PDA

View Full Version : There is literally no land for new players

YellowJacketXV
03-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Title says it all.

I don't have the capability to buy from these stingy landlords either because it would require me to drop money on APEX.

When are newer players ever going to get a break?
This is absolutely unfair.

Phillypop
03-03-2015, 10:06 PM
free land galore on Ezi, even in the non pvp zones.

Yavimaya
03-03-2015, 10:11 PM
There is no land because Krholan gives it all away to hackers who dont deserve it.

Bruttle
03-03-2015, 10:13 PM
There are tons of 8x8's just sitting open in non-pvp zones. Aside from that, there are 16x plots for sale less than 200g each if you watch /faction. That being said, with the exception of a plot or two, I paid for every last one of my pieces of property and I was there at head start. All in all, I have some very hard earned chunks of land. It is not meant to be easy, and it is not meant to be open and available to all players. It is meant to be a limited resource.

As a side example, with absolutely no financial help from me, my 10 year old daughter had a house, 16x16 farm, and an 8x8 farm all adjacent, and all in a non pvp zone within weeks of starting. This was with zero contact with other players and very minimal play time. The only thing I gave her was advice.

So before you continue complaining on how it is so difficult and unfair, consider that a 10 year old girl did what you apparently couldn't...

Datroll
03-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Title says it all.

I don't have the capability to buy from these stingy landlords either because it would require me to drop money on APEX.

You mean no land in PvE zones. Stop carebearing and find land in PvP zones, there's always an open spot.

Planeshiftr
03-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Complaining about land is so three months ago. If you can't find land now, you don't deserve to play. This game will not hand things to you like WoW.

This game needs new players, but not lazy, carebears like you with an entitlement attitude.

Yavimaya
03-03-2015, 10:32 PM
There are tons of 8x8's just sitting open in non-pvp zones. Aside from that, there are 16x plots for sale less than 200g each if you watch /faction. That being said, with the exception of a plot or two, I paid for every last one of my pieces of property and I was there at head start. All in all, I have some very hard earned chunks of land. It is not meant to be easy, and it is not meant to be open and available to all players. It is meant to be a limited resource.

As a side example, with absolutely no financial help from me, my 10 year old daughter had a house, 16x16 farm, and an 8x8 farm all adjacent, and all in a non pvp zone within weeks of starting. This was with zero contact with other players and very minimal play time. The only thing I gave her was advice.

So before you continue complaining on how it is so difficult and unfair, consider that a 10 year old girl did what you apparently couldn't...

You mustnt think very much of your daughter if you use her in a comparison like that.

Morrigan
03-03-2015, 10:42 PM
OP I don't think you know what the word literally means

I have been here since headstart I had 8 properties that I paid a fortune for.
So day before yesterday I picked them all up.

Took me less than 2 hours to place 3 down and build them again in different locations.
I might add that those locations were of my choosing, the land was just sitting there,

So get of your butt and look around

Galix
03-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Title says it all.

With the way the game is now it should be easier to find land. :)

Empyreus
03-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Title says it all.

There is plenty of land to be had, i've seen plots going anywhere from 100g-400g and rarely above that for a standard 16. That is NOT a lot of money and hell Apex is down to 350 on most shards, if you cant somehow get that kind of money together for land... i wonder if you'll have the ability to KEEP land once you get it.

YellowJacketXV
03-03-2015, 11:05 PM
I don't think my server has any availabilities for anything greater than 8x8 I'm currently on Kyrios and I can't seem to find anything. I checked the PvP areas first because I knew there would be nothing in the non PvP zones.

I have literally just hit level 45 and just completed the quest line that gives you the 16x16 farm plot. I spent 2 hours scouring whatever I could get near with no luck.

Are there server transfers to less-populated servers? Are there even tools for this stuff?

@Planeshiftr
I'm paying my $15 for patron status that allows land ownership. Every transaction in life is payment rendered for services received, be it scrubbing toilets or a sous chef cooking high class food. This is no different, if there's no real land ownership then soon I'll have no choice but to cut that.

Zengiar
03-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Your patron doesn't allow you to own land, it allows you to rent it from Trion. You never actually own land here.

Also there is free land everywhere on non-founder servers.

Morrigan
03-03-2015, 11:18 PM
Your patron doesn't allow you to own land, it allows you to rent it from Trion. You never actually own land here.

Also there is free land everywhere on non-founder servers.

even on founder servers actually

Trixologist
03-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Title says it all.

This message was posted 5 months too late - we aren't in that phase anymore.
On my server there is plenty of land to be had with properties taking over a week to sell on Faction chat.

JUST TONIGHT I looked over at one of my neighbors properties and guess what - empty 24x24, snagged it.
Then I walked around and snooped on expiry dates, there are 11 properties going down in my area.

You either need to look harder or go ahead and buy one from those Faction folks.
I honestly don't know what you mean about having to get APEX to buy one from them...you are a patron right?

EDIT: Kyrios - in that case, be grateful you have a full server...or transfer to a leaner one.

DjinniGenie
03-03-2015, 11:40 PM
You can find land on Calleil! I promise.

DancingShade
03-03-2015, 11:46 PM
I don't think my server has any availabilities for anything greater than 8x8 I'm currently on Kyrios.

Well no ♥♥♥♥, its the highest population server. If (free to claim) land matters that much to you pick one of the many other servers. Otherwise go earn some gold and offer to buy real estate from another player.

Aeducan76
03-03-2015, 11:59 PM
Come to Nebe, no land issues, never seen a hacker (seems they hang around in NA only).

You might even get no competition on some demos, but other than that itīs easy to win a demo.

Noaani
03-04-2015, 12:01 AM
I play on Ollo, without a doubt one of the busiest servers in this game (if not the busiest).

Literally (correct use of that word) every major construction zone in the game has room for a half dozen or more 8*8 plots, which is enough for a new player to get started with. Most have patches with room for 3 or 4 continuous 8*8s.

Additionally, some of the pumpkin patches are only about a two thirds full, I saw room for three 16*16s a few days ago for a group of players wanting land together.

And then there is The PvP zones, admittedly less Newby friendly, but still land. And let's not even get started on Auroria...

Shalille
03-04-2015, 12:03 AM
I don't think my server has any availabilities for anything greater than 8x8 I'm currently on Kyrios and I can't seem to find anything.

Try checking the "scarecrow farm only" areas, those are marked on the maps in 2 lowbie zones of each continent.
For West its North Solzreed and West Gweonid, for East its North Arcum Iris, and northeast Mahadevi.
These locations are restricted to one per account so there is less competition for them.

Alternatively you could make an alt on a less crowded server and get a farm there. Make sure its on the same auction house cluster, so you can transfer profits back to your main server.

Fargrist
03-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Title says it all.

On Kyrios buying land is rewarding the land hackers. Because the competition was so fierce only the cheats prospered, and still do.

Overall though the problem is that ArcheAge was designed for a smaller playerbase than it has now on Kyrios. Once we get the population base down a bit everyone will be able to get at least a 16x16 to start with. I guess that's called game balance.

A small capped player population is a strange way to design an MMO, but it looks like the design is working to limit the population downward.

Aphrael
03-04-2015, 12:16 AM
OP, it's been like this since launch off and on. Your patron does give you the ability to own land, but it doesn't give you guaranteed access to land. You simply have the ability. Having the ability to do something doesn't mean everyone is automatically handed some at some point.

