PDA

View Full Version : Just incase you were offline for today's event

OranDoge
02-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Mission: To build all of the houses in the housing area next to the GMs mansion
Rewards: Ayanad accessories, halcy neck, dream ring
Massive crowds and hundreds of players gathered around for we had to work as a team to build all the houses in diamond shores. Chests were kept open by trolls. Teleports were open, very little casualties, but it was fun.
The reward was based on how many houses were built.

The last 5 minutes we had the GMs help us
http://i.imgur.com/aH62Zvc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T4ZRVPf.jpg
Then the after math of all of the players surrounding the AFK GM for 10-15 minutes
http://i.imgur.com/QnEOdVV.jpg

But now the houses are almost all built!
http://i.imgur.com/5SIDAzU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LeT9tXn.jpg
I'm liking the events mainly due to our server population (tahyang) being very low and seeing this many people and the GMs is something new. I don't wanna leave the PTS so if you haven't been on. YOU'RE MISSING OUT.

tomu
02-25-2015, 06:34 PM
was awesome, decided to wander around after it and crashed -.- now unable to log back in

Stonelotus
02-25-2015, 06:35 PM
I really miss the old days of GM driven events like in EQ. Heck if they just did this kind of thing once a month they'd generate a ton of interest and good will. I'd love to see the results of this event but sadly got disconnected and still am not able to log back in. Looking forward to what they cook up for us to do tomorrow.

John Small
02-25-2015, 06:39 PM
I look forward to 2 more weeks of this nonsense while trion milks everyone for another month of patron before releasing this tiny 155m patch.

Maddison
02-25-2015, 06:42 PM
The event was fun even though I couldn't get a pack It is fun seeing tons of people who have no clue who each other are (or know them just barely) and work together to achieve a common goal.

Love how his signature says "One day I want to play Archeage with FPS higher than 7FPS" But in all the picture he's above 30FPS

OranDoge
02-26-2015, 07:37 AM
I loved it and can't wait to see todays!
And i should update my signature, i got a new computer since then. I used to never go past 7-10

AjuntaPall316
02-26-2015, 12:24 PM
I look forward to 2 more weeks of this nonsense while trion milks everyone for another month of patron before releasing this tiny 155m patch.

Have to agree. I really don't see much that will be fixed/changed within these next 2 weeks. Yes, the library purses are a major disappointment, but I don't see anything changing there until maybe 1.7A. It's just more ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ stalling technique to keep/get patron longer. That's the whole point to it taking 6 months to get to this stage already.

If there were actually changes being made, or issues that we thought might get addressed, I'd say use those 2 weeks to fine tune. But... no. Just no Trion. We're on to your antics, at this point I think we'd just like to hear "being released in 2 weeks, because... we said so." No one believes this smoke and mirror crap you keep spoon feeding us.

Khrolan
02-26-2015, 12:41 PM
Thanks for posting some cool pics of the event!

We're still working to fix things and there's been a lot of positive feedback about things we have the ability to influence. Unfortunately, coin purse drop rates is not one of those things. We were successfully early on increasing the drop table from Stolen Library Pouches but have been unable to positively change normal Librarian pouches. Since we don't anticipate changes on that front we're pursuing other methods to get more archeum into the world. Sorry it's a slow process with an even slower turn around time.

-Khro

NaCL Delivery
02-26-2015, 12:47 PM

We're still working to fix things and there's been a lot of positive feedback about things we have the ability to influence. Unfortunately, coin purse drop rates is not one of those things. We were successfully early on increasing the drop table from Stolen Library Pouches but have been unable to positively change normal Librarian pouches. Since we don't anticipate changes on that front we're pursuing other methods to get more archeum into the world. Sorry it's a slow process with an even slower turn around time.

-Khro

Why not add an Archeum box to loyalty store? Time gating is the best way to slowly increase supply.

DancingShade
02-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Why not add an Archeum box to loyalty store? Time gating is the best way to slowly increase supply.

Rumbling Archeum Trees are already in the loyalty store.

youtube Jasonwivart
02-26-2015, 01:14 PM

-Khro

So you were able to change the stolen library's bags and put DUST and SHARDS in them, doesnt seem like a buff at all? Did you even consider their drop rate on the stolen library's bags being 1 every 250+ mobs??? With a drop rate like that you are seeing maybe 1 of these bags every hour of hardcore farming if you are lucky. Those bags have absolutely little to no bearing on the archuem in the grand scheme of things. You supposedly were able to buff up jesters right before launch to have 2x sunlight archeum shards in them why cant you do this on this on the librarian's. We aren't asking for much, all we are asking is make the librarian's coin purses a better value than jesters... Currently jesters yield almost 2x more gold with all things considered per labor point spent opening them. Also as pwnocchio points out Librarians drop significant more coins and significant less items verse jesters. Jester coin purse, which drop more items which is a semi money sink in its self as in order to transfer those items you typically use the AH which takes 10% out of the economy. Adding a greater amount of pure gold into the system via librarian's PLUS this gold with the fishing and arena contests you again will see sunlight crystals at 50g+ very soon. All this = Less crafting = less open world PvP cause no one needs stabilizers = Dead game.

