PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to build a house

Xarope
02-24-2015, 07:57 PM
Everyone can see that's impossible build a house in Ollo server. I can only say that Trion are unable to let us take a good time in ArcheAge. While a lot of us are paying and can't play and build, we can see a lot of players saying in this forum that they have 10+ houses. We can see too that have a lot of scarecrow without farming and been offered to sale.

I propose one thing to you that have same problem: STOP PAYING WHILE TRION NOT FIX IT. If several players do this, maybe they look for us!!!!!

Think about that.

Have a nice game

Soroboru
02-24-2015, 08:02 PM
Salphira's probably the 2nd or 3rd most populated and people will give land away because tax problems. I can't tell you how many times I've seen "GIVING AWAY FREE 24x24 AND TWO 16x16s PERINOOR TOP LEVEL FIRST COME FIRST SERVE" and no one even bothering to take them up on it.
Just wait, it's not something a developer or publisher fixes.
Over time it will happen more obviously on Ollo as well, people will only buy land they want, not land in general.

Valfreya
02-24-2015, 08:02 PM
You're not looking hard enough. There is plenty of places to build houses and farms. Also, you can buy land fairly cheaply in most places. Yes, I reside on Ollo.

^ Soroboru - it's already happening on Ollo, has been for nearly 2 months when taxes were like 4g each.

Xarope
02-24-2015, 08:11 PM
I have a char in it continent and didn't find any spot. about pay for it, i think that 450g isn't cheap. If you think 450g isn't a problem, i'm waiting for your donation.

maiyah
02-24-2015, 08:14 PM
If you think 450 is a lot, you might wanna reconsider how you make money...

Leacheszerlane
02-24-2015, 08:19 PM
I've sent you a PM here and trying to PM you in game but you're not online atm. There's a vacant spot for a 16x16 plot you can grab; it has been vacant for days I can show you where it is.

Dooku
02-24-2015, 08:38 PM
if you find 450g allot then you will never build a farmhouse since it costs more to construct that lol.

Land being less priced then a house in a game like this seems stupid imo only in the most highly populated servers land is worth something as it should.

Mudbone827
02-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Everyone can see that's impossible build a house in Ollo server. I can only say that Trion are unable to let us take a good time in ArcheAge. While a lot of us are paying and can't play and build, we can see a lot of players saying in this forum that they have 10+ houses. We can see too that have a lot of scarecrow without farming and been offered to sale.

I propose one thing to you that have same problem: STOP PAYING WHILE TRION NOT FIX IT. If several players do this, maybe they look for us!!!!!

Think about that.

Have a nice game

What Valfreya said, I see spots all over the place here on OLLO, you're just not looking if your not finding open spots.

Darkmask
02-24-2015, 08:55 PM
I have a char in it continent and didn't find any spot. about pay for it, i think that 450g isn't cheap. If you think 450g isn't a problem, i'm waiting for your donation.
If you can't make 450G then you shouldn't even own land..

Kloee
02-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Exactly. My empire began with a donkey, Gweonid to Cinderstone runs, an 8x8 with some lemon and apple trees, and some crazy motivation.

Fargrist
02-24-2015, 09:11 PM

Think about that.

Have a nice game

It's unfortunate the ArcheAge started with the quests to own lands, but no ability to actually have land. More than anything else that has destroyed ArcheAge's reputation.

Craft. Claim. Conquer. Where the "Claiming" was only for the first 10% of players, and the rest were left to leave ArcheAge with Scarecrow Farm Designs mouldering in their warehouses.

The very best design work in ArcheAge is in the house and land packages, all the crafting/trading/farming stems from that, and yet the game play locked 90% of players out of that part of the game.

Unbelievable. And at this late stage, not repairable.

DrowByNight
02-24-2015, 09:14 PM
Come to Enla West faction, I see many empty plots of 16x16 in Solzreed, Two Crown, Hellswamp, Karkarse and maybe one or two in Halcyona. I've heard that there's even more empty land in the East faction and Auroria. Enla is in the same AH cluster as Ollo (Apex is down to 400g+, Worker pots are down to 60g+) so you won't be affected economy wise.