I would recommend that you set down your 8x8, start farming and running packs. Do you have a guild? If not, look into getting a good guild, they'll help you. Run packs until you can generate enough gold to buy a 16. Took me 2 months or so at the start but it does happen :)

Morrigan
03-04-2015, 01:00 AM
On Kyrios buying land is rewarding the land hackers. Because the competition was so fierce only the cheats prospered, and still do.

Overall though the problem is that ArcheAge was designed for a smaller playerbase than it has now on Kyrios. Once we get the population base down a bit everyone will be able to get at least a 16x16 to start with. I guess that's called game balance.

A small capped player population is a strange way to design an MMO, but it looks like the design is working to limit the population downward.

This is complete nonsense.
Arhceage was designed with a high pop in mind- that is why so many of the game systems fall apart when there is not enough people.
The optimum pop for a server is more people that available land- many more

Deliqo
03-04-2015, 01:11 AM
I double dare you to check windscour savannah before you talk about land, unless it's too low for a new player's standards.

DancingShade
03-04-2015, 01:12 AM
Don't forget Auroria. Always land free there for good reason.

Budika
03-04-2015, 02:35 AM
I double dare you to check windscour savannah before you talk about land, unless it's too low for a new player's standards.

Hoodscour is too low for anyone.

Deliqo
03-04-2015, 03:04 AM
Hoodscour is too low for anyone.

I remember how everyone claimed there is no land with more than half of savannah being open for grabs even on headstart and half week after the release, I still own main farming land in savannah and have spread to more important places for trade runs with time. Frankly if it's too low for OP to place his farms in savannah/hasla/rookborn then it's his own problem - all of these locations have open spaces and 8x8's are literally on every zone up for grabs.
So yeah if there are problems with the game it's surely not lack of the land at our current state, real problems are known and are far worse than OP being unaware of land places or having them high standards and priorities set too high.

Aeducan76
03-04-2015, 03:08 AM
I remember how everyone claimed there is no land with more than half of savannah being open for grabs even on headstart and half week after the release, I still own main farming land in savannah and have spread to more important places for trade runs with time. Frankly if it's too low for OP to place his farms in savannah/hasla/rookborn then it's his own problem - all of these locations have open spaces and 8x8's are literally on every zone up for grabs.
So yeah if there are problems with the game it's surely not lack of the land at our current state, real problems are known and are far worse than OP being unaware of land places or having them high standards and priorities set too high.

True many ppl just donīt wanna handle the griefers, but who can blame them. PvP enabled zones will bring out the worst in so-called-wannabe decent folks always.

Again - come to Nebe, we like new ppl ;)

Fargrist
03-04-2015, 03:11 AM
This is complete nonsense.
Arhceage was designed with a high pop in mind- that is why so many of the game systems fall apart when there is not enough people.
The optimum pop for a server is more people that available land- many more

Baloney. At peak population only 10% of players were getting land. Which means the game was designed to only please 10% of the players that began to play ArcheAge.

Trion should have been aggressively trying to lock the other 90% of players into the game. Instead what we had was forums full of land complaints and land hacking complaints which only subsided when customers left.

XL Games designs for its current population in Korea, they didn't have the systems in place for ArcheAge to flex and grow with the influx that was bound to happen in the West, and which probably happened two years ago in Korea, but for which XL Games, and perforce Trion, no longer plan.

Well they don't have to plan for those large player populations now, basically because the game was designed for fewer customers in mind.

A self fulfilling lack of sales by ignoring customers screaming for your product.

Morrigan
03-04-2015, 03:21 AM
Baloney. At peak population only 10% of players were getting land. Which means the game was designed to only please 10% of the players that began to play ArcheAge.

Trion should have been aggressively trying to lock the other 90% of players into the game. Instead what we had was forums full of land complaints and land hacking complaints which only subsided when customers left.

XL Games designs for its current population in Korea, they didn't have the systems in place for ArcheAge to flex and grow with the influx that was bound to happen in the West, and which probably happened two years ago in Korea, but for which XL Games, and perforce Trion, no longer plan.

Well they don't have to plan for those large player populations now, basically because the game was designed for fewer customers in mind.

A self fulfilling lack of sales by ignoring customers screaming for your product.

You base your entire argument on your opinion that everyone who is a patron should own land.
That is nonsense.
It is a failure of reading comprehension in the west not of the game.
It is also a failure of the players to come to AA without doing research and expecting an experience where the game spoon feeds you because themepark MMO's have led them to expect that

If you consider the rest of the game: trade, sea battles/ trade, piracy, the AH, availability of goods, crafting, PvP, sieges etc etc- it is pretty clear that the game was indeed designed for a high pop.

If XL thought that a low pop was fine they would not have merged servers in every version of the game to keep the population healthy.

You are letting your obsession with land obscure the facts

Yed
03-04-2015, 03:43 AM
Land is damn cheap and with a temporary 8x8 you can easily make enough gold to buy a 16x16.

Yes, you'll have to do something for it, don't expect everything to be free and handed to you.

Also, ask help from your guild, in mine we constantly give land away (especially 8x8) to newcomers who need it or we help them snipe at a demo.

Inanis
03-04-2015, 03:53 AM
im in calleil ... and a 16x16 next to my other 16x16 in marianople demoed.. and no one claimed the spot for like 2 days...

failgamming
03-04-2015, 04:15 AM
Title says it all.

why don't you try getting off your ♥♥♥ and watching for propties to fall like the rest of us iv got 4 on my server that i'm watching.

Telantras
03-04-2015, 05:13 AM
Title says it all.

But I thought everyone left the game?

Kary
03-04-2015, 05:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qzXrEga.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3x8Mzba.jpg

Literally no land. That crafting station spot is SO taken, amirite

Modescond
03-04-2015, 05:28 AM
I agree with the majority of the comments here. if you want 16x16 land or larger in falcorth, yny, coastal villa, east arcum or west rook on ollo? good luck. Your options are public demo and snipe or buy it. The reason is that land actually has some value to it. nobody puts down larders in tigerspine because they aren't worth anything anywhere.

yny -> fal, fal -> yny, windscour -> arcum -> yny, sf -> fal
those are your four most common trade runs that pve-type players do (imo). thus, those zones are going to be in hot-contest for land.

Pumpkin patches are often open and have readily available locations due to the blocking of most players from placing there. It *must* be your first, but once you place, you can own other land elsewhere.

I have eight plots of land, i purchased 7 of them. I'm completely f2p w/ patron. It can be done.

DrowByNight
03-04-2015, 05:46 AM
There's lots of land in West Enla if you don't mind they are in Karkasse and Windscour in East Enla. People are letting go of 16x16 plots for 100g-150g in safe zones and Auroria.

cvay
03-04-2015, 05:47 AM
I don't think my server has any availabilities for anything greater than 8x8 I'm currently on Kyrios and I can't seem to find anything. I checked the PvP areas first because I knew there would be nothing in the non PvP zones.

I have literally just hit level 45 and just completed the quest line that gives you the 16x16 farm plot. I spent 2 hours scouring whatever I could get near with no luck.

Are there server transfers to less-populated servers? Are there even tools for this stuff?

@Planeshiftr
I'm paying my $15 for patron status that allows land ownership. Every transaction in life is payment rendered for services received, be it scrubbing toilets or a sous chef cooking high class food. This is no different, if there's no real land ownership then soon I'll have no choice but to cut that.

Have you tried the pumpkin farms that limit players to just one farm only. Thats how I started. Top right Solzreed... and bottom left Gweonid. They are almost completely empty on my server. Took me an age to get a 16x16. I am talking over a month. Since then I have found just four plots vacant in housing areas. I do now have two cottages, 3 small scarecrow, loom and large farm. Being playing since Christmas.

