PDA

View Full Version : This is how the new housing safezones works in 1.8 Korea

BananaS
03-07-2015, 05:25 PM
lmao this is probably the most ******ed thing I have seen in a while... tought it would only work inside HOUSES.
I mean look at this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsb_4CBVfPs

Phoxly
03-07-2015, 05:28 PM
I knew it would end up like this. :/

jumbaliah
03-07-2015, 05:34 PM
i dont really get it...

cvay
03-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Sorry I must be thick.. What was that video showing. Who was the angel guy ? You will have to explain.

BananaS
03-07-2015, 06:12 PM
okay for those who don't get it: in 1.8 housing plots (and farms) will be safe zone. but the safe zone works like you can see in the video which is ******ed. You can attack ppl from the safe zone and ppl cant attack back. (like a nui zone but you can attack from the inside)
When I first heard about this safezone I was under the impression that you would be safe from attacks inside a HOUSE but it seems the safe zone is exactly the size of the plot. Imagine how ******ed all pvp will be on almost all pvp maps after this update?

Great White Tsundere
03-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Awesome, so no risk for having a farm in a pvp area, what ever next?

BananaS
03-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Awesome, so no risk for having a farm in a pvp area, what ever next?

who knows, maybe electric fence that instantly kills? would be at least more hilarious than this xD

Galix
03-07-2015, 06:57 PM
okay for those who don't get it: in 1.8 housing plots (and farms) will be safe zone. but the safe zone works like you can see in the video which is ******ed. You can attack ppl from the safe zone and ppl cant attack back. (like a nui zone but you can attack from the inside)
When I first heard about this safezone I was under the impression that you would be safe from attacks inside a HOUSE but it seems the safe zone is exactly the size of the plot. Imagine how ******ed all pvp will be on almost all pvp maps after this update?

It's a carebear pve mechanic fail :)

Mystriss
03-07-2015, 06:59 PM
So... basically all you have to do is make it into your house and they can't attack you, but you can attack them?

hmmm I guess we'll see who are the actual PvPers then, no more running around in the housing areas and farming honor/kills off afk folks taking a nap.

...I'm actually alright with this, though I'll certainly be watching my ♥♥♥ when I'm walking through enemy housing areas :P

toe nado
03-07-2015, 07:02 PM
I knew it would end up like this. :/

1.8 is a ways off for us. I would like to think this will be reworked before we get it.

Great White Tsundere
03-07-2015, 07:16 PM
who knows, maybe electric fence that instantly kills? would be at least more hilarious than this xD

Indeed, Trion op plz nerf.

John Small
03-07-2015, 07:42 PM

The point of the change was to make it so tryhards like you would stop ganking people in their homes while they garden or socialize. This kind of tactic is really only viable if you own a plot right on a road, like that person does. Obviously you can get around it by... not walking by his plot. Wow problem solved.

If you do real pvp, the kind outside of low/mid level housing zones, then this change doesnt effect you.

Stonelotus
03-07-2015, 07:46 PM
wake me up when they implement command and conquer style tesla coils, whiners.

Meridian
03-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Get off my lawn!

Sucuri
03-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Now everyone will want to move to PvP zones, should be fun to see all the dead space in the PvE zones for once XD

Fuyou
03-07-2015, 08:43 PM
oh noo, now i cant jump on people who are gathering, planting, farming and call it PVP anymore. *hic* *hic* it is so unfair *hic* *hic*. Why trion please *crying intensifies*

Sucuri
03-07-2015, 08:46 PM
oh noo, now i cant jump on people who are gathering, planting, farming and call it PVP anymore. *hic* *hic* it is so unfair *hic* *hic*. Why trion please *crying intensifies*

It will be ok, there are still plenty of people in their 30s to low 40s leveling that one can show everyone else their awesome lvl 50 (55) PvP skillz on out there...

skullhead51
03-07-2015, 09:11 PM
So how will this work during castle sieges? You are basically immune on the plot you own or does it work for anyone's plots as long as you are in it?

vagrant
03-07-2015, 10:46 PM
what i don't get is so-what if you can kill people while they are inside their houses? it's a pvp zone. you're not safe. you can be killed even in your house with the door closed. what's wrong with that?

OhVanity
03-07-2015, 10:53 PM
lmao yeah i heard about this, this is quite amusing. that video though too good

Beartornado
03-07-2015, 11:54 PM
what i don't get is so-what if you can kill people while they are inside their houses? it's a pvp zone. you're not safe. you can be killed even in your house with the door closed. what's wrong with that?

Because the inherent purpose of housing doesn't really make sense for pvp to be there. There's nothing to compete over or gain from killing people in housing other than getting free kills on those who are gathering private resources or afk/socializing. It's the equivalent of just removing all neutral guards from towns and more importantly crafting area. It's fine that the game is a sandbox and you have to take risks for most things, but some places just don't need that risk since it's creating unnecessary tedium and easy kills for buttheads.

Would be cool however if instead of removing pvp outright they just gave you the option to hire a personal guard that only responded to attacks made against and only if you were standing on your property.

Enklaz
03-08-2015, 12:18 AM
Because the inherent purpose of housing doesn't really make sense for pvp to be there. There's nothing to compete over or gain from killing people in housing other than getting free kills on those who are gathering private resources or afk/socializing. It's the equivalent of just removing all neutral guards from towns and more importantly crafting area. It's fine that the game is a sandbox and you have to take risks for most things, but some places just don't need that risk since it's creating unnecessary tedium and easy kills for buttheads.

