PDA

View Full Version : Personal Shop Stalls

TechNique
03-06-2015, 09:03 PM
I know it won't happen because it doesn't even exist on KR but wouldn't it be nice if they allowed players to put up their own shop stalls and afk like how most other MMORPGS do? I figured they didn't have it in the start was because the whole 20minute kick timer but now it's removed, I don't see why we shouldn't have it now. It'd be nice to have a break from spamming in Faction Chat (no one actually uses Trade Chat) or putting items up on the Auction House all the time :)

JerryBoyle
03-06-2015, 09:05 PM
The auction house makes this pointless, not too mention they always lag. I did like them in one game though.

TechNique
03-06-2015, 09:20 PM
The auction house makes this pointless, not too mention they always lag. I did like them in one game though.

The item in AH might expire, thus you losing money. (Not everyone is confident everything they put up there will sell) Also some games fix the taxed rate on stalls to be lower than their auctions and some games will have none if sold by stalls.

Noaani
03-06-2015, 09:25 PM
I know it won't happen because it doesn't even exist on KR but wouldn't it be nice if they allowed players to put up their own shop stalls and afk like how most other MMORPGS do?Most other MMO's?

Huangdai
03-07-2015, 01:23 AM
Only MMO I know that does this is Maplestory, lol. I really liked that system though, being able to set up your own stall and selling stuff overnight.

Silvershadow
03-07-2015, 01:28 AM
Ragnarok, Lineage 2, Silk Road, FlyFF, Monster & Me, Shin Megami, Aura Kingdom etc etc ...and so on ...

Leseno
03-07-2015, 01:30 AM
Only MMO I know that does this is Maplestory, lol. I really liked that system though, being able to set up your own stall and selling stuff overnight.

its the common practice before wow brought the auction house system to the mmorpg space. i used to see tons of people with their shops in the main city centers of games like Lineage 2, Ragnarok online, MS as you mentioned and quite many others.

sophia
03-07-2015, 02:08 AM
My first mmo had this also. It was a pain in the butt having to leave your comp on all the time with fan at high speed to sell anything, and when you needed items you would have to run around the mass of stalls looking for a bargain but it would be nice to have it here I think because the AH is so divided. I mean if I want to sell for example a Kraken tentacle, no one is going to see it because it is listed under who knows what, probably a section no one ever will think to check. hp/mp pots etc are easy to sell ofc because everyone buys those but more unique things it would be cool to have a shop for it. Maybe if you could have also a guild shop, where you can place land and put the shop there and set it to either just guild or to public also.

Shakkara
03-07-2015, 02:31 AM
In Ultima Online, the only way to reliably sell stuff is to rent a vendor NPC and put it in your house. Visiting players could then open its inventory and buy the stuff from it that you put up for sale.

Noaani
03-07-2015, 02:33 AM
its the common practice before wow brought the auction house system to the mmorpg space. i used to see tons of people with their shops in the main city centers of games like Lineage 2, Ragnarok online, MS as you mentioned and quite many others.

WoW?

The WoW AH was an adaptation of EQ's Bazaar (released in 2001, iirc). Nothing else. It is a sub-par adaptation at that, as any system with auctions is sub-par in comparison to a set price only consignment system. I dislike people accrediting anything to WoW, to be honest, as WoW came up with very few new concepts. They did some good work in terms of refining existing concepts, but that is about all.

Ragnarok, Lineage 2, Silk Road, FlyFF, Monster & Me, Shin Megami, Aura Kingdom etc etc ...and so on ...So by most, what people really mean is a pile of dead MMO's that never even amounted to much in their heyday, mixed in with a few titles that while worthwhile, have player trading as a less-than-priority focus.

To be honest, the only title there that is anything other than a reason to NOT implement something like this is Lineage 2. Everything else points to why it would be a bad idea.

Good argument right there.

Silvershadow
03-07-2015, 02:38 AM
WoW?

