PDA

View Full Version : 7 straight regrades from heroic to Unique

whiskeyditka
03-06-2015, 11:06 AM
So here I am on the AH last night poking around looking for some deals and I see a blue regrade charm for 25 gold. My entire set is heroic and have been saving up to make the jump to Unique.

So I buy the charm and regrade my chest piece and boom Success. Now I have noticed in this game when RNG is going good you ride that ♥♥♥♥. So I bought another charm at 35 gold and boom first try legs Unique.

In the end I got every piece to Unique without a single failure. Then I tried to regrade my weapon to Celestial and it failed but didn't downgrade and I called it quits.

It was an amazing feeling and the lesson here is, and I have NO idea of the validity of it, but I swear I have seen RNG work in runs way to many times to be ignored.

Ride the gravy train people and never keep going after a few failures.

PhoenixrisingLA
03-06-2015, 11:09 AM
If this really happened, Congrats!

If this is an ingenious troll post to make people rage, Congrats!

:)

mendan
03-06-2015, 11:13 AM
I had a similar streak. Did 7 upgrades from unique to celestial/divine and 3 gems slotted before any failure.

Myrgatroid
03-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Very nice! My record is 4 heroic --> unique. Indeed ride that shiizz when it is happening, I've noticed the same effect with many aspects of the game. Regrading, crafting, harvesting clubhead for shinies, grinding mobs on Auroria (you get a drop in 100 kills, be it armor, astral ranger, etc, you keep grinding for that chest). Don't know the rhyme or reason either, but when it is hitting, it is hitting.

Calim
03-06-2015, 11:59 AM
My record is something like 10+ successful regrades on my T3 bow. I went from Arcane -> Arcane ten times in a row FLAWLESSLY.

Vina
03-06-2015, 12:40 PM
My record is something like 10+ successful regrades on my T3 bow. I went from Arcane -> Arcane ten times in a row FLAWLESSLY.

I got mine and my girlfriends epherium armor sets to celestial last night. About 10 pieces in the past 2 days. Its really not that hard.

CBN
03-06-2015, 01:29 PM
I played this game once, tried to get one piece of armor from heroic to unique. Failed, then spent 12 getting back to heroic :p

RNGesus was not on my side that day. But just as unlucky streaks happen, lucky streaks happen too!

Stonin
03-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Well, for all of those people that failed 100+ times in a row there has to be the ones who succeed first time 7 times in a row...8 was too far, obviously!

That's just the thing about probability, given a large enough sample size the ridiculously improbable becomes an almost certainty.

jumbaliah
03-06-2015, 01:39 PM
So here I am on the AH last night poking around looking for some deals and I see a blue regrade charm for 25 gold. My entire set is heroic and have been saving up to make the jump to Unique.

So I buy the charm and regrade my chest piece and boom Success. Now I have noticed in this game when RNG is going good you ride that ♥♥♥♥. So I bought another charm at 35 gold and boom first try legs Unique.

In the end I got every piece to Unique without a single failure. Then I tried to regrade my weapon to Celestial and it failed but didn't downgrade and I called it quits.

It was an amazing feeling and the lesson here is, and I have NO idea of the validity of it, but I swear I have seen RNG work in runs way to many times to be ignored.

Ride the gravy train people and never keep going after a few failures.

When I was leveling Carpentry I stopped turning logs into lumber at 40k to make a staff.

I got it to illustrious ocean and immediately upgraded to mag ocean. Waited a day or two and got an epherium ocean. At this point the staff was blue so i regraded it to unique (no failures) and then went and bought a resplendent weapon regrade scroll to try my chances at divine.

Regraded the epherium ocean staff from unique - divine in ONE try. After this I had to buy some more logs to get my carpentry to 50k so I could actually upgrade it..LOL

Then i upgraded from epherium to delph and got a Divine Delphinad Meadow staff. Not the best type nor upgradeable but pretty ♥♥♥♥ing good for 100% straight shot.

It was literally the FIRST staff I made. I did calculations of what the odds are of me having 100% success on EVERY single step, regrades, upgrades, everything. Something like .0001% chance.

Calim
03-06-2015, 01:49 PM
I got mine and my girlfriends epherium armor sets to celestial last night. About 10 pieces in the past 2 days. Its really not that hard.
Yeah except that I spent ALL my gold ~2000-2500g failgrading my bow so I can no long regrade.

I played this game once, tried to get one piece of armor from heroic to unique. Failed, then spent 12 getting back to heroic :p

RNGesus was not on my side that day. But just as unlucky streaks happen, lucky streaks happen too!

Same! This is why I have to run GHA. Free regrades.

