PDA

View Full Version : regrading of 80+ celestial bows!

Deliqo
03-05-2015, 06:56 AM
How lucky can one be and should you attempt doing the thing you might have thought of doing by now ;) https://youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5e9myJVW8

Sorry the video is Russian but it's probably good to see some Korean rng on a such big scale

Dremlock
03-05-2015, 07:02 AM
embeded
LZ5e9myJVW8

by what manner of insanity would one acquire that many bows, regrade scrolls and that much gold?

I'm still dumbfounded as to how Fui got a mythic

Aeducan76
03-05-2015, 07:04 AM
Well at least it shows us that regrade charms are worth ♥♥♥♥.

Dremlock
03-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Am I the only one that gets a lil stressed out watching this video? Maybe I take archeage too serisouly, but it's like I just watched a guy burn 1000s of dollars.

Must be weird working for a game company like this, knowing you can use your GM hax to just generate items that you could sell for tons of real money.

Tiiinker
03-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Oh yeah... I see that low chance of catastrophic failure...

Lshock
03-05-2015, 07:26 AM

I know right, it's insane :S

LlexX
03-05-2015, 07:42 AM
Am I the only one that gets a lil stressed out watching this video? Maybe I take archeage too serisouly, but it's like I just watched a guy burn 1000s of dollars.

Must be weird working for a game company like this, knowing you can use your GM hax to just generate items that you could sell for tons of real money.
He knew the risk and he went through with it.

None is forcing anyone to go above celestial, it's everyones own choice, it's up to you to decide if you wanna risk that <10% for a better item or loosing your current one.

Aeducan76
03-05-2015, 07:43 AM

None is forcing anyone to go above celestial, it's everyones own choice, it's up to you to decide if you wanna risk that <1% for a better item and >25% destruction chance

fixed that for you

zalvati0n
03-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Why even get all those ♥♥♥♥ty expensive lucky scrolls and those ♥♥♥♥ty expensive crystals if they dont help!!

BananaS
03-05-2015, 08:08 AM
so he got what? 6-8 sucsess from celestial? if the rates I know are right he should have about 15% chance with gems. so statistically he was unlucky, and I dont understand why he proceeded to destroy the bows that "only" went to divine?

also it must be a gm who gave him all these weapons, I mean that many bows at celestial is probably worth like 1 million gold if he regraded them himself. ( not counting the weapon price)

-its ♥♥♥♥ing bananas!

Dremlock
03-05-2015, 08:12 AM
Why even get all those ♥♥♥♥ty expensive lucky scrolls

need scroll for a chance at a double upgrade

Deliqo
03-05-2015, 08:17 AM
These are obsidian weapons I think and yeah it probably costed quite a bit of gold but considering RU economy and prices for everything ( gold from bots included ) one would attain those items for much less $ than with trion.
all in all still opened my eyes I won't dare to even try degrading my celestial weapon unless I decide to quit if new patch is as sad as it is looking to be now. I'll be sure to post my weapon here

USFNOOB
03-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Yeah it needs to be high chance downgrade with small upgrade and even smaller destruction... not 90% lol

Darklotus
03-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Actually it was 13% chance with "lower charm" and 17% with red charm, thoses stats are only from celestial i didn't count the try from celestial to above. What i don't understand is why every failure (87% and 83%) broke the item? why there is no simple failure (item stay at current grade) and big failure (item loose one grade) ?

mwm4415
03-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Actually it was 13% chance with "lower charm" and 17% with red charm, thoses stats are only from celestial i didn't count the try from celestial to above. What i don't understand is why every failure (87% and 83%) broke the item? why there is no simple failure (item stay at current grade) and big failure (item loose one grade) ?
I think the memory files that someone leaked are incorrect.

LovingEmbrace
03-05-2015, 09:38 AM
This video made me a little sad. I'm going to have to watch alot of kitten videos to make it up to myself.

