PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Shores land rushing + new patch

Vad
03-11-2015, 01:27 AM
So guys who managed to rush for Diamond shores and managed to get some land?

I personally found it quite funny after like 10 / 15 mins everything was pretty much taken :p on Kyprosa
I got myself a 24x24 and a 16x16 spot though which i'm planning on selling maybe.

But i have no idea how much the spots would be worth? Also will it maybe increase / decrease in time?

Also what are your thoughts about the new changes?

Kiamori
03-11-2015, 01:28 AM
On Naima everything was gone in 3 minutes.

With 1.8 "stratigic" land prices will skyrocket, and here is why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsb_4CBVfPs

Fargrist
03-11-2015, 01:34 AM
The Diamond Shores land has two benefits, it's close to the Library, and it has three climates at once, so you can happily have bananas, yatas, and polar bears!

The downsides are; PvP zone, and 3 hereafter teleports to the mainland, no trade runs in the area, and from memory, no fish packs can be handed in. The downsides make it like a Windscour zone with expensive teleports, but no trade routes, I'm not sure that's enough to maintain high land value once the novelty value wears off. But I expect many people will keep hanging on to the land there hoping to sell it one day, like they do in the wastelands of Auroria.

Wolfguarde
03-11-2015, 01:37 AM
...I'm sorry Kia, the only thing I got from that clip was that we get wings.

WE GET WINGS?

Vad
03-11-2015, 01:43 AM

Ye i've seen that video. I hope Trion is gonna take the lead and fix this game breaking system before it even gets released here. This is not how it should work, this is not how any of it should work!

The Diamond Shores land has two benefits, it's close to the Library, and it has three climates at once, so you can happily have bananas, yatas, and polar bears!

The downsides are; PvP zone, and 3 hereafter teleports to the mainland, no trade runs in the area, and from memory, no fish packs can be handed in. The downsides make it like a Windscour zone with expensive teleports, but no trade routes, I'm not sure that's enough to maintain high land value once the novelty value wears off. But I expect many people will keep hanging on to the land there hoping to sell it one day, like they do in the wastelands of Auroria.

Ye i see, well im hoping to sell it for a nice price, but currently no one has an idea of how much it's worth it :p

Fargrist
03-11-2015, 01:58 AM
Ye i've seen that video. I hope Trion is gonna take the lead and fix this game breaking system before it even gets released here. This is not how it should work, this is not how any of it should work!

Ye i see, well im hoping to sell it for a nice price, but currently no one has an idea of how much it's worth it :p

I guess one way to check is to give it 24 hours and see how many people have done something with their land, if the majority of land goes unbuilt or unfarmed then those owners are like you, hoping people want to buy land in Diamond Shores. If a lot of players start farming there, then that's a good sign that sales might be possible.

rye715
03-11-2015, 02:06 AM

Where can you get those wings???

LiB
03-11-2015, 02:06 AM
Tbh... I feel sorry for those who rushed for land there.
Unless you specifically need a climate that the majority of the crops/animals aren't optimal for (there's no temperate in that tri-climate) then the land in my opinion is worth less than the rest of auroria.

Dalriaden
03-11-2015, 02:07 AM
T no fish packs can be handed in.

there's a fish turn in scale on my map, so there is that.

Fargrist
03-11-2015, 02:30 AM
Tbh... I feel sorry for those who rushed for land there.
Unless you specifically need a climate that the majority of the crops/animals aren't optimal for (there's no temperate in that tri-climate) then the land in my opinion is worth less than the rest of auroria.

Another issue is that, at least on Kyrios, players were in Faction chat selling quite a bit of land before the update, this extra land in Diamond Shores means more Supply, which means lower prices in the old lands at least.

WarMir
03-11-2015, 02:42 AM
Land rush is not an issue, game is.
I see blind people, blind people everywhere..

LiB
03-11-2015, 03:08 AM
Land rush is not an issue, game is.
I see blind people, blind people everywhere..

RNG good.
Layers of RNG on RNG bad.

Fortunately a lot of the things the RNG are required for get boosts in 1.7 i.e Archeum via Trees.
Most people are just waiting.

Vad
03-11-2015, 03:42 AM
I guess one way to check is to give it 24 hours and see how many people have done something with their land, if the majority of land goes unbuilt or unfarmed then those owners are like you, hoping people want to buy land in Diamond Shores. If a lot of players start farming there, then that's a good sign that sales might be possible.

Ye i guess, that's a good point to check out. Thanks will keep it in mind

0n0w1c
03-11-2015, 05:49 AM
I have seen people "claim" to have purchased land for a few hundred and I have seen people "claim" to have sold for a few thousand... probably all lies.

Personally I think it is like this... all land was claimed, 50% for use and 50% for speculation/resale.
Of that 50% for resale... 80% will be sold, 20% will demo.

