PDA

View Full Version : Closing Store closes my game since last update

maiyah
03-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Every time I leave the in game store, the entire game closes, poof. Any ideas? This just started since the update.

gothashot
03-13-2015, 04:54 PM
bump hoping for response.

Fasti
03-14-2015, 04:36 AM
Hey there, I'd like to get more info to see what might be happening here.

You're able to open the store without issues, but every time you close the store window, the game closes entirely? Are there any error messages? Is the game crashing, or are you being disconnected?

Does this happen 100% of the time, or just most of the time?

Will the same thing happen if you open and close the store with a key stroke and also when clicking on the store icon?

gothashot
03-14-2015, 06:14 AM
Store opens fine. Can browse through it, buy things, confirmation and items go to my inventory, no problem. Upon attempting to close the marketplace, either by clicking the 'X' with the mouse or simply pressing the 'Esc' key, the game crashes to desktop. There are no error messages. The game just completely closes out.

Since the SoA patch, this has been the case for me every time I use the marketplace.

Fasti
03-14-2015, 06:18 AM
Thanks for clarifying for me. Since I am not seeing widespread reports of the issue, it's possible that this is caused by game data corruption, possibly with the latest patch. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you to run the last patch again, just to see if that corrects the issue.

Restart your PC for me first. Once that is done you can download the last patch data again by following the steps below.

These steps will vary based on where you originally installed the game, but if you can find the history file and make these changes, this should allow you to just get the latest patch data.

1. Restart your PC
2. Go to your installation path for AA (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live)
3. Open history.txt
4. Replace "222624f" with "221069f"
5. Save and Close
6. Start Glyph
7. Click Update

gothashot
03-14-2015, 06:32 AM
Says that it can not update, that I must re-download entire game. :( I am now starting this process. This will take quite a while. I will post my results upon completion.

Fasti
03-14-2015, 06:53 AM
Says that it can not update, that I must re-download entire game. :( I am now starting this process. This will take quite a while. I will post my results upon completion.

I am definitely sorry to hear that. Changing that patch number shouldn't cause a new download. Make sure Glyph is still pointing to the same installation path where the game is already installed. If it is, then it must be a larger file issue than I thought. Hpefully the new download will fix you up.

Stonelotus
03-14-2015, 07:44 AM
I reported the same issue, with closing the marketplace causing a CTD, happening on PTS during the last test cycle. At the time, it was not affecting me on Live NA. No one acknowledged my post, even though other players mentioned having the same problem.

I eventually ran into the additional problem of not being able to update so I reinstalled both PTS and Live

Since that time the crash started affecting me intermittently on Live. On PTS it happened 99%+ of the time. On Live it's probably closer to 75% for now.

maiyah
03-14-2015, 10:12 AM
Thanks for responding, Fasti. Yes it's 100% of the time, on my EU and NA characters. No error message, just everything closes instantly when I x out of the store. This even happens when I went to add credits and the new add credits web store opens. Closing the web store was fine, closing the in game store? Everything shut down to desktop. It's only since the update, never had an issue before that.

TBH, I'm hesitant to start following your advice, it seems that the other player is now having to re-download the entire game, and running into more problems.

Aphrael
03-14-2015, 11:30 AM
Can confirm this is happening to me occasionally on NA.

Myx
03-14-2015, 02:25 PM
Need information? treasure maps removed from the game, or they can knock out monsters that are indicated in the patch?

* Modified Treasure Maps:
- Maps can now only be found in party hunting areas in certain zones (Solzreed Peninsula, Falcorth Plains, Silent Forest, Gweonid Forest, Arcum Iris, Halcyona, Rookborne Basin). Now only come in Rare, Arcane, and Heroic grades.

I killed 2000 monsters in the location (Falcorth Plains) 35 elite but the cards did not fall

gothashot
03-14-2015, 02:41 PM
I have awful internet due to availability where I live....not gonna sugar coat it, it'll probably take me 2-3 days to re-download. I'm not upset about following Fasti's advice, though. It makes sense and really probably IS the solution to my problem. With as podunk as my internet is, I don't doubt that the patch didn't download properly. It also makes sense that 'tricking' Glyph into thinking that my local files have not yet been updated with the latest patch SHOULD work...just so happens that it did not.