Would be cool however if instead of removing pvp outright they just gave you the option to hire a personal guard that only responded to attacks made against and only if you were standing on your property.

No, guards are dumb, and if you have ever pvpd on growlgate you would know that, but from the sounds of it you have no idea what you are even saying, also this is a pvp game. O no i got ganked while harvesting, big deal run back, you didnt lose anything, there is no risk.

On a similar note the upcoming library should be a full pvp zone too. Its like that on russia, it should be like that here too.

Beartornado
03-08-2015, 01:32 AM
from the sounds of it you have no idea what you are even saying

Thanks, I'll throw out your post in a similar manner since you seem to possess the ability to disregard what's said and then from that ground claim I know nothing.

Hopefully the 55 update gives me the power to say things that stick the first time.

Kiamori
03-08-2015, 02:01 AM
You have to step out of the housing plot to attack, it works like the hasla port-in.

jumbaliah
03-08-2015, 02:05 AM
Stay off of my lawn!

Sounds/looks awesome. I approve

TehPear
03-08-2015, 02:06 AM
Well, hopefully Trion will not implement this in future. Kinda like our Diamond Shores will be PvP and the Korean version it's peace.

LlexX
03-08-2015, 02:27 AM
You are basically immune on the plot you own or does it work for anyone's plots as long as you are in it?
This is just so retrded...

BananaS
03-08-2015, 03:50 AM
after some investigation, it appears that the whole housing ZONE is a safe zone, meaning the area inside the poles you see while placing a plot. so there will be these huge ******ed safezones that will mess with big pvp fights. lmao at ppl who think that this is good so noobs dont die... this will ♥♥♥♥ up all big pvp raids at for example grimghast rifts. the first raid to go inside the safe zone can just kill the other raid who is outside the safe zone.

Psychasthenia
03-08-2015, 05:13 AM
There shouldn't be any mechanic that lets you attack and then get immunity 0.1 second later. Any PvP attack whether against reds or purpled against greens should give you a 10+ second debuff allowing attacks to hit you even if you move into a safe zone/nui statue. This isn't PvP... it's just stupid quirky game mechanics. I like the housing zones being safe but it shouldn't come at the cost of allowing people to abuse it like this.

DataDog
03-08-2015, 06:51 AM
I have land in a pvp zone, and I think this is bad idea. I also agree that it will mess up large scale open world pvp near housing areas. I enjoy using houses as cover. Adding safe zones within land ownership boundaries devalues safe zone land and removes the experious of having land in a danger zone.

If this mechanic was implemented to prevent players from collecting honor from unexpecting farmers, they should have just removed the ability to gain honor in housing zones.

All in all, I think this is very silly and will only hinder the existing pvp mechanics, such as Neutral Guards. It only serves to hinders the natural flow of pvp.

An alternative: We need a combat timer that denies the benefits of immunity from attack if recently engaged in combat (attacked or healed someone). Similar to the inability to desummon a seige tank or ship while engaged in combat. I feel this would fix all the safe zone exploitation that ruins the pvp experience. If you want the peace area immunity, be peaceful.

PS: Thank you OP for informing us of fundamental changes being made in Korea!

TLDR; In-combat effects should extend to safe areas the same as not being able to desummon a ship while in combat. That should fix all immunity buff exploitation without devaluing existing fundamental game functions/experiences.

Siobhan
03-08-2015, 07:14 AM
First, 1.8 is probably a year off, the way things are going now.

Secondly, while I believe PvP areas should be PvP, what we have to do is deal with it. People have been ♥♥♥♥♥ing about houses and the AoE crap for a long time. This will fix that at the expense of the "free kill" mechanic for so-called PvPers. No more wandering through mid-level areas and ganking people who have no chance of retaliation. Instead, they'll have to actually engage in real PvP with people who are at least prepared to fight.

Maybe now we'll find out who the REAL PvPers are.

noddy2
03-08-2015, 07:20 AM
I'm asking to add Saltbush as a farming item, with Alchemy to create Salty Tears you can throw at the corpses.

Other than that this is straight up crazy...

Meridian
03-08-2015, 07:20 AM

Secondly, while I believe PvP areas should be PvP, what we have to do is deal with it. People have been ♥♥♥♥♥ing about houses and the AoE crap for a long time. This will fix that at the expense of the "free kill" mechanic for so-called PvPers. No more wandering through mid-level areas and ganking people who have no chance of retaliation. Instead, they'll have to actually engage in real PvP with people who are at least prepared to fight.

There are no real PVPers in AA (except maybe for pirates).

noddy2
03-08-2015, 07:21 AM
There are no real PVPers in AA (except maybe for pirates).

QFT!

...10 chars...

Waldo
03-08-2015, 08:20 AM
All I see is the average PvP'r attacking those that can't defend themselves. I see that every day, so what's exactly the problem?

feeder
03-08-2015, 09:08 AM
I hope they plan to tweak that new safezone system, as it is in the video it seems like more trouble than the current non-safe pvp housing. If they want to add something like this, it should only apply to the inside dimensions of your house. Not the entire plot, and certainly not on farms.

