PDA

View Full Version : Subscribes and better housing options?

Anstance
03-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Hello, I am making this forum being a bit irritated at the lack of options for housing chances.. I have checked literally every area thats possible to put a house to find it flooded with a guild controlling the entire area, or a player with multiple accounts or friends.

As a newbie player who wishes to throw a house down its just silly and impossible to lay down a house.. So I have a question opinion and a possible fix on this issue that so many people are having in the game..

Allow subscriber based people lay there housing anywhere in the game as long as its reasonable, and of course limit it to only housing so they dont lay scarecrows everywhere to control entire zones or what not... This gives people who truly want a house a chance to have one.. better income for game and solves a major in-game flaw... - Opinions please! And let the QQers who owns entire zones complain :)

Shakkara
03-10-2015, 06:21 PM
On almost all servers, there's freely available 16x16 housing. So either you're not looking or you've rolled on the busiest server.

TenDesires
03-10-2015, 06:23 PM
That's not a major flaw, it is designed to create a player-driven real-estate market.

maiyah
03-10-2015, 06:25 PM
What server are you on?
Have you considered buying instead of hoping to stumble over open land?
Have you not even found a space for an eight by eight?
Are you part of a guild?
Are you only looking in pve areas?
Have you looked in Auroria? Because I'm almost positive every server has some plots in Auroria for sale cheap, if not open and free.

Sucuri
03-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Hello, I am making this forum being a bit irritated at the lack of options for housing chances.. I have checked literally every area thats possible to put a house to find it flooded with a guild controlling the entire area, or a player with multiple accounts or friends.

As a newbie player who wishes to throw a house down its just silly and impossible to lay down a house.. So I have a question opinion and a possible fix on this issue that so many people are having in the game..

Allow subscriber based people lay there housing anywhere in the game as long as its reasonable, and of course limit it to only housing so they dont lay scarecrows everywhere to control entire zones or what not... This gives people who truly want a house a chance to have one.. better income for game and solves a major in-game flaw... - Opinions please! And let the QQers who owns entire zones complain :)

To sum up your post...
http://i.imgur.com/VNEeXyS.png

I Re rolled on a new server (2 weeks ago), nothing to my name, all I could find was an 8x8 spot (and don't even say none of those are around, cause they are). Doing very minimum work (Maybe 10 minutes, twice a day) on this 8x8 farm I was able to make 1,000g in 1 week. Which is (way) more then enough to buy out a few 16x16's i've seen for sale in the area. Was even able to snag an expiration for free down the road.

They also recently made it so you can only own 2 unbuilt properties at a time. People are also ditching the old world for Diamond Shores. Did you really look everywhere? Every single housing zoned area (tends to be a few per zone) and in every single zone, including the PvP ones? Did you check in Auroria? Cause I honestly doubt it. Hell I just demo'd 3 burning houses (on my main server) in one zone today and gave the spots out to guild mates.

But hey, yea your right, someone who just started the game should get access to everything someone who has been playing for 6 months now has. Who gives a ♥♥♥♥ how much time, gold, or energy they spent on it as long as the game fits all of your wants!

tldr - stop being lazy, and really look, cause there is a ton of land, (you might not start out with a 16x16 spot) if not right now, properties expire EVERY DAY.

Anstance
03-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Hardly, Driven for people who wish to hog an entire area for themselves to create one massive farm, Wheres the Real-estate market in that?

Kloee
03-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Hardly, Driven for people who wish to hog an entire area for themselves to create one massive farm, Wheres the Real-estate market in that?

Eminent domain.

Anstance
03-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Then educate me, How the hell did you manage 1kg in a week with an 8x8 farm?, Being sincere, I am interested

Sucuri
03-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Then educate me, How the hell did you manage 1kg in a week with an 8x8 farm?, Being sincere, I am interested

Be smart and learn what sells for what on the AH. It isn't that hard. To be honest you can even skip the 8x8, just run around the world and pick mature crap all over the place, skip the middle man of having to buy any seeds. Craft what is worth selling vs how much labor it costs to make. Utilize what you buy with loyalty points as well, some items are worth a lot on the AH. Not going to tell you exactly what I do, cause why would I want to screw myself? It is more then possible to get land though.

The sad thing is, there are even better ways to make money then what I do, I am just lazy as hell when it comes to size project servers XD

and to be honest, if all your are looking for is land, farming, crafting, trade pack running, re roll onto a dead server. You get all of that, a linked AH to still sell your junk for a profit, and little to no PvP issues in your way.

TheTruRealBroski
03-10-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm on one of the most populated servers in NA (Aranzeb ) and I find 2828 open up free to grab. U just need to look harder and pay attention to what's going up.

cvay
03-10-2015, 07:54 PM

It takes a little while but that is the point of the game. The way I did it was to start at the temporary farm where you can put down an 8x8. I also then planted up in the open in places that hardly got visited to do all my Blue Salt quests. I then went to the pumpkin patch in Solzreed where you are allowed just one 16 x 16. Got a clipper and did the Solz-Two Crown runs. I moved the 8x8 to the housing district and then levelled three more characters to 15 and got their 8x8s plus the scarecrows from the trade runs. After a month a house came up for sale which was 400 [ with the keys ]. I noticed yesterday there was a house for sale with the keys on the corners for 300. I then moved the small scarecrows to the front and side and then waited as a demo house came up and I got that and then the farm behind became available after three months. I now have two cottages and four farms plus a loom and I will wait until another comes up.

As I say takes time and you need to be patient. I have actually found several free spaces but never bothered with them I ride around a lot while doing my trade runs. When I started I couldn't even find a place for an 8x8. Much better now.

And I have never bought any land from a player.

As to those guilds.. well, I have seen them all come and go. The land ebbs and flows. Just watch for the tell tale signs and keep checking the dates. Taxes come round every week and it does get hard for folk. I can now put a 24 on my spot plus other farms and I guess I am growing into that person you hate. Tough... my game, my rules, craft conquer and all that. I work hard for what I have.

PS You can make a load of gold from trade runs and wild harvest. Wild Ginseng sells for a small fortune and I know all the spots they pop up. A donkey is your best option cus you can find all the places to plant stuff that very few would find. I was planting up the equiv of 3 16s in a space unprotected. Under trees is best and behind quest mobs. And then just do the ones that are easy to gather plus you can use the public farms etc. It is real easy to make a lot of gold if you are prepared to be imaginative. The least useful is a house to be honest. I can make more planting outside the protected zones and from wild harvest.... When I say wild harvest I am not talking the stuff you can buy from the vendor.

maiyah
03-10-2015, 07:55 PM
I'm sure you are interested in someone telling you exactly how to make gold, but every server cluster market is different. I made about 1k last week but what I sell/do might bring 100 gold on your server, or even less. You have to study your AH market for a week or three. Consider the things you buy or use. Look at prices, in short, study and make notes.