PDA

View Full Version : Land question (again)

zeldamere
03-07-2015, 10:27 AM
You have two characters and 1 account. First character receives 8x8 design and puts it down. 2nd character receives 8x8 through the quest. My friend wants to use the 2nd character's 8x8 design and put in a farmer's workstation on her 16x16. I told her AA won't let the 2nd character use the 8x8 only 1 per server. Am I right? Thank you in advance

Myssy
03-07-2015, 10:31 AM
You are right. Things like workstations, furnitures and other things can only be placed by the owner of the farm/house. Sadly that doesnt include twinks on the same account as they are not the owner of the farm (namebased).

attacus
03-07-2015, 10:32 AM
You have to own the land it goes on so your second character could make it but not place it. So when you get your 16 you have to pull up your 8 to make it and place it on your 16. Once placed all toons on your account can use it. All characters can use each others land so if each character has a 8 you lose one either way.

Discoteka
03-07-2015, 10:45 AM
All toons on account can use workstation, but no one else. I've done it with an alts station. But, I strongly suggest the main character makes the workstation.

cvay
03-07-2015, 11:20 AM
All toons on account can use workstation, but no one else. I've done it with an alts station. But, I strongly suggest the main character makes the workstation.

There is in truth no such thing as an alt or a main. It is something that players define to identify the character they prefer to play the most. The alt or other character treats land and or workstations no differently to your supposed main. So the second of your characters can opt for crafting and gather wood and make all the items for the cottages and the like. That character can run the quest to get the large scarecrow and use the 8x8 to get the workstation. That character can then build two or three cottages and add the large scarecrow. Then build a loom [say] and place the farmers on that. That character could craft. Another character could tailor and use the loom. And then another character could do the farming while another does say just the husbandry. All characters could share trade runs and level their donkeys seperately. In time you lose all concept of main.

I play several MMOs and I do not have one main. I also do not have one alt. I just have characters and they are all different and do different things.

To the question, and I think I answered it but if you assign one character to sacrifice the 8x8 then that character would have to place the workstation on their cottage, farm or say loom. You can place a workstation on the corner of an 8x8 loom [say] which I prefer. All your character, max four on one realm, can use the loom of same faction I assume.

Still don't know why you get the option for six chars, the game refuses to allow me to create more than four. Unlike other games where I can have 50. Very annoying.

zeldamere
03-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Thanks everyone for your excellent responses. Still am I right you can only have 1 8x8 design placed per server and the 2nd character can not use his 8x8 design? Aside from the work station... Thanks in advance

KyubiChan
03-07-2015, 02:03 PM
You can have 2nd or 3rd/4th characters place their own 8x8 farm down, its just if you have all 4 character slots, you would only be able to place 4 8x8's (unless you use one for the farmers workstation...then that would make 3). Each character gets 1 8x8 farm, which is why the max would be 4 8x8 farms and the same with 16x16s, however there are ofc other 8x8 designs that any of your characters can place as well

Mystriss
03-07-2015, 02:24 PM
The above is correct.

I have three accounts and when I started out all I had was 8x8s; four down per account. The only limiting factor is if you are using the public 8x8 farm zone that demo's after a week, if you have one in there then you can't have any other land at all on that account. (It is similar but a bit looser for the scarecrow farm placement areas. There you can only have one 16 scarecrow down per account but other land types - workbenches, cottages, thatched's, townhouses, manors, and mansions are alright - just not the 16 scarecrow farm. Note: I've not been able to check if the Gazebo farm can go down on an account with a 16 scarecrow in there.)

You can't share the workstation across accounts, and only the owner of the workstation can place it on their land unfortunately (even if you're in family, or in the same guild.) It's quite annoying. Your friend is going to have to sacrifice the 8x8 from whichever character owns the 16 if you guys want the use of a workstation :(

zeldamere
03-07-2015, 05:13 PM
The above is correct.

I have three accounts and when I started out all I had was 8x8s; four down per account. The only limiting factor is if you are using the public 8x8 farm zone that demo's after a week, if you have one in there then you can't have any other land at all on that account. (It is similar but a bit looser for the scarecrow farm placement areas. There you can only have one 16 scarecrow down per account but other land types - workbenches, cottages, thatched's, townhouses, manors, and mansions are alright - just not the 16 scarecrow farm. Note: I've not been able to check if the Gazebo farm can go down on an account with a 16 scarecrow in there.)

You can't share the workstation across accounts, and only the owner of the workstation can place it on their land unfortunately (even if you're in family, or in the same guild.) It's quite annoying. Your friend is going to have to sacrifice the 8x8 from whichever character owns the 16 if you guys want the use of a workstation :(

Yours was the best answer of all. *****stars. I'm going to send this to my friend. I am getting tired of making her fuel and feed. Thanks

Mystriss
03-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Hahaha glad it helped :)

On the plus side, your buddy has a 16 so he can use his main accounts 8x8 to make the workstation (so he doesn't have to level profs on his alt to make like bundles, woodlots, and pens) I made the mistake of making my first farmers workstation on my alt, thinking that family would be able to use it like you can with the +proficiency specialty benches (sewing machine and the like) >.< Soooo now I have two farmers workstations...

Trodas
03-07-2015, 07:57 PM
The above is correct.

One of my characters has a gazebo farm on the Solzreed pumpkin farm area on an EU server. I tried putting a 16 x 16 owned by another alt there as an experiment but got a system message that the requirements weren't met. So it looks like it's one or the other.

Mystriss
03-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Good to know. Thank you :)