PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge NA Maintenance: 3/17/15 at 8:00 AM PDT (GMT-7)

Scapes
03-16-2015, 12:39 PM
9:15 AM PDT: The North American servers are now available.

9:00 AM PDT: The North American servers have been restarted and are undergoing validation.

8:00 AM PDT: The North American servers are now offline for maintenance.

Adventurers,

The North American ArcheAge servers will be unavailable at 8:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Tuesday, March 17 for scheduled maintenance. The estimated duration for this downtime is two hours. In-game messaging will be broadcast in advance of the downtime.

Thanks for your patience!

Kino
03-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Pls gib moar archeum

#NaimaHype

Kurve
03-16-2015, 02:15 PM
What's this for?

just4me
03-16-2015, 02:32 PM
When are you going to learn ...stop with the estimated down times already! You never meet your expectations. 8|

MrZombie
03-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Wewt, hopefully it addresses some of the fps drops

LoveToDie
03-16-2015, 08:33 PM
Please tell me this is going to fix the Hitching in the graphics. It's horrible when you're planting crops of turning while using the camera!

AgetoAge
03-17-2015, 03:10 AM
When are you going to learn ...stop with the estimated down times already! You never meet your expectations. 8|

That is a lie they were on the dot for SOA release.

Budika
03-17-2015, 03:15 AM
woo first page before the rage

Kaylinsky
03-17-2015, 07:05 AM

Who cares if it goes longer that is why it is an "ESTIMATED" Downtime. Don't use it as an actual time use it as an estimation a goal they hope to meet and understand sometimes things happen and times get extended. i don't mind extensions if it helps the game in the long run. Patience is a virtue

Arialun
03-17-2015, 07:53 AM
What's this for?

Weekly maintenance, as usual.

It's better than them not giving any timeframe, which will brings more whining in the forum to no ends.

If 2 hours is what they estimated for the maintenance, so be it.They always updating the server status should it requires an extended maintenance time.

POOOT
03-17-2015, 07:55 AM
Is this patch going to be enabling offline labor regen for patrons at logged-in status?

maiyah
03-17-2015, 07:59 AM
Is this patch going to be enabling offline labor regen for patrons at logged-in status?

I think that won't be here for a few more weeks. Might be wrong though, for some reason I was thinking April was the rough time frame for that feature.

Scapes
03-17-2015, 08:01 AM

Scapes
03-17-2015, 08:02 AM
I think that won't be here for a few more weeks. Might be wrong though, for some reason I was thinking April was the rough time frame for that feature.

Yup, this will be introduced in an upcoming build, not during this maintenance.

Pluion
03-17-2015, 08:03 AM
i wonder what's gonna happen next. :D

Adrivavaleren
03-17-2015, 08:04 AM

hmmm wells i guess its time to do chores around the house thanks guys cause otherwise my dishes and stuff would never get done ps take extra time if you need it lol

AeroSolz
03-17-2015, 08:06 AM
Why wasnt this announced on the Client? i widh thye would b more vocal for when they do this.

the silver shadow
03-17-2015, 08:07 AM

^^what does this mean? how can u be online and offline at the same time?

Deganthral
03-17-2015, 08:08 AM
Weekly maintenance, as usual.

It's better than them not giving any timeframe, which will brings more whining in the forum to no ends.

If 2 hours is what they estimated for the maintenance, so be it.They always updating the server status should it requires an extended maintenance time.

And you know.. At least they Do that.... I have played some MMO's that Dont even let you know if there is an extension on Estimated down time.. they just go over and hope people dont whine to much... So be happy that the people of Arche age are so adamant about keeping us up to date with issues and delays..

KielWindsong
03-17-2015, 08:11 AM
Please tell me this is going to fix the Hitching in the graphics. It's horrible when you're planting crops of turning while using the camera!

This sounds like an issue on your end.

gwenhwyfar
03-17-2015, 08:12 AM
Why wasnt this announced on the Client? i widh thye would b more vocal for when they do this.

