PDA

View Full Version : Farmer's Workstation on alt -> on main's land?

CaliPark
03-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Is it possible to put down a finished Farmer's Workstation on an alt onto a main's land?

If not, and I finish the 16x16 quest on the alt, could I place the Farmer's Workstation there with the main also being able to use it?

I have a really nice 8x8 location on my main that I don't want to give up so that's why I ask... Thanks!

Cracker
03-05-2015, 01:12 PM
1)No

2)Yes

Or you can deed the land to your alt with the workstation, place the farmers workstation on it and just leave it in the alts name.

tinukeda
03-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Is it possible to put down a finished Farmer's Workstation on an alt onto a main's land? No

If not, and I finish the 16x16 quest on the alt, could I place the Farmer's Workstation there with the main also being able to use it? Yes

You could also sell (via appraisal) your main's 16 to your alt and then be able to place the alt's FW

Ilyanna
03-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Uhh, I did not realize that any character other than the owner of the farmers workstation could use it... I've never tried using my alt's workstation on her gazebo with my main.
I will have to try it.

I though workstations were locked for use to only the owner of the station.

Zelda
03-05-2015, 02:57 PM
You can use your farmer's work stations with alts as long as those alts are in the same account and race
Be advised that if you sell your 16x16 with the worker's station on it, it will simply get mail to you.

cvay
03-05-2015, 03:14 PM
If you can afford the tax why not build a loom 8x8 and put the workstation in the corner so all your alts can use it.

Whoever sacrifices the 8x8 farm to make the farmers workstation has to be the character that creates the farm, house, crafting station ie loom for the farmers workstation to go on. But all your characters can use the farmers workstation.

CaliPark
03-05-2015, 03:17 PM
If you can afford the tax why not build a loom 8x8 and put the workstation in the corner so all your alts can use it.

Whoever sacrifices the 8x8 farm to make the farmers workstation has to be the character that creates the farm, house, crafting station ie loom for the farmers workstation to go on. But all your characters can use the farmers workstation.

How could you make the 8x8 if you just used your 8x8 scarecrow design to make the farmer's workstation?

RichWhale
03-05-2015, 03:37 PM
How could you make the 8x8 if you just used your 8x8 scarecrow design to make the farmer's workstation?

cvay was talking about one of those private workbenches (Loom, woodwork station, etc).. anyone can build those and as long as the farmer's workstation is owned by the person who owns the property it's not an issue and even alts on your own account can use it. I did this when I first started and crammed as much stuff as I could on that private workbench and made it my own little house/crafting corner.

CaliPark
03-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.