Step 1) Idiot buys or more likely gets for free a plot in PVP zone.
Step 2) Idiot uses said plot to grow some unprofitable crops to use for unprofitable safe zone trade packs
Step 3) Idiot complains when they get killed while harvesting these crops
Step 4) Idiot posts on the forum, insinuating that the people that killed him while in his house/farm are pvp wannabes or griefers etc
(Please note, it's not the responsibility of your attacker to keep track of your AFK status or to be psychic and know if you're in the right mood to PVP atm. If you are RED to me/them you will be killed. It's NOT griefing, it's part of the game. Remember Idiot you are in PVP zone if you don't want to fight ♥♥♥♥! Simple as that)
Step 5) Idiot is given updated Safe-Zones System in PVP housing (it just sounds wrong even typing it)
Step 6) Idiot exploits the new safezone to attack passing Reds, while they cannot attack back because Idiot complained and now has an advantage.

Until then, you are not safe. And unless you are the idiot I mentioned above, you should be smart enough to understand the risks of owning land in PVP and you would really feel foolish to complain about any known risks. Or?

Paycheq
03-08-2015, 09:13 AM
Oh WOW even a Care-bear like me does not agree with those changes...

Bramble
03-08-2015, 09:38 AM
It's a carebear pve mechanic fail :)

Oh, I don't know, it sounds like a lot of fun for those inside the housing area. lol.

And if it's not properly thought out I have no doubts some of you, in spite of your current "crocodile tears", will find a way to turn that around to grief others.

And it's no more of a "care bear pve mechanic fail" than, say, taking your ship to a dock full of reds, which you can't attack, but they can attack, and they do, but the only one who can attack back is the pack bearer they've targeted . . . while the rest of the ship full of crew are weapon-locked and can't attack.

Really?

I probably would have done something different too, but we don't even know if it's going to be implemented here, so stop seeing Ghosts where none exist yet. But, conceptual "anomalies" seem to be the norm for this game so your answer is simple:

Stop trolling Housing areas and patrol the world for your pickings. You've got the WHOLE world to hunt people down on, so play Devil's Advocate on this topic. What would the (overall) game play Pro be for doing this?

Suggestions for Trion:

Ship Captains get to designate their Crew. A form of Party. Anyone stepping foot on the ship without the Captain's Permission (adds to Crew) immediately FLAGS to the crew, regardless of Faction alignment.

Anyone harvesting or chopping something with an Ownership Tag on it FLAGS to the owner. Flag lasts no more than 15 minutes.

You attack ANYONE from the other faction you auto-flag to everyone that's opposing faction, not just the ONE person you attacked.

Anyone manning a Hauler or Cart or Car not theirs Flags to the owner. The owner is free to attack or not. If they don't attack, all is well, it is assumed it's a friend with permission. If they do attack, they flag to the Thief as well and a criminal report is filed regardless of who lives or dies.

And for Housing Areas:

Let us have Guard Dogs, or better yet enhanced versions of the World Bosses we can capture, like Daruda, that can be set loose to patrol our property. Anyone stepping foot on the property or picking our Owned trees/plants withing 10 yards of our property, is immediately attacked by our Guard Dogs.

The guard dogs will give chase until either the "Bad Guy" is dead, or they are, and will follow Trespasses through Portals, and across oceans, and even into instances.

I wanna name mine "Old Yeller".

Browncoats
03-08-2015, 09:53 AM

AA won't be online in a year.

Waldo
03-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Suggestions for Trion:

Ship Captains get to designate their Crew. A form of Party. Anyone stepping foot on the ship without the Captain's Permission (adds to Crew) immediately FLAGS to the crew, regardless of Faction alignment.

Anyone harvesting or chopping something that still has an Ownership Tag on it immediately FLAGS to the owner. Flag lasts no more than 15 minutes.

You attack ANYONE from the other faction you auto-flag to everyone that's opposing faction, not just the ONE person you attacked.

Anyone manning a Hauler or Cart or Car not theirs immediately Flags to the owner. The owner is free to attack or not. If they don't attack, all is well, it is assumed it's a friend with permission. If they do attack, they flag to the Thief as well and a criminal report is filed regardless of who lives or dies.

And for Housing Areas:

Let us have Guard Dogs, or better yet enhanced versions of the World Bosses we can capture, like Daruda, that can be set loose to patrol our property. Anyone stepping foot on the property or picking our Owned trees/plants withing 10 yards of our property, is immediately attacked by our Guard Dogs.

The guard dogs will give chase until either the "Bad Guy" is dead, or they are, and will follow Trespasses through Portals, and across oceans, and even into instances.

I wanna name mine "Old Yeller".

That is way to perfect and it will never happen. Current game developer rather create holes to plug other holes. In fact they fight bugs with bugs and exploits with exploits.

Roark24601
03-08-2015, 09:57 AM
The PVP that occurs on property at present is invariably reds ganking farmers. That isn't PVP; that is thinly veiled griefing and everyone knows it. It has gotten to the point that reds build their own houses beside farms, wait for farmers to get online, then zone in and kill them while they are tending to their crops. Leet PVP action there, great job. I know how uber I feel when I join a crew of a dozen reds raiding farmers who don't fight back. PVP at its best, mates. And completely senseless.

On the other hand, when the farmers try to move their goods, the few reds who actually think this through and ambush them then steal their packs are the only ones who seem to really 'get' the purpose of trade in PVP zones: farmers risk more to make more money. Reds have a chance to steal. In those cases, the farmers actually organize with their guilds to protect the trade runs and the PVP takes place that makes this game fun.

That brings me to the only suggestion I will try to make: if farms become safe zones then we really need to eliminate periods of peace from those zones as well. Trade runs must always have risk. Currently, farming is a nuisance where you die tending to crops but it is just an annoyance. Then you wait until a period of peace to move your goods so your trade packs can't be stolen. I advise that the moving of trade packs always be a risk in PVP zones and we eliminate the ability for farmers to wait out the clock whenever this change is implemented.