I saw it on my server, its a bright green message that shows up right in the middle of the screen, lol. :)

Aeryss
03-17-2015, 08:12 AM
Any news about archeum?
The prices in the AH is going crazy!

POOOT
03-17-2015, 08:14 AM
^^what does this mean? how can u be online and offline at the same time?

In an upcoming update, they have announced that patrons will generate labor at a logged-in rate (10LP every 5 minutes), even when logged out.

In other words, you won't have to leave your computer on all day and night to get max labor regen :D

POOOT
03-17-2015, 08:15 AM
Any news about archeum?
The prices in the AH is going crazy!

Yeah - starlight archeum will be able to be converted into sun/moonlight archeum (not sure if points or shards or crystals). But Starlight won't be worthless anymore.

Joshy
03-17-2015, 08:17 AM
This maintenance gonna fix the issue with people being able to bypass the combat animations? Really OP.

Aeryss
03-17-2015, 08:20 AM
Yeah - starlight archeum will be able to be converted into sun/moonlight archeum (not sure if points or shards or crystals). But Starlight won't be worthless anymore.

Good , but appears to be insufficient to fill the server demand

AaronAmeerBeg
03-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Also to this guy...
http://oi61.tinypic.com/214w401.jpg
Make sure that when you try to troll someone that you're IQ is twice that of your victim....
hmmmm better blur that.....

Also... WHY DID YOU HAVE TO PICK ME TO COME OUT TO!? COULDN'T YOU FIND NICHOLAS CAGE!?

saadislam98
03-17-2015, 08:24 AM

when are u going t learn that , they actually do most of the time and if ur pissed of what they say do one thing,..... Stop reading it...-_- dumb azz,

trunx
03-17-2015, 08:28 AM
changing coinpurse drop rates? iwish...

Armano
03-17-2015, 08:29 AM
if you are not from USA you can allways check time on: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/gmt-7/

Phillypop
03-17-2015, 08:33 AM

I'm just glad you trion boys were able to convince XL to get their heads outta their ♥♥♥♥♥ and let you do this. I seem to recall a thread somewhere about XL demanded the NA version not deviate drastically from the KO and RU versions and thus wouldn't allow the labor regen to be tweaked like that. And now, months later, as a result we have people that leave their accounts signed in 24/7 crowding your servers and making DDoS mitigation difficult.

randomboredom
03-17-2015, 08:35 AM
Please fix the Chat bug .. I couldn't talk 4 letter words or less in the game. and it's actually getting worst and worst, sometimes whole sentence doesn't come out at all. it's not like I am chat banned for few hours. it even last long for a week or days.. it's really annoying. it was fixed before but then it came back again.

the silver shadow
03-17-2015, 08:37 AM
In an upcoming update, they have announced that patrons will generate labor at a logged-in rate (10LP every 5 minutes), even when logged out.

In other words, you won't have to leave your computer on all day and night to get max labor regen :D

sweet. thanks for the info

Scapes
03-17-2015, 08:37 AM
I couldn't talk 4 letter words or less in the game.

That's odd. Be sure to file a report with details to our Support Team: http://support.trionworlds.com

Scapes
03-17-2015, 08:39 AM

We announce all upcoming outages with in-game broadcasts in advance of the downtime on all servers. Did they not appear for you?

Scapes
03-17-2015, 08:41 AM
This maintenance gonna fix the issue with people being able to bypass the combat animations? Really OP.

No, this is just a server maintenance. We've been watching a few forum threads on this topic but be sure to add your voice to them with more details.

Golde
03-17-2015, 08:42 AM
is time for Timber Coupe? how many days tell Timber Coupe 10days tell PTS?

the silver shadow
03-17-2015, 08:43 AM

if people have managed to do this they either have mad hacking skills or a variable S@#$ tonne of agility

Anxiety
03-17-2015, 08:43 AM
if people have managed to do this they either have mad hacking skills or a variable S@#$ tonne of agility

think you need to max your language skills, you seem to have a few @#$ in there.