Pwnocchio's words

XL Games decision to drop less archeum in Library purses than in jesters is simply a catastrophic failure.

I haven't done tons of purse farming because I'm a cool person and not a window licking smeglord, but my understanding is that jesters drop about 6 silver in coin for 5 labor, so just counting the coin drop (which is gold created) you are looking at about 1 silver / labor being added to the economy. The rest of the value from jesters was items that could be sold on the AH, much of it being Archeum.

The numbers we are seeing for Library Purses are ~30 silver coins for 15 labor.

So right away the amount of gold you are getting per labor point in Library is doubled vs Jester.

Regarding Archeum they produce roughly 1/3rd of the Archeum vs. Jesters.

So for every player / bot that switches from Jesters to Library purses as their chosen means burning labor, the amount of gold they inject into the game will double and the amount of archeum they inject into the game will drop by 50% to 33%.

So in short, there will be more gold and less archeum supply. This means that the Archeum problem will get worse following the Diamond Shores patch. It will both fuel inflation and decrease archeum supply.

Archeum drives the Archeage economy like oil drives our actual economy.

Archeum Consumption increases demand for tier 1 producers (Armorsmithing/Weaponsmithing/Handicrafts) which in turn drives T2 producer markets (Alchemy/Ingots/Cloth/Leather/Lumber) which in turn drives the T3 economies (Farming/Gathering/Logging/etc...)

Every time Alchemy is boosted it creates demand for stabilizers which pushing more players to cross-ocean trading... which is great for the games PvP.

By choking Archeum like they do they kill damn near every aspect of economic game play.

I strongly get the feeling that rather than having a person with an economics degree filling a position called "Chief Virtual Economic Strategist" who gets to approve/vote/drive all the changes to drop rates and tradable commodities, XL Games instead has a bunch of EE's and Software Engineers sitting around a table in the break room pounding Mountain Dew and Cheeto's while they argue about arm-chair-cyber-economics.

They simply lack direction or vision.

This is why games like EVE Online hired a professional economist. Their economy is simply brilliant. It drives so many aspects of interactive... and actually emergent game play.

That just doesn't happen in archeage.

Rather than basing their economy on a commodity that requires player interaction and risk that would drive end-game content, like the Stabilizers from oceanic trade, they base it on something that falls out of a purse which is firmly in the domain of 'bot gaming' and 'things actual humans hate to do'.

Moose Wayne
02-26-2015, 01:30 PM
@khrolan Can you at least see if you can get the labor cost dropped down, even if it means having to cut the silver you get out of opening the purses? This would be one giant leap towards fixing the coinpurses without having to adjust the drop rate on archeum. I'd also like to get glowing prisms and mysterious garden powders out of them as well, but the labor reduction should be first on the things you want XL to look at.

OranDoge
02-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Right now sunlight is shooting up on my server. I've been able to go to the Auction house and see it completely sold out, place a crystal for 40g and it'll sell. Other than that it averages 13-20g per crystal. I can see a possibility of prices going up in hopes of people storing them for when the new patch comes out seeing how the proficiency is removed or reduced. I would like to see some way that archeum could be put into the game easier because my server is dying, prices are going up. My armor/weapons are all bound and it'd be a pain to move servers.

NaCL Delivery
02-26-2015, 03:30 PM
Rumbling Archeum Trees are already in the loyalty store.

They were added to the game to provide another source of Thunderstruck trees, NOT to be a source of Archeum (they've even said that was now why they were added).

Kixxie
02-27-2015, 03:15 AM
I would absolutely die to see GM's do something like this in game for the real servers - not building obviously as you can't.

but maybe have them spawn mobs on the west and east inside a big city and act like it's destroying something and we have to stop it..

Or a treasure hunt based on coordinates with sextants and or clues.

Maybe even seeing the GM's just pop in and have a "Community service" thing where people can just I don't know, hang out at a specific area and regen labor faster or something. I DON'T KNOW, SOMETHING :( <3

There is a lot I would do if I could.