I could get the full download done in around 22 hours, but I've got things that I need to do on the internet during that time, so I have to stop downloading periodically, so it takes me a couple days. Does it suck? Of course. Is it the end of the world? No. Snow's been melting here, I might go screw around in the river while I re-download. I can probably use the diversion anyway.

Blessingwolf
03-14-2015, 07:53 PM
This is happening to me as well. Just tried to close the Marketplace and my game crashed. This is not the first time it has happened. I am now very hesitant of buying things from the marketplace due to this.

Fasti
03-14-2015, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the additional reports, all. I am passing this info over to the team to investigate. I truly appreciate your patience. Gothashot, I also wanted to thank you for your understanding. Since you do have to download the game again, I do hope you'll have the hard drive space to store an extra copy of your ArcheAge folder, just in case you run into trouble again in the future.

gothashot
03-15-2015, 03:55 PM
@Fasti, yes, I am going to save a copy of my Archeage folder over to an external drive. I have less than an hour now until the download finishes. I'll post on whether or not I'm have the same issue or not upon completion and log-in.

SECRET
03-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Thanks for clarifying for me. Since I am not seeing widespread reports of the issue, it's possible that this is caused by game data corruption, possibly with the latest patch. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you to run the last patch again, just to see if that corrects the issue.

Restart your PC for me first. Once that is done you can download the last patch data again by following the steps below.

These steps will vary based on where you originally installed the game, but if you can find the history file and make these changes, this should allow you to just get the latest patch data.

1. Restart your PC
2. Go to your installation path for AA (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live)
3. Open history.txt
5. Save and Close
6. Start Glyph
7. Click Update

I am definitely sorry to hear that. Changing that patch number shouldn't cause a new download. Make sure Glyph is still pointing to the same installation path where the game is already installed. If it is, then it must be a larger file issue than I thought. Hpefully the new download will fix you up.

It's because you're telling people to replace the 'f' too so they add that in the line where it shouldn't be.

version 222624
f
Is how it's displayed inside the txt file for me. So you just replace the numbers, but he either added an extra f or he simply placed the f on the same line which I originally did when trying to redownload the patch and it will result in asking for you to completely redownload, it has to be on the line under it.

gothashot
03-15-2015, 07:59 PM
so re-install done. In game now. I can verify that the bug I was experiencing is gone. I have opened and closed the marketplace, creditwise and loyaltywise, in every way possible. The crash no longer happens. I'm experiencing painful lag and freezing whenever I try to do anything, but that is because I have to build up a new cache. One thing I've learned, with piss-poor internet, the worst advice you can take is to delete your cache. I can use the marketplace again, and that was my issue...so thanks, issue resolved.

gothashot
03-15-2015, 08:01 PM
It's because you're telling people to replace the 'f' too so they add that in the line where it shouldn't be.

I guess he simply just didn't notice it..

version 222624
f
Is how it's displayed inside the txt file. So you just replace the numbers, but he either added an extra f or he simply placed the f on the same line which will result in it asking for you to completely redownload, it has to be on the line under it.

in your history.txt is is displayed on 2 different lines like that? It was not in mine.

gothashot
03-15-2015, 08:04 PM
also, after the re-download, still have the 'f' on the same line as the numbers.

SECRET
03-15-2015, 08:27 PM

1. Restart your PC
3. Open history.txt
5. Save and Close
6. Start Glyph
7. Click Update

in your history.txt is is displayed on 2 different lines like that? It was not in mine.

Yeah, mine is like that, and I copied his original instructions and was asked to download the whole game again, so I changed it to what I said leaving the f on the line under it and it re downloaded the patch properly. That's why I assumed it'd be the same for the other guy probably since it asked him to completely redownload.

gothashot
03-15-2015, 09:25 PM
'The other guy' was me. Thanks for finding this and posting it. It will surely come in handy for future issues. :)

Melted
08-02-2015, 04:28 AM
Having this problem, over a year later...was there ever a fix?