Bramble
03-08-2015, 10:01 AM
That is way to perfect and it will never happen. Current game developer rather create holes to plug other holes. In fact they fight bugs with bugs and exploits with exploits.

Yeah, I think you get it.

I don't like what I see in the video . . . for all kinds of other reasons than what's being promoted (on the surface) here. Although I can't disagree either with Roark's post just above.

/shrug

Imma go back to farming for. . . wait for it . . . Tax Certs.

Ophencia
03-08-2015, 10:08 AM
PVP Sociopath Tryhard tears: best tears. Your salt sustains our crops.

Waldo
03-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I think you get it.

I don't like what I see in the video . . . for all kinds of other reasons than what's being promoted (on the surface) here.

/shrug

Imma go back to farming for. . . wait for it . . . Tax Certs.
Yeah, 50 tax certs today.

You do understand these developers don't do it on purpose, do you? Games nowadays have to be perfect from day one, and there goes everything wrong. The funds are vastly declining and the hype is at its peek. They hope the gamers understand that it will not be perfect yet, but they make a whole lot of promises and there it goes; Launch day. Everything goes wrong and everybody loses their cool.
The whispers are turning into roars and from than on every new thing goes wrong. The game was not finished yet and because of the roaring changes are being made. Better bad decisions than no decisions, the customers seems to think that the developers are doing everything wrong but it is actually them who exploit every little mistake they see.
The car is riding while they are fixing the motor. The car can't stop because money have to be made. The motor will eventually be better, but not before the car goes to the garage. What has priority: Happy customers, fixing the motor or making money? Let's hope they get these three together one day.

Buv
03-08-2015, 11:50 AM
This needs to be adjusted if it comes to NA servers. PvP is a huge part of this game that should not be as limited as it is now. For those of you that are saying killing farmers isn't pvp your a joke. Killing a farmer will most of the time push others to come out and fight. There are plenty of 100% safe zones those farmers can go to if they want to not have to deal with pvp.

Zones stay in the low stages of conflict for far too long, something like this would make this game unplayable for countless people.

Buv
03-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Can we get a response from @Scapes or anyone??

Bramble
03-08-2015, 12:23 PM
This needs to be adjusted if it comes to NA servers. PvP is a huge part of this game that should not be as limited as it is now. For those of you that are saying killing farmers isn't pvp your a joke. Killing a farmer will most of the time push others to come out and fight. There are plenty of 100% safe zones those farmers can go to if they want to not have to deal with pvp.

Zones stay in the low stages of conflict for far too long, something like this would make this game unplayable for countless people.

I don't think demanding Trion answer this one RIGHT NOW makes a lot of sense. This is in KR 1.8, yes? And we've not even seen 1.7 yet.

So, there's time, everyone can relax.

Now, how would something like this that affects only Housing Districts make "this game unplayable for countless people"? Are you telling me you only Deer Stand for targets at their houses and farms?

Bakemono
03-08-2015, 12:56 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/il9g1.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/il9g1)via Imgflip Meme Maker (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

Pvp can be subjective, that is clearly the case after reading the post.

1. When you die in PvP zone, what do you lose (OMFG I LOST 5 HONOR, SPAWN AT NUI IN 5MIN).

2. Griefing is a part of every game (#nofunallowed).

3. If you want to socialize, go play Sims.

4.Why don't you shut your house door when you go inside?

5.Archeage is polluted with PVE carebear's.

goodgame
03-08-2015, 02:21 PM
I have no problem with the entire farming area being pvp free. people still need to transport their packs outside of the farming areas in order to move them. the pvp will happen outside the fence, then you wont lose your chance to pvp over this. this will help get people to move out of safe zones, placing farms and the like in more areas. may even entice more trade runs outside of the safe zones. which in turn gets more traffic through the zones.

as one reader stated there are so many areas to pvp in to choose from. imho the only people that have salty tears over this are the ones that aren't practicing true pvp. the lvl 50 that kills the lvl30 etc is NOT PVP!! people who think that's pvp are the reason it needs to be changed.

also not everyone wants to play the game in full pvp mode every time they get on, THEY PAY for their game not you so it should be THEIR CHOICE to log in farm and log out if they so wish.

Ophencia
03-08-2015, 02:54 PM
5.Archeage is polluted with PVE carebear's.

It's actually polluted with PVP cry babies.....I swear you PVP addicts f&^*ing cry more than anyone.

Blackened
03-08-2015, 03:02 PM

What sou you mean by doesn't make sense?, you can get aged packs by doing that.

Bandito
03-08-2015, 05:30 PM

Given this is coming from a asl member means one thing... kill farmers requires a zerg from asl or its hide at a safe zone. Don't throw the "pvp" around like this, as it only makes you sound like someone with game... when in fact ur just a visawarrior..

go gank a farmer, and lvl 35 folks as well... ur all good at that

Fuyou
03-09-2015, 07:04 AM
so you can no longer kill people who can't fight back and have to take a risk getting killed, if that is not care bear then i don't even know what is.

Bakemono
03-09-2015, 07:23 AM
It's actually polluted with PVP cry babies.....I swear you PVP addicts f&^*ing cry more than anyone.

This is why NA players asked for pvp and pve servers, so we don't have to be subject to the bull ♥♥♥♥ pve content we don't care about.

Trion, archeage is a faction vs faction game, but it doesnt' really feel like it, know why? Castles need to be nerf'd, so we can actually contest for them. The conflict zones that ever go to war the most are Hasla, Halcyona, Ynystere, and Hellswamp. For a player like me, there is no incentive to go around and do any world pvp in low conflict zone, because I can acquire no honor.

