PDA

View Full Version : Obsidian Crafting Procs - Would like an answer before patch

Draynor
02-26-2015, 12:28 AM
So this is troubling a lot of us and we don't have a clear answer (unless I missed something). As we're all preparing for the next patch I think it's crucial that we have conformation whether or not we can proc past celestial when upgrading our obsidian weapons to the next tier. This should be easy to test and would allow us to finally understand what is really going on.

My entire guild would love to know the answer before this patch goes live. Some of us even went to the PTS to farm, craft and regrade then craft up our obsidian's just to see if we could get some information. All it takes is 1 time to confirm, we don't even care about the %.

I'll continue bumping until I know the answer, too many speculations on what is real and what isn't so...

Please Trino

Saber
02-26-2015, 01:34 AM
why Bump it when you can go and test for your self? If someone has done this, they will most likely keep the information close to their chest.

Tho the Korean / RU version, the obsidian weapons could proc all the way up to mythic, but then again you have to be super lucky.

Lygophobia
02-26-2015, 01:50 AM
It makes no diffrence at all, regrade tier 1 as high as you dare and hope for the best. Worst case scenario you end up with t6 of same grade as you made you t1...

moo
02-26-2015, 01:51 AM
so yah this is verryy troubling for all of us and demands the attention of the producers and community mananger. we're playing this game and we want everything now and when you give it to us we want you to explain every little single thing about the exact drop rates to the hundreth thousandth percent and we also want to know if obsidian weps will proc to mythic and the exact percentage of that and how many times we expect to craft it before we recieve this proc and if we dont recieve this we're going to riot and cry and riot somemore and then blame everythign on you because you lied to us becaue that with .00001% i should've gotten one with my 30th craft but yet i still dont have it and its very troubling business for us so dont go bother about any other part of the game until you tell us exactly everything because we dont want to acutally have to spend the time to find out ourself, aint nobody got time for that. we want our cake and we want to eat it to. we want you to serve it to us through spoonfed and we dont want to have to spend any time at all to figure out any of the new content. just give it all here. plz tell or i will contine to cry until you tell ty triion - OP

Morrigan
02-26-2015, 02:16 AM
so yah this is verryy troubling for all of us and demands the attention of the producers and community mananger. we're playing this game and we want everything now and when you give it to us we want you to explain every little single thing about the exact drop rates to the hundreth thousandth percent and we also want to know if obsidian weps will proc to mythic and the exact percentage of that and how many times we expect to craft it before we recieve this proc and if we dont recieve this we're going to riot and cry and riot somemore and then blame everythign on you because you lied to us becaue that with .00001% i should've gotten one with my 30th craft but yet i still dont have it and its very troubling business for us so dont go bother about any other part of the game until you tell us exactly everything because we dont want to acutally have to spend the time to find out ourself, aint nobody got time for that. we want our cake and we want to eat it to. we want you to serve it to us through spoonfed and we dont want to have to spend any time at all to figure out any of the new content. just give it all here. plz tell or i will contine to cry until you tell ty triion - OP
Did you even read the OP or did you just feel like srouting completely irrelevant nonsense?

moo
02-26-2015, 02:38 AM
Did you even read the OP or did you just feel like srouting completely irrelevant nonsense?

whats srouting? xD jkin jkin xD yeah i read what they said xD but information like this doesn't need to be disclosed. i'm just saying some things you just need to go figure out yourself. too many threads asking for this and that.

Judi
02-26-2015, 04:32 AM
It makes no diffrence at all, regrade tier 1 as high as you dare and hope for the best. Worst case scenario you end up with t6 of same grade as you made you t1...

This exactly, it's probably even cheaper to regrade a T1 then a T6 anyway, so might aswell regrade the T1 all the way to maybe even divine if possible, if it breaks on the way it's not that expensive to craft another T1

Pwnocchio
02-26-2015, 08:32 AM
What does 'Procs' mean?

Pwnocchio
02-26-2015, 08:36 AM

Based on the Obsidian Weapons spread sheets out there I had assumed that Obs Weapons, like Hasla, are locked into a regrade level based on their tier.

T1 = Green
T2 = Blue
T3 = Purp
T4 = Gold
T5 = Pink
T6 = Red(?)

So if you take a T1 and regrade it to purple, when you churn it into a T2 it will be Blue.

Is this not the case?

