PDA

View Full Version : Failed to load game data

rappin
03-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Did the patch update and tried to login. Get the normal loader splash screen and it fails when it gets to those that nuia once divide. Restarted computer and glyph same error.
Would it be too much to ask that a game update actually go as planned for once so that everyone gets a level playing field?

Canofwhoopass
03-10-2015, 03:27 PM
i can't even ♥♥♥♥ing connect. i can't even get through character selection before "Gods have disconnected you" appears. no update ever go smooth for this ♥♥♥♥ing game

Darkpaw
03-10-2015, 03:30 PM
yea, Im havin the same issue. I get almost to the character selection screen and it blips off.
nerd rage!

Settsuu
03-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Do we have any answer on this error? I'm trying not to have to re-install. this is ♥♥♥♥ing annoying. I get home from work and now i have to do technical support for the game I want to play. Which is why i didn't take the day off cause I knew ♥♥♥♥ like this was going to happen.

Proumbro
03-10-2015, 06:32 PM
Tried reinstalling and after an hour, still the same error, someone help pls :(

Ilyanna
03-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Yep, I have the same message on one computer. My desktop that I left my character logged in to today. came home and saw that I had to update when I logged on my laptop, and that game loaded fine. But my desktop game will not load.

I did have the disconnected game still running in the background when I did the update through glyph... not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. But the comp that wasn't logged in loaded up fine. The comp that had the game running but disconnected from server when I updated through glyph is a no-go.

I have not tried reinstalling.

Ilyanna
03-10-2015, 08:29 PM
I play on NA, and I just found this in another thread, it worked for me...

UPDATE: POSSIBLE SOULTION (WORKED FOR ME)

this is what I did:

1- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live
2- Open history.txt
3- Replace "207077f" for this "206134"
4- Save and Close

Then re-open glyph and begin re-downloading 150mb patch, after that, it has to work

** my new download was a 220mb patch **

RocketRobinhood
03-10-2015, 10:51 PM
I play on NA, and I just found this in another thread, it worked for me...

UPDATE: POSSIBLE SOULTION (WORKED FOR ME)

this is what I did:

1- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live
2- Open history.txt
3- Replace "207077f" for this "206134"
4- Save and Close

Then re-open glyph and begin re-downloading 150mb patch, after that, it has to work

** my new download was a 220mb patch **

Thanks, this fixed it for me. My previous number was different, but the 206134 seemed to do the trick.

Fasti
03-10-2015, 11:37 PM
Hey all!

It looks like Ilyanna has already posted the fix that here, but I am posting a brief description of why it works, and something else we should try as well. If you run into anyone experiencing this error as well, make sure to point them to this forum thread.

The "Failed to Load Game Data" error usually happens because there was an error with the download of the latest patch data. Modifying your version in the history.txt file to a previous version will allow the game to download the latest patch again, usually resolving the error.

In addition, a patch can change enough game data that new permissions may need to be given to security software. Open any security software you use and add the full Glyph folder as an exception/allowed program.

The following steps will vary based on where you installed the game, but if you can find the history file and make these changes, this should resolve that error.

1. Restart your PC
2. Go to your installation path for AA (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live)
3. Open history.txt
4. Replace "222624f" with "221069f"
5. Save and Close
6. Start Glyph
7. Click Update

I hope this helps!

Noaani
03-11-2015, 02:06 AM
Hey all!

It looks like Ilyanna has already posted the fix that here, but I am posting a brief description of why it works, and something else we should try as well. If you run into anyone experiencing this error as well, make sure to point them to this forum thread.

The "Failed to Load Game Data" error usually happens because there was an error with the download of the latest patch data. Modifying your version in the history.txt file to a previous version will allow the game to download the latest patch again, usually resolving the error.

In addition, a patch can change enough game data that new permissions may need to be given to security software. Open any security software you use and add the full Glyph folder as an exception/allowed program.

The following steps will vary based on where you installed the game, but if you can find the history file and make these changes, this should resolve that error.

1. Restart your PC
2. Go to your installation path for AA (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live)
3. Open history.txt
4. Replace "222624f" with "221069f"
5. Save and Close
6. Start Glyph
7. Click Update

I hope this helps!Followed these steps, it said it can't update my files to the current version and needs to do a full download.

Speaking from a country where we pay our internet bill based on usage, this is complete ♥♥♥♥.

Fasti
03-11-2015, 03:59 AM
Followed these steps, it said it can't update my files to the current version and needs to do a full download.

Speaking from a country where we pay our internet bill based on usage, this is complete ♥♥♥♥.

That error usually comes when Glyph isn't pointing at the correct installation path. Before trying to install again, open Glyph and click the Settings tab at the top.

Once in the settings, go to the ArcheAge installation path and see if that is directed to the place where your ArcheAge folders are located.

If, nothing else works, and you do end up installing the game from scratch, make sure to restart your PC first, and follow the steps on this article (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/204185037-How-to-uninstall-ArcheAge) to remove all the necessary files.

Once the download is done, you can make a copy of your ArcheAge folder and put it aside so that if you have any trouble in the future, you can use this fresh copy without having to download again.

DoDzillia
03-11-2015, 06:15 AM
Fasti... You are telling me "game data" and "game dll" are the same thing huh?!!! Also I tried the steps and it said it can't update my files to the current version and needs to do a full download. (same as the last post.)

Fasti
03-11-2015, 06:21 AM
Fasti... You are telling me "game data" and "game dll" are the same thing huh?!!! Also I tried the steps and it said it can't update my files to the current version and needs to do a full download. (same as the last post.)

Nope! I am really sorry about that. I am opening up your previous thread and we'll work on the correct error. I missed that it was a DLL error.

DoDzillia
03-11-2015, 06:25 AM
Nope! I am really sorry about that. I am opening up your previous thread and we'll work on the correct error. I missed that it was a DLL error.

Thanks master :)

ManoCcC
09-15-2015, 10:38 PM
After last small update I have the same problem, "failed to load game data". What is the previous version? Is there something else I should do? My girlfriend's pc is loading normally. Perhaps there are some files I can copy?

Niobe
09-16-2015, 05:45 AM
May we get the fix for this please?

arby
09-20-2015, 12:31 AM
Sorry for dredging up an old thread. I'm having this problem and trying this right now, but it wants 2 hours to re-download?????

Is there a way to know a more recent patch number in case this happens again in the future?

Ademptio
10-07-2015, 01:17 AM
I will necro this thread cause I am having the same issue AGAIN.... What patch is it this time we need to fix?

Zerokill
10-07-2015, 01:54 AM
Hello. My current version is 251598f. Should i put a different number than the ones above?

I've tried with the number GM said and it downloads me the whole 9.5gb. Any help?