The main way to obtain honor in this game is "instanced" based.

Bunnyleptic
03-09-2015, 07:35 AM
so you can no longer kill people who can't fight back and have to take a risk getting killed, if that is not care bear then i don't even know what is.

Killing people who can't fight back (as you describe it) is not carebear?
Is that what real pvp is??

Man, pvp players are the most crybabies in this game, because they can no longer force themselves (or better said: their ganking/bullying tactics) onto a pve player.

Oh wait, they're called Carebears because pvp crybaby brains cannot handle a caring/giving person who enyoys the game on their own way...

Caliban
03-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Wow that is the most stupid thing I've ever seen in a video game

Aldween
03-09-2015, 07:41 AM
This is why NA players asked for pvp and pve servers, so we don't have to be subject to the bull ♥♥♥♥ pve content we don't care about.

Trion, archeage is a faction vs faction game, but it doesnt' really feel like it, know why? Castles need to be nerf'd, so we can actually contest for them. The conflict zones that ever go to war the most are Hasla, Halcyona, Ynystere, and Hellswamp. For a player like me, there is no incentive to go around and do any world pvp in low conflict zone, because I can acquire no honor.

The main way to obtain honor in this game is "instanced" based.
So you need a reward to do pvp?
Btw, this game is not faction vs faction. Go guild wars 2 or teso if you want rvr and ♥♥♥♥ty castle to siege.

Myrgatroid
03-09-2015, 07:42 AM
1.8 is a ways off for us. I would like to think this will be reworked before we get it.

I would certainly hope so. Can't imagine this coming to EU/NA live.

Ashrahm
03-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Farms IMO shouldn't be safe but Houses I am ok with. Honestly though this is no different than doing this at a Nui shrine.

Pwnocchio
03-09-2015, 08:31 AM

Carebears don't like it.

There are some PvP'ers that do bearing to make gold. Then there are true-to-heart carebears that don't want the game to be PvP.

SirGaric
03-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Oh, the end of AFK kills? Some people will be severely dissapointed.

orangecrush
03-09-2015, 09:17 AM
You mean we won't be able to killed while were stuck in an farming animation, or AOE killed while in our locked houses anymore? Woah this heavy. People might have to actually pvp now to get there honor, jesus.

Cracker
03-09-2015, 09:29 AM
If that is really the intended design then make that particular area (ynyster) be exactly like Castaway Strait. It is either "at war" or "in conflict" If they want to farm in peace then so be it but make moving packs outside the fence up for grabs.

Pwnocchio
03-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Oh, the end of AFK kills? Some people will be severely dissapointed.

Lets be honest here. AFK kills are meaningless. With the AFK timer gone, you no longer lose anything by being killed AFK.

So this change actually increases the ways in which players can troll you through bad game mechanics (if you care about trade packs).

If a guild has enough land in a housing zone they'll be able to lock down trade moving through the zone with a few members. I think that would be a lot more trolly fun than afk murders.

Ashrahm
03-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Now what I want to know..Is it only safe for you if you own it or is it safe for Guild members is set to guild?

Axejst
03-09-2015, 10:04 AM
You mean we won't be able to killed while were stuck in an farming animation, or AOE killed while in our locked houses anymore? Woah this heavy. People might have to actually pvp now to get there honor, jesus.

Whole thread was over at this point, really. Not much else to say.

Choisy
03-09-2015, 10:05 AM

Stream was clear that it is not intended. But too much coding to fix. So this is a work around from XL. Never saw the point of killing afk ppl. But that's just me. For some is the number more important then how it became that number I guess.

Axejst
03-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Stream was clear that it is not intended. But too much coding to fix. So this is a work around from XL. Never saw the point of killing afk ppl. But that's just me. For some is the number more important then how it became that number I guess.

I'll explain the point for you, glad you asked, my friend! The point is that a lot of kids want the easy carebear kills so their stats get padded. That number of hostile faction kills is not only a way to inflate the e-peen, it's also a measurement of how good they feel they are at the game in general. Now, anyone with a parietal lobe worth a squirt of piss can tell you that these inflated stats are as meaningful as a bucket of steaming horse ♥♥♥♥. The individuals you refer to, however, lack either the mental capacity of maturity (or both) to recognize this see this change for what it is - a way to keep the farmers farming.

I want farmers farming. So I can farm them. Removing the ability to sneak-attack someone while pulling weeds is not the end of the world. I'll get to them sooner or later. The only difference will be that when I DO finally attack them, they'll have chance to fight back.

SO harsh.

Stonin
03-09-2015, 10:32 AM
I say just remove housing from PVP zones then, they shouldn't be safe places to gather a raid or spy from.

In this game PVP and PVE are supposed to exist in a 'fraught harmony' by design. If you do not want to ever get involved in PVP then you can stay in the numerous safe zones and never be touched. If you want to go to the PVP zones you can do so, in peace time, and not be touched. You could explore everywhere but the open ocean and never once fight a person.

However, if you decide to set up home in a PVP zone you shouldn't expect to be safe during a war...it's a war after all. Instead both sides will now be able to gather an entire raid in a housing zone right outside the West base and nobody can do anything about it. Yeah, seems like a good mechanic.

Something 'Carebears' don't seem to understand is that they sell their goods to the PVP'ers for the most part. The economy, in this game, wouldn't exist without PVP as the PVE content is actually a way of avoiding crafting/mat gathering etc.