Veeshan Midst
03-05-2015, 09:50 AM

on a side note atleast they dont downgrade :P its either break or goes up lol

Veeshan Midst
03-05-2015, 09:52 AM
so he got what? 6-8 sucsess from celestial? if the rates I know are right he should have about 15% chance with gems. so statistically he was unlucky, and I dont understand why he proceeded to destroy the bows that "only" went to divine?

also it must be a gm who gave him all these weapons, I mean that many bows at celestial is probably worth like 1 million gold if he regraded them himself. ( not counting the weapon price)

-its ♥♥♥♥ing bananas!
Because he kept the one bow that was Legendary quality there were BOP bows so he only needed to keep his best one. he also had an epic bow he tried to get to mythic but that failed aswell :P

Rha3gar
03-05-2015, 10:01 AM
The break % is more scary than the failure one. There should be a difference between having a chance of destroying the item and having it destroyed after every single fail meh.

Mangix
03-05-2015, 10:18 AM

-its ♥♥♥♥ing bananas!

Yeah it was like 200k gold alone in scrolls and ♥♥♥♥. The bows are a whole nother lot of gold...

Rostrax
03-05-2015, 11:06 AM
I think the Russian game has more lucky points. There is no way someone would do that in US considering the scrolls alone would cost over 150k, then the charms another 50k or so. US version of broken game is broken. We SHOULD be able to regrade without it be life wrecking. We should have enough archeum and lucky points to take chances and risks. Instead we have to be carebear and try to protect everything we have because it's worth more than your life.

Goko
03-05-2015, 11:12 AM
I think the Russian game has more lucky points. There is no way someone would do that in US considering the scrolls alone would cost over 150k, then the charms another 50k or so. US version of broken game is broken. We SHOULD be able to regrade without it be life wrecking. We should have enough archeum and lucky points to take chances and risks. Instead we have to be carebear and try to protect everything we have because it's worth more than your life.

ayanad legendarys for all!

XLGames does this for a reason, if the item value cap of the game is insanely high, people can potentially spend as much money as they want. That's the market strategy of this game. Another reason why they wont increase labor, or increase archeum from coin purses, or increase anything else - to keep the elusive, elusive. That's what happens when game companies have their hand in the pocket of the in-game economy.

Rostrax
03-05-2015, 11:30 AM
They are playing on the psychology of gambling addiction to rob people and me of monies. =(

This is why so many people quit. One person gets lucky with a mythic and is crazy in pvp. You can't compete. It turns the game into either spend all day playing or pay to compete.

Neko Buddha
03-05-2015, 12:07 PM
I dont trust anything from Russia...

John Small
03-05-2015, 12:16 PM

every version has more lucky points than ours does. part of this is because we are so behind in updates, and another part is because trion has decided not to give us access to them through the content we have by instead opting to hide them exclusively in 5 dollar rng boxes.

Ghoste
03-05-2015, 12:38 PM

It's more like 13% and 18.5%. I did the counts. Results are below. Celes with blue charm: 13%, Celes with red charm: 15%, Divine with charms: about 10% (he proc'd to Legendary with a blue charm, failed 9 times with a red charm).

http://i.imgur.com/jpUKN0Y.png

KanonXO
03-05-2015, 01:34 PM
embeded
LZ5e9myJVW8

by what manner of insanity would one acquire that many bows, regrade scrolls and that much gold?

Fui as in the Fui that's on our server got a mythic????

draciele
03-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Fui as in the Fui that's on our server got a mythic????

no this is from russian AA

Soroboru
03-05-2015, 03:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6basMeNj-E

Solanthus
03-05-2015, 09:52 PM

None is forcing anyone to go above celestial, it's everyones own choice, it's up to you to decide if you wanna risk that <10% for a better item or loosing your current one.

I feel like you are missing the fact he got a Legendary out of this.

I assure you that Legendary was well worth the investment here.

Solanthus
03-05-2015, 09:58 PM

-its ♥♥♥♥ing bananas!

He was aiming to craft legendary/mythic items. Particularly after he succeeded in crafting a Legendary, I doubt he cared too much about the Divines. At this level of regrading Divines aren't really worth a lot... the 10-15% chance of proccing an Epic or Mythic was in this case worth the risk.

This player was obviously not aiming for Divine bows.. otherwise why would he prepare 80 bows at Celestial grade (by using regular regrade scrolls). If his goal was Divine he would have been regrading uniques with his Resplendant scrolls. Clearly this was NOT his goal thus the Divine procs were basically not worthwhile for him to keep and sell.

Solanthus
03-05-2015, 10:00 PM

Player spent about 150-200k on these attempts. What do you think a Legendary T7/T8 Obsidian bow is worth?

