PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading bound obsidian weapons.

subagga
03-11-2015, 04:03 PM
If one were to equip an obsidian weapon thus binding it, then if they were to upgrade it to the next tier does the bound status carry over, or does the new weapon become unbound / bind on equip?

AjuntaPall316
03-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Becomes un-bound until you equip it again

subagga
03-11-2015, 04:06 PM

Do you know this from experience or speculation?

Sephros
03-11-2015, 04:28 PM
It becomes unbound. Im up to iron sorrow and every upgrade was unbound

Solanthus
03-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Do you know this from experience or speculation?

It has been public knowledge that this was how Obsidian upgrades worked for a long time now.

When you upgrade, a new item is generated. Other than the rarity/quality, everything is new.

Bruglione
03-12-2015, 01:42 AM
Wait... What...?

Obsidian weapons are not bound...? You can trade them..........?

What....?

DarkManiako
03-12-2015, 01:45 AM
Wait... What...?

Obsidian weapons are not bound...? You can trade them..........?

What....?

Yeah, but their price is not high, because there is no real effort in crafting them, you just have to farm easy materials (before T5).
The price is close to the salvaged weapon you need to make them, that's the bigger % of the final price.

example:
if salvaged illustrius dagger is 200g, don't expect to sell an obsidian T1 dagger @500g if still green.

Bruglione
03-12-2015, 02:06 AM
Yeah, but their price is not high, because there is no real effort in crafting them, you just have to farm easy materials (before T5).
The price is close to the salvaged weapon you need to make them, that's the bigger % of the final price.

example:
if salvaged illustrius dagger is 200g, don't expect to sell an obsidian T1 dagger @500g if still green.

Yeah I get that, wasn't planning to sell them or anything, I'm actually REALLY dissapointed to hear this.
I thought this was finally something you just had to do by yourself to obtain, and could be proud of the end product.
But knowing you can just buy a T6 makes them a lot less awesome in my opinion.

And yeah, I realise a T6 will cost A ♥♥♥♥LOAD of gold, but still -.-

DarkManiako
03-12-2015, 02:11 AM
Yeah I get that, wasn't planning to sell them or anything, I'm actually REALLY dissapointed to hear this.
I thought this was finally something you just had to do by yourself to obtain, and could be proud of the end product.
But knowing you can just buy a T6 makes them a lot less awesome in my opinion.

And yeah, I realise a T6 will cost A ♥♥♥♥LOAD of gold, but still -.-

There are people that farm they own materias and craft things fighting against RNG and stuff... and players that spend months on fishing boat and sell all the archeum they found to buy already regraded items...
i'm just too unlucky to fight against RNG, i really tried to level up my profencies, but since i don't spend 500€/$ on credits to buy regrade crystals, i prefer the 2nd option.

Bruglione
03-12-2015, 07:41 AM
There are people that farm they own materias and craft things fighting against RNG and stuff... and players that spend months on fishing boat and sell all the archeum they found to buy already regraded items...
i'm just too unlucky to fight against RNG, i really tried to level up my profencies, but since i don't spend 500€/$ on credits to buy regrade crystals, i prefer the 2nd option.

Yeah I get that, but RNG is not (too much) involved with Obsidian weapons, and I really liked the idea of having to grind them 100% by yourself. That way, when you see someone walking around with a T6 Obsidian, you know he worked hard for it and you can respect the weapon a bit more. But that's just my opinion and the way I look at it personally. :)

DarkManiako
03-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Yeah I get that, but RNG is not (too much) involved with Obsidian weapons, and I really liked the idea of having to grind them 100% by yourself. That way, when you see someone walking around with a T6 Obsidian, you know he worked hard for it and you can respect the weapon a bit more. But that's just my opinion and the way I look at it personally. :)

The only RNG is regrading the T1 to celestial (or divine) before crafting the other tiers.
Why not regrading the T4+? Because with every craft it can go higher in rarity, so you have a little chance from T1 to T6 for an automatic regrade.

subagga
03-12-2015, 10:05 AM

example:

Cluster 1 AH, for me that's Aranzeb, all illustrious even salvaged are around ~600g-800g right now and all obsidian t1 is around 1000g. It snowballs upward from there. I'm not entirely sure if they're actually selling.

Cyberslasher
03-12-2015, 10:20 AM
sell all the archeum they found
Archeum they found
Archeum
Found
What game are you playing?

Linc
03-17-2015, 07:43 AM
Archeum they found
Archeum
Found
What game are you playing?

Right!? I sold all of my archeum from rumblings and bought a Fallen Wizard Staff (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/31937/) for hella cheap. This thing is equivalent to a T5 obsidian > epherium and ZERO archeum used. I'm trying to refrain from crafting anything until Archeum is fixed, but that flute is temping.

For the OP it kinda sucks that they are BoE, but they gotta give the CC warriors something to buy. On AH2 there is (was?) a divine T5 katana for 40k gold.

Silvershadow
03-18-2015, 06:52 AM
Right!? I sold all of my archeum from rumblings and bought a Fallen Wizard Staff (http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/31937/) for hella cheap. This thing is equivalent to a T5 obsidian > epherium and ZERO archeum used. I'm trying to refrain from crafting anything until Archeum is fixed, but that flute is temping.

For the OP it kinda sucks that they are BoE, but they gotta give the CC warriors something to buy. On AH2 there is (was?) a divine T5 katana for 40k gold.

Damn, you're so wrong.

The Fallen Wizard Staff has the same Stats as the Tier 4 (Fallen Prophet), which is slightly better than an Epherium Weapon.
It also misses the Magic Defense Penetration the Obsidian Staffs provide.

It's not that hard to get Archeum. Or rather, the salvaged Items arent that expensive.

And it's quite good they are BoE. Atleast some use for the otherwise useless Materials that drop and are BoP

Pwnocchio
03-19-2015, 06:48 AM

Oooh, that is nice.

Carlu
03-19-2015, 10:07 AM
I just spent all my money trying regrade one obsidian scepter and fail 30 times, 30!
It is not fair that some people get to the first, and I'm "working" day after day to lose it all in 1 minute. I leave the game ... good luck