PDA

View Full Version : Rules about Blocking NPCs and Private Farms with Vehicles

Khrolan
03-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Hi all,

There is a bit of gray area about this topic and the way we're interacting with it. We view intentionally blocking someone's private land or a public NPC with a vehicle as unintended game play. I know we've had confusion about this internally and externally and I'd like to officially clear it up. From this point forward any players who are found guilty of doing this will receive disciplinary action and risk destruction of their vehicle at the hands of a GM.

Please note that this situation is viewed separately from blockading and our stance on that has not changed.

-Khro

EmmJay
03-16-2015, 02:19 PM
smite thee o mighty smiter!

Traciatim
03-16-2015, 02:23 PM
It's nice to finally see some clarity in the rules instead of ambiguous wording. This is going to end up buried in the forums though, could it be added to a sticky of some sort or be stickied so that it doesn't get lost?

Kazuki
03-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Hi all,

There is a bit of gray area about this topic and the way we're interacting with it. We view intentionally blocking someone's private land or a public NPC with a vehicle as unintended game play. I know we've had confusion about this internally and externally and I'd like to officially clear it up. From this point forward any players who are found guilty of doing this will receive disciplinary action and risk destruction of their vehicle at the hands of a GM.

Please note that this situation is viewed separately from blockading and our stance on that has not changed.

-Khro

This makes no sense, your basically reacting instead of thinking. Your going balls deep on one safe zone issue, then turning around and jumping around saying "working as intended" on another. Either farmcarts are NOT supposed to be used as a blockage, or they are. You cant randomly jump into and out of the pool on this issue, next your going to tell us that hacking is ok, as long as you don't make any money with the hack -_- Pick a stance and stick with it for ALL instances of the issue, instead of cherry picking situations. Trying to figure out your freaking stance on something takes HOURS of searching through you forums because you refuse to hardline across the board on issues, instead cherry picking which parts of a specific situation qualify as bad so your own team doesn't have a clue. Seriously you need to make a constantly updated FAQ on the "rules of the day per Trion" so we can all check it to see whats going on.

noddy2
03-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Summoning forum trolls, calling all forum trolls - ermahgad the emergent gameplay!!!!

Won't somebody think of the carebears...

Or other random statements saying the game is being destroyed... because my gameplay and opinion is more valid...

toe nado
03-16-2015, 02:28 PM
This makes no sense, your basically reacting instead of thinking. Your going balls deep on one safe zone issue, then turning around and jumping around saying "working as intended" on another. Either farmcarts are NOT supposed to be used as a blockage, or they are. You cant randomly jump into and out of the pool on this issue, next your going to tell us that hacking is ok, as long as you don't make any money with the hack -_- Pick a stance and stick with it for ALL instances of the issue, instead of cherry picking situations. Trying to figure out your freaking stance on something takes HOURS of searching through you forums because you refuse to hardline across the board on issues, instead cherry picking which parts of a specific situation qualify as bad so your own team doesn't have a clue. Seriously you need to make a constantly updated FAQ on the "rules of the day per Trion" so we can all check it to see whats going on.

It couldn't be any clearer... Roadblocks are ok. Parking on peoples farms and preventing them from using their land is not.

Edit: I do agree that they need a better faq with this info in it, and need to train their customer service better. You can talk to 5 different CS reps and get 5 different answers each time.

Cheapneazy
03-16-2015, 02:29 PM

If you can get around the farm cart/blockade to reach your goal then its aloud if there is NO way to reach your goal ( cashing in /planting on your land) then its not.

Crazy Mike
03-16-2015, 02:30 PM
Gods WHIP them khro

notebene
03-16-2015, 02:31 PM
What if the NPC I'm trying to get to is the Gold Trader? :)

Traciatim
03-16-2015, 02:32 PM
What if the NPC I'm trying to get to is the Gold Trader? :)

If they are parked on top of the gold trader, take screen shots and report it... if they are blocking a road or other path to get there then go around.

Kazuki
03-16-2015, 02:37 PM
It couldn't be any clearer... Roadblocks are ok. Parking on peoples farms and preventing them from using their land is not.

So preventing people from doing one task is ok, preventing them from doing another is not? How is that clear, it raises questions for EVERYTHING you do in a farmcart because you can't know how the issue will fall, because they refuse to pick a side. The question is the same "can you blockade with an immovable object" and yet the answer is 100% different? Why? The end result is the same, and yet they come to two different conclusions SO MUCH so that their own GM team(you know the people they pay to enforce their own rules) have consistently been wrong about this topic. That is called a major failure at management level if your own people cant tell what you really want done after you make a decision, your rules should be clear cut enough that you GM team can function without running to you to get the "correct" explanation.

People who cherry pick rules end up with a ♥♥♥♥ ton of loop holes that come and bite them in the ♥♥♥, Trion is gonna learn that the hard way when they ban a wallet whale and they lawyer up for fraud.

Kazuki
03-16-2015, 02:40 PM
If you can get around the farm cart/blockade to reach your goal then its aloud if there is NO way to reach your goal ( cashing in /planting on your land) then its not.

A small guild can provide enough haulers to block EVERY path in a zone, making it impossible for the solo player to use that zone for tradepacks for days if they so choose. The result is the same(i.e. your farm can be anywhere, if your having this problem, move it to a pvp zone) the only difference is Trions RNG stance generation(I swear to god they pick up a magic 8 ball to figure out where they stand on ♥♥♥♥)

Traciatim
03-16-2015, 02:42 PM
A small guild can provide enough haulers to block EVERY path in a zone, making it impossible for the solo player to use that zone for tradepacks for days if they so choose. The result is the same(i.e. your farm can be anywhere, if your having this problem, move it to a pvp zone) the only difference is Trions RNG stance generation(I swear to god they pick up a magic 8 ball to figure out where they stand on ♥♥♥♥)

Actually ,I doubt you could get a whole guild to block every way in to a gold trader with absolutely 0 way around. Yet one person can do that to a person's farm or a gold trader just by parking on top of them in the right way.

toe nado
03-16-2015, 02:44 PM
So preventing people from doing one task is ok, preventing them from doing another is not? How is that clear, it raises questions for EVERYTHING you do in a farmcart because you can't know how the issue will fall, because they refuse to pick a side. The question is the same "can you blockade with an immovable object" and yet the answer is 100% different? Why? The end result is the same, and yet they come to two different conclusions SO MUCH so that their own GM team(you know the people they pay to enforce their own rules) have consistently been wrong about this topic. That is called a major failure at management level if your own people cant tell what you really want done after you make a decision, your rules should be clear cut enough that you GM team can function without running to you to get the "correct" explanation.

People who cherry pick rules end up with a ♥♥♥♥ ton of loop holes that come and bite them in the ♥♥♥, Trion is gonna learn that the hard way when they ban a wallet whale and they lawyer up for fraud.

I don't agree that one is ok and the other isn't. I think roadblocks should also be against the rules. But trion has made their stance on the issue, and at least they have the common sense to see that using peoples farms as a parking lot is not working as intended gameplay.

Cheapneazy
03-16-2015, 02:44 PM
single person can carry 1 pac at a time ( takes longer but CAN be done) and I don't care how many players a guild has there is NO way to block every path to a trader.
But nice try ;)

Kazuki
03-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Actually ,I doubt you could get a whole guild to block every way in to a gold trader with absolutely 0 way around. Yet one person can do that to a person's farm or a gold trader just by parking on top of them in the right way.

2 or 3 paths through vill, if you get them to riders escape early before the water, they have to wait however long the cooldown is to get across the water, one more at the end of the zone and you have an hour plus ride through just vill.........but usually you just funnel them past the world boss and then agro it on them to get the packs...........you know because by the time they realize its coming for them its too late and the boss has killed their cart. Good times.........yah.......

Traciatim
03-16-2015, 02:48 PM
single person can carry 1 pac at a time ( takes longer but CAN be done) and I don't care how many players a guild has there is NO way to block every path to a trader.
But nice try ;)

I wouldn't say there is no way... you'd be surprised at the ingenuity of griefing a-holes.

Traciatim
03-16-2015, 02:49 PM
2 or 3 paths through vill, if you get them to riders escape early before the water, they have to wait however long the cooldown is to get across the water, one more at the end of the zone and you have an hour plus ride through just vill.........but usually you just funnel them past the world boss and then agro it on them to get the packs...........you know because by the time they realize its coming for them its too late and the boss has killed their cart. Good times.........yah.......

and they can just get a guildy or another person with a cart to come over and move them manually. or they could get a merchant ship and go around vill... there ARE ways around even if it's inconvenient. There are NO ways around someone AFK on your farm.

Kazuki
03-16-2015, 02:58 PM
and they can just get a guildy or another person with a cart to come over and move them manually. or they could get a merchant ship and go around vill... there ARE ways around even if it's inconvenient. There are NO ways around someone AFK on your farm.

You move your farm. Its pretty inconvenient but gosh, there is a way around, and hell you dont even have to get somebody else to help you(bonus for trion, more tax certs bought, its prefect). Its perfectly fine.............no seriously that line of logic is stupid as hell. It assumes that somebody else can drop what they are doing to save you/you know somebody online. This gameplay only exists because of the broken Farmcarts, you can't stand there and say one greifing method is totally valid and another is not when the issue in question is the same. Its stupid.

