PDA

View Full Version : Need to Vent About Crafting

Stygiax
03-02-2015, 11:00 AM
:mad::mad::mad:

I have just crafted my 5th consecutive piece of Magnificent Sunset Plate; my 9th consecutive piece of Sunset Plate; and my 18th piece of plate since I last got Quake without salvaging.

Remove Sunset from the game plx. Noone wants Int+Str.

So, anyone here got me beat for unluckiest crafter ever?

junweizhu
03-02-2015, 11:21 AM
I could use those stats. I think. Maybe. Whenever I go spellsinger or any battlerage sorcery combo skillset I guess. I do understand your pain though, but it's something everyone's going through at the moment. You're just being a bit unluckier than some...or maybe not, considering you have so many magnificent gear.

Stygiax
03-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Part of the problem is that there's not really any demand for magnificent anymore; the stuff's just serving to sink all-too-limited archeum out of the game.

Of the 10-11 pieces of magnificent gear I've crafted, 2 have been made from naturally crafted Illustrious Quakes, the others have all been from reforging 3 salvaged Illustrious'.

It's reached the point where I will no longer unseal my own gear, in the hopes that that change will alter the seed used for the games pseudo-rng.

Setrict
03-02-2015, 11:44 AM
The crafting scheme is really absurd in some ways. It's like a real life master chef gets all the ingredients together and plans to make the best lasagna dinner, but when he pulls it out of the oven it's turkey and stuffing. I get that they want to restrict access to high end stuff, but at least have the process make the some small amount of sense.

Illustrious Dessert should be upgradable to Magnificent Dessert, and on up the tiers with additional materials, labor, and luck. Make the chance to upgrade small, or reasonably costly if they need to restrict. It's balls out crazy to have to start from scratch and hope you stumble on the right one. The Archeum shortage would be less of an issue without the dumb.

Trion: Next time you get vistors from XL, ask them if they'd like coffee, tea, soda, etc.... then roll the dice and bring them what RNGesus gives. If they try to trade between themselves from the result, slap their hands and say "No! Untradable".

Draklan
03-02-2015, 11:55 AM
The crafting scheme is really absurd in some ways. It's like a real life master chef gets all the ingredients together and plans to make the best lasagna dinner, but when he pulls it out of the oven it's turkey and stuffing. I get that they want to restrict access to high end stuff, but at least have the process make the some small amount of sense.

Illustrious Dessert should be upgradable to Magnificent Dessert, and on up the tiers with additional materials, labor, and luck. Make the chance to upgrade small, or reasonably costly if they need to restrict. It's balls out crazy to have to start from scratch and hope you stumble on the right one. The Archeum shortage would be less of an issue without the dumb.

Trion: Next time you get vistors from XL, ask them if they'd like coffee, tea, soda, etc.... then roll the dice and bring them what RNGesus gives. If they try to trade between themselves from the result, slap their hands and say "No! Untradable".

I agree with this.

Stygiax
03-02-2015, 12:10 PM
The only change I'd make to the suggestion is that the choice of beverages should be: Coffee we made a week ago, some moderately expensive champagne, some fairly nice tea and some soda that may or may not contain a laxative. Trading's permitted, but you must pay the difference in market cost to trade up, despite the fact they all get their initial drink for free.

Nephlim
03-02-2015, 12:49 PM

I have just crafted my 5th consecutive piece of Magnificent Sunset Plate; my 9th consecutive piece of Sunset Plate; and my 18th piece of plate since I last got Quake without salvaging.

Your getting all the way to Mag! I've gotten 19 I'm not fudging kidding here 19 Illustrious Desert Leather pieces in a row. So I salavged my duplicates and guess what. Magnificent Desert leather...

Stygiax
03-02-2015, 01:34 PM
You are indeed beating me slightly in terms of consistency, although I would expect that Magnificent Desert would at least sell for more than 1/3rd the cost of the other types (It's not even worth trying to sell Sunset plate, at least on my AH cluster)

Kailani
03-02-2015, 01:38 PM

Agreed, speacilly the second part...

Nephlim
03-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Yeah I dont recover mat cost for desert. Its a net loss everytime.

Grizabella
03-02-2015, 01:46 PM

ROTFL- Love this idea!

Mangix
03-02-2015, 02:17 PM

could totally get on board with that. Illustrious craft is a dice roll, then from there on its like armor upgrading where you have a chance to succeed, fail, and maybe even major failure where you disassemble your illustrious gear (and maybe even lose a fair % of the mats)

jeffbenefiel
03-02-2015, 02:20 PM

Uh, no. It's also the only set that gives Magic Defense, a facet sorely lacking in Plate Armor. Without Sunset we might as well all be running around in Cloth armor. Also, there are things out there called Healers who really like the Int bonus thank you very much and we need the physical protection the plate offers while we're resurrecting short sighted DPS ♥♥♥♥♥♥.

BatPikachu
03-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Make the Strength on Sunset spirit and watch it go from one of the most hated kinds of armour to one of the most desired.

Badwoulfe
03-02-2015, 02:23 PM

The crafting in this game is hideous. One of the many reasons so many people left.

Azor Ahai
03-02-2015, 02:31 PM
You are indeed beating me slightly in terms of consistency, although I would expect that Magnificent Desert would at least sell for more than 1/3rd the cost of the other types (It's not even worth trying to sell Sunset plate, at least on my AH cluster)

Sunset can sell, I've done it.