Waldo
03-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Once you ride the RNG train, there is no way back.

Calim
03-06-2015, 01:55 PM
When I was leveling Carpentry I stopped turning logs into lumber at 40k to make a staff.

I got it to illustrious ocean and immediately upgraded to mag ocean. Waited a day or two and got an epherium ocean. At this point the staff was blue so i regraded it to unique (no failures) and then went and bought a resplendent weapon regrade scroll to try my chances at divine.

Regraded the epherium ocean staff from unique - divine in ONE try. After this I had to buy some more logs to get my carpentry to 50k so I could actually upgrade it..LOL

Then i upgraded from epherium to delph and got a Divine Delphinad Meadow staff. Not the best type nor upgradeable but pretty ♥♥♥♥ing good for 100% straight shot.

It was literally the FIRST staff I made. I did calculations of what the odds are of me having 100% success on EVERY single step, regrades, upgrades, everything. Something like .0001% chance.

Yeah and that's when faction chat starts yelling hacks and I get jealous.

whiskeyditka
03-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Once you ride the RNG train, there is no way back.

Was quite a rush though I'll tell you what. ♥♥♥♥ I'm still excited to get home just to stare at the Unique buff. Put me over 20k HP not as awesome as it sounds I wear Earth. My accesseries are god awful as is my shield.

Planeshiftr
03-06-2015, 02:04 PM

That's awesome! :D:D:D:D

Spiri2al
03-06-2015, 02:15 PM
someone i know got 4 pieces from unique to celestial 1 time.

I myself spent 42 armor regrade scrolls to get my rare gauntlets to arcane once.

and then today i got 4 pieces of gear from arcane/heroic to unique using only about 6 scrolls

Cummings
03-06-2015, 02:25 PM
If this really happened, Congrats!

If this is an ingenious troll post to make people rage, Congrats!

:)

And I'm one of em. So sick of this RNG crap. I'm one of the super unlucky peeps that helps balance out these stats and I for one am done with it. Donating my crap to the guild and signing off. Apparently this game is too hard for me. QQ

Jinxed It
03-06-2015, 02:36 PM
A little table i made when my boyfriend and i started regrading our armor. He upgraded his unique armor to celestial with charms, i upgraded my heroic to unique without charms, both the same auroria blighter/melee plate items. You see the number of tries, what it went each try for which slot and the total tries per piece etc, for people who know "random"....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oUn309tT8GEmUNiYYk7kvlK5ifxSmXB1FLHr49fN-QI/edit#gid=1706014210

I had to craft scrolls at one point. After the new scrolls were crafted every missing piece went from heroic -> unique first try, always waiting a few seconds to tab out when the quality changed to write it down. ^^ At least some luck :D

/edit: Added my Faded Blooddrinkers Blossom regrades. ^^

Vina
03-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Yeah except that I spent ALL my gold ~2000-2500g failgrading my bow so I can no long regrade.

Same! This is why I have to run GHA. Free regrades.

Id say we spent about 10-12k on regrading 2 sets of epherium to celestial.

CBN
03-06-2015, 09:20 PM
A little table i made when my boyfriend and i started regrading our armor. He upgraded his unique armor to celestial with charms, i upgraded my heroic to unique without charms, both the same auroria blighter/melee plate items. You see the number of tries, what it went each try for which slot and the total tries per piece etc, for people who know "random"....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oUn309tT8GEmUNiYYk7kvlK5ifxSmXB1FLHr49fN-QI/edit#gid=1706014210

I had to craft scrolls at one point. After the new scrolls were crafted every missing piece went from heroic -> unique first try, always waiting a few seconds to tab out when the quality changed to write it down. ^^ At least some luck :D

Awesome spreadsheet!

and hoyl sheet 57 regrades LOL

USFNOOB
03-07-2015, 12:12 AM
I finally got a heroic buff... yeah... pretty awesome! And then there's Spodos and Sorcerer with Divine T.T Oh and Madara to... im sure there are a few others on my server with it....

Myrgatroid
03-07-2015, 12:38 AM

You should consider starting a thread and make a public spreadsheet asking people to submit data, know I'd contribute :) Super Jealous of FBB, very nice

Eviscirator
03-07-2015, 12:48 AM
is it worth it to try and regrade green/blue gha gear? Or is it better to just get the heroic as a drop? I cant really be bothered for like 20+ gha runs, dont have the time and its not my kind of thing.

Jinxed It
03-07-2015, 02:07 AM
You should consider starting a thread and make a public spreadsheet asking people to submit data, know I'd contribute :) Super Jealous of FBB, very nice

I added a second table on the bottom, everyone should be able to add his stuff there. :)