Waldo
03-16-2015, 03:08 PM
How do you get that to happen. Do we have to just shout in our game chat for a GM?

Meridian
03-16-2015, 03:10 PM
This is why I like farms in pvp zones.

Traciatim
03-16-2015, 03:15 PM
You move your farm. Its pretty inconvenient but gosh, there is a way around, and hell you dont even have to get somebody else to help you(bonus for trion, more tax certs bought, its prefect). Its perfectly fine.............no seriously that line of logic is stupid as hell. It assumes that somebody else can drop what they are doing to save you/you know somebody online. This gameplay only exists because of the broken Farmcarts, you can't stand there and say one greifing method is totally valid and another is not when the issue in question is the same. Its stupid.

Almost like it's an MMO and it's supposed to be played with people. Moving your farm because some ♥♥♥ hat is an idiot isn't really an option, especially on servers where there is little land left. Changing from going on one road to another road is a valid gameplay option though, so if some idiot wants to block a road they can feel free. If you say it takes a whole guild to actually block someone... but it only takes 2 people to get around whatever blocks they come up with then it's not really a problem and that's why you don't see it happen.

Traciatim
03-16-2015, 03:18 PM
How do you get that to happen. Do we have to just shout in our game chat for a GM?

Take screenshots, report it through the support page.

Weyrloga
03-16-2015, 03:23 PM
After reading of the current douchbaggery being perpetrated by the angry maladjusted neckbeards who feel the need to ruin others gaming experience I'm very ♥♥♥♥ing glad I quit playing months ago.

Sophitya
03-16-2015, 04:07 PM
My laughters at Kazuki for being a crybaby because he can no longer grief in safe zones. Let me give you a hug and a tissue.

Caledric
03-16-2015, 07:36 PM
After reading of the current douchbaggery being perpetrated by the angry maladjusted neckbeards who feel the need to ruin others gaming experience I'm very ♥♥♥♥ing glad I quit playing months ago.

Except it doesn't actually happen. On very rare occasions a single path will be blocked by 1 or 2 players, there are never any instances where ALL the roads are blocked. No guild or player is going to waste time on that.

Pleasedonthitme
03-16-2015, 07:38 PM
My laughters at Kazuki for being a crybaby because he can no longer grief in safe zones. Let me give you a hug and a tissue.

I laugh at you missing the point because your well.....yah....merx don't raise smart guildies.

I dont want the blocking to be allowed, and the only way to force the issue is to MAKE it an issue. Trion wont change it's stance on trade route blocking because it would require alot of work, and they wont REALLY enforce this after the first few days because it again, requires work. This is a stop gap measure to appease people, they take DAYS to get back to people about payment issues, how long do you think it would take them to deal with a blocking person? Weeks? Probably longer. Add in the fact that they don't really have to do anything about it, just claim they did and slap the person on the wrists if they are not doing it at that exact moment. Tomorrow the greifers will figure out something new for you to ♥♥♥♥♥ at, and Trion will laugh its way to the bank because they are not being forced to fix things.

Olath
03-16-2015, 07:48 PM
If they are parked on top of the gold trader, take screen shots and report it... if they are blocking a road or other path to get there then go around.

And if they have all paths to gold trader blocked? then what.. its a blockade, so allowed.. but it prevents the interaction with an NPC, so is not allowed.. It cannot be both ways. Either blocking IS allowed, or IS NOT allowed. for ALL cases with it.

Olath
03-16-2015, 07:50 PM

It is possible, Ive seen it done. Ive also seen entire maps blocked off via cart routes, ships blocking water routes, and no air routes to get out. As soon as the zone goes back to PVP, ur screwed unless you put your packs back on your farm for another day.

Olath
03-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Almost like it's an MMO and it's supposed to be played with people. Moving your farm because some ♥♥♥ hat is an idiot isn't really an option, especially on servers where there is little land left. Changing from going on one road to another road is a valid gameplay option though, so if some idiot wants to block a road they can feel free. If you say it takes a whole guild to actually block someone... but it only takes 2 people to get around whatever blocks they come up with then it's not really a problem and that's why you don't see it happen.

Like i said above, and if they block ALL roads (It IS possible).

Janek
03-16-2015, 08:47 PM
its bad move Khro..

now u saying some1 can be punished for blocking land..or trader
Im asking u Where were GM\s when around 2 months ago we had on ALL servers FLOWERS bug/exploiters???
they used that exploit bug over 2 months!!!, many ppl reported them by tickets and live chat and your CREW did nothing...
alot of ppl on all servers lost haulers, lost packs, alot of your customers quited game because your support cant handle the situation..

and now u are trying to be like a super hero and u are throwing new game rulez??

Rubius
03-16-2015, 09:02 PM
This should be a good move for the future. Nice to see this stance being taken - better late than never. :)

Pleasedonthitme
03-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Really? Your bridge blocking stance created your so-called "gray area" and now you're calling out another "Emergent Gameplay" tactic..What a ♥♥♥♥ing hypocrite!
Khro..you really need another line of work far away from games.
The only way to contact a GM is through a support ticket, which takes days. If you really believe they are going to enforce anything, I have a beach front house in Oklahoma that you might be interested in. They might make an effort for a few days, kill a couple carts, make a bit of a show of it(really giving them the benefit of the doubt here but yah). But this time next week? This kind of thing will be so far down the support Queue that you will get a mail letting you know they told that dirty no good to knock it off about a month later after the guy has quit the game, tried to sell his account and gotten banned for it. Trion's GM/support staff is either overworked, understaffed or just not efficient(and I honestly have no clue which) so support issues that dont involve payment might as well not exist.

Rondache
03-16-2015, 11:03 PM
This stance makes perfect sense to me.

Anything people use in an active manner (anything you click on, essentially) should not be blocked. The path between those things - have at it.

I can't say I am thrilled about it, but it is clear what the rules are so I have no reason to complain.

Simonz
03-16-2015, 11:07 PM

The Rules are very simple and clear, if it's too hard for you to understand well you can apply this
"Stop being an ♥♥♥ hole and you will be safe"

I know it's quite hard for some people ...

Solanthus
03-16-2015, 11:12 PM

Wait, are you telling the devs what they can or cannot do?

Pretty sure they make the rules and you abide by them, or you can exit stage left.

Waldo
03-16-2015, 11:22 PM
Wait, are you telling the devs what they can or cannot do?

Pretty sure they make the rules and you abide by them, or you can exit stage left.

Stop feeding the troll. He is just playing devil's advocate. ;-)

meaghs
03-16-2015, 11:34 PM
clear and well reasoned. The rule is welcome! ty

Traciatim
03-17-2015, 05:01 AM
Like i said above, and if they block ALL roads (It IS possible).

Against one person, maybe... but not all roads and all oceans and certainly not against 2 people.

Iolari
03-17-2015, 06:01 AM

Repeated for emphasis.

BusterMcKnuckles
03-17-2015, 07:26 AM
So whats the point of even making a distinction? At what point does a blockade become "blocking an npc"? 10 feet from the gold trader? 20? a half mile?

RichWhale
03-17-2015, 07:29 AM

Yup, you summed that up pretty well. And then Trino wonders why so many people left the game.. believe me crap like this is directly related to the hole this game is falling into.

Traciatim
03-17-2015, 07:33 AM
So whats the point of even making a distinction? At what point does a blockade become "blocking an npc"? 10 feet from the gold trader? 20? a half mile?

Being directly on top of it, in essence they are inside your vehicle because the vehicle collisions don't work. Sometimes if you park it just right with a hauler you can even get them to lift their legs so people can't even rotate their camera down to try to interact with it. If you are a red to the person trying to interact it almost always ends up that they auto attack you triggering the guards to kill them and you get a free pack.

Technically parking 4 haulers around the NPC in a square would be fine, but most people know how to just unload outside and hop over or can interact from the outside of the blockade if they get close enough.

kimoy
03-17-2015, 07:51 AM
Few weeks ago, some random green did this to a reds group and I followed along for the lulz

Arialun
03-17-2015, 08:05 AM
Hi all,

-Khro

Instead of putting an important post like this a little bit here and there, it is time Trion and perhaps, you as the Producer to put a consolidated FAQ for everything that everyone need to know about the DO's and DON'Ts in this game.

- Put a definitive stance regarding all the unintended gameplay in this game that are allowed or otherwise, according to Trion.
- Pinned the FAQ if you will, make it noticable somewhere in the main forum page, if you will.
- http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?24222-ArcheAge-FAQ-Forum-Edition <---- this FAQ is a little bit dated, perhaps this is a good time to replace it and put a new information based on what you guys (Trion) has decided during the previous discussion, be it internally or in the previous and recent livestream.

I believe you and the rest of AA team can work this out, just as Scapes did with the long-awaited trading subforums. I and perhaps some of us still have faith in you guys in making this game survives for many months to come.

Jeremiah179
03-17-2015, 08:17 AM
Targeted Harassment/Stalking - This includes any action done by a blocked player with the express intent of continuing the harassment of a player. An example of this would be getting blocked on one character and then creating a new character in order to continue the harassment of the player who had previously blocked you on your different character. Instances of this count as a major violation of our Code of Conduct.