Pwnocchio
03-09-2015, 10:37 AM
I'll explain the point for you, glad you asked, my friend! The point is that a lot of kids want the easy carebear kills so their stats get padded.

I want farmers farming. So I can farm them. Removing the ability to sneak-attack someone while pulling weeds is not the end of the world. I'll get to them sooner or later. The only difference will be that when I DO finally attack them, they'll have chance to fight back.

You aren't thinking this the whole way through, Axe. You'll be able to farm anyone with a trade pack and take their stuff while they can't fight back. You'll be able to gank anyone within range of your land/guild land and they can't fight back.

Their only saving hope is that they are standing on a farm they own or their guild/family owns.

I'm right there with you that killing afk's is kinda lame, but griefing farmers in a PvP zone is a viable strategy to get people to move away.

Not only does this change removes that harassment 'get out' tactic and water down the 'sandbox' aspect of the game, but it's really only trading the afk gank fix for other larger problems.

Nephlim
03-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Will be fun to see all the pirates cry about growl gate housing assuming thats covnered here to.

Beckett151
03-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Housing and farming kills do serve a purpose, one that benefits the whole and not just the individual, pushing zones from tension to War. Every single kill counts. I know I don't hunt farming areas just to troll farmers in Ynystere, I do it so my guild can attempt to steal Wagons and Haulers full of packs during peace. I also find that hunting farmers has the effect of summoning non farmers to try and clear us from the zone, increasing the numbers of kills, and pushing the zone faster. Cause and effect.

Pwnocchio
03-09-2015, 11:14 AM
Housing and farming kills do serve a purpose, one that benefits the whole and not just the individual, pushing zones from tension to War. Every single kill counts. I know I don't hunt farming areas just to troll farmers in Ynystere, I do it so my guild can attempt to steal Wagons and Haulers full of packs during peace. I also find that hunting farmers has the effect of summoning non farmers to try and clear us from the zone, increasing the numbers of kills, and pushing the zone faster. Cause and effect.

These are all good points.

Killing farmers certainly does have a tendency to kick the hornets nest.

Beckett151
03-09-2015, 11:25 AM
It certainly does indeed kick the hornets nest. My Guild has been called out on targeting "civilian" farmers on Enla. Frankly, it is not personnel, it is business. I'm sorry "Civilians" get caught up in the conflict, however it it becomes to dangerous in the PvP zones, relocating to Alliance controlled areas may be for the best, because 1.8 is not around the corner.

Waldo
03-09-2015, 11:57 AM
These are all good points.

Killing farmers certainly does have a tendency to kick the hornets nest.
Done in moderacy, it does the job. But when people make it an habit to annoy the farmers, who are also paying customers, the company takes extreme measures like turning those farms into peace zones. And I will not be surprised if those same farmers, who you just wanted to help, take revenge from their safe havens and cause the province fall into war even faster than you can do it.

Pwnocchio
03-09-2015, 12:17 PM
Done in moderacy, it does the job. But when people make it an habit to annoy the farmers, who are also paying customers, the company takes extreme measures like turning those farms into peace zones.

...but there were already peace zones for those people to farm in. What they are doing is reducing the content for their PvP base.

Waldo
03-09-2015, 12:33 PM
...but there were already peace zones for those people to farm in. What they are doing is reducing the content for their PvP base.
And adding more PvP content like Diamond Shores.

Actually the whole sea is an PvP zone, but it takes some skill to catch an merchant. There are still people who cross the ocean undefended, but many of them are real escape artists :)

McDonuts
03-09-2015, 12:38 PM
So, people with property next to the vendors in PvP housing areas, will be able to troll the crap out of people attempting to use those vendors. Interesting . . .

On an unrelated note; I know which properties I will be buying to make a perma-safe trade route from Rookborne to Falcorth. If you want to use it, just join my family; bidding starts at 100 gold/day.

Axejst
03-09-2015, 01:02 PM
You aren't thinking this the whole way through, Axe. You'll be able to farm anyone with a trade pack and take their stuff while they can't fight back. You'll be able to gank anyone within range of your land/guild land and they can't fight back.

Their only saving hope is that they are standing on a farm they own or their guild/family owns.

I'm right there with you that killing afk's is kinda lame, but griefing farmers in a PvP zone is a viable strategy to get people to move away.

Not only does this change removes that harassment 'get out' tactic and water down the 'sandbox' aspect of the game, but it's really only trading the afk gank fix for other larger problems.

Trading for different problems, yes. Whether or not they are bigger in the sense of adverse effect on the population remains to be seen. I think I see your point there.

UnderGrowth
03-09-2015, 01:10 PM
Sounds like they applied American law to archeage housing xD

Axejst
03-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Sounds like they applied American law to archeage housing xD

I'd say too soon, but it isn't.

Quasar
03-09-2015, 01:30 PM
This will completely devalue all the safe zone property. PvP property is cheaper due to the fact you have to deal with it being 'unsafe'. Who thought this was a good idea? People spent lots of hours collecting/obtaining safe zone plots (and paid a premium for it) not to deal with it and now everyone who got pvp property for next to nothing will get the same advantage??

goodgame
03-09-2015, 01:32 PM
I'll explain the point for you, glad you asked, my friend! The point is that a lot of kids want the easy carebear kills so their stats get padded. That number of hostile faction kills is not only a way to inflate the e-peen, it's also a measurement of how good they feel they are at the game in general. Now, anyone with a parietal lobe worth a squirt of piss can tell you that these inflated stats are as meaningful as a bucket of steaming horse ♥♥♥♥. The individuals you refer to, however, lack either the mental capacity of maturity (or both) to recognize this see this change for what it is - a way to keep the farmers farming.

