNICATION.

DancingShade
02-26-2015, 04:46 AM
The truth is crafting is dead because anyone smart just uses Hasla weapons and Auroria armor, neither of which require any archeum.

The only significant upgrades to either of the above are delphiniad and anyone sensible just goes "♥♥♥♥ that".

Jinsky
02-26-2015, 05:10 AM
The truth is crafting is dead because anyone smart just uses Hasla weapons and Auroria armor, neither of which require any archeum.

The only significant upgrades to either of the above are delphiniad and anyone sensible just goes "♥♥♥♥ that".

Sorry, crafting is not dead. Hasla T3 was meant to allow newer players to catch up with geared players, The same reason for having obsidian weapons. Hasla T3 and Auroria gear are not meant to be end game gear, that's what crafting was suppose to be. Also, not everyone wants to go farming tokens in the cluster♥♥♥♥ which is Hasla. Arguably, I could earn enough gold to buy a crafted Epherium weapon as opposed to the time it would take to me to farm enough tokens for a Hasla T3. Also, this patch introduced Ayanad and Obsidian weapons which are significant upgrades besides Delphinad weapons.

Xym
02-26-2015, 10:27 AM

-Khro

I would like to see this graph overlayed with the number of regrades occurring and the associated gold spent (not AH gold, just system gold). I think there is a large deflationary pressure due to regrades. Is that what you mean by working at fixing the situation?

Steinor
02-26-2015, 11:05 AM

-Khro

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-29155-Blink-182-WHAT-THE-♥♥♥♥-gif-Im-YEwO.gif

NaCL Delivery
02-26-2015, 12:04 PM
When the library does hit and inflation comes back... will you provide us with that graph too Khrolan?

I know I'm trolling but you gotta realize the bluff has been called by anyone who knows anything about this game. Please give us some solid information on this Live Stream tomorrow.