PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth more keep the land or sell it?

Zitt
03-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Yesterday I got my first 16x16 farm for free (Excepting the construction materials) just for grapevines to do the solzreed dried food trade run to gweonid forest, So I don't really know if it worth more to keep it or sell it another thing is that I don't know the price which I can sell it for, It's located in solzreed-lacton, with the money I guess I can update my farm cart(2 spots) to a farm wagon (4 spots)

junweizhu
03-01-2015, 10:11 AM
It depends on the server you're in. At some servers you won't be able to sell the land at all because everyone has land already.

Zitt
03-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Im at naima

Noaani
03-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Chances are, if you were able to place the farm down without needing to pay for the land under it, the land itself won't sell for much.

I would use it for growing grapes for trade runs - but I would also make those runs to Two Crowns.

Zitt
03-01-2015, 11:03 AM
I placed the farm down without needing to pay for it, but I beat 3 people for placing it at 4:00am was the demolition, Im not sure about make runs to Two Crowns it's like 50 silver more for each pack and a lot more to travel, especially without eco fuel and just a 2 spot farm cart

Noaani
03-01-2015, 11:08 AM
I placed the farm down without needing to pay for it, but I beat 3 people for placing it at 4:00am was the demolition, Im not sure about make runs to Two Crowns it's like 50 silver more for each pack and a lot more to travel, especially without eco fuel and just a 2 spot farm cart
Going to Two Crowns is easier than Gweonid - its longer but there are more straight roads. You will quickly find out that travel time is not the limiting factor on trade runs - especially not when you upgrade to a bigger vehicle. If you are growing your own stuff, you will want to make the most profit you can from your labor points.

That said, the 1.2g extra you get for going to Two Crowns (40s each for 3 packs) will soon mount up.

Dinadan
03-01-2015, 11:09 AM
You probably won't be able to sell it for much of anything. Land is not worth much even on the headstart servers it seems. A lot of people have given up doing trade runs, and that was a large part of land utility.

Shalille
03-01-2015, 11:22 AM
On Naima, I would value that plot at 300-600g depending on how long your willing to search for a buyer.

lisa
03-02-2015, 07:43 AM
Per number of grapes you harvest...and the labored required: Its probably more profitable to sell the grapes? But i've not been in the game for awhile, so prices and need may have changed. But when i was playing, both growing and buying the grapes took too much profit away from that trade run.

feeder
03-02-2015, 08:14 AM
If you can find empty plots around then you wont be selling it anytime soon. Having to fight 3 other guys at 4am for the spot is a good sign I suppose, maybe sell it to one of those guys :D

Currently on my server, you can find an open 16x16 in any zone on the map. Its sad, but I think alot of the servers are at this point. I guess your server isnt there yet, so good for you.

Bobitoz
03-02-2015, 08:29 AM
You would probably make more profit selling mats for consumable crafts. Mainly cooking and alchemy.

60 to make the pack, 60 turn in. That's 120 LP that could of been used else ware. Some people don't like the time infested. If you only have a 16, it's probably best to plant single seeds.

I use to to packs until I realized that I'm basically throwing 120 LP in the dirt. That's almost a full harvest of a 16 with singles on it.

Waldo
03-02-2015, 08:41 AM
There is no free land. You paid for two 2 weeks taxes on its placement, and the next bill is already on its way. Start planting fast, because having unused land is just a burden and an handicap.
I used to have 5 properties, and now have 2 left. I'm kinda retired now, and land should make profit or get rid of it.

cvay
03-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Did you go look up at the Pumpkin Farm up top right cus that place is completely empty here. You can place only one farm and no buildings. It is also ideal when you get your harpoon clipper for Two Crowns. remember Solzreed needs the meat. I actually would do a short to Gweonid than go to Two Crown and then pick up the Gilda dailies in Marianople on the way back that give 5 gilda and then go back to Gweonid and return via Westshade etc for the vase run and back up to the Pumpkin Farm. You rear animals at the two ranches plus you need 30 dried flowers, seed, chopped produce for the perfume lady. And collect the unsafe gunpowder on way back. [ Gilda Dailies ] Two Crown needs the poms and seed and coming back from Two Crown needs the milk and the medi. So Have a cow, pig, pom tree, mushrooms, beans and maybe some geese and chickens. You see a lot of animals in Solzreed. You can use the airship but slow waits. There are some nifty shortcuts you need to learn. Edge the field in grapes and throw in a couple of bay for medi.

S>G=5.75plus G>TC=8.75plus on a donkey.

Personally I would hang on to any land. Level three alts, get the scarecrows and work them. You need the small scarecrow for the farmers workstation to feed the animals. Apples are good also. And Aloa and chilli. Hay bails-clover-pumpkins on rotation for feed. Barley gives hay bails if you farm enough. Plant barley and carrots around the outside edge of the farm. Takes 30 minutes. Level 20 donkey needs the carrots. Say 35 a trip.

You'll work it out.