SO harsh.

so well said!! thing is they still need too move those packs!! that's when they get hit, seriously it isn't the end of the world!!

Waldo
03-09-2015, 01:57 PM
so well said!! thing is they still need too move those packs!! that's when they get hit, seriously it isn't the end of the world!!
And all you have to do is search for a farm with packs. These things have timers and that makes things very easy. No farmer will let his packs disappear, and when he comes to harvest you are sure that he will fight you first. Win win :)

stevenaitsover
03-09-2015, 02:25 PM
I don't understand why would they want to change something that is not broken. I owned land in a pvp area and it only takes me 5-10 min to finish farming my crops. I think it fun to have red company around your housing area cause the action never get dull in the pvp zone. This game is meant to be a pvp game. If you want to play farmville, there's plenty of space in the peace zone. I can also see why this can be a problem during halcyona. Guild can buy a bunch of land and gather there guild in a safe zone where the opposing fraction can't do nothing about it.

StevenAndrews
03-09-2015, 02:26 PM
If they implement this in NA i will probably quit.

There's already plenty of safe zones.

This is stupid as ♥♥♥♥.. just look at the video.

Pwnocchio
03-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Man, the whole idea of no longer having to worry about being PVP'd in a PvP zone while you farm...

That is so weak. I have a farm in Marcala. That excitement is a tangible part of the game. I got land up there when there was no land elsewhere and grew to love the PvP element/risk. Now they are taking that away because some balless carebears moved into hostile areas and don't like how that tension makes them feel?

John Small
03-09-2015, 05:40 PM
I don't understand why would they want to change something that is not broken. I owned land in a pvp area and it only takes me 5-10 min to finish farming my crops. I think it fun to have red company around your housing area cause the action never get dull in the pvp zone. This game is meant to be a pvp game. If you want to play farmville, there's plenty of space in the peace zone. I can also see why this can be a problem during halcyona. Guild can buy a bunch of land and gather there guild in a safe zone where the opposing fraction can't do nothing about it.
Because it is broken. Archeage is not the massive pvp the western playerbase pretends it is. Some people just want to chill out in their little houses and goof off, not fear for their virtual lives the entire time. The pvp zones are pvp zones to add risk vs reward for trade packing to and from them, not so you can shoot fish in a barrel via ganking people gardening or sleeping. The peace period is so people living in those zones, or people who want to use those zones, can still do so in a limited fashion. If you tryhards really want nonstop war and pvp, then ask trion to remove peace completely. I'm sure your tune would change when you suddenly lose the benefits of temporary peace. Nobody is invicible and eventually people get sick of dieing. It certainly is exciting at first, but when you log on to pick some mushrooms before you go to work, having some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ camp your house is not fun or exciting.

If you watch the korean dev talk for 1.8, they specifically state that this was something the player base has been asking for, and how players hated not being able to leave their doors open so people can chat, chillout, or just admire other people's houses.

Bunnyleptic
03-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Because it is broken. Archeage is not the massive pvp the western playerbase pretends it is. Some people just want to chill out in their little houses and goof off, not fear for their virtual lives the entire time. The pvp zones are pvp zones to add risk vs reward for trade packing to and from them, not so you can shoot fish in a barrel via ganking people gardening or sleeping. The peace period is so people living in those zones, or people who want to use those zones, can still do so in a limited fashion. If you tryhards really want nonstop war and pvp, then ask trion to remove peace completely. I'm sure your tune would change when you suddenly lose the benefits of temporary peace. Nobody is invicible and eventually people get sick of dieing. It certainly is exciting at first, but when you log on to pick some mushrooms before you go to work, having some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ camp your house is not fun or exciting.

If you watch the korean dev talk for 1.8, they specifically state that this was something the player base has been asking for, and how players hated not being able to leave their doors open so people can chat, chillout, or just admire other people's houses.

You sir are a hero. Very well said.

Thank you^^

Calim
03-09-2015, 06:07 PM
You sir are a hero. Very well said.

Thank you^^

@Johnny Bigs, Sums up how I feel too.

Pwnocchio
03-09-2015, 07:44 PM
Because it is broken. Archeage is not the massive pvp the western playerbase pretends it is.

I don't think anyone would confuse Archeage as some hardcore PvP expression. It's very much soft core. It's just unfortunate that this brand of softcore PvP is to intense for many.

It's like putting boxing gloves on a kitten.

I really hope the PvP community rises up to troll the hell out of the bears in these zones so Trion/XL Games gets rid of this bad move.

stevenaitsover
03-09-2015, 08:44 PM

Chill, pop a soda and not having to fear for your virtual lives? It just so silly what you saying because peace zone account for 50% of the land in archeage. Look, everyone find fun in a different way. Your fun belong in a peace zone and relaxing and playing farmville. It not that hard to find land in a peace zone now a days. If you want to build a house in the pvp war zone, you taking that option to allow for you to get gank. All I'm asking is to revert the changes to the 1.8 housing zone the way it was before. How hard is it to understand? Also just because the koreans feel that way doesn't mean the majority of archeage community feel the same way.