Griefing - This refers to players who do not play the game as it was intended, but instead seek to harass other players as their main focal point. This includes stalking or attempting to kill another player's character that has no means of recourse within the game. To "grief" simply means that you are trying to negatively impact the game play experience of another player. A player on the opposite faction cannot be griefed. It is perfectly acceptable to take actions in order to get a player of the opposite faction killed using whatever means possible.

Pretty simple to read and understand really - they should not of needed to make a ruling on this. If you run and block someones farm in a warzone or something or to force someone to travel with packs somewhere else intending to take them away... I imagine that would be intended gameplay. If you simply grief them with carts on farm 24/7 to harass them... read above. Last, it seems you could indeed park your carts permanently on a "red" farm perhaps during peace time in Halcyona? Would this break the "new rule"?

They should of been able to handle the harassment complaint without making a new rule - unfortunately the GMs seem to make $8 per hour and just above a 6th grade education. I have a higher percent chance of getting a correct answer with a google search than by a support request. (I have had bad luck with misinformation and wrong answers from GMs lol)

Imperialsun
03-17-2015, 08:19 AM
This is just plain game mis-management on Trion's part. Griefing is a very serious issue with players and always has been. For Crow to come out months ago and declare one griefing tactic to be ok, but then say another similar one is not is just Trion not knowing what is fair, not listening to their players and is muddling the issue about what is considered fair gameplay. They have no control over AA and continue to grab at your wallets while driving the game into the ground. Why anyone would think things are going to change and continue to play is beyond me.
Such a sad display for a potentially great game.

Honestly, I'm not usually one to play the "don't let the door hit you on the way out card" because I think it's a dangerous way to label players who have legitimate issues or who are otherwise burnt out on the game.

But with you, honestly, if you genuinely believe half the stuff you spout on these forums then why are you still here? If I "honestly", and the key word there is "honestly" believed even half the negative stuff that you seem to about the game, me and my wallet would be long gone.

Serious question....why do you continue to play and support the game?

Trion seems to know exactly what is fair and what is not fair, by their definitions and not yours. Blocking someone's land or blocking access to an npc is not fair. Blocking bridges / trade routes is fair. That's it. End of story.

Trion not listening to you personally, does not equal not listening to their customers. They sure seem to be listening to, for example, all of the players in this thread who welcome the clarification on blocking farms / npcs being against the rules.

If Trion deliver on the stuff they have outlined in the recent stream then the game will be undeniably in better shape than ever as far as the NA/EU version is concerned and is definitely moving in a better direction. The sort of direction that will hopefully encourage more players, both new and old to re-visit the game.

I'm sorry that this pisses you off so much, but meh, it is what it is.

Theonn
03-17-2015, 08:20 AM
i like this and i think its clear.

you may try to block a user to get to an npc. but you cannot make it impossible. it seems fairl

Scapes
03-17-2015, 10:22 AM
So preventing people from doing one task is ok, preventing them from doing another is not?

Blockades of roads or waterways are not absolute as there are ample methods of circumventing them. Blocking an NPC or farm by covering either with a vehicle does not have the same workarounds and is not permitted.

Trixologist
03-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Blockades of roads or waterways are not absolute as there are ample methods of circumventing them. Blocking an NPC or farm by covering either with a vehicle does not have the same workarounds and is not permitted.

What a simple and beautiful worded "IN YO FACE KAZUKI, now sit tf down."
Well done Scapes.

Kazuki
03-17-2015, 12:17 PM

Because farms can't be moved am I right.....oh wait no I already covered that. The behavior is avoidable and you can work around it just like with cart blocking. And like with cart blocking, the behavior usually ends up costing you money/time. The difference is negligible to anybody who has been forced to go through an area with mobs and had their cart destroyed as a result. It is still a loss of time, money and production.

What a simple and beautiful worded "IN YO FACE KAZUKI, now sit tf down."
Well done Scapes.

Uh......so somebody with authority makes a counterpoint and I have to stop having an opinion? Why? The sad fact is your to caught up in some nerd rage to realize we are probably on the same side of the argument. I want cart blocking as a whole gone, by allowing any part of it, you open up avenues for griefing until, as they had to do in this thread, you point out each specific new tactic as wrong. It is a pointless roller coaster rule set that forces the GM/support team to sit on their thumbs about new issues until the "dev" team steps in and decided the "correct" action.

Bunnyleptic
03-17-2015, 01:10 PM
Thank you Khrolan for making this clear. I am happy that at least our lands are save from grievers.

Good job on making a stance on this and keep it up.

Garick
03-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Because farms can't be moved am I right.....oh wait no I already covered that. The behavior is avoidable and you can work around it just like with cart blocking. And like with cart blocking, the behavior usually ends up costing you money/time. The difference is negligible to anybody who has been forced to go through an area with mobs and had their cart destroyed as a result. It is still a loss of time, money and production.

You are exactly right, Farms generally CANNOT be moved due to the fact that land is pretty much all taken up. So to move a typical 16x16 farm, first you need to locate a spot... there are none that are freely open. Second, you need to pull down the original farm and move that farm to the new location which would be taken now by the griefer for that very purpose and then your old spot would be taken as well by the same person leaving you with NO place for a farm now.

As for the wagon blocking issue.

1. Guildies can help move packs at the very least One at a time.
2. You can have friends bring their tractors and just leapfrog through the blockade until in open land.
3. You can wait or go by water bypassing alot of these blockades.

and the list goes on. Regardless of the way you choose even if you decide to just go back home you've really lost nothing but some time unlike having a farm blocked which makes it impossible to do anything including growing things to actually make packs to trade.

AlbertaBeefy
03-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Except it doesn't actually happen. On very rare occasions a single path will be blocked by 1 or 2 players, there are never any instances where ALL the roads are blocked. No guild or player is going to waste time on that.
Except you're incorrect as there's been entire guilds on some servers dedicated to this type of griefing as their entire way of AA life ...

Pleasedonthitme
03-17-2015, 03:49 PM
You are exactly right, Farms generally CANNOT be moved due to the fact that land is pretty much all taken up. So to move a typical 16x16 farm, first you need to locate a spot... there are none that are freely open. Second, you need to pull down the original farm and move that farm to the new location which would be taken now by the griefer for that very purpose and then your old spot would be taken as well by the same person leaving you with NO place for a farm now.

As for the wagon blocking issue.

1. Guildies can help move packs at the very least One at a time.
2. You can have friends bring their tractors and just leapfrog through the blockade until in open land.
3. You can wait or go by water bypassing alot of these blockades.

and the list goes on. Regardless of the way you choose even if you decide to just go back home you've really lost nothing but some time unlike having a farm blocked which makes it impossible to do anything including growing things to actually make packs to trade.

What server are you on, cause I don't buy the whole "there is no free land" thing anymore.

HackTheGibson
03-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Hi all,

-Khro
@Khroland its a sandbox game, i think u mistaken forums with that post :D

Scapes
03-18-2015, 12:34 AM
At what point does a blockade become "blocking an npc"?

When a vehicle is used to cover the NPC model itself, preventing access by others.

TimeViewer
03-18-2015, 02:02 AM
When a vehicle is used to cover the NPC model itself, preventing access by others.

So in other words people can surround an NPC with vehicles so nobody can get to it and that's legal but if they're on top of it that's not, yeah sure, sorry but sounds like BS half stepping

Dottie
03-18-2015, 03:29 AM
Kazuki is 100% correct. It makes no sense to allow carts to be used for blocking in ANY way. AFK players should not be allowed to effect the game play of people who are actually in the game trying to play.

Sidious
03-18-2015, 06:09 AM

Agreed, albiet angry

Ahnastashia
03-18-2015, 07:25 AM
i like this and i think its clear.

you may try to block a user to get to an npc. but you cannot make it impossible. it seems fairl

Agreed. It's also fair that you can't sit with your vehicles on someone's personal land and prevent them from being able to use it. I completely agree with the clarification, and appreciate Trion for making it.

Rondache
03-18-2015, 10:19 AM
So in other words people can surround an NPC with vehicles so nobody can get to it and that's legal but if they're on top of it that's not, yeah sure, sorry but sounds like BS half steppingSurrounding an NPC is easy to deal with... lock your hauler so no one can steal it and jump over the blockade. If said blockade is so large that it takes more than 90 seconds to get to the NPC and back then those that organised it deserve some serious kudos.

balzor
03-18-2015, 11:47 AM
Eliminate all safe zones, problem solved. As a bonus AA would be 10000000 times funner

Kazuki
03-18-2015, 02:24 PM
Eliminate all safe zones, problem solved. As a bonus AA would be 10000000 times funner

At most 3x more fun, but at the same time it would lose a large portion of the community not interested in all the time PVP(also everything trade pack related would have to get a MAJOR adjustment so that you could afford guards)

balzor
03-18-2015, 02:29 PM
At most 3x more fun, but at the same time it would lose a large portion of the community not interested in all the time PVP(also everything trade pack related would have to get a MAJOR adjustment so that you could afford guards)

Yea I know it would never happen, I just miss the ol UO days.

Richard Lionheart
03-18-2015, 03:44 PM
Hi all,

-Khro

Easy solution, undo the fix with the flirtatious flowers. Allowing AFK individuals on those properties to be removed by the player. I understand there was an issue with repeated use preventing player ever having an opportunity to refresh the owners mark, but add a 30second cool down to the items. Easy fix. Aslong as owners mark is up, then theres nothing to worry about.