Also, I think T3 Hasla are the only Hasla weapons that you can regrade. Can you regrade only T6 Obsidian?

moo
02-26-2015, 08:42 AM
the case is either like you pointed out pinnochio or it could be like normal weapon crafting where the grade stays the same :O like green all the way :O and it has chance to be a higher grade when crafted into the next level :O if its like normal crafting and it does goes into a higher grade then thats what they call a "proc" :O they were wondering if yhou could proc a red grade :O (celestial :O ) while crafting obsidians.

Pwnocchio
02-26-2015, 08:46 AM
the case is either like you pointed out pinnochio or it could be like normal weapon crafting where the grade stays the same :O like green all the way :O and it has chance to be a higher grade when crafted into the next level :O if its like normal crafting and it does goes into a higher grade then thats what they call a "proc" :O they were wondering if yhou could proc a red grade :O (celestial :O ) while crafting obsidians.

I would guess that it's like Hasla because Obscidian weapon crafting (Like Hasla) doesn't require any weapon smithing or carpentry proficiency. I don't think it depends on ANY proficiency, right?

Seems like the 'regrades' would be the same as Hasla were you get a free upgrade at every level. This is how it is shown in the various googledocs out on the web right now.

moo
02-26-2015, 08:52 AM
yeah no proficiency needed. it would be nice if it was like hasla :D would save us the trouble of having to regrade hehe

Norbi
02-26-2015, 08:53 AM
I would guess that it's like Hasla because Obscidian weapon crafting (Like Hasla) doesn't require any weapon smithing or carpentry proficiency. I don't think it depends on ANY proficiency, right?

Seems like the 'regrades' would be the same as Hasla were you get a free upgrade at every level. This is how it is shown in the various googledocs out on the web right now.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/35522/
^ Faded Compassionate Greatclub
Note that there is no "Regrade Available" text. Like you mentioned, Hasla weapons aren't regradeable until the final tier but you get a 'free' regrade with every tier upgrade.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/34610/
^ Obsidian Greatclub
Note that this tooltip does in fact have the "Regrade Available" text. Every tier of Obsidian weapons is regradeable. They do not follow the pattern of Hasla weapons.

Draynor
02-26-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm not trying to hoard this information for myself, everyone wants to know. Even up to now we're finally getting dev talk about regular crafting not being able to proc after celestial. Some say that the serpentis gear CAN be proc'd past celestial. However, we have no information and the % could be so low that no one will know for a very long time. I'm just asking if it's possible. If they're willing to limit regular crafting then why wouldn't they do it to obsidian as well.

When you're going to be spending over 20k in resources at an "attempt" at divine it would be nice to know if it's even possible or not.

DataDog
02-26-2015, 12:41 PM
People have already stated that each craft has a chance to increase the rarity of the item. I have also heard that tier 1 Obsidian weapons are the cheapest to regrade, so it's the most efficient and productive to regrade the tier 1 as high as you would like before upgrading them. This way you both save gold as well as earn a chance to increase the rarity without risk of downgrade or item break.

Rha3gar
02-26-2015, 12:47 PM
For the ones worried about a T2 obsidian loosing the previous T1 grade, can't someone on PST simply test it? You take a T1, you regrade it to lets say heroic/unique and see if it stays on T2. I suppose it will but since more than one person is asking also on this matter, that's maybe one of the few things that is possible to test without too much effort.

Draynor
02-26-2015, 12:48 PM
For the ones worried about a T2 obsidian loosing the previous T1 grade, can't someone on PST simply test it? You take a T1, you regrade it to lets say heroic/unique and see if it stays on T2. I suppose it will but since more than one person is asking also on this matter, that's maybe one of the few things that is possible to test without too much effort.

We're talking strictly cele+ or at least I am

Rha3gar
02-26-2015, 12:49 PM
We're talking strictly cele+ or at least I am

Yeah was referring to the guy saying that it was like Hasla weapons, with a fixed grade after their craft.

googgg
02-26-2015, 02:42 PM
Based on the Obsidian Weapons spread sheets out there I had assumed that Obs Weapons, like Hasla, are locked into a regrade level based on their tier.

T1 = Green
T2 = Blue
T3 = Purp
T4 = Gold
T5 = Pink
T6 = Red(?)

So if you take a T1 and regrade it to purple, when you churn it into a T2 it will be Blue.