The WoW AH was an adaptation of EQ's Bazaar (released in 2001, iirc). Nothing else. It is a sub-par adaptation at that, as any system with auctions is sub-par in comparison to a set price only consignment system. I dislike people accrediting anything to WoW, to be honest, as WoW came up with very few new concepts. They did some good work in terms of refining existing concepts, but that is about all.

So by most, what people really mean is a pile of dead MMO's that never even amounted to much in their heyday, mixed in with a few titles that while worthwhile, have player trading as a less-than-priority focus.

To be honest, the only title there that is anything other than a reason to NOT implement something like this is Lineage 2. Everything else points to why it would be a bad idea.

And Archeage is not a dead MMO that never amounted to much in their heyday? ;)

And, umh. Lineage 2, Ragnarok and Silk Road were fantastic with that system.
Aura Kingdom was annoying.

And both Shin Megami and Monster & Me had the solution to put your Pets/Summons there while you can go level/farm/whatever.

Good system, if you ask me

Aeducan76
03-07-2015, 02:55 AM
Well UO had it all - "50 years" before you guys were born ^^

Vendors inside player owned houses. Would like it here in AA too.

Shananuga
03-07-2015, 03:05 AM
Here is and idea for you that wants to make a personal store.

build a small house. put in a counter and some chests. Make advertisement poster at the outside wall with a blank frame and crest (something like sell potions price current ah price -10% contact guy A, B or C to call sellsman to shop) put a ah npc next to it to control prices. If you get contacted or guild/family the one with permission ports to the house directly behind the counter and can sell their stuff.
If you want more attention build a big sign with wooden boxes above your house (like writing "item" be creative and use your deco limit)

Done. Sandbox ftw

Moly
03-07-2015, 03:06 AM
Nothing better than SwG Bazaar + Player Vendor/Mall
http://i.imgur.com/ntgsWgCl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/ntgsWgC.jpg)

Noaani
03-07-2015, 07:30 AM
And Archeage is not a dead MMO that never amounted to much in their heyday? ;)

Archeage is not dead.

By dead, I mean the real, actual use of the word. I am not one of thos kids that go around calling any MMO I have left dead simply because I don't want to play it - rather, I am one of the kids calling those kids out as morons for using the word dead wrong.

Point is, Archeage is still live, several of those games listed are not.

Good system, if you ask me
It wastes character models, which wastes both server and client resources.

EQ2 eventually had the best consignment system of any game I have seen - it wasn't perfect, but it is very good. That system, but with the developers giving players considerably fewer slots to list items for sale would be damn near perfect.

lisa
03-07-2015, 07:35 AM
The Archeage housing is a cluttered mess, so finding shops would not be fun. Plus we cannot mark spots to teleport to player shops.

lisa
03-07-2015, 07:43 AM
YES! Ultima Online created the best crafting and house building. Then the future RPG's , instead of evolving crafting and home buiding...did the complete opposite :( Removing the most fun elements, and only improving the graphics.

Bobitoz
03-07-2015, 07:55 AM
In final fantasy 11 you could have a bag icon next to your name. People cloud check it where ever you were. It was mostly used to sell high priced items because if you sold it from your bag there was no tax.

I already have to stay on afk for hours. Would be nice to be doing something productive with that time.

Granter
03-07-2015, 08:12 AM
In Ultima Online, the only way to reliably sell stuff is to rent a vendor NPC and put it in your house. Visiting players could then open its inventory and buy the stuff from it that you put up for sale.

Yeah that was really awesome, even more as you could dress that Vendor with dyed clothes.
I would like to have that feature in here.

Yed
03-07-2015, 08:12 AM
I remember a time when everyone was standing in Varrock West bank, shouting out whatever they are selling or buying in nice texts.. Then they had to bring the boring GE (aka auction house).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SLZatIcAkFc/U8cm6tQLx6I/AAAAAAAAFUc/RdavEO2SkFc/s1600/Runescape+market+sales.png

MagnumMack
03-07-2015, 08:53 AM
People make their houses into storerooms and shops all the time. Check out the Aranzeb Pharmacy.