Marlster
03-19-2015, 01:16 AM

so err hmm. no its gone ohh...err no hmm ohh yeah i got it....no gone again....

so your saying blockaders can make it difficult for you but not impossible... they can only blockade you a little bit????
define difficult/impossible for lone new player difficult/impossible have a different line in the sand
forcing sum1 to have to use a tradeship to get around doable for some IMPOSSIBLE for others does this player without access to tradeship then report all who block him saying they made it IMPOSSIBLE for HIM

Scum
03-19-2015, 04:53 PM

Let's say you take at least 5 people, put them in haulers, pick someone running packs through a safe zone in haulers, and run all your 5 haulers into them (not near a bridge or narrow crossing, just surrounding them and ramming into them, which sticks the vehicles hopelessly together). You then demand ransom, and collect the tears.

Is it Trion's stance that there are *enough* workarounds to deal with this issue to be considered "ample"? This seems like a gray area in between the farm/NPC issue, and the standard roadblock issue; as workarounds do exist, but not as many as exist when someone simply statically blocks a road or bridge. this is actually something that people do on my server, so it's not a hypothetical question, but I haven't seen an answer yet. *edit* As people have pointed out, covering a farm with a vehicle does have a workaround: move your farm. covering an npc with a vehicle also has a workaround: go to a different NPC. Clearly, the idea that there is a bright line between actions with workarounds and those without is incorrect. This is a continuum of actions with less or more workarounds one could make in response, and Trion is deciding to draw a line at some point on this continuum; except the line is 6 feet wide and we don't know if the actions inside that line are allowed or not.

Jcorvinus
03-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Pl blocking Private land in server lucius

Names - Redsponge - Deathloath - Niuriel - Aida

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag140/jcorvinus/ScreenShot0478_zpsbfieudiw.jpg

Yunlee
03-21-2015, 08:46 AM
Blocking Auction house in Austera.

Owner: Guedin
Server: Shatigon-EU
Guild: Red Jacket Gang

http://i.imgur.com/9G4VXEk.jpg
http://i.gyazo.com/c1a240db6bdf22c86da7cd5e60645c85.png he dont care about the block ...

Another screen ...

Owner: Boudchit
Server: Shatigon-EU
Guild: La Faction Des Guerriers Du Mal

http://i.imgur.com/N3j1G6O.jpg

This guy only play this game for do this, catching people afk in austera and bringing them to the outside of austera near to the first npc for kill them.

Killing ppl afk in the city with lvl 54 and for this kind of kids losing xP ...

Galix
03-21-2015, 04:11 PM
It is evident the game's direction is going the way of the carebear themepark... With RNG unchanged. :)

Scum
03-21-2015, 07:06 PM
It is evident the game's direction is going the way of the carebear themepark... With RNG unchanged. :)

Sitting on someone's farm so they can't use it is carebear pvp; it's a way for carebears to fight other carebears in a battle of who can do nothing the best. Therefore, you are wrong.

Ragosaros
03-22-2015, 01:29 PM
If you have no friends, no guild and no alts (on a second computer) yes you can be "blocked" when it concerns moving packs with tractors. BUT you are not blocked from walking it. You and a donkey can not be blocked unless the trader is blocked, and blocking a trader is against the rules. blocking roads, stairs, and bridges are not, as you have many options to bypass this behavior.

Get friends, get a guild... this game is not built for the solo player to thrive.

Kazuki
03-23-2015, 12:34 PM
If you have no friends, no guild and no alts (on a second computer) yes you can be "blocked" when it concerns moving packs with tractors. BUT you are not blocked from walking it. You and a donkey can not be blocked unless the trader is blocked, and blocking a trader is against the rules. blocking roads, stairs, and bridges are not, as you have many options to bypass this behavior.

Get friends, get a guild... this game is not built for the solo player to thrive.

Actually it really is. The safezones are designed for solo play.

Jinsie
03-24-2015, 04:29 AM
No matter what you think people who are blocking the Gold traders, are not denying service to the NPC, You can still access the NPC by clicking it's feet. All sitting on top of the NPC trader does is to grief the impatient people who can't figure out to take two seconds to just go oh I can click the npc under the cart. On top of that being able to fully block trader could be considered game play mechanics IE a guild protecting rates for their trade ins this game is based on player interaction and commerce. Saying your going to punish someone for using mechanics that are in the game that is not a full out glitch or exploit to protect rates on a particular trader is well with in a player rights and helps keep the community going. Stop grieving if you want to trade in your items make sure you have a land or something in that zone so if you got blocked you can just come back later instead of QQing like a little baby. It takes 3 people to fully block a gold trader so it can't be clickable.

Mabiche
03-24-2015, 07:48 AM
I really don't understand why everyone is having a hard time with this. It's been against the rules for ages to physically block a gold trader (putting your cart on top of them, etc). The only new thing they've confirmed is that you can no longer be a ♥♥♥♥ by leaving your farm cart on someone else's property in order to troll them. That's a pretty important clarification on their part now that the afk timer is gone.

And for those who are complaining that about this being changed to protect the carebears, how about you look at the people who actually do this stuff? They're taking the absolute easiest way out to mess with people without any threat/danger to themselves. Talk about carebears...

GokouZWAR
03-26-2015, 01:33 PM
Here's an idea. If it's not supposed to block NPCs then code in collision code so they stop the cart when hit instead of allowing the cart to rest on top of an NPC. We know it's possible because carts stop when they hit trees. Collision=true... How hard is it to set a flag?

Sharon
03-26-2015, 02:35 PM
I have some griefer setting her cow on my farm and for some odd reason it is unmovable. When we try to move it, we simply walk right thru it. But it does provide a collision for planting. Is that also not allowed?

arathon4real
03-26-2015, 06:55 PM
personally i think trion did well here. if you are tired of trolls blockading then go around of get your faction to kos them on people like this ar'nt always in peace zones

LiB
03-27-2015, 01:23 AM
Here's an idea. If it's not supposed to block NPCs then code in collision code so they stop the cart when hit instead of allowing the cart to rest on top of an NPC. We know it's possible because carts stop when they hit trees. Collision=true... How hard is it to set a flag?

It's even easier than that... it's a tick box within the Cryengine Editor for the relevant entity.

Flynx
03-30-2015, 02:59 AM
in short, blocking NPC or FARM with cart or haulier is illegal whereas blocking bridges and roads with cart or haulier is legal. NICE WORK.

Cyrixx
03-31-2015, 01:09 AM

hehe, no guild would waste time on blocking EVERY single route in/out of a zone you say? well my friend, you don't play on OLLO do you? :)(~
I should find my 100 hauler blockade picture a couple guilds did for giggles & post it. Hellswamp was COMPLETLY blocked, I don't care if you were on donkey or on foot.... you were stuck. Between having enough haulers & trees planted, that place looked like a Los Angeles freeway at rush hour So I can definitely understand why some people think it's a joke to say blocking is ok here, but not there.

Aedony
03-31-2015, 05:56 AM
hehe, no guild would waste time on blocking EVERY single route in/out of a zone you say? well my friend, you don't play on OLLO do you? :)(~
I should find my 100 hauler blockade picture a couple guilds did for giggles & post it. Hellswamp was COMPLETLY blocked, I don't care if you were on donkey or on foot.... you were stuck. Between having enough haulers & trees planted, that place looked like a Los Angeles freeway at rush hour So I can definitely understand why some people think it's a joke to say blocking is ok here, but not there.

Request screens!

Lshock
03-31-2015, 06:42 AM
Request screens!
not empty quoting

Merax
03-31-2015, 09:28 AM
From this point forward any players who are found guilty of doing this will receive disciplinary action and risk destruction of their vehicle at the hands of a GM.
-Khro

Destruction of their vehicle...I take it this means when a GM catches them in the act? Because that will only happen 1% of the time as there are rarely any GMs on (at least on Kyrios). So if they are screenshotted and reported what will happen? Is a screenshot sufficient evidence? Will their vehicle still be destroyed?

Cyrixx
03-31-2015, 09:40 AM
Destruction of their vehicle...I take it this means when a GM catches them in the act? Because that will only happen 1% of the time as there are rarely any GMs on (at least on Kyrios). So if they are screenshotted and reported what will happen? Is a screenshot sufficient evidence? Will their vehicle still be destroyed?

I doubt their vehicle will be destroyed retroactively over a submitted screenshot. I would guess they will take note of the violation as they do other things & depending on severity, prior violations & if they have done it before, will decide on a case by case basis. that's just my thought on it. Destroying ppl's carts I think is just to move some afk person out of the way if GM catches them, instead of telling the reporting player "ok we'll take care of it" & the violator continue to sit there. They will prob destroy the cart & kick them from server for a quick fix & note the violation. Kinda like they do bots, but probably a bit less serious than botting.

Cyrixx
03-31-2015, 09:54 AM

I have to totally agree with this one Sir... Fix the game, don't limit the players! Code in correct collision!

also here is the problem with the "don't leave your farmcart on private property" rule...

1) Farmcarts pass through housing zones ALL the time to get where they need to be. Now trion will get screenshots of people simply passing through an area, where the guilds are at war. People will abuse that, snapping SS's as if the farm carts were parked there. You can't tell if it's moving in a picture, so they won't have a clue as the responding GM/CS. Potential for abuse is too high & we're starting to split hairs.

