PDA

View Full Version : What's so good about land in Diamond Shores?

TranceFox
03-09-2015, 10:48 AM
As the above title asks, what's so good about it besides the triple rare climate? Will it give some sort of specific advantage to own land there in 1.7? As far as I know the kelms are in auroria and not diamond shores so why am I clammering to put in 2 thatched in Diamond Shores? Someone tell me whats so good about owning land in this place please.

~TranceFox

Confederate
03-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Nothing. It's just more land for people to grab. The triple climate is irrelevant as temperate (which is the most desirable) is not amongst them.

John Small
03-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Triple climate is garbage since the majority of plants require temperate. The original appeal was that it was a multi-faction peace zone but trion removed that. In the future you can build aquafarms and sea houses so it might be a nice spot to have just for convenience if you are REALLY into farming and aqua farming.

If you missed head start and want to experience the horror, i mean challenge, of living in an active pvp zone, diamondshores is the place for you. For new comers who have never lived in a pvp zone before: not a single type of house in this game is safe. Doesnt matter if you live in a tiny 16x16, a decent sized 24x24, a large 28x28 or even the legendary 44x44, you can be pulled and killed while in your house due to the way aoes work.

I think you can make trade packs in diamondshores/auroria in 1.7 or 1.8 but that's a long time to hold onto land just to make trade packs.

Trixologist
03-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Uh - because unlike all of the rest of Auroria land, Diamond Shores isn't subject to the whims of the castle dwellers and ever changing tax rates. Also unlike the rest of Auroria, Diamond Shores isn't as gloomy. If you can't do the new little pod things on DS then that's about it.

JerryBoyle
03-09-2015, 11:13 AM
1.8 introduces safezones for farms/housing, but yes currently you won't be safe on them. I think the appeal is farming honor during wartime and just pvp fun, Diamond Shores should/hopefully will be very active in that regard.

noddy2
03-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Triple climate is garbage since the majority of plants require temperate. The original appeal was that it was a multi-faction peace zone but trion removed that. In the future you can build aquafarms and sea houses so it might be a nice spot to have just for convenience if you are REALLY into farming and aqua farming.

If you missed head start and want to experience the horror, i mean challenge, of living in an active pvp zone, diamondshores is the place for you. For new comers who have never lived in a pvp zone before: not a single type of house in this game is safe. Doesnt matter if you live in a tiny 16x16, a decent sized 24x24, a large 28x28 or even the legendary 44x44, you can be pulled and killed while in your house due to the way aoes work.

I think you can make trade packs in diamondshores/auroria in 1.7 or 1.8 but that's a long time to hold onto land just to make trade packs.

You can construct a cage to be "safe" in one of the 28x28 and all larger designs.

I say "safe" because I believe you can still be hit through the roof.

But yeah, nothing really special about DS, yet...

ironicsilence
03-09-2015, 11:40 AM
DS also has vendors to buy seeds/saplings/animals in. It being a safe zone used to be of interest as well. Its also more ascetically pleasing then the other Northern zones IMO

Evilsix
03-09-2015, 12:09 PM
There are large sparkly "mushrooms" there if you are into that sort of thing.

Cribstaxxx
03-09-2015, 12:12 PM
There won't be any mineral water in DS will there?

cvay
03-09-2015, 12:12 PM
Kinda hoping that a few players upsticks and go there so freeing some land where I currently am located. Given that I rarely travel the waters and never partake of PvP I doubt there will be any reason for me to go there. Fingers crossed that everyone else does. Then it certainly would have value.

Chuck Zitto
03-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Something nobody has mentioned yet. There is a fishstand in DS. In alpha it was extremely popular cus its the only fish stand to turn fish in up north. It was however a safe zone in alpha. As much as I love pvp and risk vs reward. I fear that nobody will use the fish stand though after a week or so because the turn in will probably be camped 24/7 by pirates and uber geared people. It worked well in alpha cus you could still steal/pirate peoples fish when they were out fishing or on the way to the fish stand. But if they made it there it was pretty much a safe turn in.

John Small
03-09-2015, 02:52 PM
You can construct a cage to be "safe" in one of the 28x28 and all larger designs.

I say "safe" because I believe you can still be hit through the roof.

But yeah, nothing really special about DS, yet...
I use to own a 2 story 28x28, did a lot of experimentation in it.

You can be aoed from any point on 2nd floor if they attack from the roof. They can vicious implosion you from any point on the 1st floor unless you completely surround the center of your house with boxes. You can make a cage if you want to make it harder to kill you but someone who is really determined can wait for their cds to do it. If you get the 28x28 with the balcony or patio its even easier to kill you.

noddy2
03-09-2015, 03:18 PM

You can be aoed from any point on 2nd floor if they attack from the roof. They can vicious implosion you from any point on the 1st floor unless you completely surround the center of your house with boxes. You can make a cage if you want to make it harder to kill you but someone who is really determined can wait for their cds to do it. If you get the 28x28 with the balcony or patio its even easier to kill you.

Thanks, I figured that was the case but never saved up enough GS to test.

Moly
03-09-2015, 03:27 PM

You can be aoed from any point....

Very right, only Blue tower mansion will be safe against AoE, but not against player whose use glitch to enter when door are closed

TranceFox
03-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Very right, only Blue tower mansion will be safe against AoE, but not against player whose use glitch to enter when door are closed

Actually no ones safe. Vicious Explosion sucks anyone right to you regardless of where they are in the house. Not to mention you can attack anyone through the door up to 4 meters away with the melee attack.

Moly
03-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Actually no ones safe. Vicious Explosion sucks anyone right to you regardless of where they are in the house. Not to mention you can attack anyone through the door up to 4 meters away with the melee attack.

You won't be able to do so on blue tower mansion 3rd floor

TranceFox
03-09-2015, 04:17 PM
You won't be able to do so on blue tower mansion 3rd floor

I've done it too many times to people in mansions over in cinderstone lol...

Moly
03-09-2015, 04:22 PM
There's no way to compare Blue tower mansion to others mansions