Just not that many people playing that "need" land anymore. DS land has a use for specialty farming/husbandry, but not worth giving up an arm and a leg for. There is open Auroria land that will be more useful/practical in the future than land in DS. So all in all, I would venture to say the value of DS will be about what other Auroria land sells for on your server... once the novelty wears off and reality hits home.

Aeducan76
03-11-2015, 06:07 AM
...I'm sorry Kia, the only thing I got from that clip was that we get wings.

WE GET WINGS?

Yeah sure - cash shop item

Khaler
03-11-2015, 06:09 AM
Those Diamond Shores properties will become much more valuable with 1.7 when they each become a private Peace zone. Especially if they're located along traffic areas where you can pick off opposing faction players.

LiB
03-11-2015, 06:14 AM
Those Diamond Shores properties will become much more valuable with 1.7 when they each become a private Peace zone. Especially if they're located along traffic areas where you can pick off opposing faction players.

As does every other zone that has neutral or war timers. The value is derived via comparisons with other areas.
When everything receives a boost you can't claim that one specific area's value increases due to it.

Cracker
03-11-2015, 06:46 AM
I didn't get swept up into the initial Auroria land rush. We talked about it, decided the lack of benefits didn't justify the trouble or taxes. Instead we focused efforts into securing land back in normal zones that other people were overlooking during that time when Auroria was the new fad. I expect Diamond Shores to be the same but I did secure two spots just in case I was wrong since I had seen the video with the new safe zone in play. I got lucky and got some land adjacent to what I would think would be a well traveled path in and out of the area so hopefully that might increase the value, I don't honestly know. I don't foresee myself burning hereafter stones all the time just to come up there other then the library. Triple climate zone doesn't really get me wet as I have no desire for bananas or polar bears.

sSaSs
03-11-2015, 06:56 AM

that's the 1.8 update, not the 1.7 so you need to wait at least 6 months at best, for it (if they don't change it).

Vad
03-11-2015, 07:36 AM
I didn't get swept up into the initial Auroria land rush. We talked about it, decided the lack of benefits didn't justify the trouble or taxes. Instead we focused efforts into securing land back in normal zones that other people were overlooking during that time when Auroria was the new fad. I expect Diamond Shores to be the same but I did secure two spots just in case I was wrong since I had seen the video with the new safe zone in play. I got lucky and got some land adjacent to what I would think would be a well traveled path in and out of the area so hopefully that might increase the value, I don't honestly know. I don't foresee myself burning hereafter stones all the time just to come up there other then the library. Triple climate zone doesn't really get me wet as I have no desire for bananas or polar bears.

I think it'll increase in time and the value of DS will get higher.
Also i guess the climate is only good if you want to plant things which varies. To get most profit of it.

that's the 1.8 update, not the 1.7 so you need to wait at least 6 months at best, for it (if they don't change it).

I hope they balance it, as from the video i saw with the ''peace private zone'' on youtube thats ridiculous that system cant be called working. So i realy hope they are gonna fix a balancing and not so ridiclous system if they want to put peace in housing places.

Solanthus
03-11-2015, 07:41 AM

our version will not have these safe zones.. not sure what you're on about.

Maraboo
03-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Day one had Im more land being advertized in all regions, as people move to DS or sell the stuff they land grabbed. I suspect prices will flatten to auroria prices in a couple days, which I think is one of the lower value zones.. All the land got scooped up on Tahyang very quickly, but i think the majority of old timers are already capped out with their land ownership. There are a bunch of newer players that need land, but will not have the gold to make the price go up at all. Plus with some people relocating to DS i suspect land will be easier to find on the mainland.

Waldo
03-11-2015, 07:46 AM
I saw no point to join the rush. I went there when peace was restored just to see what all that rush was about. Same old same old. Those lands will be more expensive than they are worth and a whole lot of people will be scammed because sellers don't use appraisals anymore. They will ask you to pay up front and when you do you can only hope you get what you paid for and you are not scammed or a grabber was faster than you.

Vad
03-11-2015, 08:43 AM
I saw no point to join the rush. I went there when peace was restored just to see what all that rush was about. Same old same old. Those lands will be more expensive than they are worth and a whole lot of people will be scammed because sellers don't use appraisals anymore. They will ask you to pay up front and when you do you can only hope you get what you paid for and you are not scammed or a grabber was faster than you.

Ye but there is a risk behind this. I'd say be the smarter one and go for the 50 / 50 payment might be a good advice for ppl who are wiling to risk the ordinary way without the appraisal certificate.

And if you are suspicious just ask around if that person can be trusted or not. I always get alot of information from the faction chat ^^
So just take care whilst doing so people.

By the way on a sidenote, your name reminds me of someone, do you know by any chance someone named Mecr? :p