PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Bots on the auction house

Shadus
02-25-2015, 06:03 AM
The gold sellers are back with bots on the auction house.

For most basic commodities they are seeding the auction house with a single item at 1/3rd to 1/5th normal value so that peoples default price when they put things up comes up very low and then auto buy anything that shows up at that value. If you buy their seed item it is replaced nearly instantly (like <30s).

Please be very careful on the auction house with pricing your items, do a real search and verify the price is sane and not set based on a bad seed value by a bot.

I'm currently seeing it on: stone, leather, trimmed meat, lumber, log, etc... pretty well all basic items.

They'll auto buy anything you put up at near the seeded values and immediately list at just under market value.

I've tested this over last 24h every few hours, seed items are replaced rapidly (seconds) and items put up at the lower prices are purchased in similar time. It's too perfect on far to wide a variety of items to be players, it's a bot. I've reported it already but would suggest if you find additional items or can verify it to your satisfaction that you report it as well.

knightblaster
02-25-2015, 06:11 AM
Yes I've seen this as well. The sheer speed at which it is taking place, even in the middle of the day on a weekday, strongly indicates it's not a human doing it.

Mond
02-25-2015, 06:31 AM
yea, thats what they do for a long time, but i am not sure if its bots...what i do: buy the cheap one...over time its ruins them =)

Crasher
02-25-2015, 06:37 AM
no please let em .... i buy my iron ingots and lumber with their bait.... someone need to message em to do the same for bricks not only raw stone

knightblaster
02-25-2015, 06:57 AM
yea, thats what they do for a long time, but i am not sure if its bots...what i do: buy the cheap one...over time its ruins them =)
It's the speed. The strategy can be done by anyone, but at this speed over a huge number of postings, it can't be a human doing it.

luniz
02-25-2015, 07:19 AM
I've bought dozens of these...buy them when you see them, cost them money over time & get cheap inv.

Shadus
02-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Oh I buy them too, but those same bots will pull the cheap inventory that gets posted at the low prices and put it back up at higher prices almost as fast as they replace the cheap seed items. I don't mind, I've occasionally gotten cheap stuff, but people need to be aware, Trion could fix the problem by averaging the last 100 sales or averaging 10 cheapest listings.

Sovorack
02-26-2015, 10:12 AM
I've bought at least 50 lumber that way

Edit: damn auto-correct

Morlach
02-26-2015, 10:22 AM
wish they would do this with Moonlight Archeums! ;)

jeffbenefiel
02-26-2015, 10:34 AM
I assume these items have no "bid" price and are "buy out only" listings.

Sheepycakes
02-26-2015, 10:55 AM
As a cook, I sell a lot of Hearty Soups. I'll put up stacks of 50 (10-15 of em) and I'll get spammed with them being bought before I'm even done listing. At first I thought, "Wow, I guess people just need soups" but I'm thinking it's probably bots.

Wess
02-27-2015, 08:28 AM
How can you assume this is a bot? Not saying your wrong, just curious. I've done this myself before to control high level items. The market is made to manipulate. I prefer to drive prices down instead of up. resell at the middle level pulling or selling off the false low seed. I have even seen people follow this after my first insert losing control of the circumstance almost instantly. It can crash quickly depending on your item of choice. this can stack quickly, within minutes depending on the movement of the said item. I have call assumption here. Not saying your incorrect, I just seen this go down many times without the aid of any bots.

luniz
02-27-2015, 09:00 AM
It's pretty obvious. Same group of items, same prices, 24/7, always replaced after 30-40 seconds, with the same glitch that occurs if you buy in a certain order.