Scapes
03-17-2015, 08:44 AM

This maintenance is just for the servers meaning no changes to the game. Our Support Team may be able to help you: http://support.trionworlds.com

maiyah
03-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Make sure that when you try to troll someone that you're IQ is twice that of your victim....

your*

/10 char

Scapes
03-17-2015, 08:46 AM
is time for Timber Coupe?

The return of the Timber Coupe is still a ways out, currently estimated for reintroduction closer to Patch 1.7.

Anxiety
Scapes, the support team will just tell them to reinstall windows after a long process of uninstalling and reinstalling everything ArcheAge & Not ArcheAge related. There's actually some issue in game causing FPS drops (doesn't seem to happen until after a few hours of gameplay however)

lHugOl
This maintenance will change the drop rate of the bags?
about, I'm unemployed, without money to spend in the game, I stop playing?

thanks

Theonn
03-17-2015, 08:47 AM
pegausus is still on track for friday?

MrZombie
03-17-2015, 08:48 AM
hmmmm better blur that.....

your*

edit: Ah, I see I was beat to the punch by maiyah

Phillypop
03-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Scapes, the support team will just tell them to reinstall windows after a long process of uninstalling and reinstalling everything ArcheAge & Not ArcheAge related. There's actually some issue in game causing FPS drops (doesn't seem to happen until after a few hours of gameplay however)

THIS is the infamous DX11 bug.. switch to DX9 mode like the rest of us have done since beta. its caused by a memory hole in the old cryengine "leaking" crap into your video memory and DirectX not clearing it out properly (you can actually accellerate the process by zone hopping a lot, textures for all zones are buffered to vram and never fully cleared when you leave)

Submin
about, I'm unemployed, without money to spend in the game, I stop playing?

thanks

even i don't have work and still playing the game.......

Ferric
It is good to see a lot less complaining here today. I normally come to see the expected wait time of the server and end up spending 20 minutes reading how negative everyone is.
While there are a lot of improvements that need to be made, I love AA and have no problem waiting for the fixes! Thanks for the updates Scapes.

Fuzzoro
03-17-2015, 08:55 AM
The return of the Timber Coupe is still a ways out, currently estimated for reintroduction closer to Patch 1.7.

ahhh... I R sad about this. Materials just sitting in my locker collecting dust. :(

Scapes
03-17-2015, 08:56 AM

No, this is just a server maintenance with no game changes.

xydrine
03-17-2015, 08:57 AM
No, this is just a server maintenance with no game changes.

Other than the resetting of danger levels, of course.

Phillypop
03-17-2015, 08:58 AM

You didnt wanna run packs outta sandeep to austera anyways did you...

Fuzzoro
03-17-2015, 08:59 AM
THIS is the infamous DX11 bug.. switch to DX9 mode like the rest of us have done since beta. its caused by a memory hole in the old cryengine "leaking" crap into your video memory and DirectX not clearing it out properly (you can actually accellerate the process by zone hopping a lot, textures for all zones are buffered to vram and never fully cleared when you leave)

This is probably equipment related. I have a similar issue on my laptop when I leave it on for a few hours. It seems to have a hard time loading new textures as I move around causing my graphics to stick and jerk as they load and its set to dx9(intel graphics). My rig at home has no problem even if I leave it on for days set at dx9 (Nvidia 980)... hard to say with all the gazillion different equipment combinations out in the world.

In either case when I set them to DX11 they crash out after a short while or I get graphics corruption. so don't use that mode for sure.

lynnmass
your*

edit: Ah, I see I was beat to the punch by maiyah

Why are you correcting people? Past participle of 'to beat' is 'beaten'.

xydrine
You didnt wanna run packs outta sandeep to austera anyways did you...

Perinoor/Windscour :).

Scapes
03-17-2015, 09:00 AM
9:00 AM PDT: The North American servers have been restarted and are undergoing validation.