Evilsix
03-04-2015, 06:22 AM
You should always be able to find land now. 8x8s are open everywhere, and I found two open 16x16s within the last few weeks just a few spots over from my house.

You only need to look.

Mangix
03-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Complaining about land is so last summer. If you can't find land now, you don't deserve to play. This game will not hand things to you like WoW.

This game needs new players, but not lazy, carebears like you with an entitlement attitude.

there, I ftfy

Cribstaxxx
03-04-2015, 08:33 AM
There should be land available in auroria. I'm on Ollo, which I believe is the most populated server, and there has been a lot of land just getting demo'd recently. Thus far my friend and I have claimed 2 24's and 2 16's all in the same area in Nuimari. Granted you have to pay 50% more tax and people kill you in your house, but hey free land =P

Wytchblades
03-04-2015, 08:34 AM
3/10/15 new Land grab for all

Mangix
03-04-2015, 08:34 AM
There should be land available in auroria. I'm on Ollo, which I believe is the most populated server, and there has been a lot of land just getting demo'd recently. Thus far my friend and I have claimed 2 24's and 2 16's all in the same area in Nuimari. Granted you have to pay 50% more tax and people kill you in your house, but hey free land =P

the bigger issue with auroria is the whole no work bench to make your packs for your building thing, and the people who have benches there tend to not even log on half the time so you can ask to use them

Orio
03-04-2015, 08:35 AM
"Servers are dead" topics right next to "There is no land" topics.

a) Servers are dead...
No, with 700 people in jury queue in the evening, 50 people on both CR and GR and 100 people just on our side in Halcyona.

b) There is no land.
Places for farms are mostly taken, but I still see a lot of free space in large house areas... Right next to me in Silent Forest. I have seen a lot of space in Ynystere...

c) Everyting is allright, and people are just trolling
I found much less trolls here, but I bet there are still some...

Pwnocchio
03-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Title says it all.

Lots of land available on Lucius. In fact, I've got a completed Thatched Farmhouse in Marcala next to a fellowship plaza that will be for sale likely for less than the cost to build it very soon, but there are still places in Auroria where you can place a 16x16 (or 44x44) on open ground.

Valfreya
03-04-2015, 08:38 AM
Title says it all.

Ollo has free land available. Just got to look for it :)

Theonn
03-04-2015, 08:41 AM
there is land... i just put down 2 16x16 yesterday and a house :D

Cribstaxxx
03-04-2015, 08:43 AM
the bigger issue with auroria is the whole no work bench to make your packs for your building thing, and the people who have benches there tend to not even log on half the time so you can ask to use them

True especially for a new player. I lucked out and there was a masonry bench right near where I claimed land. Paid the guy 10g to use it and it saved a lot of time. For all other materials I had to cart them from public benches in calmlands.

Also people have been killing me (both reds and greens) when I try to get water for my archeum trees lately =/ They don't even want the water, they just want to destroy my cart. Congrats on wasting 10m of my time and costing me ~2 gold, hope you enjoyed it...

Khaler
03-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Last night my guild dropped no fewer than 8 scarecrow farms (16x) up in Heedmar. Still open spots.

Mangix
03-04-2015, 08:52 AM
True especially for a new player. I lucked out and there was a masonry bench right near where I claimed land. Paid the guy 10g to use it and it saved a lot of time. For all other materials I had to cart them from public benches in calmlands.

Also people have been killing me (both reds and greens) when I try to get water for my archeum trees lately =/ They don't even want the water, they just want to destroy my cart. Congrats on wasting 10m of my time and costing me ~2 gold, hope you enjoyed it...

Yep, every time I gather water someone kills me lol. Just started taking shadow play... got old.

And yeah with no one to help you boat in ♥♥♥♥, and no public benches it can be a bit difficult.

Pwnocchio
03-04-2015, 09:04 AM

Well, that's why you need to build your own work benches up there. :/

I actually like the 'strategic resource' aspect it brings to the game.

maiyah
03-04-2015, 09:07 AM
For Auroria you gather all mats and plan(s), go up, build the workstations you'll need first on all those random little eights that are in every housing zone up there, then build your home or farm, and either set stations to public or whatever, or demo the workstations, depending on if paying taxes on them is a pain.

RichWhale
03-04-2015, 09:17 AM
There is land.. depends on your server. OP you should come to Tahyang, while being a higher-pop server, there is still land if you keep an eye out. I found 2 x 16x16s the other day next to each other in Windscour and saw a 3rd 16x16 open nearby. I grabbed the 2 16x16 plots next to each other for a guild mate looking for land. If you can't find anything open you can get land very cheap out there, 100g usually for a spot. There are also a ton of open spots in the pumpkin patch all the time open.. I had a nice choice of spots when I put down my 16x16 out there.

Ratigan
03-04-2015, 09:19 AM

As a long time Windscour resident, I take offense at your implication, sir. And we call it, Compton, btw.

OK so, finding land on a high-pop server. Head to a PvP zone (like the fine zone, Windscour) and find an unbuilt 16x16 - there should be plenty. Mail or /tell the owner and offer to buy it for more than what you believe it's worth - 4-500g for an unbuilt 16x16 in a PvP zone is a good offer for a high-pop server like Ollo or Kyrios, IMO. 500g + appraisal cert for a built cottage or farm. Buy said property. Make more gold and then repeat for neighboring property. With luck, you should be on your way to land baron status (like me!). Because:

http://i.imgur.com/D98GCJU.jpg

Mangix
03-04-2015, 09:24 AM
As a long time Windscour resident, I take offense at your implication, sir. And we call it, Compton, btw.

OK so, finding land on a high-pop server. Head to a PvP zone (like the fine zone, Windscour) and find an unbuilt 16x16 - there should be plenty. Mail or /tell the owner and offer to buy it for more than what you believe it's worth - 4-500g for an unbuilt 16x16 in a PvP zone is a good offer for a high-pop server like Ollo or Kyrios, IMO. 500g + appraisal cert for a built cottage or farm. Buy said property. Make more gold and then repeat for neighboring property. With luck, you should be on your way to land baron status (like me!). Because:

http://i.imgur.com/D98GCJU.jpg

Did they ever put npcs there (i cant remember which zone didnt have npcs)

Stonelotus
03-04-2015, 09:42 AM
You can find land on Calleil! I promise.

this. plenty of 8x8 and 16x16 space in peace zones. plenty of larger lots in PVP zones.

RichWhale
03-04-2015, 09:46 AM
Did they ever put npcs there (i cant remember which zone didnt have npcs)

There are NPCs in Windscour, I actually think it's the best spot for land due to the large amount of money you can get for making larders down there and turning them in up in Yny.

The only place you'll have an issue finding NPCs or Workstations is Auroria.

Mangix
03-04-2015, 09:50 AM
There are NPCs in Windscour, I actually think it's the best spot for land due to the large amount of money you can get for making larders down there and turning them in up in Yny.

The only place you'll have an issue finding NPCs or Workstations is Auroria.

Ah okay, I remember before launch a zone (that zone?) had zero npcs for housing lol

Caledric
03-04-2015, 10:26 AM
This message was posted 5 months too late - we aren't in that phase anymore.
On my server there is plenty of land to be had with properties taking over a week to sell on Faction chat.

JUST TONIGHT I looked over at one of my neighbors properties and guess what - empty 24x24, snagged it.
Then I walked around and snooped on expiry dates, there are 11 properties going down in my area.