How long is "too long" to be on that property?
Does the property have to be owned by you? or can you report someone on anyone's property?
How will you know if it's intentional? or Trolling?

Does this include the 15 other ways that you can block planting?
I can stand on an area & block it with my char & pet/mount, is this allowed?

and I could go on & on & on...
so the problem here, is that when you start making rules WITHIN the game mechanics, you open up more questions than you answered!

I realize, some of these questions raised prob have legit answers, & farmcarts are immovable where some other things aren't if the person is afk. I'm not really looking for the answers here, just making a point that it gets more confusing & harder to follow the rules, as well as opens up potential for more abuse of the reporting system when you start splitting hairs & making rules within the proper game mechanics.

OlLucy
03-31-2015, 12:19 PM
When an entire guild blockades a road during peace time for nearly two hours to prevent all trade... and there's no way to blow up their carts, because it's peace time...

Then blockading is griefing and not OK.

Kuktar
03-31-2015, 04:17 PM
I play this game and have many alts that i play with. I have set up 10 laptops to run 10 accounts at the same time, I have never implemented road blocks but have been asked to block roads for friends. For instance lutesong is popular. I can single handedly shut down the trade routes through here at least make ppl take 2 hours to get through. I would not do this because i am of high moral standard. My specific comment is that if they take this function out of the game then it would cease to be a sandbox, honestly i spend plenty of money a month on this game and if trion takes away free use of what i payed hard earned money for and i choose to use it that way to block roads then i know at least 1 person will stop playing.

Kuktar Inc.

DeusAmoeba
03-31-2015, 09:06 PM
When I first started playing this happened a lot so I thought it was something that was considered ok. Now I know better and the people who used to do it have stopped and I'm not considering joining in.

However, until I saw this I wasn't aware that it was something that there was a rule about.

Is there somewhere I can go to view a list of "Unintended gameplay" so I don't accidentally participate in something thinking "Oh cool, a little trick!" only to find out it's actually a full on bannable offence?

Also so I know what to look out for so I know what I should be reporting?

Belgaar
04-01-2015, 12:39 AM
Wel if youre gona sabotage youre own faction there is somthing wrong With you , go be a pirat then its ok, no one expects better from them ;P

i feel srry for youre home country if you cant be loyal to youre faction in a game , wat would you do to youre own country when you get a chance...

Jaburu
04-01-2015, 06:36 AM
Wel if youre gona sabotage youre own faction there is somthing wrong With you , go be a pirat then its ok, no one expects better from them ;P

i feel srry for youre home country if you cant be loyal to youre faction in a game , wat would you do to youre own country when you get a chance...

Taking games to serious? :rolleyes:

Lucan
04-01-2015, 06:58 AM
LOL ♥♥♥♥ing carebears.... wah someone blocked my PVE... wah wah wah... lol no wonder this game dies more and more daily.

mikroman
04-01-2015, 07:24 AM
Blocking thief's and killer's land to prevent drop YOUR pack is illegal. Thanks.

Example: Reds attack you in hellswamp. Red dies 3 times to kill your hauler. Than cat kills you when you out of mana and you are low life level (reds resurrect near road and hellswmp's exit, green resurrect 3 min "later"). Red Go to Halcyona to RED farm and try to drop packs. 70% in farm 30% out of farm. You summon hauler or car and stay 30% in red farm. You are bad guy and you will die. Cart/hauler will destroy because you are against the system.

AFK blockade masters in Marionaple, Dewstone and Lilyut's bridges doing intended activity and this is good. 2-6 AFK player can destroy 3-5 zone's trade routes. Gratz Trion. You are genius! :)))

Counting Count
04-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Here yu have one gold trader blocker,happen 2x now:

ruyosoke (http://prntscr.com/6ot5x6)

Ruyosoke_melisara (http://prntscr.com/6ot6xc)

Jaroski
04-02-2015, 04:41 PM
wait... WHAT? I can scamm people, block roads and bridges, but I cant park cart at somebodys farm or NPC, even if he can click him without any troubles using mouse? Just remove carts from collision, instead of making ♥♥♥♥ :O maybe riding at grass is illegal too?

please, ban my account for parking cart at npc

Adacian
04-02-2015, 06:00 PM
When are you going to fix the exploit that a red player can jump on your cart and cause auto attack to go off while you are picking up a pack off your cart.

this causes the gold traders neutral guards kill you and destroy your cart and they walk off with your packs? This isn't a ligit move it's an exploit and a bad one.
Its not that they took your packs that's an issue, its the fact they used an exploit to get the game to kill you for them.

Silvya
04-02-2015, 09:02 PM
But nice try ;)

Isn't ynystere surrounded by walls? Wouldn't blocking all the gates block the path to the trader or am I missing something (of course you can bypass the blockade by jumping over the carts but the paths are still blocked.

Silvya
04-02-2015, 09:12 PM
So in other words people can surround an NPC with vehicles so nobody can get to it and that's legal but if they're on top of it that's not, yeah sure, sorry but sounds like BS half stepping

Surrounding an NPC with vehicles while NOT being on the NPC seems quite acceptable. A player can jump over the surrounding vehicles and click the NPC. This is time consuming but not impossible. However when the NPC's body is covered there is no way to click it and the vehicle above it cannot be moved.

Adreneline
04-16-2015, 01:41 AM
Hi all,

There is a bit of gray area about this topic and the way we're interacting with it. We view intentionally blocking someone's private land or a public NPC with a vehicle as unintended game play. I know we've had confusion about this internally and externally and I'd like to officially clear it up. From this point forward any players who are found guilty of doing this will receive disciplinary action and risk destruction of their vehicle at the hands of a GM.Please note that this situation is viewed separately from blockading and our stance on that has not changed.
-Khro

I've got a few questions about this:
1. There are GM's in this game? when did this happen?
2. So you are deciding that blocking an npc is unintended game play? what does that mean? it's an accident? or it's bannable?
3. Why isn't blocking a friggin bridge unintended game play? or bannable? All the friggin public npc's AND private land are blocked off then (is there anyone home Mcfly?) you are allowing "Away" status to carts blocking bridges? and this isn't going to be bannable?
4. Then why not just code in the ability to plant trees on roads? what's the difference?

I'll tell you, there is no difference. Pretty friggin simple! "HAVE OWNERS MARK COME OFF WHEN A PLAYER GOES INTO 'AWAY' STATUS!!! That way you can still have active blocking all you want however, they can't just leave and go to ♥♥♥♥ing school! like they are being allowed to do now.
Also, why not put a few other friggin roads into regions, or hey, here's a good one. Why not have several other regions the same friggin distances from regions so traders aren't FORCED INTO ONE MARKET! "In dip♥♥♥♥ english which is all these dumbass dev's understand: Instead of having just Gwenoid to Two Crowns and Two Crowns to Gwenoid the only friggin trade market worth a damn, how about opening up Karkasse or put a trader on the most northern part of Lilyhut or Tippy Top of Solzreed and the most southern part of Marinople who some other same distance for the same price as Gwenoid - Two Crowns and open up (what's the word?! OPTIONS! for your friggin PAYING CUSTOMERS!
And yes, this whole game is created for money, not for the griefers who don't give a ♥♥♥♥ and will move onto the next mmo to ♥♥♥♥ up after they destroy this one.

LiB
04-16-2015, 02:29 AM
I've got a few questions about this:
1. There are GM's in this game? when did this happen?
2. So you are deciding that blocking an npc is unintended game play? what does that mean? it's an accident? or it's bannable?
3. Why isn't blocking a friggin bridge unintended game play? or bannable? All the friggin public npc's AND private land are blocked off then (is there anyone home Mcfly?) you are allowing "Away" status to carts blocking bridges? and this isn't going to be bannable?
4. Then why not just code in the ability to plant trees on roads? what's the difference?

I'll tell you, there is no difference. Pretty friggin simple! "HAVE OWNERS MARK COME OFF WHEN A PLAYER GOES INTO 'AWAY' STATUS!!! That way you can still have active blocking all you want however, they can't just leave and go to ♥♥♥♥ing school! like they are being allowed to do now.
Also, why not put a few other friggin roads into regions, or hey, here's a good one. Why not have several other regions the same friggin distances from regions so traders aren't FORCED INTO ONE MARKET! "In dip♥♥♥♥ english which is all these dumbass dev's understand: Instead of having just Gwenoid to Two Crowns and Two Crowns to Gwenoid the only friggin trade market worth a damn, how about opening up Karkasse or put a trader on the most northern part of Lilyhut or Tippy Top of Solzreed and the most southern part of Marinople who some other same distance for the same price as Gwenoid - Two Crowns and open up (what's the word?! OPTIONS! for your friggin PAYING CUSTOMERS!
And yes, this whole game is created for money, not for the griefers who don't give a ♥♥♥♥ and will move onto the next mmo to ♥♥♥♥ up after they destroy this one.

Ahh you poor unfortunate patron...
You honestly think changes can be made to this game.
It's a huge rework and one that XLGames won't do.

Here's the reasons behind the stances made...
Blocking an NPC directly or blocking someones land being not allowed
- Reduces the areas that GMs have to visit. The area is directly referable so a GM can go there straight away.