Xarope
02-24-2015, 09:37 PM
can you say to me at least one free spot?

DancingShade
02-24-2015, 09:57 PM
I'm on Kyrios and yesterday I could find an unclaimed 16x16 in Auroria. It took me about 15 minutes to find and it might still be there because ♥♥♥♥ farming. I'll let other people do that and save my labor for more interesting things.

Ok granted, its Auroria - but its land right? OP just needs to look harder.

DrowByNight
02-24-2015, 10:29 PM
It's unfortunate the ArcheAge started with the quests to own lands, but no ability to actually have land.

As some people has already stated, there's free land available in some less populated servers. You can either complain about lack of land in a high population server or go grab a land in a low population server for free. Also, if there's land available but you don't go look for them or you say,"But I don't want land in Karkasse even if it's free", then that's another problem altogether, it ain't Trion's problem.

Caledric
02-24-2015, 10:54 PM
I'm on Kyrios and yesterday I could find an unclaimed 16x16 in Auroria. It took me about 15 minutes to find and it might still be there because ♥♥♥♥ farming. I'll let other people do that and save my labor for more interesting things.

Ok granted, its Auroria - but its land right? OP just needs to look harder.

♥♥♥♥, I know where there are 16x16 spots in Lilyut, Gweonid, and Cinderstone... people just have to look. This is on Kyrios as well the most populated server. As far as those who say only 10% who did the land rush have land. I didn't buy any of my land, I have 3 16x16s and an 8x8 currently. At my height I had 8 16x16s, and 5 8x8s. 3 of those properties were gifted to me by a friend, the rest I snagged on my own. I've probably snagged and sold over 50 16x16s, and at least 30 8x8s.

Bruttle
02-24-2015, 10:59 PM
I am amazed these threads still happen. Land is a limited resource. That has been thoroughly explained. It is not intended for there to be enough that every player can just run out and drop a house.

That being said, land is far from difficult to obtain. I have had several friends start playing and within a week or two, they have enough to easily buy a house in a non-pvp zone. All it took was some advice, minimal effort, and a day or two of watching /faction chat. This is on Kyrios btw. I even allowed my daughter to play (in limited capacity). Within two weeks of playing maybe 8 hours a week, she had a house, 16x16 farm, and an 8x8 farm. All of the land was adjacent and in a non-pvp zone. All of it was obtained without financial assistance.

So if a 10-year old girl can get land easily with no more than advice, inside two weeks, on a head start server, then there is nothing to complain about. No fix is needed. If you continue to complain, just remember. You are complaining about something that a child can do...

noddy2
02-24-2015, 11:47 PM

Think about that.

Have a nice game

Rerolled on Ollo about 2 weeks ago and have already built 3 16x16's uncontested - one in Auroria, built as a L29 stealthing around looking for public workbenches and one each in Lilyut Hills/Arcum Iris as well. 8x8 aren't even a challenge so I won't mention them.

There are 24x24 available in PvP zones (I don't have the GS yet) so land is most definitely available!

EDIT: Forgot an Aquafarm in Two Crowns

Torto
02-25-2015, 01:26 AM
I remember when the game first launched on Ollo and to put down a ♥♥♥♥ty 8x8 in Hellswamp could cost you 300g. Those days are long gone because a large portion of the player base have fled this game.

There is plenty of land in Auroria for the simple reason no one wants to build there cos Trion broke it.

Here's a tip. Save 100g, if you can't do that then this game is not for you. With your 100g go to each zone and shout "Looking for 16x16 plot 100g!" and I'll guarantee you will get a reply soon enough.

Alara
02-25-2015, 01:30 AM
LMFAO.

Land prizes are dropping all over the servers. 16x16's in safe zones are remaining unclaimed for hours or even days because guess what: plotgrabbing doesn't profit anymore. It's to a point where I dare make the claim that an active plotgrabber is a sign for a healthy server population ... go figure.

And OP claims land is too hard to get? *boggled*

You may think you did, but from my perspective you hardly tried. Oh if only you had been there during headstart and the first two months. I bet you would have gotten so frustrated you'd throw your computer against the wall and done unspeakable things to harmless bunnies and kittens. You have no idea.