Not to mention, if he had cared to, he could have kept all those Divine procs and sold them for even more profit.

Yet you ♥♥♥♥♥ and moan that regrade chances aren't high enough.. lol.

Morpayne
03-05-2015, 10:02 PM
ayanad legendarys for all!

XLGames does this for a reason, if the item value cap of the game is insanely high, people can potentially spend as much money as they want. That's the market strategy of this game. Another reason why they wont increase labor, or increase archeum from coin purses, or increase anything else - to keep the elusive, elusive. That's what happens when game companies have their hand in the pocket of the in-game economy.

Sometimes I'm not really sure if I'm for or against that. It makes the game p2w yes, but at the same time it brutalizes the whales with no Vaseline.

SkullMonkey
03-06-2015, 08:37 AM
embeded
LZ5e9myJVW8

^^^ That's easy. He used hacks or tens of thousands of dollars... but most likely he used hacks that he couldn't get caught with.

The one thing in this game that I HATE more than anything else is the RNG based crafting and regrading. I wouldn't mind it so much if your crafting proficiency gave you a significant advantage by improving your RNG chances, but it doesn't. Instead Regrading is a giant money sink geared to get players to buy gold and spend real $$ on the game to get the best gear. It's a deplorable tactic and makes me route for the hackers vs defend the game or the company that makes it.

Fact is this game could be the best MMO out there if they removed the exploitation and Pay to win ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Just make a damn good game and have a subscription fee.

Make things challenging... but not basically impossible without tens of thousands of dollars

Rubyhorse2
03-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Fact is this game could be the best MMO out there if they removed the exploitation and Pay to win ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Just make a damn good game and have a subscription fee.

this ^^

Gallus
03-06-2015, 10:11 AM
What amazes me is that people still put up with vertical progression, which always enables P2W. Why does a veteran player need a statistical advantage over people who don't have as good of gear as he or she does?

Why can't gear just be about customizing your build and not getting a numerical advantage over other players? GW2 does it right, with SPvP where everyone has "the best" gear and choosing your gear loadout is just another form of tweaking your build.

Everquest Next is doing horizontal progression as well, where gear just enhances specific builds and skills.

Horizontal progression by it's very nature gives players more to achieve, makes the entire MMO world viable to play in and explore and destroys any chance of P2W, without damaging the business model choice of the game (P2P, F2P, B2P, etc).

Until the sheep stop buying into these vertical progression stat grinders, you'll never get rid of P2W.

Vina
03-06-2015, 10:52 AM
What amazes me is that people still put up with vertical progression, which always enables P2W. Why does a veteran player need a statistical advantage over people who don't have as good of gear as he or she does?

Why can't gear just be about customizing your build and not getting a numerical advantage over other players? GW2 does it right, with SPvP where everyone has "the best" gear and choosing your gear loadout is just another form of tweaking your build.

Everquest Next is doing horizontal progression as well, where gear just enhances specific builds and skills.

Horizontal progression by it's very nature gives players more to achieve, makes the entire MMO world viable to play in and explore and destroys any chance of P2W, without damaging the business model choice of the game (P2P, F2P, B2P, etc).

Until the sheep stop buying into these vertical progression stat grinders, you'll never get rid of P2W.

Some of us want stat advantages. If i wanted to play a fair game, i would play dota.

Gallus
03-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Some of us want stat advantages. If i wanted to play a fair game, i would play dota.

If you want stat advantages, never complain about "P2W" and never complain about when the shoe is on the other foot, then good for you. But you would be in a very small minority of the player base at that point. Far more people prefer skill based pvp. It doesn't have to be perfectly balanced, but when a game makes gear 95% of the fight, in a pvp oriented game, you get.... well you get Archeage, the ghost town failure that we see today.

whiskeyditka
03-06-2015, 12:04 PM
If you want stat advantages, never complain about "P2W" and never complain about when the shoe is on the other foot, then good for you. But you would be in a very small minority of the player base at that point. Far more people prefer skill based pvp. It doesn't have to be perfectly balanced, but when a game makes gear 95% of the fight, in a pvp oriented game, you get.... well you get Archeage, the ghost town failure that we see today.