You either need to look harder or go ahead and buy one from those Faction folks.
I honestly don't know what you mean about having to get APEX to buy one from them...you are a patron right?

EDIT: Kyrios - in that case, be grateful you have a full server...or transfer to a leaner one.

There is plenty of land to be had on Kyrios... I know where there is a 24x24 spot in Lilyut. No one seems to want it, not even me.

Grizabella
03-04-2015, 10:40 AM

This is true, but when it was more crowded I boded my time and worked to grab 3 adjoining plots south of City of Towers. If you are patient and ask around I would bet that you can find land on any server. Many players get into farming/crafting and over extend their tax bill. Then it is demo city or you negotiate to help solve their problem. I was able to grab an 8 x 8 and a 16 x 16 by just looking every day. Then by talking to my neighbors I was able to get a 16 x 16 that my one neighbor was going to demo but did not want to go to bots. Then he and I reached out to the second property over which was sitting unbuilt for weeks and I was able to get enough land for the Thatched. So I end up with a small house, a 16 x 16 and a thatched all adjoining.

guelle2410
03-04-2015, 11:45 AM

Exactly where? Is a pain on the ♥♥♥ to find non contested ones in peace zones...

Sticky Meat
03-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Title says it all.

I demolished my two farmhouses and ten 16x16 farms in north Windscour on Ollo a few days ago when I cancelled my sub. There were several 16x16 spots popping up all around there as well. There is land in PvP zones.

Grizabella
03-06-2015, 08:03 AM
South of City of Towers. Falcorth. Pumpkin Patch. All have open land.

Maraboo
03-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Your best bets are:
1. Check pumpkin patches. only players with no other farm can own land there. So established players move out when the expand.
2. Check for demos. when people stop paying taxes, their land goes up for demolition. If you click F on them and the text is red, they are up for demo. Show up at demo time and hope youre faster than your neighbor.
3. wait until Diamond Shores release on 10th. This zone will open up more farm land. People will relocate or shift things aroung to accomodate.
4. Join a guild. Guildies will often offer land to their team mates before releasing to the vultures when they move.

TranceFox
03-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Title says it all.

Lots of free land on Inoch.

Wytchblades
03-06-2015, 09:11 AM
3/10/15 new Land grab for all
Getting closer. Now if the servers are up and stable....

SkullMonkey
03-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Title says it all.

Come To Ezi Server. Lots of Land. We can help you get started and tell you where the best land is if you want to switch over. In fact I have a 16x16 on Oxian clan lake right near the specialty bench that I can sell you fairly cheap.... literally right on the water.. Great spot for a 16x16 house or excellent staging spot for packs whether storing packs to take to rookbourne or storing packs from yny or other places and waiting until the price is up to 130% before you cash them in.

If you join our guild we can help you Level by giving you vocation tonics and a ton of stuff to process. It's a small guild Atm but we can help you get up and running quickly. After you get to level 45 or so we'll take you through hasla to get your quest armor then hook you up with a tier one obsidian weapon once the patch comes out in a few days. Also help you get your first 16x16 farm and clipper.

If you end up selling all your stuff on Kyrios and buying apex you can cash that apex in for credits and sell land expansion certs or worker pots on Ezi server. That will give you a starting bankroll to begin with and with that you can buy that 16x16 plot that I have in falcorth. If you can get to level 15 and get all of your farm quests done up to the point of taking a trip overseas by Saturday we could get you setup with 2 16x16s down and ready to plant by the end of the day.

Hows that sound? PM me if interested.

SkullMonkey
03-06-2015, 09:20 AM
Exactly where? Is a pain on the ♥♥♥ to find non contested ones in peace zones...

you just have to keep an eye out. Demos are going up every day. A guildie grabbed a 16x16 in southern falcorth the other day. Currently there are 2 or 3 24x24 spots open in the medium housing zone in southern falc. Land occasionally opens up in cloudgrain.

Ros
03-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Calleil still has some land. But it's not rampant I don't think. It seems Calleil might be the most populated of the less populated servers.

Mysticdreamer
03-06-2015, 10:03 AM
This is just not true...yes on some servers it is hard to find a 16x16...but it can be done. On Aier there is land to be had as long as you take the time to look for it in all zones not just the ones you wish to be in. Just this morning I was questing in Halo Hollows in Solis and came across a 16x16 spot right on the cliff over looking the sea. If I didn't already have land I would have snapped it up. Maybe you just need to look harder or change servers.

Voluntaris
03-06-2015, 10:05 AM
If by "literally no land" you mean "an abundance of land within PvP housing areas", then I agree.

bacchusthedrunk
03-06-2015, 10:05 AM
I got all my land when there were still 30+ people showing up to demos. I went to a demo site last week to drop down a farm I had in my inventory, and you know how many people showed up? One. There was one other person.

If you can't beat out one other person for a demo'ing property, that's on you. Not Trion.

RichWhale
03-06-2015, 10:33 AM
I got all my land when there were still 30+ people showing up to demos. I went to a demo site last week to drop down a farm I had in my inventory, and you know how many people showed up? One. There was one other person.

If you can't beat out one other person for a demo'ing property, that's on you. Not Trion.

Depends on if that one other person is a hacker or not :P I know there are still folks on our server that seemingly use the "Confirmation window bypass" cheat because it cannot be detected by Trion. It depends on how "hot" that particular piece of land is, most of the time hackers don't bother with maps like Windscour or other "less desirable" areas.

Cracker
03-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Went to a Solzreed Breezy Bungalow demo on Tahyang last night and guess how many people showed up.....0 which is shocking since I have seen numerous posts and faction shouts ♥♥♥♥♥ing about no open spots in that specific area.

SteveT
03-06-2015, 10:49 AM
I just placed an 8x8 on one of the most populated servers 9 hours ago.

Start by placing some 8x8 properties and expand your land ownership over time by working for it.

Siobhan
03-06-2015, 11:31 AM

@Planeshiftr

I am on Kyrios. This morning, I wandered around Auroria and found no less than 6 (yes, six) 16x16 lots that were empty. I don't mean that they're going to demo, I mean actual empty plots.

You're just not looking in the right areas, or you're wanting something that isn't PvP. If the latter is the case, then keep looking. There are lots of folks selling, and quite a few demos to try for.

NOBODY is going to hand you a plot of land simply because you downloaded the client. Once you get that through your entitlement complex, you'll find what you're looking for.

Ilyanna
03-06-2015, 11:38 AM
LOL No land available. I'm LITERALLY dying from this concept compared to the first 5 months of the game.
I just had a guildmate take 4 DAYS to sell a PRIME spot in Halo Hollow RIGHT in front of the specialty bench, just down from the fellowship.... for a HUNDRED gold. 1 0 0 that spot probably would have sold to 2k 2 months ago.

I was strolling through Yny the other day headed to make a pack of oranges... and donkeyed past a thatched that was demoing right in front of me with NO ONE around. Right next to the road, about 150m from the specialty bench. I was glad I happened to have a finished gazebo plan on me.

A bunch of my guild lives together in the small housing area above the Paddies in Villanelle... and there are plots just disappearing every day around us. It's really really sad to realize how badly the game population has nosedived since the beginning of the year.

And this is on Naima, one of the more populated servers still left and was a headstart sever.

Calim
03-06-2015, 11:57 AM
I don't have the capability to buy from these stingy landlords either because it would require me to drop money on APEX [or...].

