PDA

View Full Version : Labor

Allianzia
03-19-2015, 08:08 AM
I like the game ArcheAge, but what are totally annoys me the lab points. To further must come to buy laboratory and thus the gain becomes smaller and smaller. I have the 100-day game time, but I do not think I'm going to extend the season. Since you only get stones thrown in the way here in his profession. I'm not a great fighter, but the farm and the professions have given me fun. But if one is prevented from making gold around Apex to buy to make you look for Credit sometimes what it can do, it's just not fun anymore. I will not renew my season sure, but look me another game

Aavlen
03-21-2015, 07:52 AM
Agree completely. Crafting is the only thing that drew me to this game in the first place, and now I spend more time NOT playing it while I wait for the labor pool to refresh than I do actually enjoying the game. I have been told to go grind quests or just mindlessly kill mobs while the pool refreshes, but frankly there are other games with much better quest/grind mechanics than this one. Crafting was the one I was looking forward to exploring (especially for instruments/music).

I will never sub to a game with a mechanic that promotes sitting afk for hours just to play the portions that I find the most enjoyable.

Valkry
03-24-2015, 04:16 AM
I totally agree. Its extremely annoying.

Noaani
03-24-2015, 07:26 AM
1; buy labor pots.
2; get someone to do low level crafting for you.
3; buy labor pots.
4; use beds.
5; buy labor pots.
6; stay logged in all night.

Every patron account has potential access to around 18,000 labor a day between the two regions before you start doing things like creating characters just for the 100 labor regen.

Oh, did I mention to buy labor pots?

Yorimoto
03-24-2015, 02:03 PM
Labor: A new players opinion.

I like or enjoy the crafting in MMO's most of the time. This mechanic of labor is way overdone by Trion ( yes Trion they control the price of the game and they also make the decisions on the labor regen for each region they offer the game in, as well as Trion controls the Cash Shop pricing and offers ).

The best way I can offer my opinion:

The Labor mechanic is a poorly structured limiter.
One can grasp the concept behind this system in the aspect of influencing the player base to pay for a subscription. Yet then to pay for a subscription and still require the cash shop is totally absurd and got way out of control in these F2P models.
Yet in the same breath it restricts way too much to be an incentive, due to being overexposed in the game.
Is required to do most anything in the game and by overdone one example is charging labor to get your experience back after your defeated.

I have played for about a month, I did pay for patron status to start off with because I wanted to experience the crafting system, which I understood that it required Labor but after my experience with it, my personal opinion is the whole RNG crafting system is junk and I will not pay for it-tbh it is more of a turn off and has helped me decide to play the game till my patron status runs out and that will be it for my Archeage experience, I have no desire to pay taxes in virtual reality ( pay enough in the real world with my real life labor....imo poorly chosen tags ).

A better solution Noaani is maybe for Trion to increase the labor regeneration rate or remove some of the labor requirements for certain actions such as opening up Coin purses/gaining back lost experience after a defeat.

@Noanni - I really need you to explain your math behind that labor amount ( labor pots are put on a 12 hour delay so you can only obtain 8k labor from them in a 24hour period which equates to a single day )....What good is your labor on another region outside of allowing you to possibly sell it since Credits are shared between NA and EU servers yet nothing else is.
Really need to know how you came up with 18k Labor per day?

As a patron on the NA/EU servers in a single 24hr period staying logged on the entire 24hours you will only regen 2880 labor points. And even with 4 slots available that is still only another 8k labor available in that 24 hour period. So with labor pots and never logging out you would only gain 10,880 labor in a 24 hour period( so if you were even adding both regions you would be able to get to 21760 labor) . This goes back to the my problem with the Patron system....you want me to sub as well as pay for cash items( just not down with that- patron status should include a certain amount of Cash Shop Credits as well ). So if you have the cash to burn and your really into this game you could possibly raise a crafting skill to high level proficiency in a week or so I suppose( yet highly doubtful due to the amount of materials you would also have to accumulate).

Well enough from new player that will more than likely be gone from this game.

Citizenfive
03-26-2015, 05:47 AM
As previously stated, just to elaborate slightly: you can make an alt and sleep on the bed in the "Guest houses" you go to in the early missions and regain 100 labour for 2 gilda stars. I do this often.

deadq
03-27-2015, 06:54 AM
I know the labor thing is about short term dollars and controlling gold bots. However the devs are failing to see how much long term damage is being done as the labor issue cause a people to drop the game out of discouragement.