Ghost Town Failure? What server are you on? I wouldn't play any MMO where we all have the same gear... LOL and DOTA already offer that model and while I enjoy it I LOVE AA. It is the best game on the market. In my humble opinion this game ♥♥♥♥s on anything around. I haven't bought any apex and I compete. Sure there are people out there with better gear I enjoy the challenge. There is no Winner in this game unlike the MOBA's I have a lot of fun with the economy and the PVP I haven't completed a single instance in this game because PVE is lame.

P2W isn't going anywhere because it makes money. People getting angry over it are hilarious. They still live in fantasy land that subscription only games can be as successful as WOW. P2W games make money and the lifespan of an MMO isn't near what it used to be and the companies know it. Therefore they cash grab early while they can ignoramus call it greed when in reality it is the correct business decision for the current game market. Gaming companies aren't out there to create the best game ever they are trying to develop a game that will make the most profit.

The sooner the 20 year olds get a reality check in the real world the better for the gaming industry. Let the whales be whales. Let them support these gaming companies so they continue to develop amazing games like AA.

There are far to many gamers that just jump from the next over hyped pile of ♥♥♥♥ created. Black Desert looks like complete trash and will be no where near the level of AA but so many are just going to hype that game up only to Dog it on the forums a month later. They will also say how awesome Alpha was the entire time.

Vina
03-06-2015, 12:38 PM

people have always had stat advantages in every mmo. Thats what mmos are about. It has nothing to do with p2w. I played l2 for years snd had full epics and best gear without buying gold, you dont NEED to buy gold to get a stat advantage. Buying gold is there for adults who have lives and no longer have the time to grind for gear, like we did when we were 16.

Solanthus
03-06-2015, 02:16 PM

Why exactly are you on these forums?

Solanthus
03-06-2015, 02:20 PM
^^^ That's easy. He used hacks or tens of thousands of dollars... but most likely he used hacks that he couldn't get caught with.

The one thing in this game that I HATE more than anything else is the RNG based crafting and regrading. I wouldn't mind it so much if your crafting proficiency gave you a significant advantage by improving your RNG chances, but it doesn't. Instead Regrading is a giant money sink geared to get players to buy gold and spend real $$ on the game to get the best gear. It's a deplorable tactic and makes me route for the hackers vs defend the game or the company that makes it.

Make things challenging... but not basically impossible without tens of thousands of dollars

You're kind of drawing a lot of assumptions.

Maybe he is P2W, it doesnt mean he is hacking.

You do realize those are all T1 Obsidian bows.. which are actually extremely easy to make.. requires a single Illust salvaged bow a few trash materials. Getting them all to Celestial is also relatively easy atm considering the uber low cost of Sunpoints over the last 2 months and the fact that there is 0 chance of item destruction.

I feel like people don't even ♥♥♥♥ing know how the game works intrinsically, or what they are even watching in this video, yet they still want to /ragequit over their own stupidity.

Anyway. Carry on.

Darklotus
03-06-2015, 02:41 PM
You're kind of drawing a lot of assumptions.

Maybe he is P2W, it doesnt mean he is hacking.

You do realize those are all T1 Obsidian bows.. which are actually extremely easy to make.. requires a single Illust salvaged bow a few trash materials. Getting them all to Celestial is also relatively easy atm considering the uber low cost of Sunpoints over the last 2 months and the fact that there is 0 chance of item destruction.

I feel like people don't even ♥♥♥♥ing know how the game works intrinsically, or what they are even watching in this video, yet they still want to /ragequit over their own stupidity.

Anyway. Carry on.

+1 we should actually all try to do what he just did because that s the cheapiest way to get a delph+ weapon past celestial.

Mangix
03-06-2015, 03:04 PM

you should do what I'm doing and test out Skyforge, beta comes out next wednesday if you have a founders pack or a key. Theres like 6 gear slots (weapon/offhand and 4 rings), and at most gear can only make up a small margin of your power, its mainly all cosmetic. The rest comes from powers being unlocked (theres no leveling), and some other area that I can't remember at the moment. 10 classes, and you can swap between them at any time, you just have to unlock them by playing.

I still plan on playing Archeage, but having a game thats pretty opposite in terms of combat (tera-ish) and gear dependency to play on the side will be nice. (its also f2p)

Rekikyo
03-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Never mind

Necronomica
03-06-2015, 06:40 PM

-its ♥♥♥♥ing bananas!

They are obbby T1 so they are cheap as balls to make... probably buys gold too.