If blocking roads wasn't allowed then GMs would have more work to do.
I'm sure you've seen the delays in appeals etc. This would require more GMs, costing more overhead and reducing profit.
We've seen the RNG boxes... Trion is all about bleeding it's customers. The Peagasus box gave me hope, so I bought about 12 boxes from the first batch of the new devilish boxes... I should have known better... got royally fcuked over with companion crusts, xp potions etc... Had to sell everything from them for like 3G a piece... I got to lvl55 already via grind... Which means all my pets are 50 also.
Then they change them... this highlights they were defective... you know what other companies do with defective products ? They recall, replace or compensate

After playing this game since launch I've now came to the conclusion.
TRION don't provide a service. They do the bare minimum to remain operational. Using tricks, lies and misdirection to bleed us even more.

TL,DR,

Too much work to for GMs to police every road.
GMs have to respond to blocking land/NPC as it can be directed harassment.
Don't believe anything they say.
Verbal contracts in Texas are recognized in court. When they say they are doing something on a Twitch stream that's your evidence.

selltekk
04-16-2015, 06:45 AM
IMHO, blockading in a war zone is perfectly OK as it is a normal way to deny the advance of an enemy. Using a cart to block passage in a peace zone is unfair because nothing can be done about it since you can;t attack someone in a peace zone.

The other day, Tiffy had his cart sitting on top of the gold trader in Falcorth while myself and a colleague were trying to turn in. Tiffy did not move even though we asked them to. Evenually we were able to turn in by adjusting the camera view lower so we could see the legs of the gold trader, but it was frustrating as hell. Tiffy was just being a troll and griefing anyone who wanted to turn in packs in a peace zone.

Boomqueesha
04-16-2015, 09:34 AM
Hi all,

-Khro
Why doesnt Trion/Scapes do anything about the Sun Shard farming bots.....Trion themselves have been feeding the Gold selling sites all the gold they need. There are 21 rare elite spawns that drop 1-4 Sunlight Archeum Shards....and the bots have been farming them for ever...I myself can gather 15-30 shards every half hour...how many are the bots getting 24/7 ??? Wouldnt it be in Trions best interest to police these rare drops sites and Ban the bots??? I myself have emailed Trion Numerous times...giving Names of bots and the locations...but nothing is ever done..one of the names i gave is now Spamming Faction chat in Enla with its Gold Selling Site...why does Trion do nothing ??? Does Trion own the bots and the Gold Selling sites ??? Sure would be good ploy to set in action..i mean Trion would just make more money from this....Nobody is ever banned from buying gold..it is just TAKEN AWAY...is it put back into circulation? Trion is more worried about what new outfit...or new mount they can make a killing off of...to do anything else for us players... WE DEMAND that you do something about the BOTs....if i can ride around for 20 minutes ..and find 30 bots logged on at any given time...why can't Trion ??????????? How hard would it be log on each server for 30 mins ( i know it would cut into everyone thinking of the next cool thing you could put into a box and sell us) ride around and ban the bots ...Wouldnt it be in Trions best interest????? You do want us to Buy more Apex's rather than buying gold from the selling sites...how about you actually PROVE IT TO US!

talizzar
04-16-2015, 10:54 AM
IMHO, blockading in a war zone is perfectly OK as it is a normal way to deny the advance of an enemy. Using a cart to block passage in a peace zone is unfair because nothing can be done about it since you can;t attack someone in a peace zone.

The other day, Tiffy had his cart sitting on top of the gold trader in Falcorth while myself and a colleague were trying to turn in. Tiffy did not move even though we asked them to. Evenually we were able to turn in by adjusting the camera view lower so we could see the legs of the gold trader, but it was frustrating as hell. Tiffy was just being a troll and griefing anyone who wanted to turn in packs in a peace zone.

Many times you can hit "F" and interact with the trader. Sometimes the parking job is not intentional but maybe they should have created a no vehicle zone around the vendors.

Scapes
04-16-2015, 11:01 AM
So you are deciding that blocking an npc is unintended game play? what does that mean? it's an accident? or it's bannable? Why isn't blocking a friggin bridge unintended game play? or bannable? All the friggin public npc's AND private land are blocked off then (is there anyone home Mcfly?) you are allowing "Away" status to carts blocking bridges? and this isn't going to be bannable?

Blocking an NPC with a vehicle is an absolute denial of access, which is not permitted. Blockades of the path to an NPC can be evaded through a number of gameplay mechanics. This is the difference between the two.

Scapes
04-16-2015, 11:03 AM
I myself have emailed Trion Numerous times...giving Names of bots and the locations...but nothing is ever done..

Reporting suspicious behavior to our Support Team with a ticket is the best way to alert us to bad actors. If you are still seeing these users in-game, reply to your latest ticket to let us know they're still active or have created new accounts/characters.

Scapes
04-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Using a cart to block passage in a peace zone is unfair because nothing can be done about it since you can;t attack someone in a peace zone.

The other day, Tiffy had his cart sitting on top of the gold trader in Falcorth while myself and a colleague were trying to turn in.

These are different behaviors. The first is permissible as the blockade can be foiled through gameplay. The other should be reported to our Support Team for review: http://support.trionworlds.com

Osefmarcher
04-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Just make all zone pvp, 0 safe zone, problem solved.
Everyone would be happy.

Alternative :
-Carrying a pack, tag your character as targetable for pvp.
-Vehicules are always subjects to pvp.

DaeSQuaLL
04-16-2015, 03:34 PM
Just make all zone pvp, 0 safe zone, problem solved.
Everyone would be happy.

Alternative :
-Carrying a pack, tag your character as targetable for pvp.
-Vehicules are always subjects to pvp.

u d think before writing ? i think no

Tip for Player are blocked at a Bridge, drive through the water -> Problem solved

Kurdistani
04-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Hi all,

-Khro

People who is found to do this multiple times should get suspended for 1-3 days and announce over the server. that it is actually forbidden, in that way you will make players know that this being taken serious.

Six79
04-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Reporting suspicious behavior to our Support Team with a ticket is the best way to alert us to bad actors. If you are still seeing these users in-game, reply to your latest ticket to let us know they're still active or have created new accounts/characters.

submitting tickets in AA is a pain in the bum, why cant we open tickets in game like a normal MMO! i reported many ppl using radar hacks and they are still playing, are you only interest in deleting players gold but not banning people who have installed 3rd party programs???

SweetMikka
04-17-2015, 07:30 AM
Well it has been mentioned over and over by Scapes himself as well as players so it should be a well known fact by now.

Futureshadow17
04-20-2015, 06:23 AM
You cant really go "around" in every situation, for instance the bridges that lead into Gwenoid Forest or The one that leads out of Hellswamp if those are blocked, the only way to get around is by getting out of you cart, wagon, or Hauler and walking with packs...which inst always an option. Personally, i don't see why its allowed because it is stopping others from going to places open free places on the map all because 'Green' pirates are to scared to become real pirates.

Lanfear
04-22-2015, 07:08 AM
Hello Khrolan,

Here's why I think you should re think about this rule and generalize the ban about cart (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?181837-How-TT6-Blocks-Bridges-(with-DIY-Screenshots)&p=1633904&viewfull=1#post1633904) (I especially think about blockades bridges) :

Here's why bridge blocking should be bannable : it's actually a bug abuse.
Explanation : originaly, carts had physics and collision management, like chars, mounts, ships. However, XLgame coding was bad so the physic was bad, buggy. They decided to remove it. Hence now carts are FIXED objects in the world with no physic.

The fact that carts have no physic and cannot move an inch is a BUG and should NEVER be used to grief player. Worst, Trion SHOULD NEVER encourage player exploiting their own game.
Please rethink about that and review your position. Theer's far more players that want this change so that they're not griefed anymore than griefers that want to experience toxic gameplay (or emergent gameplay... as you call it...).

BeaverCleaver
04-22-2015, 07:25 AM
This could be fixed easily by making it possible to nudge carts/wagons/haulers like you can with boats and cars.

Lanfear
04-22-2015, 10:43 AM
This could be fixed easily by making it possible to nudge carts/wagons/haulers like you can with boats and cars.

I'm afraid that they completely removed the physic from carts because it was not easy to fix. However, I agree with you on the point that it NEEDS to be fixed ASAP.

Cracker
04-22-2015, 11:46 AM
Forget fixing the carts, just reduce Riders Escape cd to 1 minute. Surely that is easy and requires no fix of anything right???

just4me
04-22-2015, 12:00 PM
yea, the latest on kyrios is blocking port access for ships in ynystere by placing docks and never finishing them ...again , I guess its just emergent gameplay

Shayley
04-23-2015, 05:07 AM
Blockading is just as stupid. It would be one thing if you were actually allowed to attack them to remove the "blockade". The current mechanics just make it so easy to troll safe zone ports.

Simonz
04-23-2015, 06:06 AM

Actually that would open the way for million different ways of grief players, stack your hauler with iron packs for example and start nudge players around and maybe push them to mobs or get them stuck on rocks ...etc

Arialun
04-23-2015, 06:54 AM
Since the collision mechanic are taking forever to be added / fixed, the other option is to re-enable AFK timer again - with shorter time. Perhaps 15-20 minutes before it triggers auto-kick ?

But how many will agree to this, I'm not sure.

DaeSQuaLL
04-23-2015, 07:16 AM
You cant really go "around" in every situation, for instance the bridges that lead into Gwenoid Forest or The one that leads out of Hellswamp if those are blocked, the only way to get around is by getting out of you cart, wagon, or Hauler and walking with packs...which inst always an option. Personally, i don't see why its allowed because it is stopping others from going to places open free places on the map all because 'Green' pirates are to scared to become real pirates.

its not the only way to get around, u can drive through the water ...