Buying pots for gold is not the answer because, at least on Ollo, the price pots out weigh the return on investment. Myself I feel like I pay enough real dollars on the game without paying additional dollars just to be able to play.

My suggestion is to increase the patron daily tokens rate. That would give paying players a chance at more labor and would not help the gold bots.

Noaani
03-27-2015, 06:47 PM
@Noanni - I really need you to explain your math behind that labor amount.I assume a player - any player- will not be online for 12 house to make use of labor pots twice in one day. If they are, that substantially increases their access to labor.

So, you have acess to 6 characters per region (max 4 on each server, but labor pool is region based rather than server). So, 6 pots plus 2880 regen plus a few beds at 80 labor each = more than 9000. While you can't make use of labor in a region other than what you play in, you can make an arrangement with a player in that region to swap labor for labor. You perform menial tasks for them on their server, then they do the same for you. It's a win/win situation.

The way you should be looking at labor as a new player is as the only thing I this game that has stopped players advancing so far that catching up is totally out of your reach.

Removing labor on coin purses would be bad. Very bad. They are currently one of the best ways to convert labor to gold, and if the labor was removed from opening them, the drops in them would need to be adjusted in a downwards fashion to compensate.

All that said, we are soon to have offline regen on part with online, so more labor for all!

Arkaleus
03-27-2015, 07:11 PM
As previously stated, just to elaborate slightly: you can make an alt and sleep on the bed in the "Guest houses" you go to in the early missions and regain 100 labour for 2 gilda stars. I do this often.

Don't, it's considered an exploit and is an actionable offense: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?152083-Creating-deleting-toons-for-lp-gain&p=1402249#post1402249

Armano
03-31-2015, 07:26 AM
About labor. You can allways buy those expensive 200 and 500 labor regen potions with 10sec cd...

Yorimoto
04-01-2015, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the reply Noanni, and I sorta get all your statements. Have issues with the labor system, get the drift of it, but still not well liked, mainly cause when I craft I like to be able to sit down and craft more than 2 to 3 items at a time. Yes I understand that I can do crafting tasks for hours such as refine logs and ore into lumber, bars.

@Armano - can you please inform me of how to obtain those type of labor regen potions, a 10sec cooldown would be awesome....is this another cash shop item thou? if so no good, but I do not see any such thing in the shop so must be something obtainable in game, and I think I have done pretty much every quest on the faction I am playing and do not remember any quests explaining these type of labor pots.?

Aeducan76
04-01-2015, 09:03 AM
You only get the "Worker Compensation" Potions (1000 LP with a 12 hr CD) from the Cash Shop or RNG boxes or Loyality Store (Patron). A workers costs 300 in-game credits, 45-70 gold (depending on server and current economy) or 25 Loyality.

Sometimes as a gift from Trion (500 LP no CD but bound) .

There are also 200 LP potions with no CD, but those are from the RNG Boxes from the Cash Shop.

Player sell those 1k Potions on the AH as well, but if you use them you cut deep into your profits.

Luckily the offline regeneration will increase to 10 as it is online now with the 1.7a patch at the end of april. Thatīs a patron benefit. F2P wonīt get it.

Focslain
04-03-2015, 10:06 AM
The LP system is a gating system to stop some from grinding the economy into major inflation and slow the progression of players. At first I could understand the issue with capping gathering and crafting, but why opening the purses.

Then it hit me that is was another method to slow the inflation.

High tier weapons are to be rare and gold kept low, skills aren't mastered in a few days but in weeks if not months.

I've been playing since launch and my highest profession is 60K, course I have 2 at 50K and a few more in the 30K region. But I know it's going to take time to get this up and I'm fine with that.

Yes you can buy potions to give you more LP, but you don't have to. It's an option that takes advantaged of our current 'want to have it now' attitude and our willingness to pay out the nose to get to our goals quickly. Here with the labour system we have something that forces us to do something else with our time other then just sitting at a computer watching numbers go up (for which there are games for that as well).

So if your labour is low, go explore the world. Help a fellow player in a quest, and yes kill monsters or other players. But there is more to this game then crafting.