PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Weaponcrafting advice

selltekk
03-04-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm at work, otherwise I'd ask a guildie in TS. After looking at the progression for weaponcrafting/armorcrafting, it seems like I just need to swipe a CC to actually get to the top tier where I can really make some good stuff for my toon. Am I incorrect in assuming this? Please let me know.

Condemned Chrispy
03-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Assuming, You can get top end gear without swiping..

But people do love to blame it all on swiping...

swaggerz
03-04-2015, 03:29 PM
@ Max metal 91550 , I have the same chance of making Delphs as someone with 50k. Its pretty fkn sad. If your going into any of the armor making or weaponcraft , level Machining and start by buying illustrious and salvaging , recrafting the ♥♥♥♥ outta things that way.

Also , Alchemy to 20k can save you tons of gold later on in mats for those crafts.

Jin
03-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Making a Delphinad Weapon/Armor will require 25k proficiency and Ayanad requires 75k proficiency in the next patch. So, if you got 90k... you need not to worry! You are ready for it! :>

I believe Epherium will be lowered to 10k proficiency. Making items through Magnificent will require no proficiency.

BlightedX
03-05-2015, 06:51 AM
Ok best way for leveling weaponsmith is to take about a week and gather all your mats. Best is by needlessly farming for coinpurses day after day. When you come to have enough crystals and essences, to make some mag or eph weapons, sell all the mats and buy one.

selltekk
03-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Ok best way for leveling weaponsmith is to take about a week and gather all your mats. Best is by needlessly farming for coinpurses day after day. When you come to have enough crystals and essences, to make some mag or eph weapons, sell all the mats and buy one.

Awesome advice. Thanks everyone for your input!

swaggerz
03-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Yah , my route isn't advisable without atleast 1 other person to make the process work.

I leveled mining to max 91550. Saving all ore , stone and gems.
Stone went to my partner in crime to level Masonry- 67k currently. JQ can attest to the stone as almost 1/3 of the stone in their castle came from us.
Then I made ingots until I was Max Metal- Décor and all.
I ended up with a ♥♥♥♥ ton of Gems and 2 chests full of iron and other ingots.

I then leveled Farming and Gathering. Currently 55k and 44k. I grew mats for Potions in Alchemy and Roses for an easy Handicraft level.
Dirty leveled Alchemy to 20k off my mats and while he crafted the roses for Handicraft. I leveled Husbandry and acquired 35000 pelts for Dirty to then level Leather.
Then I continued Husbandry and acquired 35000 wool and some cotton from farming , to eventually level Cloth.

I stopped making metal gear a month ago and have been just hoarding mats until the expansion drops. Grabbing 57k Larceny in the process.

Mind you I have used 6 snowflakes as has Dirty. We have more mats than most guilds do, #Fact

Current Craft Levels for the 2 of us. Max -Mining and Metal 70+k Husbandry , 55k Farming , 45k Gathering , 52k Leather(all leather) , 20k Alchemy , 17k Handicraft(all roses) 28k Machining , 57k Larceny. 35000 wool and 4k cotton to level cloth sooner than later.

selltekk
03-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Wow, that's awesome. Thank you for the input! Good to know what someone else had for a successful process!

Pwnocchio
03-05-2015, 11:27 AM

It's so sad that this is true.

Pwnocchio
03-05-2015, 11:52 AM
For OP, when the patch hits you are going to be given the ability to craft Illustrious and Magnificent weapons.

A Market is being created for off-brand Illustrious and Magnificent weapons, because they are used to make Obsidian Weapons (which doesn't require weapon crafting, btw).

So you might be able to buy under-priced Apprentice --> Conqueror weapons and craft them into Illustrious items and sell them to cover your expenses when the patch hits. Those will give you several hundred proficiency per flip.

I actually would not recommend weapon crafting as a profession, however. It's super hard to push it up without losing gold. There just isn't a market for those items because you can either burn many thousands of gold to get an Epherium weapon or you can just grind Hasla and get a weapon that is equivalent without ♥♥♥♥ting gold.

The obsidian weapons will create some demand, but everyone in the game will suddenly be able to make those items in demand. You don't gain an advantage over a level 1 player in weapon crafting until you hit 10k or 25k which allows you to make Epherium and Delphinad, but if you aren't super rich you won't be able to make those anyway because archeum supply is bad now and it's about to get worse.

Looking at my spread sheet, you can expect to pay the following amounts to craft the following weapons...

Upgradable Illustrious --> 400g (25% chance) to 1200g (42% chance)
Upgradable Magnificent --> 800g (6.25% chance) to 4,000g (Estimate for 3 attempts. If you have an upgradable Illustrious your chance of it proc'ing into upgradable Mag is 1 in 4.)
Upgradable Epherium --> 1,500g (0.78% chance) to 20,000g+ (Estimate for 4 attempts. Chance for correct flavor = 1/8 when opening a Sealed Epherium)

It's just ridiculous.

You can lower your costs by scouring the AH for under-priced off-brands, but on average you are going to burn several thousand to get a sealed Epherium and probably tens of thousands to get a sealed delphinad.

swaggerz
03-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Exactly why I went Metal before Weapon , if I ever actually do weapon.

I found by getting my metal to max , then, rather than crafting from base , I bought Illustrious off the AH at specific prices. Mainly under 100 gold , depending on the piece : Tassets low end-Cuirass High end.
For less than 300 gold , your guaranteed Mag. As 3 salvaged Illustrious gives you a Illustrious Quake. That changes when it comes to salvaging Mags and higher as 3 salvaged mags only make a sealed mag , rather than Mag quake.

Pwnocchio
03-05-2015, 12:18 PM
The RNG of crafting becomes an absolutely HUGE part of the game after you hit level 50, and unfortunately it's just not fun even in the easier proficiencies like Leatherworking or Metalcraftingt. For weaponcrafting... I can't even imagine.