Land hard to get? It used to be hard to get. Now it's just time consuming to get. Big difference!

But you know what, I'll give some advice.

1) Pick the right provinces. Some provinces are essentially 'locked' because of active players being there to stay. Look for provinces that are in motion. Signs for that are empty farms, plenty of space to put down 8x8's and unbuilt structures. This is -the- most important step. You could literally go to Auroria and drop a 16x16 there. Or you could wait for months and months because you're trying to squeeze one into an area that is occupied by the most active guild on the server.

2) Plop down two 8x8's. Make your gold with them. Save that gold. Don't spend it on gear or worker comp potions. Same with loyalty points: buy stuff with them that you can sell high in the AH.

3) Keep scanning your province(s) for empty space. Keep tabs on expiring plots. This is a waiting game. Have the design and tax certs on you for when you get lucky.

4) Remember all that gold you saved? If all your province scanning didn't deliver, by now you'll have enough to buy a plot from another player. Remember to do this 'certed'.

5) Don't expect to be the owner of a 16x16 within 5 days from now. Patience! It took me 5 months to go from 4 adjacent 8x8's to adjacent 1 24x24, 2 16x16's and 1 8x8.

Lshock
02-25-2015, 01:35 AM
As Alara said, it is a waiting game.. start small and build it up, keep eyes on expiring plots it's not that hard to grow, there is always somebody stopping or doing whatever and doesn't pay taxes etc.
This is not a Archeage issue / problem, this is a YOU problem.
Cause you would likely want to be in the best province and have a farmhouse/ gazebo and 4 16x16's attached to it, go figure when you don't get what you want it is somebody else their problem...

Herschel02
02-25-2015, 01:43 AM

Think about that.

Have a nice game

Join a guild. Become Loyal. Ask for a land. Don't be a dick. Help out players who have the same problem. Problem solve. Like Kloee said, I too started with a donkey and a clipper and an 8x8 in solzreed temporary farms making Solzreed braised meat packs every single day. Delivering them to Two Crowns making 5-6g a pack. Later on I Joined an awesome guild and made friends with them and that's when my Archeage life began. I now have a 24x24 house and a bunch of 16x16 farms. I'm not rich but I'm a proud player. Hardwork has been paid off. #Workhardplayhard

Orio
02-25-2015, 01:43 AM
Troll account created juuuust today. OP reported.

cigano
02-25-2015, 04:47 AM

Think about that.

Have a nice game

another slacker!! i guess is more easy right a boring post on forum about being impossible have land then actualy look for it in game.

Shantar
02-25-2015, 04:56 AM
Exactly. My empire began with a donkey, Gweonid to Cinderstone runs, an 8x8 with some lemon and apple trees, and some crazy motivation.

Ah the good ol days :)

Kloee
02-25-2015, 05:26 AM
Ah the good ol days :)

And that was when 8x8's were tough to find. Took me an hour to find it and it just barely fit. Mmmmm Apple Pies and Tart Mead....

Pwnocchio
02-25-2015, 05:32 AM
Everyone can see that's impossible build a house in Ollo server.

If you aren't too far along in your character you can make another character on a server like Lucius (or several others). I was running through Auroria last night on Lucius and there were void spaces in housing areas large enough to fit several adjacent mansions.

You can find land on the main islands too.

knightblaster
02-25-2015, 05:40 AM
There are places around, and in safe zones, too. You have to look around. A certain amount of luck and timing, as well, but there are also places where there is clearly free land. I have a 16x16 and the land around me comes and goes -- it isn't perma-occupied by any means. I see very few people coming out to look for land here, though, because it is "out of the way" (even though it is close to the zone specialty bench). People want the broadway housing areas, and of course *those* are fully occupied, as one would expect.

I don't like the empty scarecrows, either, but I understand why it's done.

Jayloe
02-25-2015, 05:45 AM
I have an 8x8 and Cottage already and I've been on Ollo one month. Just gotta look harder, join a guild, and be patient. MMOs are about patience...