You just need to throw what you paid out the window and accept a 1/5th return.

lol

UserName6
03-02-2015, 02:47 PM
Obsidian armor fixes all this, whenever that comes out.

BusterMcKnuckles
03-02-2015, 02:57 PM

Best analogy to describe AA crafting I have ever seen. Lol'd and then cried a little inside.

Necrodeemus
03-02-2015, 02:58 PM
they could fix this so easy.

Add an optional material to each recipe, 4 different kinds. A semi rare random drop/coin purse item.

Item A = Guarantees 1 type
Item B = Guarantees 1 type
Item C = Guarantees 1 type
All 3 combined = Guarantees Upgradeable type.

Can craft without the above = random

Depending on tier = depending quantity of mats required.

Simple, easy fix, no more complaining.

Stygiax
03-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Uh, no. It's also the only set that gives Magic Defense, a facet sorely lacking in Plate Armor. Without Sunset we might as well all be running around in Cloth armor. Also, there are things out there called Healers who really like the Int bonus thank you very much and we need the physical protection the plate offers while we're resurrecting short sighted DPS ♥♥♥♥♥♥.

300-or-so magic defence won't stop a mage from two-or-three shotting you thanks to your tiny little hp pool. Also I am a healer: I'll take my plate Lake-flavored thanks.

Make the Strength on Sunset spirit and watch it go from one of the most hated kinds of armour to one of the most desired.

I could get behind this. Spirit would improve the magic defence to usable levels as well as making it The Healer Plate; interestingly replacing the Int with Spirit may also work, especially for Argents, Paladins and healing-focused Templars.

My inner masochist just made me work out numbers. I have spent at current market prices over 3000g on Archeum alone to craft the plate I currently have which, because Sunset keep coming up in my valuable slots, has a market value of ~1000g. I should point out that over the course of crafting it, the archeum cost has more than halved, so it's probably closer to 5000g spent. For just the Archeum, then there's the various stabilisers...

1/15 of my sealed crafts has been Quake.

I think a tree-like structure would be the best balance. You make Quake which can craft either into Quake, or Lake, or Desert, each time you upgrade it it has a chance to "lose" a stat. Might result in too much Earth though.

Lamoose
03-02-2015, 05:16 PM

Make sure you also completely shuffle all the vending/drink machines so they can try the rng box as well.

Titanforce
03-03-2015, 09:25 AM

Try Handi crafting it is 100x worse. Nearly impossible to get an earth past artificers

Dalriaden
03-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Try Handi crafting it is 100x worse. Nearly impossible to get an earth past artificers

90k been to conqueror's twice, contemplate dropping it everyday but for some reason I dont. -.-

SirGaric
03-03-2015, 09:32 AM
To the OP: I feel your pain. When I finally got my first Epherium Typhoon leather chest, I went like OMG! Yes!

I went and regraded it to Unique, only six scrolls needed from Grand. Super luck!

Then I crafted the Delphinad Sealed and OMG! it went Celestial for free!

And finally I opened the seal. And got EARTH. Great for tanks. But no tank wants leather.

Howitzer
03-03-2015, 09:35 AM
I just think 2 tiers should be upgradeable for armors only and that would solve the problem.

Dalriaden
03-03-2015, 09:37 AM
To the OP: I feel your pain. When I finally got my first Epherium Typhoon leather chest, I went like OMG! Yes!

I went and regraded it to Unique, only six scrolls needed from Grand. Super luck!

Then I crafted the Delphinad Sealed and OMG! it went Celestial for free!

And finally I opened the seal. And got EARTH. Great for tanks. But no tank wants leather.

wrong, earth leather is great for serpentis, most tanks I know run it.

SirGaric
03-03-2015, 09:40 AM
wrong, earth leather is great for serpentis, most tanks I know run it.

I have wasted almost 600g on failed listings in my AH, so there must be something wrong in my cluster then.

whiskeyditka
03-03-2015, 09:46 AM
I have wasted almost 600g on failed listings in my AH, so there must be something wrong in my cluster then.

what cluster I'll buy it

SirGaric
03-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Dahuta - Melisara - Eanna (EU).

Anyway, maybe I was too greedy with the price, but I just looked at other similar pieces of gear for sale and put what I thought it was a competitive price.

Weekend after weekend that price has decrased to less than half the original price, so I guess there is no interest on it, or there is less people with a lot of gold in my cluster.

I think I'll drop a message in the worldgate forum instead of wasting more gold listing it all weekend in the AH.

Durdles
03-03-2015, 10:36 AM
It's not that there's no interest, it's the shopping for armor and weapons had died unless you're almost giving it away.

I have never ran a pack or done hasla etc., I make all my gold buying and selling armor/weapons and the last 2 weeks has been dismal. I have 12+ epher/delph things that I have been trying to sell (and sell cheap) for 10 days and have sold ONE in a week. I used to sell 3-5 daily.

Until gold goes back up or prices drop things will just sit. People are also waiting for 55. I'd just hold onto it until 55 is out or sell it cheap. If you keep trying to get what everyone else is pricing stuff at you'll just keep paying AH fees. Maybe try selling it in /f.

SirGaric
03-03-2015, 10:56 AM
The problem with /F is that my server (Melisara) is one of the least populated servers.

You only need to take a look at the crafters of high tier gear in my AH cluster. Most of them are from Dahuta, some are from Eanna, and only a handful are from my server.