I wanna know what the OR is, If I don't have to buy APEX and be Patron to own land please do tell!

PS, you are welcome to farm on my land for a nominal fee.

Bandito
03-06-2015, 11:59 AM
what bridge did the OP come from?

My server as well has lots of land to be had.... with that said.. OP and seems like a few others would like someone to lead them by the hand to each spot. Maybe even pay their taxes for them, let alone level them and take them to lunch.

AA isn't for the lazy or self entitled types.. those types just should either play wow.

Eve Tater
06-04-2015, 05:07 AM
I know it's been 3 months since the last post here but I think that might be why I'm having issues anyway. On Inoch I have looked around in HS, GF, TC, etc (Including every western pvp zone) and there is NO land, not even any for sale. There is no problem getting land in Auroria, of which I have some already, however in order to do aged runs I need to have land on the continent (preferably GF obviously). Anyone see anything I'm missing or have any tips? (Spent 3 1/2 hours looking at every single spot).

Pwnocchio
06-04-2015, 05:33 AM
You mean no land in PvE zones. Stop carebearing and find land in PvP zones, there's always an open spot.

I'm not sure about the other low population servers, but I just ran around Auroria last night on Lucius to get a feel for land availabilty in the PvP zones.

There *is* land available, but not nearly so much as there was prior to 1.7a. A month and a half ago you could have dropped 3 mansions side-by-side in Nuimari on Lucius. Now all that void space is taken up by people farming Radiant Tree's.

Auroria is finally a fun place to be... and *now* they want to merge Lucius with other servers? It feels like the server has finally been growing :/

Anyway, for the OP, I'd tell you to re-roll on a lower population server like Lucius, but they are now planning to merge the lower population servers together which isn't going to help your land need problem.

arathon4real
06-04-2015, 05:06 PM
there multiple propertiys going to demo soon in solzreed on inoch

Lordwolfie
06-05-2015, 04:28 AM
I am on ollo west. Been playing the game for over 2 weeks have to say I enjoy it a lot. Patroned up and all that good stuff. I have to say the monopoly on land is almost disgustingly bad. To get a safe zone 16x16 I am looking at having to spend up to 800g. I love how people just come into the thread saying "Well land is not that expensive!" On some servers maybe it is a bit cheaper but on mine its not.

I understand the value of land and why they go for a lot of money. However as a new player this leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth to see it so monopolized that no matter where I go I end up paying about the same for land. Or get lucky at a demo..I have been 2 two so far and people were spamming trade with me to keep me from doing anything. I blocked it in settings now.

I can't suggest a solution either. I understand why people have so much land but at the same time as a new player who just joined with 8 friends its depressing for us. Some of us patroned some have not. We just wanted a 16x16 zone for our guild to start a little farm and have a nice place to hang out. I guess the worst part is seeing some people with 3-4 accounts who own 10-20 16x16s or more and use almost none of it and just flip it for money. I can't count how many empty plots I go by that are only bought to make some gold with.

And before any one says "Well do you think you should just get land for free?" Some one did when they got to it first besides paying materials and taxes. I am not saying for free but some more space would be nice. I feel like it makes this games growth slower or even hurts it when people see "Omg you can have housing?!?!" only to come on get patron and realize it does not guarantee a home. Which it never states but gives the impression that its easy. The housing on a populated server just seems awful. And for people who play the game just for housing and farming it would most likely crush there dreams pretty quick.

Can me and my friends save up to 800g to get a plot? Of course we can and most likely we will. I am just venting some sadness I suppose we were very excited when we finally were able to make a 16x16 only to find out the market is being held captive by a small amount of people and alt accounts. But that is the nature of this game in it self. I am sure the had to realize people would monopolize land in one form or another.

Traciatim
06-05-2015, 08:44 AM
I am on ollo west. Been playing the game for over 2 weeks have to say I enjoy it a lot. Patroned up and all that good stuff. I have to say the monopoly on land is almost disgustingly bad. To get a safe zone 16x16 I am looking at having to spend up to 800g. I love how people just come into the thread saying "Well land is not that expensive!" On some servers maybe it is a bit cheaper but on mine its not.

I understand the value of land and why they go for a lot of money. However as a new player this leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth to see it so monopolized that no matter where I go I end up paying about the same for land. Or get lucky at a demo..I have been 2 two so far and people were spamming trade with me to keep me from doing anything. I blocked it in settings now.

I can't suggest a solution either. I understand why people have so much land but at the same time as a new player who just joined with 8 friends its depressing for us. Some of us patroned some have not. We just wanted a 16x16 zone for our guild to start a little farm and have a nice place to hang out. I guess the worst part is seeing some people with 3-4 accounts who own 10-20 16x16s or more and use almost none of it and just flip it for money. I can't count how many empty plots I go by that are only bought to make some gold with.

And before any one says "Well do you think you should just get land for free?" Some one did when they got to it first besides paying materials and taxes. I am not saying for free but some more space would be nice. I feel like it makes this games growth slower or even hurts it when people see "Omg you can have housing?!?!" only to come on get patron and realize it does not guarantee a home. Which it never states but gives the impression that its easy. The housing on a populated server just seems awful. And for people who play the game just for housing and farming it would most likely crush there dreams pretty quick.

Can me and my friends save up to 800g to get a plot? Of course we can and most likely we will. I am just venting some sadness I suppose we were very excited when we finally were able to make a 16x16 only to find out the market is being held captive by a small amount of people and alt accounts. But that is the nature of this game in it self. I am sure the had to realize people would monopolize land in one form or another.

1) Try the PVP zones. It's not all that bad.

2) Try the temp zones like the 1 week 8x8 and farmhouse/farm only areas. Usually these have spots.

3) You don't need land to make absurd amounts of money.

Zehro
06-05-2015, 09:39 AM

1) Land in PvE zones cost more. People pay extra just for the simple fact they can't be attacked.
2) 800g is not much gold. Since you said you had patron you should know that Loyalty tokens rack in nearly 600g a month. 5k labor worth of coinpurses rack in nearly 300-400g depending on RNG.
3) If you think land will make you rich you are going to be very disappointed. When the game first came out the land situation was far worse and people thought land = wealth until they actually got land and realized its not that great. You need to be a land baron to make a lot of gold and even then you dump in tons of gold into alt accounts and tax certs to make it possible. If you did the cost vs benefit you would realize the profit margin is minimal.

PS: If you look through PvP zones I guarantee it that you will find a 16x16 spot open. Might not be prime location but hey its something.

MAGNVS
06-05-2015, 11:26 AM
The only way to possibly get land is dealing with scamming land barons who will purple on you while you close the deal to get your money and keep the land. Another issue is land not being used. Half of all scarecrow plots in Tahyang are empty all of the time. Some plots are only used as warehousing for trade packs. This throws the economy off because the land is meant to be farmed land not warehouses. Require some new building to warehouse trade packs. Open the scarecrow plots for farming only. Set a limit on how much land one IP address can have so alts can't be used for ownership.

Lordwolfie
06-05-2015, 02:23 PM
All the points addressed to me are valid points but don't take away from my points either. And I do know I can make gold and ill easily have enough next month to afford it with patron. I made a farm cart and a ship in two weeks and I am sitting on 300g. It would just be cool to have more land options. Maybe some in the sky or below/above the ocean or just more on the ground etc.

Also for the comment about making money with land I never implied that. Me and my guild simply want to grow some plants or maybe mounts and have a nice hang out. Its not about the money it can earn me.

