PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of Ayanad Spotlight: Obsidian Weapons

Scapes
03-03-2015, 07:35 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/03/ObsidianWeapons_blog_810x300.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/03/03/secrets-of-ayanad-spotlight-obsidian-weapons)

A host of powerful obsidian weapons are coming to ArcheAge in the Secrets of Ayanad game update. These highly-desired armaments are sure to help you unravel the mysteries of the Ayanad Library (and provide strong alternatives to the traditionally-crafted weaponry available today). Each existing type of weapon will gain an obsidian counterpart with unique stats and passive bonuses, and all of their recipes will appear in the Weaponry and Carpentry sections of your Folio with no proficiency requirements to craft them.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/03/03/secrets-of-ayanad-spotlight-obsidian-weapons)

Crazy Mike
03-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Do the weapons have a chance of upgrading their rarity AFTER celestial? (you have a divine obsidian greatsword, do you have a chance at upgrading it to the next obsidian tier and a chance for it to go to epic?), it hasn't been proven yet if you can get an upgrade-regrade proc after celestial, but its confirmed you can go from unique to celestial from upgrading, but no info about divine+, would answer alot of questions from alot of people if this gets an official response, thanks !

JayWoosh
03-03-2015, 07:54 PM
I love the idea of a weapon that's good for melee DPS with healing power on it, can finally live my dream of being paladingus.

kwart
03-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Awesome! :) It's my 9th day of playing and this game is so addicting! I even woke up late today cause I pulled an all nighter last night, too bad I have to wait 8 hours for the update haha.

Tillai
03-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Do the weapons have a chance of upgrading their rarity AFTER celestial? (you have a divine obsidian greatsword, do you have a chance at upgrading it to the next obsidian tier and a chance for it to go to epic?), it hasn't been proven yet if you can get an upgrade-regrade proc after celestial, but its confirmed you can go from unique to celestial from upgrading, but no info about divine+, would answer alot of questions from alot of people if this gets an official response, thanks !
By recraft all u can get is Celestial, if lucky. It wont "break thru" into Divine, Celestial is limit by recraft and to get it to Celestial it has to be Unique. +1 Grade at a time...

Mertano
03-04-2015, 04:38 AM
By recraft all u can get is Celestial, if lucky. It wont "break thru" into Divine, Celestial is limit by recraft and to get it to Celestial it has to be Unique. +1 Grade at a time...

Source?????????

Anoron
03-04-2015, 10:45 AM
You can go above Celestial, we have a person in our guild that went from Divine to Epic when he crafted his Epherium Volcano bow to Delph Bow.

PS - We all believed it couldn't happen either until it did. It must be just a very low chance.

Eilios
03-04-2015, 11:16 AM
You can go above Celestial, we have a person in our guild that went from Divine to Epic when he crafted his Epherium Volcano bow to Delph Bow.

PS - We all believed it couldn't happen either until it did. It must be just a very low chance.

I think they're all asking specifically about obsidian weapons, not the regular craft weapons. Much like Hasla weapons have limitations, we're wondering if there is a cap on rarity with obsidian weapons.

Hard to believe no ones done this yet on PTS, but I don't play it at all so I can't blame anyone.

lothar
03-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Does this patch contains the Eternal Library Armor and Eternal Library Weapons?:confused: Thank u for your answer.

Nefar
03-04-2015, 04:02 PM
Saw them on the test server. All it accomplished was draining my will to play since I know I don't have 40 hours a week for months to farm for them.

Tillai
03-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Source?????????
ArcheAge RU.

Scrivean
03-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Does this patch contains the Eternal Library Armor and Eternal Library Weapons?:confused: Thank u for your answer.

I believe they mentioned in the Live Streams that obsidian armor is not in as it is attached to one of the new areas added in 1.7. So May or July if they stay on target, or never if they have it removed.

Myles
03-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Can someone post the recipes from the PTS?

Sedura
03-04-2015, 05:52 PM
I believe they mentioned in the Live Streams that obsidian armor is not in as it is attached to one of the new areas added in 1.7. So May or July if they stay on target, or never if they have it removed.

He was referring to the Ancient Library Gear and Weapons that can randomly drop in the Library, not Obsidian armor. It's just like getting the Divine Armor drops in Auroria and should be released with next week's patch.

betyar
03-05-2015, 01:17 AM
Can you show me any stat of this Obsidian Weapons?? I interest 1H sword! thank your info. This is about as epherium sword or what?

supthereyet
03-05-2015, 01:26 AM
Can you show me any stat of this Obsidian Weapons?? I interest 1H sword! thank your info. This is about as epherium sword or what?

Check out this list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VCDMqoVB5XoUahJ4vbBpOHjruI5UBHg_ZRpcBhRoSfI/htmlview?usp=docslist_api&sle=true made by Fobm4ster on Enla.

Mortia
03-05-2015, 01:38 AM

T3 Obsidian is slightly better than T3 Hasla (at heroic) however it favours stamina over dps stats. It is also better than epherium in terms of DPS.