Modescond
03-17-2015, 09:03 AM
We announce all upcoming outages with in-game broadcasts in advance of the downtime on all servers. Did they not appear for you?

the notices appear for me, but i often do not see the forum posts because i am not an avid forum-er and glyph barely shows the announcements in the bottom corner. Not so much an issue for regular repeating downtimes, but it is easily missed.

Painalchemist
03-17-2015, 09:03 AM

Your kidding me right? Handicraft is one of the worst professions in game and the RNG is nuts. So you want to make it even more difficult by raising the value of starlight? Getting an artisan level accessory is considered good. You won't even recover the cost to make it at that rate.

Physician
03-17-2015, 09:05 AM
found him at the hellswamp specialworkbench.

Need to be able for us to upload vid here...

I will send you the vid file I recorded !

Oscuro
03-17-2015, 09:05 AM
My gosling just done in time for trade pack,oh my god...

Zigzagkilla
03-17-2015, 09:14 AM

...care bear stare !!!

♥♥♥♥ use your weapons ffs, stop playing farmvilleage , and go earn some peace time ...

Myrgatroid
03-17-2015, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the updates Scapes, and for answering questions the player-base is posting throughout this thread. Though, kind of easy to understand why it maybe hasn't happened as often in the past ... answering the same questions over and over and reiterating topics that have been discussed ad nauseam for the past five days or so xD Either way, we like to see this level of involvement from the devs.

Zigzagkilla
found him at the hellswamp specialworkbench.

Need to be able for us to upload vid here...

Also in hellswamp on Salphira ... Teleport hackers seem to be back .. and are going to screw the trade runs again ... Scapes you gotta get the team on this one !!

dragon10121
Why are you correcting people? Past participle of 'to beat' is 'beaten'.

past participle is used incorrectly.To form the past participle, simply drop the infinitive ending (-ar, -er, -ir)

Munchiez
03-17-2015, 09:17 AM

You're right. It should say

"The North American ArcheAge servers will be unavailable at 8:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Tuesday, March 17 for scheduled maintenance, and will last until whenever we feel like it. In-game messaging will be broadcast in advance of the downtime."

That would go over well with the player base.

/sarcasm

Scapes
03-17-2015, 09:18 AM

Deganthral
03-17-2015, 09:18 AM

^
||
||
||
See Updated information on Server status.... Thank you Scapes, Its amazing how many people will complain EVEN if they are given all the information they are complaining about not getting.. XD

MrUbiquity
03-17-2015, 09:19 AM

Perfect timing, I just woke up.

Scapes
03-17-2015, 09:20 AM

Reach out to our Support Team with details: http://support.trionworlds.com

PandaPoo
how long til the Skateboard will be introduced?

NavyDragons

not really, its just certain ways of canceling long animation, feel free to try it out i believe its the frenzy ability that cancels that animation of triple slash so now you can triple slash and overwhelm faster than other people since you are no long limited by the animation timer of triple slash it should relly be fixed though

Myrgatroid
03-17-2015, 09:21 AM

Good work again, we really appreciate this! Even prior to SoA you guys had been doing a good job of getting the servers up within your expected time-frame (most of the time). Really seem to be evolving as a team and I feel I need to apologize for any past salt because I feel I've been proven wrong at this point!

Sedatephobia
03-17-2015, 09:22 AM
Er.. am I the only one who still can't get in? It's just set to "offline" for me

Munchiez
03-17-2015, 09:23 AM
Er.. am I the only one who still can't get in? It's just set to "offline" for me

Patience. Close game, open again lol.

Scapes
03-17-2015, 09:24 AM

Restart your Glyph client, should show the PLAY button.

JJDesigns
03-17-2015, 09:24 AM
Hey all I just wanted to let anyone know that If you need information on the famring and gathering materials in Archeage I have created a type of cheat sheet. The link is

http://jjames.info/article_farming_gathering_cheat_sheet.php

I am still adding information to it daily so if you dont see what you want now... come back in a few days and you might. Enjoy and Thanks.