Is this not the case?

Also, I think T3 Hasla are the only Hasla weapons that you can regrade. Can you regrade only T6 Obsidian?

You are so wrong it makes my brain hurt.

Draynor
02-27-2015, 12:07 AM
Bump!
/10chars

Pwnocchio
02-27-2015, 12:11 PM
You are so wrong it makes my brain hurt.

If you look closely, it was a question.

Voluntaris
02-27-2015, 12:12 PM
If you look closely, it was a question.

To craft...or not to craft...THAT, is the question....these days of our lives.

bizoiador
02-27-2015, 12:21 PM
more importantly... will the cost of weapons increase?

Xollo
02-27-2015, 12:55 PM
It would be great to have devs answer questions like these (I'm really interested in the regular crafting limit) however there's three reason's we're all wasting our time:

1. They won't answer.
2. Even if they do answer they will probably be wrong - see all the other examples of this happening.
3. In the unlikely event they answer and it's true, there's no guarantee this won't be changed without any warning - see all the other examples of this happening.

TheFell
02-27-2015, 01:41 PM
At least on alpha it could go above celestial on tier upgrade. Unless anything is changed it should be able to proc divine and higher when upgrading.

BananaS
02-27-2015, 01:48 PM
yep, the Devs here dont know abouth things like this. Better kall to XL games headquarters in Korea and ask there. or register on some korean archeage site and make a post there.

Draynor
02-28-2015, 06:13 PM
yep, the Devs here dont know abouth things like this. Better kall to XL games headquarters in Korea and ask there. or register on some korean archeage site and make a post there.

Not a bananas idea ;)

Urazilation
03-01-2015, 02:18 AM
Trion doesn't know. There, you have an answer.

Draynor
03-01-2015, 11:34 PM
Trion doesn't know. There, you have an answer.

I believe this is the truth as well. Even khrolan responded with an indirect answer...

vagrant
03-02-2015, 04:11 AM
What does 'Procs' mean?

it's from the programming term special process. it is the event that runs under certain circumstances, like when your weapon ability randomly activates or your weapon grade increases during crafting.

another term often used is mob to mean the monsters you kill. mob actually comes from the term mobile object. something in the game world that is not static and can move.

Draynor
03-02-2015, 09:36 AM
it's from the programming term special process. it is the event that runs under certain circumstances, like when your weapon ability randomly activates or your weapon grade increases during crafting.

another term often used is mob to mean the monsters you kill. mob actually comes from the term mobile object. something in the game world that is not static and can move.

Hey, thanks. That's some really interesting information that I didn't know about :)

Darklotus
03-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Hey, thanks. That's some really interesting information that I didn't know about :)

+1 very interesting.

Pwnocchio
03-02-2015, 09:43 AM

Thanks, mate. I though mob just meant mob.

Insightful.

Alarion
03-03-2015, 03:18 AM
Trion, all what u need to do is:

1) log 1 GM on PTS
2) this GM should spawn 100-200 weapons on 1st grade which are already celestial (GM with high rank can do it for 100%)
3) recraft them those 100-200 until AT LEAST iliustrious
4) Tell us if at least u regraded it ONCE from celestial to divine

Is it so hard Trion?

Trino plx answer finaly it is rly not hard test to do...

moo
03-03-2015, 03:36 AM
pls alarion stop asking for answer xD not really hard to do xD

Alarion
03-03-2015, 04:08 AM
I will not. somebody from Trion must stop this ignorance finaly.

Draynor
03-03-2015, 10:26 AM

Preach it brother

MagnumMack
03-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Where are all the PTS guys with an answer when you need it? Doesn't the PTS exist almost solely for situations like this???

Bokuden
03-03-2015, 12:36 PM

Do you also think Blizzard is required to give boss strategy guides whenever they release a new dungeon?
No? Then stop crying for a ♥♥♥♥ing handout and go try it yourself if it's so damn important to you.

FlavioSuarez
03-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Yes, if they didn't remove from korean, on korean you can proc all the way to epic/legendary if you're lucky enough.

Draynor
03-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Where are all the PTS guys with an answer when you need it? Doesn't the PTS exist almost solely for situations like this???

Try attempting this on the pts, it's so incredibly hard.

Draynor
03-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Please Trino?

Draynor
03-12-2015, 02:31 AM
Still iso.