Myrgatroid
03-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Well UO had it all - "50 years" before you guys were born ^^

Vendors inside player owned houses. Would like it here in AA too.

Were I independently wealthy, I would fund 'UO2' in a heartbeat. UO with AA graphics? Slight changes to combat system to compliment new graphics? IGN tagline would read 'The definitive MMO gamers have been waiting for'.

/corp por AA

Discoteka
03-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Were I independently wealthy, I would fund 'UO2' in a heartbeat. UO with AA graphics? Slight changes to combat system to compliment new graphics? IGN tagline would read 'The definitive MMO gamers have been waiting for'.

/corp por AA

Corp por indeed. I was so excited when UO said they were upgrading their graphics engine 5 or so years ago. Hated it. I love that game and I wish they would modernize the UI to make it a bit more modern.

Leseno
03-07-2015, 11:04 AM
WoW?

So by most, what people really mean is a pile of dead MMO's that never even amounted to much in their heyday, mixed in with a few titles that while worthwhile, have player trading as a less-than-priority focus.

i really wouldn't say RO and L2 are dead mmos that didnt amount anything in their heyday, they are by far the most 2 successful mmorpg to ever walk the cyber space.

Zefyres
03-07-2015, 11:04 AM
The AH is badly needed as a gold sink. Otherwise it would be a good idea.

Aeducan76
03-07-2015, 11:33 AM
The AH is badly needed as a gold sink. Otherwise it would be a good idea.

Well it depends on the cluster, but on smaller servers the AH Fee really sucks out any profit.

Nui Novas for example go for 1g 5s on ours, considering what you have to put into it and then finally the AH fee... well no profit at all.

lisa
03-07-2015, 11:39 AM

/corp por AA

For $45.00 you can get early access to Lord British's "Shroud of the Avatar" :) i might just try it after i fully read the forums!

Michael Vanity
03-07-2015, 12:22 PM

Ultima Online allows you to put up a vendor

Michael Vanity
03-07-2015, 12:24 PM
For $45.00 you can get early access to Lord British's "Shroud of the Avatar" :) i might just try it after i fully read the forums!

I would as well. It was sad to see the player base for uo leave. The graphics may suck but the gameplay alone was somthing I doubt we mmo player will experience. Ultima was the mother that gave birth to all these other mmos.

I do enjoy archeage its the next best thing to the game I played for 15 years

Noaani
03-08-2015, 01:14 AM
i really wouldn't say RO and L2 are dead mmos that didnt amount anything in their heyday, they are by far the most 2 successful mmorpg to ever walk the cyber space.

You may note, if you read my post, that I did say Lineage 2 was an exception.

As for Ragnarok, while it is popular in some parts of the world, one need only look at the graphics to understand how putting that many characters in one spot is more viable there than in a fully 3D rendered world. However, the part where I said "have player trading as a less-than-priority focus" this is the game I was talking about. While trading was obviously of some importance, it is of significantly less importance than it is in Archeage.

Fallen
03-08-2015, 05:47 AM
aion has an au and this and its awesome. i like this in mmo's myself. its fun to go around to everyones shop and find cool things for sale when bored.

id really love this in aa. and its not pointless

Fallen
03-08-2015, 05:51 AM
that, and when the game starts to die more, it helps the server feel more alive when the city has shops up everywhere to check out.

Mratos
03-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Ultima Online had it and it does have advantages over AH, plus it makes it more fun to explore player towns. Not to mention you can actually make player towns more believable. I mentioned it my proposition list: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?162229-Proposition-of-changes-amp-additions-for-housing-and-storage

Siobhan
03-08-2015, 07:19 AM
There is good and bad in the idea.

If implemented well (EQ's Bazaar) then there is no impact on the regular servers. If implemented poorly (Perfect World) then there will be issues with shops placed on important NPCs and on top of one another.

Personally, with the AH available to pretty much everyone, I think it's useless and redundant.