PDA

View Full Version : Need a detailed guide on how to obtain tier 1 obsidian weps!

Cuz
03-05-2015, 05:23 AM
Hey guys as title suggests I need a detailed guide on how to obtain tier 1 obsidian weps or even how to begin the process.

Also wondering if T3 hasla weapons will be obsolete?

Thanks in advance!

Shalille
03-05-2015, 05:28 AM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2015/03/03/secrets-of-ayanad-spotlight-obsidian-weapons/

In PTS server you can just press O, and look at the recipies for each weapon type.

Shananuga
03-05-2015, 05:29 AM
you craft t1 Obsidian with 1 salvaged illustrious piece of your weapon of choice. Then You need obsidian shards i think. higher tiers need higher salvaged stuff (login to pts press O and look at the craftable weapons) All items you need to craft can be obtained in library or lvl 50+ mobs in Auroria/diamond shores ro from quests and library bosses. Its way more straightforward then normal crafting. If you want to prepare then start getting your salvaged items but i wouldn't recommend it because you can make them yourself cheaper once library comes out

Cuz
03-05-2015, 05:52 AM
I can't thank you guys enough for the replies! Will definitely be checking out PTS tomorrow :)
Also what do you mean by make them myself cheaper once library comes out? What's changing in crafting in the upcoming patch?

Lshock
03-05-2015, 05:58 AM
There is this dude that made a spreadsheet about it.
inc their needs, but yeah PTS and just check in game same thing, whatever tickles your fancy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VCDMqoVB5XoUahJ4vbBpOHjruI5UBHg_ZRpcBhRoSfI/htmlview?usp=sheets_home&sle=true

Goros
03-05-2015, 06:03 AM
They don't become cheaper. The price actually skyrockets because of the crafters giving up on making them.

dont fool yourself into thinking the higher Archeum drop rate actually matters, crafters won't be crafting as many and with low pop on the servers archeum will skyrocket once they do another mass bot banning.

Get them now. On alpha salvaged illustrious were 800-1k, mags were 1500 low end, eph were 2400.

Shananuga
03-05-2015, 06:11 AM
It gets cheaper because you don't need proficency until epherium now. There will be a rise in the beginning but because you need to craft epherium/delph for t5 and t6 there will be enough illustrious/magnificent failures salvaged. While archeum will get more expensive i don't see it becoming a lot more expensive. People will start selling stuff below there production value once the prices stabilize.

its a prediction tho not 100% accurate.
And stop comparing everything to alpha they changed stuff already and the economy evolves further from it the more weird patches we get.

Archeum moght even drop because people come back and everyone needs to farm to lvl 55 so there will be a natural stock of archeum. No one knows, we'll see

Shalille
03-05-2015, 06:12 AM
Also what do you mean by make them myself cheaper once library comes out? What's changing in crafting in the upcoming patch?

The proficiency requirements to craft the illustrious weapons have been reduced, so anyone can craft their own. Make your own illustrious weapon and salvage it.

Caledric
03-05-2015, 08:39 AM
Hey guys as title suggests I need a detailed guide on how to obtain tier 1 obsidian weps or even how to begin the process.

Also wondering if T3 hasla weapons will be obsolete?

Thanks in advance!

They won't be obsolete as they are easier to obtain, and it's not until T3 that Obsidian surpasses a T1 Hasla weapon, That being said, T4 Obsidian is slightly better than a T3 Hasla... So hold onto or keep grinding for that T3 Hasla until you have all the materials to make a T4 Obsidian

Pwnocchio
03-05-2015, 10:59 AM
... While archeum will get more expensive i don't see it becoming a lot more expensive.

Shananuga, Archeum prices are going to go up significantly. More people will need archeum, but the Library purses drop less archeum per labor than the Jester purses. They also drop more silver than jesters / labor.

So gold supply will increase and archeum supply will drop as people switch from Jesters farming activities (grinding gold, GHA, Serpentis, Hasla, etc...) to grinding for their Obsidian drops.

Archeum supply won't increase until they start giving it away in the new Divine Gift Boxes (whenever that happens) or 2 to 6 months from now when 1.7a & 1.7b come with the new archeum trees.

Shananuga
03-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Shananuga, Archeum prices are going to go up significantly. More people will need archeum, but the Library purses drop less archeum per labor than the Jester purses. They also drop more silver than jesters / labor.

So gold supply will increase and archeum supply will drop as people switch from Jesters farming activities (grinding gold, GHA, Serpentis, Hasla, etc...) to grinding for their Obsidian drops.

Archeum supply won't increase until they start giving it away in the new Divine Gift Boxes (whenever that happens) or 2 to 6 months from now when 1.7a & 1.7b come with the new archeum trees.

Nice one only quoting half of what i said ^^

if you read a bit more you would have seen that i said that with increasing farming in library of ALL players (because everyone wants to go fast to 55) Archeum supply will rise. Even if you get less per labour. We will see how far it will change but i don't think the price will rise as much as you fear it will. Even if Gold will inflate (It will pretty fast but not only because of purses. Additionally all the sunpoints that will flood the market(Obsidian regrade))

All this is of course highly speculated. We don't know for sure. Some have already bought a lot of stuff in preparation. And I'm sure a lot will be dissapointed :). As far as I've seen a lot of players aren't really smart concerning the auctionhouse. Personally I'm more interested in the changes of Apex. Most of the materials that a lot are hording now will be expensive the first 2 days and then drop because too many jumped on the train. As long as Trion doesn't take too long with 1.7, Archeage will become a lot more enjoyable and interesting(disregarding content)

Cuz
03-05-2015, 08:06 PM
I have a much deeper understanding of whats to come in the 55 patch now! I'm curious if anything will change regarding prices of armor tho? I'm sitting on a chunk of gold I don't know if I should buy epherium now to prepare for patch or wait to see what happens to the prices..

Solanthus
03-05-2015, 09:48 PM

I 100% expect to see archeum in Divine boxes next Tuesday.

Morpayne
03-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Inb4 angry hackers/dupers pour salt over more people getting geared more easily.