PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstruck Trees from Wood Lots possible?

talizzar
03-05-2015, 10:53 PM
I have heard lots of rumors from people that would not consider reputable sources, ie they like to troll a lot, that wood lots can be TS and you get 4 TS trees.

Is there any data, facts, screenshots of this happening.

Someone said that you can't get them from maple wood lots.

Soroboru
03-05-2015, 10:55 PM
You can't.

Zengiar
03-05-2015, 10:58 PM
I have never ever heard of a woodlot becoming a TS, let alone multiple TS.

Hodorr
03-05-2015, 11:45 PM
Not according to any database data. There's a very small chance for Natural Rubber from a Rubber Tree Woodlot (lower than that of a regular Rubber Tree), but that is the only rare drop. Just Earthmana Leaves and Logs.

Tooey
03-06-2015, 12:53 AM
Not according to any database data. There's a very small chance for Natural Rubber from a Rubber Tree Woodlot (lower than that of a regular Rubber Tree), but that is the only rare drop. Just Earthmana Leaves and Logs.

wow really.. rubber tree woodlots have a lower drop rate on natural rubber.. isnt that kinda backwards, as woodlots consist of multiple trees in a larger planting area?

woodlots should give a slightly better drop rate to account for the use of multiple trees in a large area.. guess this is just another reason why people rarely use woodlots...

Aeducan76
03-06-2015, 02:20 AM
Itīs just another Timesink. All bundles (Trees, seeds, even cages) are time convenient, but offer less return than single planted items.

You do get some special drops like the fertilizer from "grouped" resources, but that does not make up for the raw returns of single planting stuff.

So you are "forced" to plant in a very time consuming, sometimes relaxing, most of the times annoying way.

This is but one example how broken professions are. When you become an expert in a profession you should be rewarded for it.
Of course the ability of making bundles can be seen as a reward, but it is not. It is simply a way to consume vocation points, which is not wrong at all, just the reward from it fails to reflect the increasing proficiency

At 90k you should generate more income per seed, livestock and sapling. But it does not work this way.

It is rumored, that you have higher chances for special drops with higher proficiency. Rumored because Trion fails to tell us the actual % value that you have per gathering action, as well as the bonus in % per profiency level. And if that is a flat bonus like (1% Base + 2% from proficiency = 3% Chance) or a % increase of the base chance. (1% Base + 2% Prof. = 1,02 % Chance).

That what most companies (western?) do better, they provide transparency of chances and values and what i miss here.

OT.

Things like this should be made STICKY for crying out loud. Player need to know this before wasting prof. levels on lumberjacking. because imho itīs not worth anything above 10k, but enlighten me if i am wrong (yes i am aware that higher levels will grant you an lp reduction, thatīs just not worth leveling a profession).

Yamakaze
03-06-2015, 04:54 AM
(yes i am aware that higher levels will grant you an lp reduction, thatīs just not worth leveling a profession).

Chuckled, had to post. Wow, just wow.
I'm increasingly becoming convinced that the main problem of this game is its players.

MCBOB
03-06-2015, 07:28 AM
It is rumored, that you have higher chances for special drops with higher proficiency.

Not rumored at all. It is a fact. I have a toon at 90k logging, 50k logging, 40k logging, 30k logging, and 10k logging. Each rotation I plant exactly 176 pine trees in a protected farm. At 90k logging I always get between 24-26 pine hardwood drops. AT 50k I always get between 8-10 drops, and about 6-8 drops at 40k. At 30k I usually get about 5-7 drops, and only a couple at 10k logging. Even when taking the massive rng into account all these numbers always stay within a close range. For example, at 90k, I have never gotten more then 27 drops, and never gotten fewer than 23. Most of the time i get exactly 25 drops. It is surprising these numbers can be so consistent when i have planted over 10k pine trees since launch. Also, the 1% TS rate works out pretty well as I have about 100 TS trees since launch.

talizzar
03-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Has anyone done the figures for natural rubber with high prof? It seems really low period

Wolfguarde
03-09-2015, 09:08 PM
(yes i am aware that higher levels will grant you an lp reduction, thatīs just not worth leveling a profession).

Technically, this is exactly what makes you your profit as a high proficiency crafter/harvester.

Mesk
03-09-2015, 09:44 PM
How? I plant 100 corn seeds by hand and get 380 corn. Lets say that sells for 10g. cost 100 lp
At 90k prof i plant 100 corn by hand and get 380 corn. which also sells for 10g, cost 100lp

How often are you planting the 5lp stuff that it actually pays off when you only use 3-4 lp to harvest it?

Im at 90k prof husbandry. A single cow takes 21lp to feed and milk. I think at 0 it wuld take 28. So here is a saving of 7lp every 6 or so hours (but seriously, i dont log in more than once a day... so for me its a 7lp saving)
So i guess after 3 days i have could milk 1 extra cow for an extra 7-9 milk.