Us not being able to get one instantly is not a huge issue its just a set back. But I still find the monopoly of land really quite crazy. It has deterred a handful of my friends patroning up because there is no point to since there is no land to claim in area's they would like to be in. These are people that happily blow hundreds of dollars some times thousands away on games that have housing and just fun things like that. They want to have a home and build it up and just enjoy that aspect of the game.

Which can literally be unreachable in certain area's do to the monopoly on land and people who may not wish to sell. However I understand why they would not want to sell it takes time effort and gold to get those spots and I can understand not wanting to sell it. I don't blame them I just wish there were more options is all I am saying.

You guys can say what you want but that's my honest opinion on the housing situation. I understand why people want to keep what they earned but I can also understand why newer players would like a chance at land to instead of "Just go to pvp zone bro there is plunty of land there!" jee I wonder why?

I am not saying it should be super easy for people to just instantly get housing either just wish there was more options. Right now I have gone to some zone area's that have 5 accounts that own all the land there and chances are they will never sell. Befriended another that runs 6 accounts and controls an entire area and he has said he would never sell because he does not like "Neighbors". 60% of the plots he has are empty or have trees which I understand is for thunderstruck logs and everything etc. And the demo thing is honestly just RNG. I have heard all the tricks. Scout for demo's in stealth so no one see's etc. Tried a 3rd one today over 30+ people sitting on one plot spamming and running around trade spamming me again till I turned trade option off. Every time I have been to one there are many people waiting.

Aresprime
06-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Impressions matter with new players. Seeing swaths of scarecrow farms occupying land and being completely empty does not a good impression make. It shouldn't be easy no doubt, but it seems that most of the current situation is due to hacks and complete land hoarding. In my opinion every player should be able to get a house and a small farm. Anything extra should take a lot more investment by the player. This is a good game, but the land situation is just horrible and not well thought out. Of course this is just all one opinion.

Traciatim
06-05-2015, 09:26 PM
All the points addressed to me are valid points but don't take away from my points either. And I do know I can make gold and ill easily have enough next month to afford it with patron. I made a farm cart and a ship in two weeks and I am sitting on 300g. It would just be cool to have more land options. Maybe some in the sky or below/above the ocean or just more on the ground etc.

Also for the comment about making money with land I never implied that. Me and my guild simply want to grow some plants or maybe mounts and have a nice hang out. Its not about the money it can earn me.

Us not being able to get one instantly is not a huge issue its just a set back. But I still find the monopoly of land really quite crazy. It has deterred a handful of my friends patroning up because there is no point to since there is no land to claim in area's they would like to be in. These are people that happily blow hundreds of dollars some times thousands away on games that have housing and just fun things like that. They want to have a home and build it up and just enjoy that aspect of the game.

Which can literally be unreachable in certain area's do to the monopoly on land and people who may not wish to sell. However I understand why they would not want to sell it takes time effort and gold to get those spots and I can understand not wanting to sell it. I don't blame them I just wish there were more options is all I am saying.

You guys can say what you want but that's my honest opinion on the housing situation. I understand why people want to keep what they earned but I can also understand why newer players would like a chance at land to instead of "Just go to pvp zone bro there is plunty of land there!" jee I wonder why?

I am not saying it should be super easy for people to just instantly get housing either just wish there was more options. Right now I have gone to some zone area's that have 5 accounts that own all the land there and chances are they will never sell. Befriended another that runs 6 accounts and controls an entire area and he has said he would never sell because he does not like "Neighbors". 60% of the plots he has are empty or have trees which I understand is for thunderstruck logs and everything etc. And the demo thing is honestly just RNG. I have heard all the tricks. Scout for demo's in stealth so no one see's etc. Tried a 3rd one today over 30+ people sitting on one plot spamming and running around trade spamming me again till I turned trade option off. Every time I have been to one there are many people waiting.

I'd guess you all flocked to the most populated servers too... when you could have joined other severs is their clusters and had all the land you wanted.

Aresprime
06-05-2015, 10:44 PM
I'd guess you all flocked to the most populated servers too... when you could have joined other severs is their clusters and had all the land you wanted.

Well there is that server merge thing happening Q4.

Olecranon
06-06-2015, 12:18 AM
it takes about 2 weeks of dedicated crafting to earn around 1500 gold. this enough for any 24x24. i cant believe people are still complaining about this. there is a housing market in archeage. why do people always think it should be free and easy? learn how to play and then get houses....i buy and sell them now easy...i buy lots all the time and triple my money by building houses on them...just learn the game, get to know the sellers and make your dreams come true...

seriously, its much easier than you realize...just treat it like a big quest.

Lordwolfie
06-06-2015, 04:55 AM

Why should any one have to join an empty server to enjoy a feature of the game? Come on now that's just a crazy suggestion.

Lordwolfie
06-06-2015, 05:16 AM
it takes about 2 weeks of dedicated crafting to earn around 1500 gold. this enough for any 24x24. i cant believe people are still complaining about this. there is a housing market in archeage. why do people always think it should be free and easy? learn how to play and then get houses....i buy and sell them now easy...i buy lots all the time and triple my money by building houses on them...just learn the game, get to know the sellers and make your dreams come true...

seriously, its much easier than you realize...just treat it like a big quest.

So when that land first came out and people just raced to snatch it up was it not easy for them? For the rest of us late to the race we now have to deal with land hoarders. The real problem though is some don't even want to sell. There is a guy in the maria location that owns almost a whole section and will never sell as long as he plays. I think the housing market system is cool because I understand what it takes to get it. However it makes an absolutely terrible impression to new people coming into the game. I joined the game with 8 friends 2 weeks ago only 3 of us patroned. We all spend a lot of money on games but the other 5 see no point. There whole enjoyment of games is housing and farming. Call them carebears or what ever it may be. They just like to have a place of there own and get to play with friends. With such a huge monopoly on housing they don't even bother to try to go for land.

I come from the land of eve online. I was a jump freighter pilot for many years working for goons N.C. Rooksnkings etc. I play the markets I love to make money and chill out and enjoy the game. I like to haul stuff. There market is just as rough in some ways as well. I don't mind taking the time to earn things and going the hard route because its fun to me no matter how crazy it may seem. So earning a home here is fine for me. People are just missing my point that other options would be good. For starting out players interested in housing this game has a big hill for them to climb now do to players owning massive amounts of land. Even if you work hard and save up enough gold there is no guarantee you will get the spot you've been wanting either. Like I said before some places are almost fully bought out by people that will never sell. Id love to see more housing/land options. More stuff on the water or even below. Maybe some kind of sky house that uses balloons to hold it up. This is just me throwing out idea's because a lot of people who have been here a long time and have the land seem to think its not a problem. But coming from a new player it for sure make them less likely to keep playing once they hear the process. I love this game and enjoy it a lot and I am willing to work extra hard for what I want so its not as much an issue for me. But any one who thinks the land system does not hurt new players just joining is silly. Let me just clarify what I mean by hurt. I mean it in the sense that it just discourages them to patron up or invest in the game. They see a beautiful spot of land that's empty just a scarecrow for weeks. Why? Cause its owned by a person that wants absolutely 0 neighbors so he has a large section of a whole housing area. He does not even use it he just pays taxes on it. Which is his choice but it does not leave a great impression on new players.

I can't even give a real suggestion on how to fix it. I understand why land owners are so adamant about there land and why they want to keep it or charge high price for it. Its not easy to get a bunch of plots next to each other. But I also understand how it can suck for new players coming into the game.