Dexxe
04-23-2015, 07:17 AM

I'm happy that Trion realizes that there is an issue that needs to be resolved, but this new rule solves NOTHING!

If your only option is to screenshot and report the culprit, that doesn't alleviate the immediate issue of them blocking your farm or an NPC at that time. And, while it may prevent that person from doing it in the near future (most likely only a temporary ban too, which is merely a slap on the wrist)... it does nothing to solve the issue of them blocking at the time of the incident. If we have to wait around for a GM to come destroy their cart... well that might take hours or days to happen!

I don't see how this new rule resolves anything other than helping make it clear what is allowed and what is not. It does nothing to stop anyone from breaking the rule and doesn't give us any recourse if/when they do either.

Remove collision of all vehicles or make is so that they don't prevent planting on the farms or accessing an NPC and the entire issue is resolved once and for all.

I know that changing code will cost you guys more money and making a new rule is free, but do the right thing and FIX a problem instead of pretending to care by putting a bandaid on it please! If you need to raise some cash to get this fixed, just pop out another useless RNGesus box with a helmet with horns or something dumb like that and you will sell thousands to the suckers that buy those things and bam - code change fund. :cool:

AlexXx
04-24-2015, 02:21 PM
GMs PLEASE do something about this

http://s1.postimg.org/n88yth3wt/Lunassgt_blocking.png

SSGT and Luna are an alliance and are blocking Rising On from turning in packs constantly. Here is one example. Thank you.

Doomakos
04-24-2015, 08:26 PM
So in other words if a Nuian guild decides to block forever gweonid forest no one can do anything about it. Thnx for telling us. I would like to see what will you do if it happens on every server and you lose half of your clients. I like unit collision and i approve. But atm you don't have a unit collision system working. Until you create one or fix the one you probably got, just forbid any kind of blockade.

Bramble
04-25-2015, 04:51 AM
But nice try ;)

Your statement simply confirms:

Cart blocking is in fact 1-way code protected theme-park griefing. The Griefer can't be touched, the code allows him to engage in risk free conduct that forces others to compensate, if they can, in a core game-dynamic activity.

A few things here:

1) Not a lot for Trion to do on this score at the moment. They didn't write the code. So, "go around (if you can)" is the best-case reality we have the moment. Too bad for those of us don't like it, that's the reality.

2) Trion is stating it's allowable for the above reason, not because it's a great design principle, or, I'm going to argue, that it was even intended. They can't police this issue across the expanse of the entire roadway systems in the game, so it's a case of their being powerless over it, so, see again best case #1 above.

3) It's worth enhancing. Road/bridge blocking is a good possibility in the game, it just needs to be finished, not left at a 50% point:

For any PvP action to be valid in a game, both sides of the conflict must be true. That's when "emergent game play" becomes real, not a lip-serviced smoke-screen as we have here.

If Bridge / Roadway blocking is to be true, then the opposite must then also be true: those affected have the ability to remove the blockages from their chosen trade routing.

That's the design goal that should be met here.

Probably the simplest solution is enable collision mechanics so that carts can be pushed, instead of code-protected can't be touched.

I'd see the dynamics as follows:

1) Conflict zones or periods are FFA. Merchants beware, bring hired muscle as escorts or gold to pay tolls / protection money.

These are your intended meat-and-potatoes bad-boy areas for all the bad boys. That's why they exist, to provide the palette for those choosing that playstyle.

There should also be incentives to lure "care bears" through those zones on trade runs, such as higher pay out, or perhaps special faction/quest driven packages that have to be couriered through. Something to entice those wandering the "gray" of border territory to try and step through that zone.

2) That's what Conflict period or zones are for: The playground for those people who choose a more aggressive playstyle.

3) Safe Zones or periods are under The Kings Protection. His lands, his Cities, his guards, merchants, gold traders, carriage ROUTES, etc. In this respect, in Safe Zones only, most of those roadways IMO classify similarly to "blocking NPCs". Thus, number's 4 and 5 below.

4) Enable cart pushing/collision. This allows "victims" to have a part in Blocking encounters, an equal say in the conflict, instead of a forced-passive of "go around". Because most serious blocking occurs in spots where "just go around" is least, or not possible. Double lined blockades to foil rider's escape, etc.

By removing the absolute theme-parked protection griefers use as the enabler for Blocking, you put more of the situation on the Player's to resolve amongst themselves, instead of maximized complaints directed at Trion/XL to "fix it, it's a bunch of meanie-dookie-heads being meanies . . . make them stop Trion, do it for me!"

5) Failing #4 then: Safe Zones and periods are protected. Key travel points (e.g. bridges, constrained entry points like city gates) are patrolled by the King's / City Guard. You block that point for X amount of time and a squad of Guards spawn up and issue a 15 second warning. Fail that warning and the cart and contents are immediately despawned (impounded), and you explain yourself to your peers in Jury. Guilty is destruction of the cart and contents requiring a Shatigons to recover only the cart as is normal, Inno gets it all back including packs.

Now for the kicker:

All of the above is intended to help out Piracy and the PvP side of things: We need more players in AA, and a TON of them.

Otherwise all we will have left are the dregs of the servers who simply want it to play like an FPS, too dumb to realize for Lions to exist . . . .you need whole herds of Zebra wandering the savannah.

Vandellia
04-28-2015, 06:28 AM
Per the recent twitch cast this game is designed with a balance for/between the pvp/pve dynamics
what saddens me is that blockading is allowable in a PVE zone. Get honest and straight with us, dont wimp out and take a non-stance. It's greifing in all its negative glory. I read all the fodder about their are ways around ... but be honest.. the conclusion is that the pve blockaders time and effort(and hard money) is more valuable then the person being blockaded. Not everyone has someone to call on to help them around the griefers. Don't make excuses for broken mechanics. Fix the issue don't skirt it, if they blockade a bridge then make it so that the vehicle can be rammed moved or destroyed. level the playing ground dont unbalance that supposed dynamic balance between the pve/pvp worlds. Honestly if they blockade then they should also have to pay a "price". I'm not a Care Bear but I'm slowly being forced into that direction by the "allowable" green v green griefing that i see.

Cracker
04-28-2015, 07:11 AM
Can we get a clarification on blocking farms in Haly and Yny during ending peace? I understand this blocking a farm rule was put into place when greens were blocking other greens from planting on their normal farms in protected zones. Blocking a red from placing his pack on the ground is not at all the same thing in my opinion. He is either going to run out of time, die and lose the pack or be forced into reloading his packs onto a boat and trying to escape with more then likely the same result.

Tanks
04-28-2015, 08:54 AM
Here is a Idea, make summoning carts, wagons, siege weapons, mortars, canons, Cost a Eco-Fuel, and another for speed boost.
Make it cost the blockers, as much as it costing the runners.

johniefive
04-28-2015, 09:54 AM
good destroy their carts with a 30 min to fix buff, aslo maybe make a buff for carts to pass thru eachother for 1 min or somthing of that...

Ember1017
07-01-2015, 04:47 AM
Blocking Farms without vehicles allowed?
So this guy has been blocking our farms & harassing me and my daughter. He leaves my fiancÚ alone, but focuses on harassing us females to answer questions and tell him who our alts are so he can harass us on those chars as well.

My daughter is thinking of leaving the game over his continued harassment. Today I decided to SS him as he blocked my planting. When I moved to another farm to escape his antics, he would move & block me there. I had to keep running to another farm to try and plant the tree lots. He thinks since he isn't using a vehicle, he is allowed to do this. Trion is he allowed to block our farms?

He blocked me, I asked him to move. Planted around him, then he moved. I said ty, as shown in chat.
First Pic (http://imgur.com/a/8XQqz#0)

He then moved to block me again as he tried to figure out if it was me or my daughter playing.
See second Picture in the series above.

He refused to move, so I went to our other farm, he followed and blocked me at that farm also.
See last picture in the series above.

If this isn't allowed, then can a GM check Ticket#234604. This guy just doesn't want to stop.

mossside
07-01-2015, 05:32 AM
Blocking Farms without vehicles allowed?
So this guy has been blocking our farms & harassing me and my daughter. He leaves my fiancÚ alone, but focuses on harassing us females to answer questions and tell him who our alts are so he can harass us on those chars as well.

My daughter is thinking of leaving the game over his continued harassment. Today I decided to SS him as he blocked my planting. When I moved to another farm to escape his antics, he would move & block me there. I had to keep running to another farm to try and plant the tree lots. He thinks since he isn't using a vehicle, he is allowed to do this. Trion is he allowed to block our farms?

He blocked me, I asked him to move. Planted around him, then he moved. I said ty, as shown in chat.
First Pic (http://imgur.com/a/8XQqz#0)

He then moved to block me again as he tried to figure out if it was me or my daughter playing.
See second Picture in the series above.

He refused to move, so I went to our other farm, he followed and blocked me at that farm also.
See last picture in the series above.

If this isn't allowed, then can a GM check Ticket#234604. This guy just doesn't want to stop.

Seems like griefing to me. I'd put it in a new thread tho.

