PDA

View Full Version : How to properly restore/recover documents/archeage/user/UCC/down

Bramble
03-08-2015, 05:48 AM
This is related to Crest Ink, Crest Stamp, and proper Image display.

I took some advice if your images are NOT displaying, delete the contents of this directory with the game shut off, restart.

Yeah, did this just woke up, didn't backup the directory first - - - - Scapes, please hit me with a 2 x 4 five times.

Restarted Game: Most of my paintings are still blank, with some sprinkled anomalies. Maybe sheds some light on what's happening overall?

1) The black and white Herons I never successfully made an Ink for is now displaying on several of the canvases that had other paintings on them . . . TO ME.
2) My guildie says he's still seeing the original images on those.
3) I've got FOREIGN symbols on a couple, things I've never made inks for.
4) Checked the crest inks in my Bank, and those show either BLANK (currently, I go the day see if they populate) or some with the foreign images.

So, is there a way to regen the proper images?

Thanks in advance.

Fasti
03-08-2015, 06:44 AM
Hey Bramble,

Can you check your Recycle Bin to see if the files are still there and can be restored?

Bramble
03-08-2015, 08:05 AM
Hey Bramble,

Can you check your Recycle Bin to see if the files are still there and can be restored?

Wow. Just wow--------> I had to have you tell me that.

I apparently am NOT having a particularly good brain-working day. Heh-heh.

Restored the files from Recycle bin. I've logged a toon, and currently all canvases appear blank to me. I'll give it a few minutes in case it's one of those occasional "needs an hour to load images" thing going on.

Thanks for the patience. /smackhead.

Bramble
03-08-2015, 08:08 AM
FIXED.

Unbelievable. Seriously. What was going on in my head I didn't just restore the files from Recycle?

Paintings are back to looking as they should.

Wow.

Thanks Fasti. You're a good man.

/waves

Halliday
03-08-2015, 11:33 AM
So im confused what was the fix? i have tried all the fixes and everything is still blank? deleted the files and all that.

Halliday
03-08-2015, 12:09 PM
so i deleted the ucc/down files and restarted my computer now my archeage will no longer launch. I restored the files and restarted and still won't launch. What the ♥♥♥♥ is going on with this ♥♥♥♥?

Lunatuna
03-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Yeah, my images are gone too. I checked recycle bin first, nothing there. I reapplied my crest to a seemingly canvas -- still blank. Getting pretty frustrated with the buggyness of this game. Glyph memory leak, inability to clear auto-decline to raids and now this. I've reinstalled from scratch twice. Ugh. Really, really seems not worth it at this point.

Kimea
03-09-2015, 08:06 AM
Please, someone from support give us some directions here. Ever since the last maintenance I no longer see any custom images from everyone, guildmate's flags, their sails etc. Renamed the Archeage folder in documents, reinstalled game as well, and nothing. Please I am getting frustrated here because of something as seemly simple as this.

Brenya
03-09-2015, 09:56 AM
I am having the same issue. I have not been able to see any custom images at all. After contacting support 3 times, I was told nothing more can be done, and to keep an eye on the forums for updates. Has any progress been made on this issue?

Trixologist
03-09-2015, 10:02 AM
I am having the same issue. I have not been able to see any custom images at all. After contacting support 3 times, I was told nothing more can be done, and to keep an eye on the forums for updates. Has any progress been made on this issue?

Nope......