PDA

View Full Version : 281,250 T1 Accessories Required to Make One Ayanad Accessory (Handicrafts Get The Shaft)

Aired
03-10-2015, 03:48 PM
I just added T10 Ayanad to the datasheet.

I was hoping to test if any HC changes were made on PTS but didn't get a chance before the lock. Kinda disappointed

Here is a link to the datasheet if you want to see this INSANE math.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZJAS-h_iaKSL1Hul13gHBB57FnV9ep-Iy-jVNvGKHpI/edit?usp=sharing

Original Thread: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?162496-XL-Proud-is-Really-Proud-Of-Accessory-s-A-Look-At-Handcrafting

Morpayne
03-10-2015, 03:51 PM
In soviet Russia, crafting makes YOU

noddy2
03-10-2015, 04:12 PM
This is well known, don't do Handicrafts!

Jaradis
03-10-2015, 05:26 PM
see this INSANE math.

Your math is flawed for a few reasons. Main one being it doesn't take into account reforging.

That said... this game isn't designed where everyone can have the best of everything.

Aired
03-11-2015, 01:30 AM
Your math is flawed for a few reasons. Main one being it doesn't take into account reforging.

That said... this game isn't designed where everyone can have the best of everything.

Incorrect, I do take into account reforging. The only item that reforges into a guaranteed upgradeable is tier 1. To accommodate this fact I reduced the variant types of tier 1 from 3 to 2. I point this out in the original thread perhaps I should have mentioned it again.

After tier 1 any reforging would have the same odds to be upgradeable so from a labor perspective you are still crafting another item. Thus the math is correct.

Netsui
03-11-2015, 01:47 AM
If you like a flat chance of making it, about 1/2109375 or which is 4.7407407(repeating)e-7 to get an Ayanad, probably not even the one you want(Might even get Life, and good luck never selling that).
This is unless I've done my maths wrong(which I might have, very possible)

Valfreya
03-11-2015, 01:52 AM
Lol, and someone on my server in my guild got an Ayanad Ring Design >< what a waste of RNG

Zefyres
03-11-2015, 10:28 AM
That said... this game isn't designed where everyone can have the best of everything. It isn't that here... This one is a matter of Devs not thinking things through. There will probably be less than one of these made each year on every server... and knowing handicrafting procs, they'll probably be trash stats anyway. Otherwise it will be what, 0.1% better than delph?

I think handicrafting accessories need a complete redesign from the ground up. In most cases there is no diversity and only 1 clear best option for any given class.

Zefyres
03-11-2015, 11:20 AM
So I did some quick math and I'm getting in the order of 40 million labor points or around 40 years logged in on patron to supply the labor (excluding raw material labor cost/production) for one Ayanad accessory. Including materials production i have no idea.

Voluntaris
03-11-2015, 11:34 AM
None of those percentages really mean anything, as it is random every try.

One person could craft an Ayanad their first try (so long as they have the proficiency), while the next could never get above Artisan...ever.

Aired
03-11-2015, 12:18 PM

One person could craft an Ayanad their first try (so long as they have the proficiency), while the next could never get above Artisan...ever.

I get the spirit of what you mean, even though fundamentally it is untrue. These are the averages and as somebody who has spent easily over 2 million of labor in the craft, they do pan out.

Zefyres
03-11-2015, 12:50 PM

The point isn't that Ayanad can or can't be crafted on the first try in some alternate universe. It's that they won't exist as actual items in game because statistically, they're impossible to make. The Developers were wasting their time putting in a mechanic that will never actually be used.

Bruglione
03-12-2015, 02:10 AM
Lol, and someone on my server in my guild got an Ayanad Ring Design >< what a waste of RNG

This made me laugh, I would be upset xD

Arteminis
03-12-2015, 03:47 AM
i wanted to make a conquerors gale ring for the dream ring quest, so cause i didnt want to spend 700g on it i decided to buy a craftsman earth ring from the auction house and upgrade it, it kept proccing earth. i had it on magnificent earth before the patch cause i had only 30k handicraft, so i waited for the requirements to come down, and upgrade it the moment ayanad was online, this is what it became:

http://i.imgur.com/GLxKcGs.png

link to the reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2yp8fz/what_were_the_chances_to_proc_an_ayanad_accessory/

Mozam
03-12-2015, 06:55 AM
Oh boy. Not only did you use up all of your luck for progress in the game with this proc, you probably drew down your karmic quota of real life luck for this as well. You should retire to an isolated cabin tomorrow, and spend the remainder of your life's savings on rabbits' feet, four leaf clovers and horseshoes to avoid dying by freakish meteor impact.

Aired
03-13-2015, 03:33 PM
was hoping for a mention of this in Twitch but bupkiss

Ehrendil
03-16-2015, 04:44 AM
This is crazy...

I really hope Trion/XL has some plan to make Handicraft work the same way that armor and weapon ones.

Deejayx
03-17-2015, 10:31 AM
So, I've ding'd 90k Handi just over a week ago. 30k+ Machining thanks to reforging.

All I've to show for it, is an Illustrious Life ring.

I'd say Conqueror's level is the one that puts the kabosh on my crafts the most, with quite a few Conq Rings/Earrings/Necklaces. And once you get beyond Artificers...Artisans + require 4 of each type to reforge, which is ridic as well. 'Yes, get to this ultra hard tier to get to, then we require even more of the salvaged type to reforge...good luck'. But that's the same for Eph + Weapons/Armors...even tho...you know, Jewelery has that element of RNG from the start.

Now that they've mentioned that theres going to be archeum conversion...the price of Starlight Crystals skyrocketed 400% (roughly 50s a crystal on Calleil's AH cluster to over 2g each)...so...now its going to be even more expensive and less likely to be a profession worth a damn. GG.

Noaani
03-18-2015, 12:50 AM
I may be wrong, but I have heard that in either 1.7 or 1.8 jewelry crafting gets put in line with other crafts in terms of producing upgradable items until illustrous.

Mozam
03-19-2015, 10:07 AM
I may be wrong, but I have heard that in either 1.7 or 1.8 jewelry crafting gets put in line with other crafts in terms of producing upgradable items until illustrous.

I've seen people mention this in a few different forums. Someone asked about it in a live stream a few weeks ago and the Trion people in the feed couldn't confirm or deny it. They said "I don't know".

Noaani
03-19-2015, 11:28 AM
I've seen people mention this in a few different forums. Someone asked about it in a live stream a few weeks ago and the Trion people in the feed couldn't confirm or deny it. They said "I don't know".Yeah, they don't even know what is in the build they are delivered until they actually get in and run around the world to see...

As much as I hate to say it, Trion are not the people to ask about what is happening to this game in the future.

Aired
03-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Looks like another week with no more info.. nothing said in twich stream

Porks
03-20-2015, 06:03 PM
in other words, a life long journey.

AShmoor
03-26-2015, 11:14 AM
this thread just goes to prove that RNG has no place in crafting. Disclaimer:

Mozam
03-30-2015, 12:12 PM
Khrolan addressed handicraft in the livestream on March 27th. He said they know it's out of balance and it will "catch up" at some point in the future, but he didn't know what game build this will happen in.

TheDeacon
03-31-2015, 07:48 AM
Just asking are you assuming perfect conversion in reforging? You have that you would need 5 Delphs to get 1 Ayanad which the only way that is possible is if RNGesus grants you the earth upgrade able. If your making the assumption of perfect reforging then I don't see any mathematical errors.