PDA

View Full Version : Artistry Update with 1.7

Arusa
03-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Do the GMs know if and when artistry is getting new content? Is it before or after 1.7 part 1 or part 2? I know some of the future instruments will include cello, violin, guitar, and harp. Will the 1000 character limit be increased when players can accrue more than 90,000 proficiency points?
Additionally, will there be any fixes to the percussion drum pack (currently cannot read sheet music) or composing bugs (cannot read tied dotted notes/rests or tempo changes in third track)?

I understand that the artistry community for Archeage is small and that the majority of players do not consider artistry when playing. However, I am sure there is a group of us that appreciate the wonders of artistry along with any quality of life modifications. Thank you for reading.

http://i.imgur.com/fmjuGXm.png

Below are some of the recent artistry threads: (mostly QoL)

Archeage We Need An Artistry Update (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?158334-Archeage-We-Need-An-Artistry-Update&highlight=artistry)
Artistry problems (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?158722-Artistry-problems&highlight=artistry/)

Aquaman
03-07-2015, 02:55 PM
and longer songs? a song book for sheets of music soo don't have to carry like 60 sheets would also be super cool ^^

Synkrasie
03-07-2015, 03:51 PM
There is a lot of Room for improvement on Artistry...

Couple a while ago i made some thoughts about how to improve it.

Fact: Its a profession, which cost a lot and doesnt really rewards you. Basically with every Labor Point you spent you earn money... but not in Artistry. A wirtten sheet is worth like 1G but no one ever buys them.

Here are my Ideas:
-The same idea Aquaman already posted: Some kind of Book where you can carry multiple Songs in one Inventory Slot
-The option to use Labor to play the music and earn profiency points for it. (Note: The player should have the possibility to decide if he wants to play for free or using Labor - Maybe doable with a special Instrument or so)
-A Donation "concert" (like beeing a beggar or so xD). The Idea is you play music and ppl can give you money. Would be nice if you drop down a hat or so :D That would be a possibility to make this profession more rewarding.
-Volume should be louder than 127. When you are on a Farm Cart or something similar the Cart is so loud that you sometimes dont hear the music playing.
-A use for the Regal artistry Workbench. Every profession has some recipts that are some kind of "special" and can only crafted on a Regal workbench. Not so Artistry.
-A supportive option for playing with multiple player. Something like that: everyone press "play" and than a timer counts down and as soon as it reaches zero everyone who pressed "play" before starts performing at the same time then.
-A questline where you can get Gear that improves your artistry proffession + a Title
-The Piano bug. When you sit on a piano (on the Veranda of a Villa) you cant leave it except you use backdrop or some other type of teleport. you are stucked between chair and piano
-Tune Mistakes. For example: A player has 9k artistry, he cant play amateur songs without mistakes. (it becomes less when you are close to the next lvl but there are still some). What about doing something like this: As soon as the player reaches 50 or 75% of the actual profession lvl he can play it without mistakes. Would make this profession more enjoable... really!
-As Arusa said: more instruments. Hopefully some stationary (like the piano) where you can play music sheets with
-Remove the Shatigons Sandglass for restoration of the drum set
-Give the option to mark (and delete) all the text on the music paper while using.
-Longer Titles for Naming the Music sheets
-Give the finished music sheets diffrent colours in your inventory. For Example: The music sheet of A amateur song is grey, novice green, Veteran blue and so on. (i mean the music paper icon, which is now white) shouldnt be that much of a problem to give them the colour

Guess thats it for now. No one will probably read this and it wont change... but if i am wrong with this and a few things of that would happend i am more than happy! :)

Cheers~

Arusa
03-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Synkrasie, about the volume, you can modify the "effects" and "musical instrument volume" in the sound menu. I think volume 127 is fine. I generally use 80-120 to differentiate between the melody and chords. Sometimes, I'll add a fade-out effect towards the end.

Arusa
03-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Additionally, this is an example of the instruments. I know there will be new instruments, I'm just wondering when we'll receive them. There are about six instruments locked behind +epherium instruments: impressive guitar, soothing guitar, powerful guitar, oboe, clarinet, and bassoon.

http://i.imgur.com/EjEeNiQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QHCnws0.png

Synkrasie
03-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Synkrasie, about the volume, you can modify the "effects" and "musical instrument volume" in the sound menu. I think volume 127 is fine. I generally use 80-120 to differentiate between the melody and chords. Sometimes, I'll add a fade-out effect towards the end.

Yes, thats right but other players complained about that as well... most of the dives the drivers :D
So it would be easier to let the volume up to more than 127 than explain everyone how to change it.
Its like solving the problems at the roots :)

Arusa
03-07-2015, 04:31 PM
"Most of the dives the drivers?" How do musicians keep themselves from falling off the haulers? Also, a music bag of some sorts is probably one of the highest suggested QoL addition from musicians. :o

John Small
03-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Artistry was gutted with 1.0 when xlgames moved to monetize the game. It use to be the method for which you got blank frames and ornate frames which is why the artistry crafting bench is... a stack of picture frames. Basically everything that made artistry great is now in the cash shop or loyalty store. It is my understanding that trion took that a step further and removed the custom picture frame recipes as well, meaning the only way to level artistry in our version is to do music paper which is a complete loss of money and labor.