Of course if you level a sensible craft like armour or weapons, then you arent making money by shaving a few LP off on a craft, you're making your money by being able to craft the higher tier stuff and sell it.
I highly doubt you are making bank by churning out tier 1 crap and counting the lp savings.

Its a nice bonus, but it isnt really a reward.

John Small
03-09-2015, 10:29 PM
there's a noticeable increase in green items if you are 90k over 0. bundles stopped being worth it once the price of poop/worms fell off. labor decrease is a lot more important for things like trees with high base costs. I feel like the whole system should be revised.

Mesk
03-09-2015, 11:23 PM
The only item in game i actually feel the lp decrease are beehives. (which you harvest once every 4 days). Bundles should give more crop than singles so yeah, a revision needs to be done to make the effort put in have a clear reflection in how the game operates

Noaani
03-09-2015, 11:31 PM
How? I plant 100 corn seeds by hand and get 380 corn. Lets say that sells for 10g. cost 100 lp
At 90k prof i plant 100 corn by hand and get 380 corn. which also sells for 10g, cost 100lp

How often are you planting the 5lp stuff that it actually pays off when you only use 3-4 lp to harvest it?

Im at 90k prof husbandry. A single cow takes 21lp to feed and milk. I think at 0 it wuld take 28.
Why are you milking one cow?

With a drop from 28 down to 21 labor, that means you can milk 4 cows where a lower skill level could only milk 3 for the same labor. That's where the bonus is. They spend 84 labor and get 21 - 27 milk, you spend 84 labor and get 28 - 36 milk.

Mesk
03-10-2015, 12:20 AM
lets say they get 25 and i average 31. 6 milk more for the same labour. That means i get an extra larder every 5 days. These values really are not something to be defending. The labor decrease is too small, it is only over the long time frame that it adds up. Which, if you keep doing, you also increase your prof.

The only people to benifit from this were the organised ones at the start that raced certain profs at the exclusion of everything else. And im sure by now it has all flattened out.

I dont use workers comps so i have no reason to squeese ever point for what it is worth.

What would be better is at 0-20k prof you got 6-7 milk
20-40k 7-8
40-70 8-9
90K+ 9

Drashk
03-10-2015, 02:21 AM
At 90k Gathering and planting 200 Ginseng, I get a much much high proc rate than I do with an alt at 20k. Additionally, it would appear that non-native plants have an even higher proc rate with 90k Gathering then native plants. The second part is only from personal observation from a smaller pool of overall plantings. (About 20 times of planting 200 seeds of the same type of plant in a non-native zone, compared to countless times of doing the same in a native zone.) This has usually resulted in me gathering approximately the same amount of materials off the same number of plants--even with the lower drop rate of non-native plants--when the procs are converted. And again, this has only been from personal observation from the small sampling that I have done.

And going to mentioned it again, in regards to bundles and such....

I think the code on them is buggered up from how they should be preforming. Planting most bundles, in native and non-native regions, result in the same variable of resources dropped. The same types of bundles will also end up with the Mature status and timer that non-native single plants receive, even when planted in native settings. The growth timer appears to be preforming correctly, for majority of the bundles. Why would native bundles behave like single plants in one aspect, but not the other--unless the end result is not being applied correctly? I.E. The harvesting cycle is not having climate applied correctly to the amount of resources that they should be providing. Single plants would still have the higher yields, due to the procs, but bundles would have the quicker plant and harvest rate--still resulting in a choice between convenience and the number of materials gathered.

Aeducan76
03-10-2015, 02:38 AM
Problem is Proficiency does not reward you with anything, except less labor used and faster action times. At 90k a Gathering profession (any, not only plants) does not yield you much more (special) rewards than 50k or even 20k.

There may be a small bonus, that is hardly noticeable. I think a high profession should really have an impact, aside from pure efficiency (as in labor reduction).

But they said on the live stream that the professions are not really looked into. Guess we can be happy to have the "bonuses" we already get.

Noaani
03-10-2015, 04:53 AM
lets say they get 25 and i average 31. 6 milk more for the same labour. That means i get an extra larder every 5 days. You are still looking small scale, why is that?

You get 2880 labor a day (yes, I assume 24 hour afk labor regen). For an unskilled person that is 102 cows, or 840 - 918 milk.
For a skilled person, that is 137 cows or 959 - 1233 milk.

Assuming milk sells for 9 silver, the unskilled gets 79.6 - 82.26 gold. The skilled person gets 86.31 - 110.07 gold. That is 27.81g more potential income a day from max skill than no skill, or almost 200g a week.

Now, 200g in a week is fairly poor by itself. But when you consider that is just the bonus from maxing a skill that you were clearly using anyway, its not at all that bad of a deal.