Ember1017
07-01-2015, 05:53 AM
Seems like griefing to me. I'd put it in a new thread tho.
Thank you, I took your advice and made a thread in the General Section. I would like to know if Trion allows this behavior, if not, I hope they deal with him accordingly.

fuDDel
07-01-2015, 06:33 AM
Hey Ember107,

i had something similar.
There was a 16x16 Spot running out. I got it and then a few minutes later someone came and wanted to take it. Then he saw that it is already gone. So he was sitting on the 16x16 again and again and i could not use the whole place. And i got whispers and post over and over again that i must sell him that spot.
That sucks a little bit, but the best way is to NOT SHOW that it is disgusting for you.

Just ignore him. After some days he vanished. I know it is frustrating, but dont give him power over you. Just a hint, but yeah Trion should know about this and give us a clear answer to this. Hope you get rid of him soon.

Ember1017
07-01-2015, 07:17 AM
Hey Ember107,

i had something similar.
There was a 16x16 Spot running out. I got it and then a few minutes later someone came and wanted to take it. Then he saw that it is already gone. So he was sitting on the 16x16 again and again and i could not use the whole place. And i got whispers and post over and over again that i must sell him that spot.
That sucks a little bit, but the best way is to NOT SHOW that it is disgusting for you.

Just ignore him. After some days he vanished. I know it is frustrating, but dont give him power over you. Just a hint, but yeah Trion should know about this and give us a clear answer to this. Hope you get rid of him soon.

We have tried ignoring him, but he has been doing this for weeks. I spoke to someone in his guild over the weekend and they brushed me off. Most people would get bored and move on after a week or two, but he is quite stubborn.

Putting him on block only stops his words, but does nothing to stop him blocking our farms. Guess we have to continue to wait longer.

Arrowfirst
07-01-2015, 09:03 AM
He just sounds like one of those people who think they are funny trolling others, but really they're not. :)

Arrowfirst
07-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Also, I get people like that too, mostly in chat. I'd ignored them or just blocked them altogether. But ya don't give in to them, just try your best to ignore them in any possible way.

Slider7
07-03-2015, 08:21 PM

Have taken multiple screenshots of players blocking the gold / resource traders submitted reports and still no action on the offenders....Even went into live chat and talked to game support and was basically told to piss off.

Kinda pointless in reporting when the GM's are not doing anything about those that are doing the blocking.

Adacian
07-04-2015, 08:14 AM

its very clear , unless you cant read English...maybe that's the issue ..
I got this from the OP
1. cant mess with NPC access or someones farm access. do not camp someones land like parking a hauler on it to prevent access, or parking a hauler over the npc.
2. you can blockade the roads and bridges

Traciatim
07-04-2015, 08:39 AM
Have taken multiple screenshots of players blocking the gold / resource traders submitted reports and still no action on the offenders....Even went into live chat and talked to game support and was basically told to piss off.

Kinda pointless in reporting when the GM's are not doing anything about those that are doing the blocking.

This is really the problem. Who cares if it's against the rules if it's not going to be enforced anyway. Trion really needs to crack down on the idiot scum that plague their game.

Katarina
07-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Hi all,

-Khro

Please just make blocking roads in general illegal as well.

Blocking the main city in a safe zone where players can't be attacked, or killed without penalty, or attacked at all is a problem, as long as blockade players can freely be attacked and killed then there is no problem with them doing it for example if a player blocks the trade route to the major city and doesn't allow players to pass then I should have the option to freely kill them and their hauler myself without taking any type of penalty for it.

Ishmila
07-08-2015, 09:12 PM
stop crying, and make friends to help u get past the blockades, this is an MMO, not rpg game...

Reithan
07-09-2015, 09:53 AM
stop crying, and make friends to help u get past the blockades, this is an MMO, not rpg game...

And how will your friends move the invincible hauler in the safe zone that's blocking the path?

Amorae
07-09-2015, 10:49 AM
And how will your friends move the invincible hauler in the safe zone that's blocking the path?

Have your friend summon his or her hauler, and ferry the packs across the blockade.

Reithan
07-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Have your friend summon his or her hauler, and ferry the packs across the blockade.

Fair. Still a massive in convenience, and one that's WORSE for newer players, which is 100% what you don't want.

darthjoy
07-10-2015, 12:08 PM
here one expalen to day http://i59.tinypic.com/ou2oab.jpg
and
http://i62.tinypic.com/v445xl.jpg

Ishmila
07-10-2015, 12:25 PM
So here is the concern, none of those players are blocking everything along, that Is the effort of many players to block an area, for dewstone, that's 3 people to block the bridges, now all you need is 2 people to get past it by moving packs from one cart to the other..... All I see when u post pictures like this is that you have not played the game how its intended, MMO, mass multi player online, This game is not intended to be played alone, and if you do, guess what, you cant do things in the game because it involves other players. There are plenty of games not online that you can play alone if you cant handle the online version with other players.

thepubear
07-13-2015, 10:30 PM
so it's okay to block the only route in and out of a zone at peace time. yeah great. basically peace time is worthless for running packs. it's something i like to do, but of course my play isn't worth anything. we have no way to combat it either. why should i be playing a game that isn't any fun for me?

well the game was fun for a little while. i don't see the point in wasting my time with it anymore. feel free to say what you like. it's not like i care.

Reithan
07-14-2015, 04:37 AM
While I appreciate the argument that this problem may be circumvented by playing with others and helping each other out by ferrying packs across a blockade, in practice, when I've come across a blockade, it's when my party is all already caravaning packs, meaning we have no extra space to ferry then across a blockade. Also, we've come across some blockades that it is VERY hard to get through, even on foot.
So, other than backing out (which we've almost been trapped into not being able to) and finding an alternate, longer route, or paying the 'toll' the blockade is demanding. We have no other REAL options. This puts ALL the power into the hands of 1-2 players setting up a blockade, and NONE in the hands of the possibly several more players who have done far more work up to that point to try to get someplace in the game.
We chose to circle around and find another path, which added probably 5-10 minutes onto the trip, which eats into both my playtime and the efficiency of my trading, as well as annoying all of us, rather than playing the ransom demanded by the troll at the bridge, but I would have rather had other options.
An EASY solution for some of these places would simply to not allow a cart to remain in a bottleneck for more than X amount of time. When they enter a 'known' bottleneck, apply a buff/debuff that, when it expires it moves them out of the bottleneck, or gets removed without effect if they exit before that time. That at least gives the blocked person(s) a chance to get through at the buff expiry, even if they try to use more than 1 cart rotating through the bottleneck to block it.

...or just make carts within a bottleneck not collide with other carts. (!)

pubear
07-14-2015, 11:58 AM
additionally, to the poster recommending that we get guildies to help. Last night cinderstone went to peace around 1am est. by that time most of the guild was asleep. the only other person on, was in the same situation. So it's impossible to depend on guildies who aren't online.

an additional idea is to let them accrue infamy. one of the basic problems with the blocking concept is that there no consequences. so you want them to be able to be a ♥♥♥♥♥♥bag. okay, that's fine, but we have to have some means of dealing with it, and they need to suffer consequences of some type.

options for us to deal with it, are reducing the cooldown for rider's escape to something like 15 minutes. this additionally helps those of us, who are guilty of trying to type in guild chat and drive at the same time.

if they're going to grief us, let them accrue infamy. if they're going to act like pirates, then let them become pirates.

what makes this so aggravating is that they are allowed to grief us and block something we enjoy and we can't do anything about it, and they suffer 0 consequences.

Labidas
07-14-2015, 12:31 PM
As said before - ♥♥♥♥ happens, deal with it.

Punishment for the blockading is pk and not dealing with those people. So eventually they will die out as a guild as players.

This is a game meant to ♥♥♥♥ with others any way you can think.

Reithan
07-14-2015, 12:41 PM
As said before - ♥♥♥♥ happens, deal with it.

Punishment for the blockading is pk and not dealing with those people. So eventually they will die out as a guild as players.

This is a game meant to ♥♥♥♥ with others any way you can think.

Auction house is anonymous, so you can't avoid dealing with them.
If they just do this in safe zones, you can't PK them.
If this amuses them and/or people DO pay their 'tolls' they WON'T 'die out'.

And if this game is really 'meant to f**k with others', then give me a way to hit them back WHILE they're doing this.

Labidas
07-14-2015, 12:51 PM
Auction house is anonymous, so you can't avoid dealing with them.
If they just do this in safe zones, you can't PK them.
If this amuses them and/or people DO pay their 'tolls' they WON'T 'die out'.

And if this game is really 'meant to f**k with others', then give me a way to hit them back WHILE they're doing this.

Well all i can say is try harder to avoid them. As i never seen blockading myself as i hope my server has people with some brains not to be an complete ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ :).

But a means to hit them in safe zones just wont ever happen i think :/

Reithan
07-14-2015, 09:56 PM
Well all i can say is try harder to avoid them. As i never seen blockading myself as i hope my server has people with some brains not to be an complete ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ :).

But a means to hit them in safe zones just wont ever happen i think :/

...or just make carts within a bottleneck not collide with other carts. (!)
/awhole10char

Azraeli
07-15-2015, 12:29 PM
I apologize if I'm missing something but why not make farm carts capable of going through other farm carts? Wouldn't that stop the whole issue? I'm sure there is something that could happen due to this that might ruin something else... U know I was a bit drunk when I wrote this...