Chuck Zitto
03-05-2015, 04:26 AM

Why is everybody so worried about this. Its archeage. So even if it is possible the probabiltiy of it happening to you is like 0.00000000001 percent. So yes I am sure like 2 people out of all the servers on na and eu will get a lucky roll that regrades it up.

heavy
03-05-2015, 04:29 AM
He was referring to the Ancient Library Gear and Weapons that can randomly drop in the Library, not Obsidian armor. It's just like getting the Divine Armor drops in Auroria and should be released with next week's patch.

It should be there - don't any reason not to drop since it is library drop.

supthereyet
03-05-2015, 08:17 AM
Why is everybody so worried about this. Its archeage. So even if it is possible the probabiltiy of it happening to you is like 0.00000000001 percent. So yes I am sure like 2 people out of all the servers on na and eu will get a lucky roll that regrades it up.

Because if it is possible; the perhaps more dedicated and those who have some extra gold on them will regrade it to Celestial at Tier 1 and have a total of 5 tiers where it is possible for a proc. :- )

NaCL Delivery
03-05-2015, 08:42 AM
ArcheAge RU.

Hmm If only we were playing on the same code base as RU... But oh wait, WE AREN'T.

Neetero
03-05-2015, 09:30 AM
can we have the korean loading screens like kibrary, leviathan or something like that?

Janek
03-05-2015, 10:28 AM
@Scapes wrote All first obsidian weapons are available in Secrets of Ayanad, including the lute and flute.
can u Scapes explain this?

all tiers 1-6 are available ...
or maybe just all obsidian but first tiers

RadiantShocker
03-05-2015, 10:58 AM
can u Scapes explain this?

all tiers 1-6 are available ...
or maybe just all obsidian but first tiers

What he said there was all "first" Obsidian Weapons Tier 1-6 are available. There is a Second Set of Obsidian Weapons that give more Dmg Stats.
The ones we're getting prefer Stamina.

Janek
03-05-2015, 11:30 AM
nope i quoted directly his words

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?162900-Secrets-of-Ayanad-Spotlight-Diamond-Shores&highlight=flute

Chuck Zitto
03-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Because if it is possible; the perhaps more dedicated and those who have some extra gold on them will regrade it to Celestial at Tier 1 and have a total of 5 tiers where it is possible for a proc. :- )

Its not like everybody who has known about obsidian weapons since alpha were not planning to do this anyways if you can proc it up or not. So again why does everybody keep pushing this. Its obvious the devs either dont care or aren't gonna tell us. You simply just have this undieing need to know if rngesus could possible love you or not.

Kressilac
03-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Awesome! :) It's my 9th day of playing and this game is so addicting! I even woke up late today cause I pulled an all nighter last night, too bad I have to wait 8 hours for the update haha.

Ah the unbridled enthusiasm of the newbie ArcheAge player. Rarely seen in these habitats. This rare breed of player hasn't seen beyond the fašade, hasn't become jaded and hasn't made it to maximum level. This is the creature that ArcheAge was built for.

I'm jealous. Before I logged onto the forums in an Alpha that seems so long ago, I had that same enthusiasm. Now, all I do is look to the future and hope that this fabled patch called 1.7 will restore that same level of enthusiasm. Ahh, the good ole days of Alpha.

Bonfyre
03-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Also, once this patch comes out will the quests be open to Pirates? Thx!

Tillai
03-08-2015, 03:56 AM
Hmm If only we were playing on the same code base as RU... But oh wait, WE AREN'T.
True, EU/NA is behind for minimum like 6 months, so dont hope that they add option like RU have that the obsidian can accidently regrade while recrafting it at all:p:D:( As much i know, all the code is taken from "source code" and gets passed by licence, so basically we have same base code, no matter its korea or russia or "neverendingland", the only diff they make (i guess so) is in success %. Trion isnt code maker, he is code buyer... And from that u can call Trion as reseller and of course they want money back for theyr "buy in" by giving u less success % so u could waste ur real money on F2P game :p Finally all are happy, u get ur item after "X" try and Trion gets hes money ;););)

III
03-09-2015, 01:18 AM
Hi,

So I can't start new thread !!!!

I want to make a thread to discuss about the ayanade start time (15h gmt - thanks for the 24h format).
You have stated that : "Due to the competition involved in this type of release we will not be opening servers early even if the update completes faster than expected."
By this launch time you have put away from the competition all workers and high schoolers !!!

All your past update started at 18h/19h gmt which is much more democratic time fore everyboby

It is still time to change !!!

Eldraed
03-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Will there be weapons that give +magic attack AND +healing power? Builds like Animist feel like they would be completely useless without something like that.

Itzhak
03-24-2015, 02:38 AM
Will there be weapons that give +magic attack AND +healing power? Builds like Animist feel like they would be completely useless without something like that.

Dual wielding:
1h katana/scepter (+mag)
1h shortspear (+heal)

wherethehellami
03-24-2015, 02:44 AM
Dual wielding:
1h katana/scepter (+mag)
1h shortspear (+heal)

the obs katana, shortspears and scepters can only be wielded with the right hand.