Right now I earn about 400g a week or so doing my little trade cart stuff. Do you have tips on how to make the 1500 in crafting every 2 weeks? Not even being sarcastic I am still new so id love to know always happy to learn new things in this game. I am by no means quitting the game and I do love it very much so. I just wanted to share my thoughts on the housing system. So if you'd be willing to share those methods id greatly appreciate it. Right now I mostly only know to run trade packs.

Traciatim
06-06-2015, 05:32 AM
Why should any one have to join an empty server to enjoy a feature of the game? Come on now that's just a crazy suggestion.

The other servers are no where near close to empty. They just aren't so packed that you can't find land. On my server the only land available is on the non-temperate PVP zones, but there is still plenty for people who really want it. If more people would spread out like that the game would be far better, but most are too short sited and selfish to actually plan for more than 3 seconds and figure out that their gaming would be way better on a server that shares the auction house with the packed troll servers but has room for them to actually play.

Traciatim
06-06-2015, 05:33 AM
So when that land first came out and people just raced to snatch it up was it not easy for them?

No, it was not. Every single person that has it worked damn hard for it. Through the initial land rush or through persistence and patience.

Lordwolfie
06-06-2015, 05:45 AM
The other servers are no where near close to empty. They just aren't so packed that you can't find land. On my server the only land available is on the non-temperate PVP zones, but there is still plenty for people who really want it. If more people would spread out like that the game would be far better, but most are too short sited and selfish to actually plan for more than 3 seconds and figure out that their gaming would be way better on a server that shares the auction house with the packed troll servers but has room for them to actually play.

With the talks of server "Evolution"(merger) it has greatly discouraged me from joining any servers on the list they mentioned.

Lordwolfie
06-06-2015, 05:47 AM
No, it was not. Every single person that has it worked damn hard for it. Through the initial land rush or through persistence and patience.

So when land first opened please explain to me what had to be done to obtain it? Did you have to pay 500-1000g to obtain it if no one owned it? It was unowned at some point id assume? I just want to hear how people got land when it first opened up if no one owned it. If you had a 16x16 and there was an empty space could you not just place it down pay the taxes and use the resources needed to finish the build?

DjinniGenie
06-06-2015, 08:06 AM
My first land was an 8x8 in Gweonid. The only reason that I got it was because someone in my guild had managed to get a 16 somewhere and picked up his 8x8 to let me put mine down. I waited and waited and waited in hopes one of my neighbors would leave and I could get a bigger spot, but they didn't. At last, I acquired a 16x16 farm spot in Two Crowns by paying for it. I used that spot to farm things for packs in order to make more gold.

In the course of my time on AA, I have spent lots of gold and LOTS of APEX for land on Calleil - basically paying RL money for virtual land.

Do I regret it now? Hooboy, you bet I do. My dream house was built on Christmas Day in game and it won't even exist for a RL year before Trion destroys it with its 'evolution'.

Traciatim
06-06-2015, 11:46 AM
So when land first opened please explain to me what had to be done to obtain it? Did you have to pay 500-1000g to obtain it if no one owned it? It was unowned at some point id assume? I just want to hear how people got land when it first opened up if no one owned it. If you had a 16x16 and there was an empty space could you not just place it down pay the taxes and use the resources needed to finish the build?

No one had 16x16's until they raced people through 1000 deep queues and they had to be coordinated in teams of guilds or else they didn't get anything. It's not all roses like it is now where you can just roll on Inoch or Enla and have all the land you want. You are the reason mergers are happening, because you roll on full severs and then whine about population while the other servers now have to suffer.

Olecranon
06-06-2015, 12:39 PM
300 logs=100 lumber=200 paper= 4x art of language books= 8-15 gold per book. the needed stations for this are in marianople or Austera.

buy worker pots, buy XP and Vocation pots, dwarven exp pots and additional mats.

repeat until you used up 9000 LP. this is not easy...but if you are actually trying all you have to do is set your guys to auto craft a huge load of 3000 logs (90 gold on the outside, if you dont feel like using LP and time to scour the server for trees)

once you get like 300 gold, start buying cheap apex and obsid weapons, and trade them up to make extra 25 or so gold per sale. it costs no LP to flip up. once you get to this teir of wealth...a large flow of gold is just about patience and dedication.

^^^this will also level you from 15 to 50 in less than a week. dont waste time on silly quests. questing is a huge waste of time. get to 50 and farm jester purses and start doing library runs daily.

Lordwolfie
06-06-2015, 12:55 PM
No one had 16x16's until they raced people through 1000 deep queues and they had to be coordinated in teams of guilds or else they didn't get anything. It's not all roses like it is now where you can just roll on Inoch or Enla and have all the land you want. You are the reason mergers are happening, because you roll on full severs and then whine about population while the other servers now have to suffer.

You really are silly if you think new people are the reason server mergers are happening. How would a server merging help player housing? It would only make it worse for everyone involved. So really I can't tell if your comment is a joke or you are just a bit far out there. New players in this game is a good thing.

Lordwolfie
06-06-2015, 12:57 PM
300 logs=100 lumber=200 paper= 4x art of language books= 8-15 gold per book. the needed stations for this are in marianople or Austera.

buy worker pots, buy XP and Vocation pots, dwarven exp pots and additional mats.

repeat until you used up 9000 LP. this is not easy...but if you are actually trying all you have to do is set your guys to auto craft a huge load of 3000 logs (90 gold on the outside, if you dont feel like using LP and time to scour the server for trees)

once you get like 300 gold, start buying cheap apex and obsid weapons, and trade them up to make extra 25 or so gold per sale. it costs no LP to flip up. once you get to this teir of wealth...a large flow of gold is just about patience and dedication.

^^^this will also level you from 15 to 50 in less than a week. dont waste time on silly quests. questing is a huge waste of time. get to 50 and farm jester purses and start doing library runs daily.

Thank you this is actually a great tip and I do appreciate the help will have to give it a try :D

Aresprime
06-07-2015, 09:35 AM

This is a good tip. I just have to figure out how to get 300 logs in the wild :o .

Hanthos
06-07-2015, 09:39 AM
This is a good tip. I just have to figure out how to get 300 logs in the wild :o .

If you're Nuian side, White Arden is a good place to farm Aspen. If no one has come ahead of you, you can farm 300-400 logs in an hour or so. Just make sure you have the LP before you start.

Traciatim
06-08-2015, 05:12 AM
You really are silly if you think new people are the reason server mergers are happening. How would a server merging help player housing? It would only make it worse for everyone involved. So really I can't tell if your comment is a joke or you are just a bit far out there. New players in this game is a good thing.

If the new people roll on populated servers and then quit because they can't find land while they could have rolled on any number of the other servers that are perfectly fine populations and had all they needed, then yes they are part of the problem. You see tons and tons of posts on the forums about people not being able to find land and also people looking to join the game and looking for populated servers.

There is land on almost every server except for about 3 of the most populated ones. don't be this guy: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?198069-My-Opinion-on-ArcheAge-Patron-*VIDEO*-no-land-no-fun and actually think before paying.

Ken2234
06-08-2015, 07:47 AM
I'm on the opposite side of this spectrum. To much land had to give some of it away. You guys need to try harder or go get some pvp land.

Focslain
06-08-2015, 09:48 AM

On the east, northern Rookbourne tend to have a large amount of cedars, especially on the trail leading into Silent forest.

arathon4real
06-08-2015, 03:49 PM

the servers on that list for example inoch are not empty or dead and if you really want land build on a temp farm area to get money then buy land just like the rest of us did

faiteaccompli
06-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Then how about you guys help new players on the how of it instead of telling them off.