Aeducan76
03-10-2015, 05:55 AM
For an unskilled person t

Um... what has skill gotta do with wrapping your life around game timers?

Pwnocchio
03-10-2015, 09:06 AM
The convenience of bundles is what makes them worth their weight. You can't use them for the higher tiered seeds, but many of the lower tier are still profitable, and they allow you to do other things that spend all your time farming.

The amount you save on labor with higher proficiency is significant if you farm with bundles or the higher tiered individual seeds. I probably save 200 labor per day at 90k farming.

I guess I agree that the top tier plant market (Ginseng, Quinioa, Chili Peppers, etc...) are set by the single seed planters but in general I think the T1 bundles are fine. I'm not sure why they'd code those T3 bundles when it makes literally no sense to use them.

As for weapon/armor smithing, they are harder to level to high proficiency, there is little market for the things you make (due to Hasla, GHA, and Serpentis) and as of 6pm EST today everyone will be able to do anything with them that anyone can afford to make. It's easier making gold farming than armor/weapon crafting.

Tierlak
03-10-2015, 09:18 AM

The poster was reffering to proficiency level. ie person with maxed prof doing the same thing as someone with 0 prof.

John Small
03-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Problem is Proficiency does not reward you with anything, except less labor used and faster action times. At 90k a Gathering profession (any, not only plants) does not yield you much more (special) rewards than 50k or even 20k.

There may be a small bonus, that is hardly noticeable. I think a high profession should really have an impact, aside from pure efficiency (as in labor reduction).

But they said on the live stream that the professions are not really looked into. Guess we can be happy to have the "bonuses" we already get.
When I plant 200 pine trees on all my properties, i save 1000 labor at 90k prof versus being at 0. That's significant. I also end up with lots of green items, effectively doubling the amount of logs I get.
Efficiency is extremely important when doing large amounts of gathering or harvesting, and the green items are huge.

Noaani
03-10-2015, 09:20 PM

What do timer have to do with any of this?

I know it can be hard sometimes, but try and follow the conversation.

Aeducan76
03-12-2015, 01:10 AM
When I plant 200 pine trees on all my properties, i save 1000 labor at 90k prof versus being at 0. That's significant. I also end up with lots of green items, effectively doubling the amount of logs I get.
Efficiency is extremely important when doing large amounts of gathering or harvesting, and the green items are huge.

I never said you donīt get any benefit - but you donīt get decent "crafting" bonuses, as in notably more stone/ore from mining. Yes, it feels like you get more greens from harvesting, but considering the amount of harvesting done, that few drops is nothing for the effort you put into it.

Of course one might argue itīs no effort, you just spent a set amount labor on a profession.

Proficiency means you excel at something. But thatīs not in the game.

Zenhii
03-12-2015, 01:59 AM

He means profficiency. Unskilled = 0 profficiency.

Aeducan76
03-12-2015, 04:08 AM
He means profficiency. Unskilled = 0 profficiency.

Hm the 3rd person that reminds me that i misunderstood the post where an assumption was made that you harvest a specific resource node (cows) at to consume a set amount of labor for a bonus gold income?

My words were poorly chosen - who has 137 cows anyways, so you would have to harvest them as soon as recovered, which would be wrapping life around game time.

And i already said that there is a proficiency bonus as in lp usage reduction, just that imho the way it reflects into the game is quite broken.

So i am not reading? Hm funny.

Noaani
03-12-2015, 11:47 AM
My words were poorly chosen - who has 137 cows anyways, so you would have to harvest them as soon as recovered, which would be wrapping life around game time.
The example of 137 cows was just that; an example using raw numbers to point out that the labor reduction from skill in up can be quite valuable.

And as a further point, the entire idea behind that example was that you use a days labor regen to milk cows. As long as you always have a cow to milk and don't let your labor max out, if all you do is milk cows you will average 137 cows a day. You could do them all at once, you could do some in the morning and some in the evening, you could log in every hour and do six or seven - because the entire point being made was not about the cows, it was about the labor spent on milking them.

xenif
05-08-2015, 12:57 PM
TS woodlot http://imgur.com/a/BwNSR

Roma Fireheart
05-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Skyreach Woodlot is different than a Maple Woodlot of Aspen Woodlot..crafted ones apparently cannot be TS, while Blue Salt/Farmers Shop Woodlot (skyreach) Can get TS.

I'm still wondering why it's thunderstruck and not Lightning Struck

talizzar
05-10-2015, 09:05 AM
I have planted a bunch of Skyreach lots and no TS. RNG hell I guess. Anyone having better luck?

LoginIsBroken
05-10-2015, 03:05 PM
"like to troll a lot"...well there are lots of trollers, but on this one, it is true: Skyreach becomes TS lot, it's a fact.