Mesk
03-09-2015, 08:51 PM
I think all pvp land zones should be removed, and only have it out in the oceans. At least that way the pirate guilds will stop complaining.

goodgame
03-09-2015, 09:21 PM
And all you have to do is search for a farm with packs. These things have timers and that makes things very easy. No farmer will let his packs disappear, and when he comes to harvest you are sure that he will fight you first. Win win :)

Exactly, see you get my point. In the video it shows packs everywhere, they all need to be moved for payment. As I have said before the only thing this will do is encourage "true pvp".

darksideslight
03-09-2015, 10:26 PM
I don't think anyone would confuse Archeage as some hardcore PvP expression. It's very much soft core. It's just unfortunate that this brand of softcore PvP is to intense for many.

So why do you play it (and cry so much about it)? Can't handle EVE or Battlefield or an actual PvP game? lol

stevenaitsover
03-09-2015, 10:56 PM
Exactly, see you get my point. In the video it shows packs everywhere, they all need to be moved for payment. As I have said before the only thing this will do is encourage "true pvp".

Those are not real pack. Those packs are obtain from the grimghast rift in ynystere use to complete a quest. The player in that video is abusing the new mechanic so that he can freely destroy cart and gank players without the other fraction being able to retaliate.

John Small
03-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Chill, pop a soda and not having to fear for your virtual lives? It just so silly what you saying because peace zone account for 50% of the land in archeage. Look, everyone find fun in a different way. Your fun belong in a peace zone and relaxing and playing farmville. It not that hard to find land in a peace zone now a days. If you want to build a house in the pvp war zone, you taking that option to allow for you to get gank. All I'm asking is to revert the changes to the 1.8 housing zone the way it was before. How hard is it to understand? Also just because the koreans feel that way doesn't mean the majority of archeage community feel the same way.

Oh did I upset the little baby by using big words and some hyperbole. Does wittle baby want a pacifier? Oh what a big man pvper you are. Wittle baby so strong and good at videogames! I've lived in a pvp since zone day 1. It's always the same deal. The People who can't fight on freedich, or who can't win the arena, also seem to end up in some level 35-45 zone to pick on people way below their gear or skill level to pick on. When that gets stale, they run around and gank people gardening or afking so they can pretend their balls have dropped. This isnt fun. It isnt exciting. It's annoying and frustrating, and every time I go out and murder the people who bother me they claim its 'buecase its a peeveepee zone lol.' There's plenty of real pvp zones with real rewards, but of course they never go to them. It's no secret why.

Pvp does not belong in the housing zone. Boo hoo for the handful of cart routes that go through a housing zone in haranya that might end up getting ganked. Nobody in nuia cares. Until the game offers some way for players to actually protect themselves in their houses, there is no justification for pvp in housing zones other than letting unskilled tryhards use them as a guaranteed confidence boosters to prey on people who usually cant or arent prepared to defend themselves.

stevenaitsover
03-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Oh did I upset the little baby by using big words and some hyperbole. Does wittle baby want a pacifier? Oh what a big man pvper you are. Wittle baby so strong and good at videogames! I've lived in a pvp since zone day 1. It's always the same deal. The People who can't fight on freedich, or who can't win the arena, also seem to end up in some level 35-45 zone to pick on people way below their gear or skill level to pick on. When that gets stale, they run around and gank people gardening or afking so they can pretend their balls have dropped. This isnt fun. It isnt exciting. It's annoying and frustrating, and every time I go out and murder the people who bother me they claim its 'buecase its a peeveepee zone lol.' There's plenty of real pvp zones with real rewards, but of course they never go to them. It's no secret why.

Pvp does not belong in the housing zone. Boo hoo for the handful of cart routes that go through a housing zone in haranya that might end up getting ganked. Nobody in nuia cares. Until the game offers some way for players to actually protect themselves in their houses, there is no justification for pvp in housing zones other than letting unskilled tryhards use them as a guaranteed confidence boosters to prey on people who usually cant or arent prepared to defend themselves.

Since when did I call out people name and be try hard pvper? I like the PVE aspect of the game also and the peace time. Not once did I call anyone in this thread a carebear. I just giving my opinion. Didn't mean to atk anyone so calm your horses.

Apostle
03-09-2015, 11:48 PM
So this is how it works... in 1.8 all safezones will become pvp zones, but only your land can protect you, thats exactly like when someone from east is in marianople (safezone) and only west can attack first. so the pvp isnt gone or fk up like few people are thinking, since the guy can attack back.

Waldo
03-10-2015, 01:14 AM
No pity on PvP players. They are already exploiting from day one, turning purple and green at will.
This should be that once you attack someone while standing on your land, you should no longer be safe. The other person should be able to defend him/herself.

Aeducan76
03-10-2015, 02:58 AM
So... basically all you have to do is make it into your house and they can't attack you, but you can attack them?

hmmm I guess we'll see who are the actual PvPers then, no more running around in the housing areas and farming honor/kills off afk folks taking a nap.

...I'm actually alright with this, though I'll certainly be watching my ♥♥♥ when I'm walking through enemy housing areas :P

Any PvP player that whines about this is just a AFK / low-gear Target hunter or a griefer. And neither gets any respect from me, so i am fine with the changes.

Of course they will also be exploited. You shouldnīt be able to attack from inside to the outside. Thatīs stupid.

junweizhu
03-10-2015, 03:52 AM
Any PvP player that whines about this is just a AFK / low-gear Target hunter or a griefer. And neither gets any respect from me, so i am fine with the changes.

Of course they will also be exploited. You shouldnīt be able to attack from inside to the outside. Thatīs stupid.

Maybe make it a nuia statue peace zone, where neither parties can attack? Then again, people can still grief by placing their cart on farmingspots or in front of people's house.