Olecranon
06-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Then how about you guys help new players on the how of it instead of telling them off.

i did help by means of explaining how exactly to make money, level, thrive and dive into the economy. but for whats it worth, the people saying start small and build up are right too. here is me working my ♥♥♥ off in my first month to get enough gold for my first house.

http://s10.postimg.org/3xoy8shx5/Screen_Shot0079.jpg

faiteaccompli
06-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Ok fair enough, I was just talking to the guys who were whining at him for whining :) Your post is indeed helpful thanks a bunch! It is kind of hard to figure it out but I do not mind it being hard I just wish I knew how to get the land even if it is hard but seems you have to just buy it.

My worry now is if the servers merge after I buy it, will I lose it?

Olecranon
06-09-2015, 10:12 AM
Ok fair enough, I was just talking to the guys who were whining at him for whining :) Your post is indeed helpful thanks a bunch! It is kind of hard to figure it out but I do not mind it being hard I just wish I knew how to get the land even if it is hard but seems you have to just buy it.

yes you will.

faiteaccompli
06-09-2015, 03:56 PM
Yikes...so if I buy say a 1000gold plot today (which I can't but if I did) then when it merges I would lose this? That just seems crazy.

Olecranon
06-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Yikes...so if I buy say a 1000gold plot today (which I can't but if I did) then when it merges I would lose this? That just seems crazy.

yep. its weird. there is a major "class" (caste?) divide when it comes to money. 1000 isnt nothing to me, but i wouldnt care in the slightest at my stage in the game to lose it...for you, i would advise you to pay 1000 gold (by earning it, not apex) and buy a farm. the merges arent for about 6 months, so this more than enough time to enjoy and learn how to play. you get a farm producing stuuf regularly, and even just to sell its worth it over that time...its the name of the game really. if you avoid playing it to save money you wont have any fun...tho perhaps a galleon is a better place for you to aim for since it will come with you

Lesaidi
06-11-2015, 09:07 AM

In essence, probably. I heard on live stream that they were going to do something so that players who already own land will get a head start in claiming it again, but we all know there are far more players than land.

In response to the titular topic of this thread; I think the person was complaining more that it is advertised that once you become patron and PAY for the game, you'll get land. It doesn't say that you get a CHANCE to have land if you also then PAY more money to get apex to sell and then BUY land with in-game currency.

I am on a low pop server so finding land was easy, but I have alts on high ones and it took months before plots opened up. I was unable to make money to buy a plot without being able to farm. Vicious cycle. I can understand the frustration. However, I don't really understand the ire and venom from a lot of people towards new players. That attitude is more of an entitled attitude than voicing a legitimate complaint in not getting what is advertised. Only advice I can give to new players is just try to be patient and look for land going into foreclosure. How I got 50% of my stuff on high pop servers. Or possibly try to find a guild to join that will let you farm. Good luck.

arathon4real
06-12-2015, 04:15 PM
the reason some are hostile is they are tired of giving the same answer over and over every couple weeks to the exact same question which is why i think this post http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?190045-Land-aquisition-narrative-with-a-help-list. should get a sticky because it has the answer to the issue start small at a temp farm or an illigal farm and earn your way up just like th rest of us

Lesaidi
06-17-2015, 02:43 PM
Hmm, interesting. I wonder if those same people would scream at a kid just starting out in school because they didn't know something or where to find it. Bottom line is, its a game. We are all here to have fun and should be willing to help out. If you're not willing to help out, at least don't bite people's heads off for not knowing something or where to find it. Just keep quiet and let someone else answer :D

faiteaccompli
06-17-2015, 04:55 PM
Lesaidi, thank you that is right. If you have a good helpful attitude in general more players will stick around and the game you enjoy playing will prosper. It is self defeating to be rude to 'newbs'. Thanks for the info everyone.

I found one plot 8x8 so far on Tahyang near Windshade I think it is....and its not much lol but its fine.
I would like more.

How do I find foreclosures? Thanks guys!! :)

arathon4real
06-17-2015, 05:26 PM
@Lesaidi i wasnt trying to be rude personally allthough some jerks do and i try to help "newbs" when i can but overall after the hundredth of the same complaint with a simple answers in game being public farms temp farms or illegal farms that we figured out on our own it can get annoying

Tamilia
06-18-2015, 05:22 PM
My yesterday (Thursday) @ Kyrios East, I saw a new player lvl 17 asking for advice in the faction chat, where to find a spot for 8x8, also telling she was just lvl 17 and could not get to the areas what requests a longer trip.
Don't forget the new players play this doing quests, and that will open up further and the future portals for them on different areas, so don't try to be smart tellin a lvl 17 to head to Rock, Windscore or Perinoor or Nuian PVP zones for to seek a spot for an 8x8 farm, if a red appear they have no chance to survive on their own.
For most new players that wouldn't be an enjoyable experience but would create disgust to the game itself and the way it is, specially if it's some green going purple just to pk a low player as they can't do it on the ones who are same level (this is the most reason why high lvl players pk lows cause they are scared to pk higher, and when that happens they usually flee with their tail between their legs).
Now new and low player should not be told to go get spots on pvp areas.

Well anyhow I whisper this player, and invited her to my party and we went on the low level zone housing areas to seek, don't forget they doesn't either know where the housing and farmspot areas are, they are new they can't know all the first days they play.
Well easily we found a spot for her 8x8 farm in Archum, and I am quite sure on same area she will be able to find spot also for her 16x16 when she gets it. I promised to help when that time comes.

Then there is also in Archum the Pumpkin garden where you can only put down farms and gazebos (no houses at all) also these new Pavilions like Lunar and Sol. Kyrios has empty spaces there, and if u don't dream about to put up a house exactly where ur farm is, then you have an ideal pve zone for ur farm what is not far from the Blue Salt guys with their quests in Tigerspine, and even has a Special workbench for to do tradepacks :).

You will get a good start from gardens like this, and you can quest, do dungeons, do adventures and level, get to know the game and it's zones, and at that time you want to put up a house, you might already be ready for to even build it is pvp zone, and you know ur way around already in the map.
It is not really bad, and if you like pvp's you can have some time by time when reds pops into ur village lol :)

Well Good Luck to anyone who is new player and Welcome to the game, enjoy it, and remember Google is ur best friend, not the Faction chat Trolls. Anyhow there are exceptions even in the chat who really want to help without trolling, serious helpers usually whisper the answers to questions. :cool:

Calim
06-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Yup taking these new players and explaining just a few things will go a long way. When they are asking to look for something (like land), I explain how the map works and how they can use it to find vendors and housing locations.

If they ask about an item I tell them "Live, Love, Learn, Folio." Press 'O' :cool:

At least on my server when I see a new player I help them because I want them to stay and add to the already awesome server I play on.

Tencao
06-21-2015, 07:45 AM
Was in Hasla, right outside Veroe on the main bridge. Found a spot for a 24x24 and 2 16x16 farms. I call horsepoopy.

On Kyprosa, mind you.

Aeonwen
06-21-2015, 12:42 PM
I needed a 16x16 just now; took me literally 9 minutes to find a spot in Rookborne on Tahyang. As someone else mentioned earlier, look in PvP zones.

arathon4real
06-22-2015, 01:20 AM
check out this thread http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?190045-Land-aquisition-narrative-with-a-help-list.

Asukasan
07-05-2015, 10:50 AM
More like 6 months ago XD