One thing that is coming is a 60k artistry craft. Or rather, it currently should be craftable but trion removed the recipe from the bench. You can actually buy the design from the carpentry npc and have been for some time. No idea why they removed it. But the recipe is translated and technically in game.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/recipe/7052/?sl=1

http://archeagedatabase.net/kr/item/34722/

I believe the cello and things like that are actually 1.8 content... and they require 100k+ artistry to make.

http://archeagedatabase.net/kr/recipes/artistry/?sl=1

One thing that should be coming with 1.7 is... 180k prof titles. Have fun doing that.

I think the skateboard might be artistry? http://archeagedatabase.net/kr/item/35020/

Synkrasie
03-07-2015, 04:47 PM
"Most of the dives the drivers"

That happens when you interrupt a sentence and continuing without reading what you typed xD
Should be something like: most of the drivers do that" (or so )

i dont mind lvl artistry to 180k, as long as you get more characters for use + something rewarding at the end.

I didnt played the game when artistry could make frames... unfortunately :(

For me its still the best profession because its funny as hell but you just spend in this and dont earn anything (at least not when it comes to gold)

Arusa
03-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Thank you for your input, John Small. Liberty Drums, I do remember seeing them back on beta. They must be the drums that can be placed in houses. (per tooltip)

skullhead51
03-07-2015, 05:13 PM
The new instruments in 1.8 also include music box and bass I think.

Scrivean
03-07-2015, 05:54 PM
The craftable drum set like the one in Caernord iS in 1.7 I believe.

Arusa
03-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Yeah, the main difference is that Liberty is a piece of furniture (like the arpeggio piano) instead of mobile item. It would be nice if we could have a portable electric keyboard.

skullhead51
03-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Yeah, the main difference is that Liberty is a piece of furniture (like the arpeggio piano) instead of mobile item. It would be nice if we could have a portable electric keyboard.

The soothing guitar sounds partially like the piano. Not sure how well it works, haven't gotten one yet.

Arusa
03-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Today, I devoted about an hour or two to craft a few music sheets and play a few songs on the PTS. I tested the oboe, bassoon, clarinet, and soothing guitar. The soothing guitar is definitely better than the default lute, I think o4-o7 suit it best, but unlike the default lute o3 will not sound mute with the soothing guitar. The bassoon has problems with high octaves in the 6 and 7. I think the clarinet sounds the best out of the wind instruments primarily due to its flexibility with octaves. (the piccolo's low octaves and sax's high notes are scary)

Arusa
03-08-2015, 08:20 AM
Welp, I managed to compile a comparison video. I'm having a difficult time comparing clarinet, oboe, and bassoon with one song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl_xoteexs4

Arusa
03-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Bump for hopefully a response. :>

Grimah
03-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Welp, I managed to compile a comparison video. I'm having a difficult time comparing clarinet, oboe, and bassoon with one song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl_xoteexs4

This is awesome thanks, gawd i hate the distortion sounds in this game, sounds really cheap. But i love that soothing guitar!

If you do a comparison

Do a real comparison so we can see how some flutes play low or high notes poorly. This gives us more insight than a video of nice sounding music.

Take a song that ranges between the octaves etc.

Zug
03-09-2015, 08:31 AM
I really love the QoL suggestions made, especially the music book to hold all the sheets in one inventory slot, would be so helpful!

I think part of the problem with making any kind of profit with artistry (let alone breaking even or close to it) is that the auction house is not very friendly with sheet music.

I think it would be nice if you could do some kind of search by song title. Maybe there is an easy way to do this already and I am not aware of it?

Another auction house suggestion I have would be to add a feature for when you check music on AH, you can hear a sample of the song? I think people would be a lot more willing to buy music if they knew what they were getting. It's comparable to browsing weapons and armor, you can see the stats of the items you are buying. You should know a little of what you might be buying with sheet also. I don't know if something like this would even be possible as maybe it would lag the auction house/server if it loaded the music every time (I really don't know much about how that stuff works). But something like sampling music would be nice, and fun too.

Arusa
03-09-2015, 09:30 AM
I really love the QoL suggestions made, especially the music book to hold all the sheets in one inventory slot, would be so helpful!

I think part of the problem with making any kind of profit with artistry (let alone breaking even or close to it) is that the auction house is not very friendly with sheet music.

I think it would be nice if you could do some kind of search by song title. Maybe there is an easy way to do this already and I am not aware of it?

Another auction house suggestion I have would be to add a feature for when you check music on AH, you can hear a sample of the song? I think people would be a lot more willing to buy music if they knew what they were getting. It's comparable to browsing weapons and armor, you can see the stats of the items you are buying. You should know a little of what you might be buying with sheet also. I don't know if something like this would even be possible as maybe it would lag the auction house/server if it loaded the music every time (I really don't know much about how that stuff works). But something like sampling music would be nice, and fun too.

Based on John Small's post, I assume artistry would have generated some revenue from crafting canvases and frames.

Arusa
03-10-2015, 07:10 AM
Another bump for attention.

Arusa
03-10-2015, 06:24 PM
No Liberty Drum. :(